Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #61  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,
Yes I am back from the land of Oz and back at work (2nd day - not as bad as the first). I had a good time with the family and friends. I got my implant tooth looked at and my hair cut and coloured but due to a complete b*llsup at the optometrist (not only theirs, mine too) I didn't get to see her. Not to worry, if things get bad, then I will go to one here and get my paperwork faxed over from the other place.
I managed to see most of the people I set out to see. Missed a couple but that's okay. That's life. But everything was surrounded by food. Dinner on Thursday night - Malaysian. Dinner on Friday night - Indian. Dinner on Saturday night - barbecue. Plenty to drink and probably not more than 3 hours sleep per night. So I am not surprised that the scale hasn't moved. I would have started back on the exercise this morning, but my niece has decided to have a show and tell night of the photos taken during her pregnancy and the baby photos taken shortly after birth until now. So I am off to her place tonight for one of M's dinners which generally cater for the rank and file members of the 8th Army. Slept like a log last night I might add - although that might have had something to do with the 'Snore n Peace' tea just before bedtime. Or then again, the weekend might have caught up with me.

Happy - Sorry to hear that you are suffering S.A.D and cabin fever. Can't (and don't want to) imagine what that would be like. Here it is getting cooler in the mornings and evenings and the days are drawing in, but it isn't bad yet.
The Birken is coming around again??!! Where did the time go. Only seems like yesterday that you were talking about last years run.

Annie - Hope C's business comes right for him. It's ridiculous when the middle management can not find common ground. It's their heads on the block as well - don't they realise this? Are the other drivers feeling like C is???

Laura - Welcome home. Glad to hear you have a day off to do whatever with. Makes it worthwhile that does. Stress and the pain of getting up for work will come soon enough tomorrow.
Nice that you had a great time.

Michelle - Hope you have finished that 'little job' for the friend. Things always take longer than expected.

Ceejay - cryptic little note there. Pulled the new guy?????

Terra - walking is great exercise. It really has to be my favourite. So you are doing well with 45 minutes per outing. Is this outside or do you go to a gym?
We are a nosy lot. Tell us a bit about yourself.

Okay, best go and grovel to a bloke. I need some help to do something. He owes me a couple of favours. Maybe I will take him a banana - sweeten him up.

Oh yes someone asked about Jen. No I have heard nothing from her at all since Mel died. I sent her a Christmas letter and never heard back from that. She should be in the new apartment by now. I must try again - if I ever get a chance to stay home on a weekend. Chris (from Japan) wants to go to a craft market sometime in the coming weekend. I have to deliver a couple of gifts that I brought back with me from the family to various people and I need to do some shopping for food as well. Doesn't seem like there will be much downtime there.
Better buzz.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:07 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning Shad
Sounds like you have had a good week end. No the new guy is still with me. Not sure for how long. Probably till B get's back from his class.

Laura
Welcome back.

My friend went home for her mom's birthday party today. I have at least one peaceful night. However, she will get the couch when she comes back. She'll do her thing I'll do mine.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:10 PM   #63  

Guess I forgot Susie. Sorry Susie.
Sounds like you had the run around with the boss. Here we can apply for passports on-line. You just have to express post the photos down.
No sending of old passports anymore. You fill in the number of the old one and they look it up when they are reviewing the paperwork to ensure the information is the same. Same applies with Visas mostly - except for those countries who make life difficult (like the USA and Russia). I'm fairly lucky since good ol' little NZ doesn't have to have visas for a number of countries that all others do. Must be something to do with our lovely natures and of course our culture Not to mention the All Blacks Rugby team and the Haka.

Last edited by Shad; 02-10-2014 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:26 AM   #64  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Morning all as it is morning....

