Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 05:13 PM   #31  
GmaTo8

Angry

Hello buds,

Kayecee - We have a Jimmy that we are going to trade in for a van. I didn't think I'd drive a van, either, but with the grandkids' car seats, we really need the room.

Angie - angel dust!! LOL!!! Actually, you could say it's a science project!!

Mel - well, sweetie, at least you are now employed. I would LOVE to have a "Fish and More" right about now. Btw, glad to find a Sue Grafton fan! And did you know Janet Evanovich is coming out with To the Nines soon?

Cristi - thanks for the high-five! You are doing great with the exercise!

Took one of the twins with me to Walmart earlier and copied some pictures. She spied a balloon and just about went apedoody until I let her have it. I bought some more padded hangers - my closet is filling up with them. I like the fact that my big ol' clothes don't fall off of that kind.

Do any of you have digital cameras? What is a good kind to buy? I want to invest in one, and it has to be an easy one to operate. I welcome all suggestions.....

TTFN,
Jana
Old 07-15-2003, 06:42 PM   #32  

Hey all, well here I am goofing off again. I'm suppose to be studying, but I had to take a break. Since Jana has recruited so many people I thought I'd take a minute to try to learn who everyone is. Unfortunately, I guess it will take me a while. But I will tell you a little about myself first:

I'm a 44 year old college junior, majoring in accounting! So far I've maintained a 3.7 GPA. Guess that isn't too bad for a small town southern girl (country bumpkin)LOL I've been married almost 19 years to my dh Maurice, I have two daughters from a previous marriage, Angela and Chasy; also, a stepdaughter, Misty. We also have six grandchildren: Nicholas 10, Caylin 4, Aliyah 2, Dylan 1 1/2, Brittany 6 months, and Elijah 7 weeks.OH, I forgot my other baby, a shiz tzu named GIZMO.

I've been overweight most of my adult life. More years than I would care to count! When Brittany was born in February I weighed abt. 188, I'm now closing in on 170. Actually I recently lost down to 167, but alas, I gained some back and weighed in this morning at 173.4!UGH!! I've gained because I've really been stressed with summer classes and my 22 year old daughter moving back home with her three babies! I am still walking at least 3 days a week sometimes more, so I'm holding my own.

Well, I hope you will all tell me a little something about yourselves. It has been over a month since I had posted, so unfortunately, I haven't gotten to know everyone like Jana has.

JANA, congrats on the weight loss. It is great to hear that you are doing so well. I am really proud for you.

BTW, I do have a digital camera. I LOVE IT. I never spend money to develop photos anymore. The only time I print them is to give a copy to my daughters or my mom and dad. Mostly, I download them to the computer, and turn on my screen saver. I now can watch my photos flash across my monitor all day long. I also put them on CD's, just in case my computer was to crash. I would die if I lost my photos. I no longer have to buy film either, so in the long run I think it saves money. I own an Olympus 3.2 megapixel. The size of the megapixels determines how well you can print photos, 1 megapixel will only print 4 X 6's, 2 megapixel will print up to 5 X 7's and 3 and over will pring as large as 8 X 10's. I've been really pleased with it.

Well, it's time to get back to the accounting book. I'll check in with you girls later.

Ruth
Old 07-15-2003, 06:57 PM   #33  
Fit and Feisty

Wow! I can hardly believe this thread. As one of the original Jaded Ladies from 1999 (we called ourselves The Featherweights then) I am so amazed at all our newbies and all the posts.

Michelle: I did not go back to the gym. The reason I ordered The Firm tapes was so I could work out at home in the AM.

Kayecee: A Chihuahua named Buttons? How adorable. Tell me more about your Chi. I never owned the breed before, and now I have two!

Jana: Congrats on your NSV (non-scale victory). I firmly believe that it's at those moments when we actually lose weight. That moment THAT COULD GO EITHER WAY! That's the moment to really think about!

Love to all,
carree
Old 07-15-2003, 07:43 PM   #34  

DH has his tooth out! You would think he had to rip it out with his bare hands and a tweezer! I went through natural childbirth TWICE . Needless to say, I am not impressed.

