Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 08:03 AM   #31  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Back to work today. Lucky me. All the roads were clear. ESPECIALLY my driveway. OMG I actually was out there shoveling, non-stop for 2.5 hours when you include the back porch and yard for her hine-asssss. Needless to say my arms, shoulders and neck are killing me. The silly road crews put not one but two mounds at the foot of my drive, I had to shovel that all out too. C was in no condition to help as he is still fighingt the cold/cough, plus he needed a day of rest to get healthy. He is a bit better but far from back to normal.

CHELLE....I left the apple peel on the apple. Less work that way, skin side up. Hope your head is feeling much better by now. You are welcome for the cookbook. After I mailed yours I realized there are two copies in that spiral bound, so I guess in case you don't get it the first time...lol.

HAPPY...you are very welcome for the cookbook also. Scary about Meadow, any time there is blood it gets a little nerve racking. Glad she is doing better now. Marty Feldman is just creepy looking, maybe he would look better with fur! I just cannot get into those reality shows. I did order season 4 of Downton Abbey and watched the entire thing already. It is ok.

SHADDIE....how's the implant, all good? Welcome back home. I don't know how you know if you are coming or going...

CEEG...I bet retirement is looking better and better to you now with the stress of the ice storm and the new co-worker. You need a vacation.

SUSIE...you all got the tail end of our mess. We ended up with 8" at my house plus blowing and drifting. I shoveled 2 thigh high mounds and that about did me in. Glad DH is doing well. Huncker down on your OP eating.

Hope LAURA is having a blast, has to be better than all this snow and shoveling. Can't wait to hear of her adventures.

That is about it for me. Make it a great day!

Hugs
Old 02-06-2014, 10:25 AM   #32  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Just a quick hi this morning I have to go get ready for yoga class, pack a lunch to take with me and head to my shift at the thrift shop. It's cold but sunny. Pain woke me up early - been doing that a lot, getting tired of it. But I did get the coffee made, a load in the wash and picked up a few things.

I think everyone needs a massage. Take care folks.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #33  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,

A very wet, rainy morning here in Northern CA, and we couldn't be happier. At least those of us who didn't get stuck in traffic jams, and there are some bad ones out there. One of our major freeways connecting people from one side of the bay to the other had a bad wreck...a big rig somehow lost control and ended up straddling the center divider blocking 3 lanes of traffic in each direction! I got up a bit early to allow for more time to deal with drivers who have forgotten how to deal with slick roads, and there were absolutely no problems on my commute! *knock wood*

It's supposed to rain on and off until Monday with the heaviest rain coming last night/this morning and again on Saturday.

=================================

Ceejay - It's good that you were paying attention even if Mr. Arrogant was not. So sorry to hear about your co-worker's brother.

Susie - I didn't even see the new home page. I usually just go straight to the forum pages (or to our page). I only had the migraine on Tuesday. I've felt fatigued all week, but even that seems to be getting better despite having a bit of insomnia last night. At first B, my friend with cancer, had a rough time dealing with having to take disability retirement. But now that he's had time to process this latest development, he's ok with it. He crunched the numbers and will be ok financially. I told him that now he can work on getting the mystery novel he's just about finished writing published, and that he can begin to work on the sequel.

Shad - I hope your dentist appointment goes well and that you enjoy the rest of your day back home.

Happy - I'm so sorry to hear about Meadow. I've had to give both cats and dogs subcutaneous fluids which do make them develop a bulge under the skin...but it eventually dissipates. So if Meadow has too much bacteria in her digestive system, do you have to give her meds...or will this one treatment do the trick. Sending happy birthday wishes to your DH. I hope you have a good day at yoga and the thrift store. That sucks that pain woke you up early.

Annie - So sorry you had so much shoveling to do. 2.5 hours...that's crazy! I don't miss that one bit. I hope you're not in pain today. You're a good "mom" to Sassy to shovel the back porch and yard...hopefully that will be good enough for her to do her bizness outside.