My son and dil called me last evening saying their home was broken into while they were at work yesterday. Happy they were not there and are fine. However, most can be replaced...TV, xbox, Dvd etc etc. THe only thing not replaceable is his safe they took. Heavy 5 ft tall and 2.5 feet wide, they had to of had a dolly. They only stole one of his many guns which is kind of bizzare to me. The safe had both passports, house papers, his military graduation ring, both of their high school class rings, just a lot of important things. No idea who it might of been as the one bloke it might of been is in jail for going AWOL from army national guard. Unless he planned it to happen while he was in jail so he wouldn't get the blame. He broke in DSs house one other time and stole about 400.00. I don't know I am just angry, upset and not happy at the moment. Last night I could of fought a bear and won.

I will come back later today to do personals. Just not in the mood at the moment. Sorry girls.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:44 AM   #65  

Morning ladies. Still not caught up on your posts, but getting there.

It's 3 degrees F out there today. Brrr. But from today forward, it only gets better for the next several days, barring any drastic forecast changes.

Other good things (sarcasm) - my performance review is in 30 min. and I have a WW meeting today.

Re the perf. review, I just read my boss's comments, and they are generally in agreement with my own self-assessment, so no big surprises. We don't talk any money today, so ho-hum.

Re WW, I weighed myself yesterday and I was a pound up from my last home weigh-in on 1/28, and unfortunately, today I was up 2 pounds from that weigh-in. But I will go face the music and get back to MFP today for tracking.

--
Did mostly nothing yesterday except newspapers, finishing a book I was reading, reading your posts, & watching some HGTV & DIY tv. I also walked doggy and went out to dinner with BF and his mum for a belated 80th bday dinner for her. Also showed her some vacay photos.

--
I'll hold off on personals for now. Likely tomorrow, I'll be wading through e-mails today.

Attached a couple photos - today vs. last week. Slightly depressing. I'll get over it. At least my land legs are back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg today_resized web sm.jpg (26.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg last wk_resized - web sm.jpg (41.7 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Laura705; 02-11-2014 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #66  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday ladies,

Another late night for me...I just love the Olympics and can't stop watching them. I didn't want to get up this morning.

I created an original graphic for my boss (and her boss), and they are quite pleased. Probably just one minor tweak before we send it off to the printer.

I've also got to compile a written recommendation for a new web host based on the research I gathered for the past few days.

The video really wasn't that difficult to do. I downloaded a software for around $40, and you just add the photos and videos, add the music and then determine how you want the photos to transition from one to the next. The most difficult part was taking two different versions of the song "In My Life (I've Loved You More)" (by the Beatles originally and covered by Roberta Flack), and combining them together using the first couple verses of the Beatles version, then all of Roberta's version, then the last verse of the Beatles. That took several hours of learning the audio software program and then getting it to do what I wanted. I was able to do a pretty good job with that if I do say so.

Just a couple more photos to scan and add, and then viola!

==================================
Annie - I'm so sorry to hear about your DS's home being broken into? Do they have insurance (renters or homeowners) that will cover the cost to replace the items? It's awful that they lost so much, but at least no one was hurt. Sending you lots of love and hugs, and sending prayers to you and your loved ones.

Laura - Dang, 3 degrees is so cold! Has me shivering just thinking about it. Performance review and WW weigh in. I love the two photos! What a difference a week makes! Such a pretty picture of you in the sun hat with glistening sand and water in the background! I've had sea legs before just going out on a choppy lake or ocean to go fishing for a few hours...I can only imagine how much worse it would be after being on a ship for a week. Find something to hold on to.

Ceejay - I read your blog post. Your roommate is definitely overstepping her bounds. I'm glad for you that she went home. She should most definitely sleep on the couch if/when she comes back.

Happy - So it's Birkebeiner time already, huh? Lots of tourists in town for that no doubt. I hope the weather and snow conditions stay favorable for the race, as I know it brings a lot of revenue to your area. Thanks for asking about the migraines. I'm noticing that I am getting them a lot when the weather changes and low pressure moves in...especially when it gets rainy...hence my headaches this past weekend. It's supposed to drizzle a little tomorrow and Thursday with another storm (hopefully) moving in Saturday night...hopefully after my friend's party. I recorded the Beatles special from Sunday night, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Terra - Wow! Good for you on getting 3 walks per day!

