Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2003, 08:48 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Smile ~July Jaded Ladies #2~

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of women who support each other through all of life's ups and downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?

Jana
Old 07-03-2003, 08:59 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down Welcome!

Hi Ladies,

Ricci - Welcome to our little group! Tell us about yourself, okay?

Elle - ONE MORE DAY!! I would be so excited if it were me!

Mel - So glad you had a fun birthday.

Carree - Awwww... your chihuahuas are so precious!! What are their names? Also, how are you feeling?

Cristi - The DGD's just turned one last month and had a good time with their little cakes. One of them looks just like my DD did, and the other one looks like the dad., just like your nieces! But people still ask if they are identical.

Today I am going to get some things done for tomorrow's celebration. We always have coneys so I can get the sauce made today, and also the deviled eggs. I have already planned out my points for the day, and with using my extra ones, I can have a real nice dinner with the rest of them. DD said she and her DH will wake up the girls when it's time for fireworks. Just this once shouldn't hurt anything, and I know they will get a big kick out of the colors and lights.

Gotta get the laundry going... bbl,
Jana
Old 07-03-2003, 11:22 AM   #3  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

As of tomorrow I'm headed to Maine for a family reunion--I'm looking forward to it because I really miss the ocean, and I'll get a chance to meet relatives I've never met before.

Its an inexpensive trip because we are staying in a tiny little travel camper my uncle owns, and will just have the cost of groceries and fuel. I *will* be eating out to eat clamcakes though--I adore them and you can't get them in Vermont.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:25 AM   #4  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Oh, the kitten's wound is still large and nasty, but the infection is now gone so we'll be stitching him soon--not ALL the way as that could trap more infection, but enough that he'll have a much smaller scar and bald spot.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:10 PM   #5  

Good morning wonderful ladies...

What a beautiful day it is here. Im sure its going to get uncomfortably hot soon, but for now its just right!

Hubby was supposed to wake me up for an early trip to the gym today, but changed his mind, and let me sleep in. I love him for that.

Heres my vent for the day. One of my sister in laws (shes an ex wife of my BIL) lives a block away from me. She has decided that I am her new built in babysitter. She has an 11 year old son, who is quite a problem child. When she cant get someone to watch him she just drops him at my door without asking! She did it once in the middle of winter, without even checking to see if we were home or not. I came home to find the poor kid shivering on my porch. She did it when I wasnt home, and hubby was leaving for work, so he ended up having to stay at our house all by himself. Even worse, I have never met her face to face. She has never even taken the time to come introduce herself to me in the 2 years Ive lived here. For all she knows I could be a child molester. Im not...but she doesnt know that. Would you leave your kid with some stranger? She makes me so angry, and I feel so bad for him. Hes under the impression that this is nothing out of the ordinary. I do it when I can, for his sake, but I dont like to because it just encourages her. Ive had my husband call her to tell her that its not really appropriate for her to just drop him off, but she did it again this morning. She sent him over to see if he could stay for the day, just as we were on our way out the door. That is one lady that should not have children.
Ok..Im finished. Thanks for listening.

Anyway, Im spending the rest of the day getting the house ready. Then tonight, we're shopping for puppy stuff...a crate, food, collars, and of course tons of toys!

Carree...your chihuahuas are adorable. Theres one that come to our doggie park thats a real tough guy. My dog tries to play with him, but he doesnt want anything to do with her.

Jana...youre almost as excited as I am about the pup...LOL. I really cant wait til tomorrow. It seems like the wait was forever. My hubby keeps calling us his little family. All his girls have M names...Michelle, Mattie and Makena.
Oh and.......MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM coneys!

Hello to everyone else...Id say hi individually, but I cant get back onto the old thread to see what everyone said last, without losing my post. So y'all get one big HELLO!

I hope everyones having a great day and enjoying the sunshine.

Take care of your sweet selves!

Michelle
Old 07-03-2003, 01:27 PM   #6  
Fit and Feisty

Default Another photo

My apologies.....I am so far behind in reading all of the posts, but I am so excited to see our new people. Welcome to all of you. I promise, I will get caught up.

This is a photo of DH and myself taken in Aruba last November.
Old 07-03-2003, 01:41 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies

Jana, yes those coney's sound so good!

Michelle, what is wrong with the sil? I would have to say she has nerve, and that poor child. You would think she would at least make the effort to get to know you and see if someone is home before dropping her son off. That is just terrible and it has to be hard on him. Is there a reason he can't just stay at his home? I know 11 is kind of young to be staying home alone but people do it all the time. Sounds like this lady needs a good talking to. Does she not think that you have a life? Geez, some people. The person who suffers here is the child and that is just sad. Sounds like you are getting ready for the new addition to the family tomorrow. What a GREAT 4th of July for you!