Since Happy brought up TBL, I agree that the winner got too thin. She looked SO much better during the last week or two on the show when she won the mini-triathlon (which won her a spot in the finale). She had tremendous muscle tone and a great figure. For the finale, it really looked like she lost muscle. When she first came out, the camera panned over to Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels and the horror showed in their expressions. You could even read Jillian's lips as she said "Oh my God!" I really hope she puts a bit of weight (and especially muscle) back on. The previous seasons' winners all look great! Overall though, I was impressed and inspired by most of the contestants. Some of the contestants who were eliminated early came back and still lost 40-50% of their body weight through their dedication at home. Tumi, the winner of the "at home" prize of $100,000 looks amazing. Yes, there are lots of faults with that show. However, I do get inspired by those who lost a reasonable and safe amount weight and look healthy. Of course, watching it resulted in an internal rant by my inner critic. Why can't I do that? Why can't I stick to ANYTHING? Why do I ALWAYS sabotage my efforts. And that rant kept me up until nearly midnight last night. Ugh. One thing I am great at is beating myself up.

Anyway, time to get some work done.

Much love,
Old 02-06-2014, 08:38 PM   #34  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Sorry about not posting, but I have a list 2 miles long to get through. I'll be back but maybe not until Sunday (my time) when I fly back to NZ.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:45 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Been relaxing at home. Went to the doctor again this morning and he lanced the boil. It feels better.
Still a lot of ice on the tree's but streets are clear. It's cold I'm ready for Spring.
More later.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:21 AM   #36  
Annie - Indiana

YUM YUM, tried an ugli fruit for the first time this morning OMGoodness it was great! And only 90 calories.

CEEG...how many days off do you get to relax?

SHADDIE...no worries on posting, we all know it is all about having time to do so when we can. Time, when we have time. Have you heard from Jen??

CHELLE...Glad you all are getting the much needed rain. Very glad you made it to work safely.

Didn't do much of anything last night. Oh got my hair cut that is about it. C made himself a couple of sandwiches. Easy Peasy night.

Tonight I am babysitting lil man so Chris and Sam can go out to dinner for Valentine's day. They are celebrating this weekend because they do not have Ainsley this weekend. Easier on Nanna. Plus they don't do sitters when they have Ains since their time with her is limited. This weekend, if we get the 3" snow, I guess more shoveling. Not as bad as last weekend tho.

Hello to all the rest of ya's.

Hugs
Old 02-07-2014, 09:57 AM   #37  

We had snow flurries yesterday. Don't mind that. I got out to run some errands and came back home. My friend who is staying with me this week should have gone home yesterday but she wants sunshine to drive in. Then she told me that she had ordered herself a couch and love seat for her apt in Walnut Ridge. Sometime later today I'm going to go get my paycheck.
My friend has always claimed that she's a great cook. She' no better than I am. And she's beginning to get on my nerves, by trying to wait on me hand and foot. She's going to make me mad one day if she's not careful.
And she's trying to take over. I'm not letting that happen. This is my domain.
My blood pressure was a bit high yesterday at 150/108. I told him it was due to all the stress at work. Just another good reason for me to leave this job. But I will not till 2015.

Annie
I can imagine how sore you are with all that shoveling. But it's great exercise. This is my four day week end. AND I'm not going to Paragould. I'm staying put.

Happy
How many time a week do you go to Yoga? I have not done any exercise this week but I am today. I need it.

Shad
I understand completely about not having time to post.

Michelle
CA can get dry so I'm sure the rain is much needed. How are you coming along on your writing classes.

Hi Susie, Are you snowed in?
Old 02-07-2014, 11:12 AM   #38  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Friday ladies,

Wooo Hooo! The forecast for this weekend is RAIN! Off and on (and mostly on from what they're predicting) RAIN through Monday morning! It will mean no trips to the dog park, and Santa may not enjoy his walks in the rain...but we need this rain so much. I just hope it's not raining too hard late tonight when I'm on the way home from the poker game.

And the Sierra mountains are going to get a couple feet of snow. Not as much as they usually have this time of year, but since CA relies on the Sierra snow pack to fill the reservoirs in the spring...a couple feet is better than the sparse man-made snow the ski resorts are using now.

=======================

Shad - I hope you can get your list mostly complete while you're home.

Ceejay - Glad you went to the doc for the boil, and that you're feeling better. Good for you for relaxing at home for your 4 day weekend. I understand how hard it is to have guests stay longer than expected, and how they can get on your nerves. Maybe she's trying to wait on you because she wants to do something nice for you to thank you for letting her stay there. Just a thought. Hopefully the weather will clear up so she can head home. My writing workshops are going well. I haven't decided if I'm going to take the "getting published" weekend workshop next month in San Francisco. It's a bit pricey. I'm trying to find something closer to home and cheaper. I'm also going to look on "ed2go.com" where Happy has taken some classes and see what they have to offer.