Susie - sounds like a real confusing mess dealing with your boss' passport. I hope it all works out in the end, even if it means calling into the meetings in Manila.

Shad - Good on ya' for getting most everything taken care of during your short stint back home. Good that if needed you'll be able to see an optometrist in NZ. What a fun evening with your niece and the photos of during the pregnancy and the baby!

Signing off for now. I'll try and check back in later.

Much love to all,
Old 02-11-2014, 05:19 PM   #67  

For now it's as peaceful as can be at work. I'll probably jinx myself! Nothing new on my end. I actually slept in my bed last night. Ahhhh.

Annie
Wow that was some break in at your son's house toting out a 5 foot gun case. I'm with you sounds as though they knew what he had.

Michelle
I'll probably watch some of the Olympics tonight. I actually forgot about it last night but I had to do some other things as well.

More later. I'm still at work.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:52 PM   #68  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

MyChoice2bfit ~ Thats cool that we're the same weight, I agree with you that its good to have someone to go down the scale with.

Shad ~ I walk outside when the weather is nice but when its not I walk inside the house

diyana ~ Thanks for commenting on my weightloss but today I found out I've actually lost 8 pounds total since I started my weight loss journey so thats really cool.

Im gonna at least walk once today and then tomorrow I'll walk 3 times for sure and of course every day after that. I was going to go to a meeting tomorrow but its been cancelled because of the snow but I hope I can still go to my other meeting on Thursday. Anyway I hope everyone has a wonderful day/night
Old 02-11-2014, 10:12 PM   #69  

Hello Ladies,
It's been so long since I've posted here but have kept up with some of you on FB. I will try and post more here. So much has gone on these past few months. I got a new boyfriend... going on 8 months now. Life is good. We spent most weekends together, took a vacation with him and his kids (20 and 21). I joined WW 3 weeks ago and have lost 6 pounds. Tomorrow is my weigh in day. I have got to start working out.

Annie - so sorry to hear about your son and DIL break in. I'm glad no one was home, but surprised they could move a safe.. Sounds to me more than 1 person was involved.

Diyana - would love to hear more about the seminar. I'm looking at the one you told me about in Austin. I would love to hear Dr. Dyer speak...

Laura - I won't complain about our weather here. When I see the news up North I always think of you and the walk to the train station. Really loved Chicago and might go back up with boyfriend.

Ceejay - are you still at the water plant? New roommate?

Happy - I think I have SAD too. Have you looked into those lights? I know Brookstone carries them here but hate to pay the price for one.

Shad - is that a photo of your granddaughter? if yes, she is getting big.

Terra and Suzie - nice to meet you. I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Last edited by 1day@atime; 02-11-2014 at 10:14 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-12-2014, 03:09 AM   #70  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi guys,

Sorry I didn't check in. Busy day today running errands and doing stuff with the hubster.

Patty welcome back - glad to hear you found happiness with a new guy. May it last a long time Congrats on the weight loss.

I'm not sure how it got interpreted that way but I don't have S.A.D - I'm must tired of it being cold already. Thanks for your concern and suggestions anyway - we have been having lots of sunshine - it's just that the temps have hardly gone over 10 degrees and with a bit of a breeze, it's darn cold going out. I wore jeans today and just about froze in the car until the engine warmed up. Denim is NOT warm.

Terra - you go girl - walking is fantastic exercise. Keep up the good work and stay motivated. Congrats on the pounds down.

Ceejay - did you give up your own bed for your friend??? Yikes. Hope she can go home soon.

Michelle - I was hoping perhaps the change in climate might be a positive for your migraines. Glad the video montage is coming along nicely and it sounds as if you are making a positive difference at the new job. Good for you! It's nice to be doing something you enjoy even if sometimes you're under a crunch to learn something new. I used to love researching new stuff.

Laura - welcome back - loved the contrast and compare pics - you looked happier in the warm sun Hope the weigh in was not too bad - doesn't sound like it would be. Did you get lots of walking in? How did the review go?