Hi to EVERYONE else. Hope EVERYONE is having a great day. I will check back later ladies, need to get to my to do list. I have started making one every day to make me get things done. Take care and try to stay cool.
Old 07-03-2003, 02:29 PM   #8  

Hello everyone,
My name is Kym and I was invited to join this support forum by Mel. She says taht she has a lot of laughs and good support with this group, and I thought it was very nice for her to take the time to reply to my thread. I have never been on this site before yesterday and thought it would be cool to give it a chance. I'm 26 years old and weigh 185 lbs. I work out at Curves regularly and love it, but I find that I eat a lot more and indulge in whatever I want, whenever I want. Part of the problem is that I am extremely bored at work (I don't even like the job much) so I tend to eat. I try to keep myself occupied with reading and such, but I'm sure most of you know, that can be boring sometimes too. Anyway, I'm looking for a little support and a lot of will power and was hoping that I may be able to find some with you ladies! Sorry for writing so much.
Thanks,
kym
Old 07-03-2003, 03:14 PM   #9  

Hello everyone and welcome Kym!!

Michelle, I bet you just can't wait until the new puppy arrives tomorrow! What fun to get to see a new puppy and an "old" puppy get to know each other. If yours is anyhting like ours is, she will adopt the young one and suddenly have a new baby.
I think I would have a little talk with the sil myself, it sounds kind of mean, but I think I would tell her that if she doesn't quit dropping her son off weather you're home or not, You will report her to children's services. She is hurting her son, more than anyone else. My dh's ex used to do that to my stepson all the time, he developed a lo of behavioral problems becaused he felt he wasn't wanted by his mother. It cost her in the long run because he decided to come live with us once he turned 14. Have fun shopping for new toys, I know I would!!!!!!

Kym, try keeping some good for you snacks at work. Do you work at a place where you can get up and walk around some or take a break? If you are, try taking a small walk when you srtart wanting to snack, believe it or not, it does help. If you can't get up and walk around, try just taking a few deep breaths and telling yourself you are not hungry. Don't worry about writing too much, as you can tell all of us tend to write mini novels here sometimes.

Carree, your puppies are sooooo cute. I'll have to dig up pics of our dogs to post here, we have a chow/newfoundland mix, a shepard/basenji mix and on cat that thinks he's a dog. When we got him he was very young so our chow adopted him, even let him try to nurse. Nothing funnier than watching this tiny little kitten try to nurse form this huge dog.

Jana, what fun, to be with the twins for their first fireworks! Sounds like you're going to have a blast, kids are so much fun at that age.

Hope everyone has a great 4th. We're not doing much, my nephew is coming over, I'll probably grill out and then we'll walk to the fireworks.

Talk to everyone later!
Old 07-03-2003, 03:49 PM   #10  

Had to share with everone my good news. I tried on a pair of size 14 jeans I haven't been able to wear in years and they fit, comfortably! Yeah me!!! Mel
Old 07-03-2003, 09:27 PM   #11  

Thanks Mel, for the advice. On most days I can take short walks (if everyone decides to show up) on others it's kind've hard but I will take your advice on the deep breathing. Also, CONGRATULATIONS on your jeans. That is an amazing feeling!!!!
Thanks Again,
Kym
Old 07-03-2003, 10:00 PM   #12  
soontobethin

I am 26, married, have two sons, 4 and 2, and I am jealous of Michelle because of the new puppy. I am a dog person, just can't have them in the apartment. Hope everyone has a great 4th.
Ricci
Old 07-03-2003, 11:43 PM   #13  
The Rockinghorse Gal

Way to go, Mel! I'm so envious...I'm in a 24 these days.

I'm off for three days to a family reunion in Maine--see you when we ge back. (I'm gonna eat clamcakes and play in the ocean....whee!)
Old 07-04-2003, 03:50 AM   #14  

Hello Ladies!! Hope you dont mind too much if I join ya.
Old 07-04-2003, 08:19 AM   #15  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down

Happy 4th of July, Ladies!

Kat - have fun in Maine and eat a clamcake for me! This mini-vacation will do you good, since you have been working so hard, and have been so sick.

Elle - Today's the big day!! Your DH could call all of you collectively the M&Ms. I have to agree with the others - your ex-sil has balls...er... I meant NERVE! I feel sorry for the kid and agree with whoever said he's probably old enough to stay by himself. Kids who are shuffled so much unfortunately grow up way too fast.

Carree - Love the pic!! It is a little blurry but you are as pretty as ever, and you both look so happy! Happy 4th!

Cristi - hiya - stop by the house and I will have your coney ready, lol.

Kim - Welcome! Write as much and as often as you want, and tell us more about yourself, okay?

Mel - you stinker! I haven't been able to fit in a 14 since I was in my 30's. I can imagine how eleted you are. Have fun with the nephew today.

Yaeko - WELCOME!! Tell us about yourself, okay?

I am so glad that I got a lot of stuff done yesterday. Today all I have to do is clean the bathrooms and make baked beans. There will be 11 of us here - that's just my own little family.

I'll try to get back later,
Jana
Closed Thread