Annie - I've never heard of ugli fruit. Does it taste like an orange, grapefruit or something entirely different? So nice that you're babysitting lil man tonight. So nice that Chris and Sam are having a date night. It'll definitely be less crowded at restaurants tonight compared to Valentine's Day.

to Susie and Happy!

Much love to all,
Old 02-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #39  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Yoga class was a killer yesterday - many of the ladies were saying that they would be really sore today. It became obvious that you have to be both strong and flexible to do yoga. It was difficult but I just kept pressing forward and telling myself that each time I will get a bit stronger. They are going to continue the class again which I'm happy about. I then got dressed and walked over to the thrift shop. The building is old, the bathroom is kind of gross actually and I don't want to drink the water out of the bathroom sink so I lug water bottles with me. I have a bag with my tea, mug, water bottles, shoes and lunch so it was a bit on the heavier side. Most people have cleaned the sidewalks but in 3 spots they did not clean to the street so there was literally a pile of hard crusted, uneven snow that was about 3 feet high where the snow plow came through. It was really difficult traversing, especially with my munchkin legs. I thought it was pretty awful considering that's the section of town services - police dept, senior resources, and county government offices so there's lots of older folks milling about. I guess they figure that everyone drives although you do see a lot of people walking in town. Plus it was very cold and had a good wind kicking up. It wasn't the most pleasant of walks but I made it. We had a steady stream of people coming through, didn't make a lot but enough to pay the rent and put a few bucks towards the animals.

I mentioned it before but I am about to shut down my Facebook account. I realized that there is just a lot of drama associated with it. Let's just say a few people ruin it for everyone else and I don't need that any more in my life. I am pulling some pictures and things off - I will miss the occasional random thing worth saving that I see but it's just another step in learning to live by myself as social media fails me. I will of course have you ladies here and you have my email address if anything happens that you don't want to post here. I do need to clean up my 3FC message box - I only have room for 2 open messages.

I have also come to accept after yesterday that I have allowed myself to become old, fat and weak. The old part has to do with a milestone birthday in April I am not exactly looking forward to and it's not that I allowed myself to get there, it's just creeping up on me. While I can't do anything about that, I can about the fat and weak part. I need to incorporate strength training because it's almost comical trying to get up from off the floor It's ok, I was sad last night, today I woke up with a renewed focus so all is well.
Meadow is doing better today too and we are relieved about that.

Michelle - yay for much needed rain in your area. Is everyone "Singing in the Rain" Bet you are really glad you have a short commute now, I can imagine the slick roads would cause some traffic jams and possible rain related water rushes on drier grounds. I would definitely check out ed2go classes. You can take a bunch compared to what it will cost you for a seminar and except for this art class I am currently taking, I have been really happy with the classes. I even got DH to take a photography class and he's planning on taking 2 more. Plus you can save the class contents to refer to later which fits better into working your writing into a busy schedule. I really should work on my writing too.

Ceejay - your experience with your friend illustrates why it's so hard to live with someone - even if it's someone you like and particularly difficult if you've been on your own for a while. Some people are the "waiting on you" kind of people which can get on one's nerves. My Mom and DH's dad's wife #3 would always be pushing food on you the minute you walked in the door. Want something to drink/want some cake/want some water/I have some grapes here - want some/want some/want some.... Ack! A simple "no thanks, I'm good" at the onset should set the tone. Maybe you need to rethink moving in with your sister when you retire. Heck when I retired I found it hard being with DH 7 x 24 and I've been living with him for 40 years To your question I am only doing yoga once a week right now. There is a lady who teaches yoga classes in the area but she is very, very popular and it's difficult to get into her classes - when she offers a new session, there might only be one opening in the class. I did get into her March class but only because we have a lot of locals up this way who leave for the warmer southern climates January - April. So I'm looking forward to that. I need to step up my game, I have a couple of yoga dvds I need to start doing at least twice a week.

Shad - enjoy your time at home, can imagine you are all busy as get go. We will catch up later...

Annie - they have a big bin of ugli fruit at the store. I didn't get it because I didn't know anything about it and based on my experience with mangoes, I don't try something new until I learn more about it. I see it is a cross between a grapefruit/tangerine/orange. Sounds yummy. Do you pick the green ones or do they ripen and change color? Maybe not because as I think about it, citrus skin does not change color except for lemons and limes when they become overripe.