Annie - I am so, so sorry to hear about the theft. It certainly sounds as if it was someone who knew them if they brought a dolly to steal the safe. Wow. I feel badly for them because I'm sure that everything in that safe was of sentimental value and is irreplaceable. I hope they catch the Guns can be easily traced which is why they might not have taken many. Sure doesn't sound like a random thing...

Shad - the good thing about the Birkenbeiner is that it breaks up the long winter here They are talking about freezing rain next week - I certainly hope not. Did you get everything done that you wanted to or are you spreading things out for the upcoming weekend?

Susie - the ski race starts 30 miles away and ends on Main street in our town. With so many visitors and racers and the streets blocked off, I have studiously avoided being around for the race. However this year I am working at the Thrift Shop Thursday and one of the volunteers is trying to persuade me and DH to volunteer at a spaghetti fundraiser at church on Friday. The race is Saturday - I will see how bad parking is and if we can get in behind the shop, we might come in early on Saturday to watch the winner and the first few people race to home. Haven't really decided yet. I hate crowds now that I am away from the city but I guess we should experience it at least once. Hope you got a chance to relax for a bit.

Way past my bedtime. Not sure if I will be able to post tomorrow. We might do some stuff, depends on if and how much snow we might get overnight. Talk later chicks...
Old 02-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #71  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

WIcked Wednesday, hump day, trash day, week half over offically at noon, what more could a girl ask for...lol. It was actually 4 degrees this morning rather than -4 like yesterday. Dang heat wave. This weather is killing my ankle. I am going next week for another cortisone shot, owie, it has been 5 mos since the last one, so the doc said it would be ok. I go this Friday to see about this huge ganglion cyst on my wrist. I have had it for years, it just keeps getting bigger, my grip is not too great in that hand. I have tried the slam the book on it ordeal, didn't work. We shall see what the doc says.

Just ate celery and cottage cheese for breakfast. Love both of them. I do sometimes feel like a rabbit. Still at -12.2 lost, but that is ok. I am not stressing over it or trying to win a race or anything. It will come. I am busy worrying and stressing over other things in life right now which may be holding me back on the weight loss. WHo knows.

Tonight is Kiwanas. I really enjoy the meetings and speakers and the best part is I am going with my brother (the one with cancer) so we have some bro/sis time also. Sometimes I just look at him and how positive he is then I get tears in my eyes for my own selfishness. Let's face it, I am a mess right now. Bleh, enough!

HAPPY...I am with you on the SAD thing. I don't have that, but also sick of cold and snow. Well I guess I do have sad but for different reasons. It is time for the race already. Sheesh, seems like you just moved up there last year. Where does time go?

HI PATTY....nice to hear your man is still around and you two are enjoying life together. That is wonderful!

TERRA...good for you on the 8 lbs lost. That is fantastic. I think walking is the best exercise ever. Keep doing what you are doing it seems to be working.

LAURA...I like the picture with the hat sitting on the beach the best. We could all use a few days like that I do believe.

SHADDIE...glad you made it back from the land of OZ. Yes the other drivers C works with feel the same way. Why can't things just be peaceful?

CHELLE...I was up during the night and got to watch the couples skating. They are amazing and so graceful. Looks like I won't ever be doing that. Lol. Good for you pleasing your boss on the project. Brownie points sister.

CEEG...I think maybe next time when this friend wants to stay with you, tell her the hotel is closed or you already have guest during the time she wants to stay. Yikes!

SUSIE...I used to do passports when I worked at another job. I also did visas for Mexico. What a pain in the arse to work with the Mexican consulate in Chicago. I feel for you sister.

I think that is everybody, sorry if I missed someone, we are getting to be a big crowd! Wonder what ever happen to Ellen? Kids and job I suppose. and Ruthie? Holly? hmmmmmmmmmm

Anyway, make it a wonderful Wednesday everyone, stay OP, and smile at a stranger!

Hugs
Old 02-12-2014, 11:18 AM   #72  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Hump Day!

I met a friend after work and got two more photos for his wife's b'day video. He's going to e-mail me a couple more today.