I actually LOVE the Caravan, but I owned a Blazer last year and the back seat was very stiff and the kids hated it. When I hauled my big old butt in the back of the van yesterday, it had the same feeling, and 2 kids moaning about being uncomfortable is not my idea of a good ride. I also love my radio controls on my steering wheel and the computer that tells me exactly how many miles I can go before I run completely out of gas. (I have actually run out of gas a couple of times. ) Most of the Caravans I have looked at don't have those features. DH and I have decided to save our pennies and possibly get one next year with all of the up-grades.

Mel- Congrats on the job. See... the good vibes worked.

OK- a little about me. I am a 36 year old elementary teacher (and I wonder why I have bad nerves ) I have 2 kids: boy=10 and girl=3. DH is a concrete finisher (and 6 years younger than me- don't ever believe you can marry them young and raise them to be like you want- doesn't work lol) My baby brother was my best friend. He drove a gasoline truck and was killed in Missouri 7 years ago when his truck exploded- on his only child's birthday. God was gracious and he didn't die until just after midnight- at least his daughter won't have to remember her dad dying ON her birthday. Anyway, my parents have 40 acres in Northeast Arkansas near Jonesboro. My bro and I both had houses next door to my parents. I still live here. We are all very close and do everything together. After my bro's death, I have gained about 70 pounds. At this rate, I figure I will hit 300 by my 40th birthday if I don't do something now. Sooooo.... here I am.

We got our chihuahua six years ago. Mom went with us and he was insane when he saw her buttons on her shirt. He tried to maul them to death... thus, his name.

We had a fire last year in March. We lost just about everything, but the firemen were friends of ours. When they figured out that it was gonna be a loss, they asked me where sentimental stuff was. They were able to save some of the stuff that was most important. We lived with my parents for 5-6 months and built our own house. We moved in just as school started last year and still have a lot to do. We are going slow and taking our time so that we will come out of this thing with NO mortgage!!!! That is soooo liberating!

Well, big baby... I mean, DH ... needs some soup. I will check in later.

P.S. I tried the new Slim Fast ice cream fudge bars.... yum, yum and only 3 points!
Old 07-15-2003, 10:41 PM   #35  

Default Woo Hoo! Got a good problem here!

First a confession: Yesterday was my first day and I went over by about 6 points. But today, I am OP and FULL!!! Woo hoo! Now the problem- I am not only OP and full, but I am about 4 points under. I had 22 points so far and my range is 26-31. Since I went so far over yesterday and so far under today, I have decided to do a modified Wendie plan. Does that sound o.k. or do I need to eat another snack to get up to 26 points? I REALLY don't feel like eating another bite. This must be a fluke. Someone is gonna have to kick me in the butt though to get me to exercise. I made the mistake of reading a couple of threads about stretch marks and loose skin. Has anyone done WATP?
Old 07-15-2003, 11:53 PM   #36  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

How can I not love this place...I laugh so much coming in here...don't know you all but...getting to quickly.
I love your saying Kayecee....only one who can stop me is me...and I can take her...priceless.....Hope you don't mind if I tell that to the girls at the gym? I know what you mean about the back seat in the caravan they are uncomfortable,,,we have one...and I can't wait to get rid of it. May be awhile yet till I do thou.

Ok I have been hearing so much about WW...and well I tried about 12 yrs ago...without success infact I gained 7 lbs in 4 weeks so I thought best if I left now...before I get any bigger. I think what I will do is check it out again since it sounds so different from when I was there.

I also collect other then dust and angels...roosters and faeries...roosters in my family room and kitchen and faeries in the yard.

Well I found a house....fell in love. It will have to be built...*sigh said going into this house hunting that I NEVER want to build again. And here I am already decorating the house that hasn't even been built yet...geesh

later...
Ang
Old 07-16-2003, 12:19 AM   #37  

Don't mind if you do tell it to others... I snitched it from somewhere myself. Teachers are the ultimate "borrowers."

Why are you house hunting? I know what you mean about building. I don't think I will ever get everything done. But it is really nice to look around here and know that we have really accomplished this much. We did not hire a contractor. We actually built it ourselves. It is really satisfying to look around and know that I did things like saw 85% of the lumber in here, dug half of the footing for the concrete, painted, etc. I think that it makes me appreciate it more. (Ya think I coulda lost a few pounds in the process though! lol) Are you do-it-yourselfers or hiring a contractor?

Later.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:08 AM   #38  
GmaTo8

~
~

DO NOT POST HERE - GO TO JULY JADED LADIES #5

See you there...........
Closed Thread