Hi Susie - hope you are not snowed in. You must be quite busy at work.

I think I'll go find me some lunch and get busy with some cleaning. Have a good day everyone.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:22 PM   #40  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY...I found the ugli fruit to be more on the orange side, sweet, and very very juicy. I didn't even taste grapefruit in it. It is not something I will stock up on tho, just the ONE I bought was 2.49, kind of a splurge reward for me. This one was orange and green equally. Hence ugli fruit...lol. Ugly orange/brownish, and green/dirtyish. I hate to see you go on FB, I know there is a lot of drama, but I try to see past it. I did delete of few of the drama queens and one gal that used to work here is athiest and made it known. What you believe is your own thing, I do not care, but do not try to get me to come over to that way of thinking or make me feel badly for not. Young gal, hippish, gypsish, has not worked since she got fired from here. Making and selling strange looking jewelry. Whatever floats your boat I guess. I am as picky about bathrooms as I am buffets and hotel beds...yik.

Got a text from Laura saying she thought it was MELLIE's bd, it is not until March 7. Just FYI.

Later gaters
Old 02-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #41  
Creating a Healthier Me

Quick check in before going home time...

I'm looking forward to the weekend...I hope my friend gets me the photos he's scanning for the video montage. I really need to get it finished this weekend, and right now, I just have the audio.

Happy - I'd hate to see you leave FB. I love your posts and your photos. You can restrict certain people from posting. I've done that with a couple so-called friends who stir up drama. That's awful that people didn't clear the sidewalks. Where I lived in WI, you would actually get FINED if your sidewalks weren't clear within a few hours of a snowstorm. I'm so glad to hear that Meadow is doing better. I'm right there with you at fat and weak....but these things we can change. Speaking of the ed2go classes, I just found a website called "coursera.com" that actually has FREE college classes in a variety of subjects. There's only a fee if you want a certificate for taking it! They are offered from a variety of institutions (Stanford, Oxford, Princeton). Good stuff. Not exactly the types of writing classes I'm looking for now, but interesting courses nonetheless.

Annie - I'll take a look for the ugli fruit. As I told Happy, there were people on FB who tried to cause a lot of drama on my page, but I just marked them as restricted...not exactly sure what that really means...but it's working out that I don't see their posts and I don't know if they see mine but they can't comment on mine.

Time to pack it up and head on home.

Happy weekend all!

Love and hugs,
Old 02-07-2014, 10:15 PM   #42  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. It sure was a long week here this week I am worn out! It is all due to the combination of DH procedure on Monday and then his sleep study consult on Thursday and then the snow / ice storm on Tuesday evening and Wed morning plus work.

I worked 13 hrs on Wednesday and then I work until 7 tonight.

I was going to do personals but I can't keep my eyes open and I am using the Kindle fire. It isn't easy to type on.

I will do them tomorrow.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:58 AM   #43  

Morning every one

My patience is running thin with my company, but I know she's stranded. And we got snow last night but only a couple of inches. She's taken over the kitchen and she's not the best cook as she has always bragged she is. I'm letting her do everything, using reverse phycology (sp) to see if when the next clear spell we have she'll go home. And no I'm not sweeping the snow off her vehicle. I'm not her mate. She's a bit lazy.
Think I woke her up yesterday morning but I needed to get some things washed. She sleeps a lot.

Happy
I've blocked people on FB as well. One my friend who is always' posting religious stuff. and another who is always posting pictures of animals. It was taking a long time to down load all this stuff. If you are getting advertisements tell it it's spam.

Michelle
Thanks for the information on the educational classes. I'm going to look into that.

Susie
I've been wanting a sleep study done. I'm ready to go back to work.

Annie
That's a lot of shoveling for one person to do. Think I would invest in a snow blower.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:49 AM   #44  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning. Hair appt for me this morning. I love getting my hair done. When I get back I have the house to clean. DH is under the weather. He had chills yesterday but went to work. He is still running a low temp and sleeping a lot. He most likely picked something up at the hospital. Tylenol keeps the temp down.

I need to get MPG caught up and get my act together.

Annie, I didn't realize that you had a house guest?