Today after work, I have a webinar for a writing workshop I've been taking the last few months. Luckily, it will be recorded if I end up having to miss it by choosing instead to work on the video.

My plan is to get back to the gym starting Sunday. I'll go Sunday and Monday, and then continue at least 4 days a week.

========================

Ceejay - I hope the rest of the day was quiet for you. Are you getting any of the icy bad weather like they are getting in Georgia?

Terra - You mentioned meetings. Do you go to WW meetings or TOPs or something else? I'm so impressed by your walking.

Patty - So great to see you in here! You and your bf look so happy in the pictures you've posted on FB. I'm thrilled for you! Congrats on your weight loss so far! The "I Can Do It" seminar was amazing. I highly recommend it. I came away from it feeling so uplifted. Two full days of positive motivating speakers!

Happy - I know how beautiful Midwest winters can be, especially when the sun is shining and it looks like it should be warm outside. Then you go outside and freeze your b*tt off. I hope that you don't get freezing rain next week during the race. I'm sure the racers are hard-core and would race anyway, but it sure wouldn't be the best conditions for them (or for the spectators).

Susie - I hope you're having a good day at work. How is your DH?

Annie - Morning temps of -4 and even 4 above? I definitely don't miss that. I'm glad you're getting another cortisone shot, especially if they help you. I used to have a ganglion cyst on my wrist, and when the slam the book didn't work for me, I started just pressing down on it REALLY hard many times a day, and sort of moving it around as much as I could. Eventually it dissipated. I'm impressed by your celery and cottage cheese breakfast, and especially by the results you're having. Try to turn all your stress over to God in prayer. I know it's not easy with your loved ones who are ill, and what just happened with your son, and with your job. Just pray, pray, pray. The cortisol your body is producing from the stress does make your body hold on to excess weight. Sending you lots of love and big hugs, sister. I would NEVER call you selfish!! You are so loving, giving and generous! It does help to spend time with people who are very ill to put things in perspective though. I think about that when I'm with my friend who has cancer. I try not to beotch about anything...at least not around him. I loved your comment about "smile at a stranger". I've always liked the saying, "If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours."

Much love and many hugs to all of you!
Old 02-12-2014, 01:19 PM   #73  

Morning all. Had a meeting first thing, but otherwise I'll continue to catch up.

Shad – Sounds like you had a good trip home, and got most things accomplished. Hope you get caught up on the all the chores now that you’re back in NZ. How was the niece’s show and tell night? The friends I cruised with are talking about having a photo party to view and share our photos. Hope you hear from Jen at some point. I know this is a hard time for her, but I hope she's managing alright.

Susie – What a mess with the boss’s visa, but it sure sounds like you tried very hard to work it out. Good goals for the month!!

Terra – Welcome!! Congrats on the weight loss – good start. I’ve been struggling for a while with my weight loss progress, but I suppose I’ve been maintaining satisfactorily. The only problem is that I’m not at my final goal yet!! All your walking should certainly help with your progress. This winter has been bad for me getting out to exercise classes at the gym, so I haven’t been getting much cardio. I have to stop letting this winter weather get the better of me!

Ceejay – Between the trainee at work and the houseguest at home, you haven’t been getting your alone time, and they both sound like they've been annoying to boot! I’d come up with a response to have ready just in case this friend thinks she'll be staying with you whenever she comes to town. It just sounds like it’s too disruptive for you, and you deserve a peaceful place to come home to at the end of your long workdays. Good luck!!

Annie – I’m so sorry you’re going through such a rough time right now. I hope the docs can do something to keep your brother with you as long as possible. So nice you’re going to the Kiwanis meetings with him!! Horrible that your son/dil’s place got broken into. Sad to have lost the sentimental items – it sure sounds suspicious. I guess I always think these burglars only take what’s easily movable, so it’s odd to me they took that big heavy safe as well. I hope insurance can help with their recovery. I know this weather is also getting to you, but at least you have the upcoming birth of dd’s baby as a bright spot. Hang in there kiddo!! Glad you’re getting another cortisone shot. You shouldn’t have to live with that pain!!