Happy, I am so glad to hear your kitty is going to be ok. I am a cat lover. We lost our beloved 18 year old mainecoon kitty last fall due to a cancerous ear tumor. His name was Hudda Budda and we miss him everyday. I never thought I would spend the money I did on a pet, so I hear you on that vet bill. I just finished
paying of Hudda's vet bills from when the tumor was found last April. But I loved him and did what I could for him.

Ceejay, glad to hear the boil is going away. Those things hurt!

Michelle, enjoy the rain. Buy a fun umbrella!

Shad, hope you are getting things caught up.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:53 PM   #45  
Choose your hard

Good morning all,

Looks like I will be picking up an extra shift at the thrift shop on Friday afternoons. At least until my buddy S returns from her snowbirding in Arizona in April. They are having a terrible time getting volunteers to work - especially the afternoons when everyone seems to be intimidated closing out the register and making the bank deposit. One lady who I think volunteered there before came back and freaked out yesterday and walked out. I feel badly - the animals still need money for care and the shelter people come in and clean and exercise the animals no matter what the weather so I felt I could step up a little more myself. The coordinator is getting tired of dealing with all the bruhahaha and he volunteers for about 5 other community things too so I figured I'd cut him some slack and help out. Yesterday we stopped at the shelter to drop off 30 cans of cat food we won't be needing since Meadow doesn't like wet food and Nina can't eat it. We also had 4 trash bags of aluminum cans. DH was going to cash them in and realized they are worth about 7 bucks a bag so we donated them to the shelter instead. While there the ladies were asking about the cats and one of the managers said funny we should stop by as our names came up - they are considering getting some shelter and animal management software to help run the business and were thinking of us. Also spring is coming which means there will be a dearth of new little kittens and they are needing someone to put together a foster contact program and just maybe I might be good for that There is no lack of things to keep busy with up here, I tell you. Only a lack of a paycheck

Susie - I get my hair done on Thursday - can't wait so I know how you feel. What "procedure" did DH have? Just tests? Sorry to hear he picked something up. Our hospital here has rubber gloves, face masks, tissues and sanitizer as you walk in the door - as well as a big sign - they do everything but tackle you to the floor and disinfect you I hope he feels better. That H1N1 flu is nasty I hear. Oh those Maine Coon cats are soooo pretty. Sorry you lost your little guy. It is a bummer sometimes that the vet bills can be so high. I think our most crazy bill was $150 for a hysterectomy for our lop eared bunny. The homeless one that just showed up on our porch one day looking for the suckers.. um I mean a safe house Sounds like you are really putting in some incredibly long days at the office. Make sure you get enough rest so that you don't get run down yourself.

Ceejay - I am starting to unfollow some of the people who frustrate me on FB - I may not be able to disable my account because of some other stuff I'd need a link to but thanks for the input. Sorry your houseguest is getting on your nerves - just remember this - you are happy living alone I really would not like someone to come in and take over either. Hopefully she will be gone soon. So you got some snow after all? Wow - it's almost time for spring by you.

Michelle - I love Susie's advice to buy a fun umbrella. I can see you with a clear one with happy faces on it Thank you for the FB advice also and the link to the free university classes. The one thing I like about the ed2go writing classes are that they are developed by someone who makes her living writing so there is a lot of practical advice about publishing and stuff like that. And the prices are reasonable which always helps. I hope you get your friend's montage wrapped up. I'm sure it's a lot of work but what fun experience you'll get and I'm sure it will be just fabulous.

Annie - thanks for the run down on the ugli fruit. I guess we have all had our experiences with FB no so friends, eh? Are you going to get hammered with more snow again? They are really getting belted in Chicago. I am glad it's staying south of us. DH said he needs to go work on the driveway - each time we plow it gets narrower. I had to laugh when you talked about a former coworker who was a hippy atheist jewelry maker - I wonder if she was related to my coworker - the only thing was this person THOUGHT she was young but acted in a way that she totally aged herself by trying to be the 20 something she thought she was in her head.

Shad - hope you are having fun on your last days at home.

Laura - I hope you still have a weekend left to enjoy yourself. Seems like you picked a great (weather) week to be away. I'm glad you sent some sun my way - if I can't have warm temps, I'll gratefully take the sunshine. DH was asking what I wanted to do today - I said I was getting a bit bored - this shortest month can be the longest in some ways but at least we have sunshine. If it was grey and cloudy we'd all be going bonkers.

Have a good weekend chicks.
Closed Thread