Michelle – I bet that video is going to be really special when you’ve completed it! It’ll be so nice for the party attendees to watch and for your friend’s wife to have that afterwards. And now you’ve learned something new. Glad to hear things are going well at work. I haven’t watched any Olympics coverage at all – most of the events don’t really excite me, but if I happen to tune in on something that interests me I’ll watch for a bit. This winter, I think I really don’t want to watch more cold/wintery activities. I’ve had enough winter in my own backyard.

Patty – Good to see you here! You seem very happy from reading your FB postings – wonderful to hear you’ve found a great guy to spend time with and that your life is good. Don’t be a stranger – come back soon!!

Happy – I hope you’re able to watch some of that Birkenbeiner race this year. It would be nice to actually enjoy some of the winter up there! I sure hope you don’t run short of your propane supply. Any plans to take a warm weather vacation in the future?? I went to that site of the old Chicago things – I remember waiting for the bus on the corner where the old Florsheim factory was. And Yo-Ho potato chips.

==
Nothing much to report from yesterday. My review went fine. On to the 2014 goals.

I had a gain of 0.6 pounds at my WW weigh-in. After the cruise, I’ll take it. Though I did keep rather active along with B. Four of the 7 days I took shore excursions, three of which included decent amounts of physical movement.

I’ll give a quick recap of my cruise a couple days at a time. Starting with the Saturday we left town – my friend B and I were extremely lucky we even got to fly out that day. It was snowing very heavily on the drive to the airport with my bf and we were crawling along the highway. I think the fact that our flight was early enough that there wasn’t a very large snow accumulation yet helped tremendously. The flight was only delayed about an hour.

New Orleans was off and on misty/sunny when we arrived and took a shuttle to our hotel, which was close to the French Quarter. Our other two friends had already arrived a short time earlier (they had driven down), and we all got out and took a trolley/streetcar to an area recommended for dining located on the other side of the French Quarter. We had a late lunch at a nice place - I had a shrimp po' boy that also had fried green tomato on it. Yum.

Since it had turned into a nice day, we all walked back to the hotel through the French Quarter. B and I browsed the market along the way, walked through Jackson Square, and then we met up with the other two for some more browsing. It wasn’t even 6:30 pm and the Quarter was really hopping – but it was a Saturday night, so I guess that’s not unusual at all. (My three previous times in NOLA allowed very limited nightime sightseeing.) We made it an early night. B & I watched a Jimmy Fallon tv special and enjoyed it. Wonder how he’ll do on the Tonight Show when he takes over for Jay Leno...

On Sunday we walked a short distance to a nice place for breakfast. Getting to the cruise terminal was a bit of an irritation, or should I say the planning of it was. My friend D and her sis had their car and insisted on working it out so they could also drive B and I over (even though it wasn’t far at all), but with all of our luggage, it would have been more than one trip. Turns out it wasn’t – the hotel valet managed to cram all the luggage in the car. But this wasn’t the first occasion in which D would try to plan out every last detail…

It was cool, misty & very foggy when we sailed at 4pm, but it didn’t interfere with getting settled in our cabins, eating dinner and going to the welcome show that night. Not posting any photos from Sat. & Sun. because I didn’t capture much. More tomorrow. Promise I won't be so longwinded!!
Old 02-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #74  

Laura,
Didn't think that you are long winded. I enjoy stories of vacations. I relive it through you. I'm anxiously waiting for the pictures. And only gaining a .6 pounds while on vacation is good.

Annie
Yes it's hump day and my Friday. This week hasn't been bad at all. I'm mainly sitting back and letting him do all of it. The boss man was watching us sit and talk and he called the trainee over to get some chores to do. He's been a busy man today. Glad you had some bro/sis time. By the way we had a -3 wind chill Monday of this week. Brrrrrr Ouch on the ganglion cyst.

Michelle
I've been lax in my exercise also. But maybe tonight and definitely tomorrow I will start back. Hope you get the montage done.

Patty
Good to see you back.

Susie, Shad, Happy and Terra Hello

----------
Nothing new.
I've been thinking of excuses but I'm praying that she'll decide
to stay at the store this week. If not I'm laying down some ground rules.
And I'm keeping my bed. Sis told me last night not to let her have it.
Getting accustomed to the trainee. He's been the easiest to train, mainly because he's had prior experience. And he doesn't seem as arrogant as he was. But he does keep bragging on himself. Guess some people want that extra pat on the back.

Last edited by ceejay52; 02-12-2014 at 05:50 PM.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:53 PM   #75  

Afternoon all,
Been sort of flat out busy here, and the system is not performing - or at least the program I have been using is not performing - it's called u-Perform or UPK. Personally I think it should be known as u-don't-perform but there you go. I was so cross when I got home last night that I just put myself in front of the tv for an hour with a drink and then went to bed. Better than taking it out on anyone.

I went to the show and tell photo night on Tuesday and it was nice. We had a chicken casserole for dinner with roasted vegetables and then we had the photos. Some of them were somewhat personal but I guess if they are happy to have it all hang out, then who am I.
With the package that they chose, they were able to have a long canvas, with three photos (2 smaller and 1 large) on it, and a 4 picture square canvas. Then they were able to have 1 more of the 4 photo frame free and some credits towards a number of 5x7 photos. I could see the in-laws lining up for the free large square canvas, and knew my sister couldn't afford one so I asked if, seeing that there were two sets of grandparents, whether there could be two free square canvas' - one each. After some humming and haaing, the photographer agreed that if the family agreed, he would swap the 5x7 credits for another frame. They did agree. Fortunately, otherwise I would have sprung for another frame myself. It just doesn't seem fair to give only one extra one away

Happy - sorry if I started the S.A.D saga. Yep, it was me. Hope you get to see at least something of the race. But then again, maybe the cold will get you and you will give up on the quest to see people behaving stupidly.
Nope, I haven't had time to get anything done yet. Might have to do some shopping tonight - after a couple of drinks at the Backbenchers bar (it's close to my supermarket).

Annie - how awful for your son and d.i.l. I'm so sorry for them. Hope they manage to get some of the stuff back. Fancy pinching a safe. How daring of them. Did the neighbours notice anything at all, or is it a place where you don't speak to or get to know your neighbours?
I asked the question about C's business colleagues because they might just have to get together, get a story straight and go to the bosses above their management to get some action. It's not funny when it is your livelihood.
I had a ganglion once. You were supposed to belt it with the family bible, however ours went missing a while back. Anyway the ganglion disappeared of it's own accord.

Laura - good to have you back. Hope you enjoyed the cruise and am looking forward to seeing the pictures. The shot of you on the beach looked good. Whose finger got in the way?
I'm looking forward to the stories of NO and dancing in the streets or whatever. Lucky that the guy managed to get all the cases and you all in the car as well. 0.6 gain is great going.

Michelle - you'll be glad that the video is done and dusted. Sounds like a nice thing to do. What was the software that you used. I'm sort of thinking it might be a fun thing to do with some of my travel photos - and I kind of like the idea of putting them to music - all those flowers surrounded by 'The waltz of the flowers' melody. Or some of the outback ones to the tune of 'the ride of the valkyries' or the family photos - with 'You must have been a beautiful baby'

Ceejay - you'll be glad to have the house back. There is a saying about Visitors being like fish - they go off after three days.

Terra - walking is great exercise. I wander around the hills here from time to time. I try to do it daily, but unfortunately life has been getting in the way lately.

Patty - welcome back. Congratulations on the new bloke. I've seen the pictures on facebook. You look very happy together. That's a good weight loss.

Susie - I will be back to MFP I promise, just not right now, but during the weekend sometime. I have too much on at the moment to get to the computer at home these days except to download my mail from time to time - mainly to see if there are any bills.

And that's about it from me. Apologies if I have missed anyone. I'm at work and I need a coffee and I need some time away from my desk. So a stroll around the floor might be in order.
Closed Thread