Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 10:27 AM   #151  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone. We have a beautiful spring-like day here today. I'm about to go out and finish shoveling leaves and get what I can cleaned up before the cold weather and the dusting of snow comes tomorrow.

We also get our taxes done this afternoon and I really, really hope for a refund. I won't get to my housework until tomorrow.

DH got a great report at the urologist. He didn't have any microscopic blood in his urine this time. The doctor said we won't do anything about the stones unless he has issues again and he told him his prostrate was a bit enlarged but his PSA is good and he doesn't want to give him any medicine for now to shrink it. He told DH to loose some weight and that will help with the frequent urination and also that getting the c-pack machine and using it (DH goes for that study this coming Saturday) will help him to lose weight and get energy to feel like trying to lose weight.

When we get him going on the c-pack machine and he is finally not getting up continually in the night then we are going to do the ablation. We are going to give it a month on the c-pack and then call to schedule the ablation as it will be at least 6 weeks before they can do it.

Ladies: I'm going to get back on to MFP today...so please look for me there and if I am not there, make me feel guilty. I need the push please!

Happy--10 inches of snow! OMG!!! Be careful shoveling that snow and don't flare up your knee.

Laura: Where is your conference going to be? I plan to start the push-up challenge tomorrow.

Ceejay: How is your foot feeling? I loved hearing about how you were handling your friend. Very, very well done. And you bought your twin bed! Are you going to get new bedding for it? I love getting new comforter sets. It makes the room feel "new".

Terra: I find your commitment to your walks very, very motivating. Are you seeing progress on the scale?

Annie: I am so sorry to hear about what happened to you all at work and it is very stressful to be going through reapplying for your jobs. Good for you getting your resume done and feeling good about it. I'll be praying about this for you.

Shad: I finally got to check out that link that you sent and I am so jealous that you have all the beauty right our your front door! I hope you were able to go back to sleep this morning.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:58 AM   #152  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Laura~ Yeah thats true, Yes We're enjoying the new freezer

Michelle ~ Yeah Im feeling good about the walking I've been doing

Susie ~ Nope I havent weighed myself in awhile. I hope when I do though I'll see a loss, I hope it will be a big loss but I will take anything but a gain of course lol.

Im gonna try to walk at least 2 times today, 1 time for sure, At least one time is better then not walking at all, At least thats what I think.

Last edited by Terra1984; 02-22-2014 at 11:00 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:39 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Terra
Are you taking three 15 minute walks per day? That is a very good idea.

Susie
So happy to hear that dh's test have been good thus far. I'd like to have a sleep study done. I use reverse psychology at work on the bosses too. Works every time.

--------
I'm at my uncles. Had a good visit with all three uncles and some more cousins today at lunch. Then my aunt and I went shopping at 3 different stores. I did see a quilt that would work on the twin bed but didn't buy it today. Going to look around for some animal prints. I may go with the accent pieces and have a plain bedspread/comforter. I have a lot of African animals in that room.
I also weighed myself on Friday to see a loss of 1.2 pounds.
I've also completed 10 counter height push ups and 10 squats. I've done a lot of walking but not at one time.

Last edited by ceejay52; 02-22-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:01 AM   #154  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Another weekend bites the dust. It's been a very relaxing one too - apart from the sleep thing.
Yesterday I wandered the wharf area until I found the supposedly best little breadshop in Wellington. I don't know if it is or not, but the bread was pretty good.
Today I went up the hill and down to the bot gardens, walked around the rose garden and then went up and down Tinakori Road in Thorndon. Then back through the cricket fields, down the hill to Tokyo Lane and wandered home - took about an hour and a half. Would have taken less but Tinakori Road has some interesting antique shops.
Thorndon is an area where the original settlers built their houses and huts around 1850 or so. There are a number of old places still there but most of the originals have gone. Thorndon also used to be the shorefront of Wellington until an earthquake pushed up a lot more land back in the late 1800/ early 1900 years.
I'm attaching some photos of the things I saw.
I also went into the rose garden - took some pictures of purple thingies and because Annie is around some pink thingies as well.
Okay, will have to do another post with some more photos on it. I've got to the maximum. The purple rose is Honky Tonk. The pink one is Strawberry Ice. Have no idea what the plant is with the small pink and purple flowers on it.

Watched the rugby last night. Good to have it back again. Beats watching cricket (similar to watching paint dry IMHO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010948 (800x600) (2).jpg (53.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg P1010950 (800x600).jpg (43.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg P1010952 (600x800).jpg (37.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg P1010953 (800x600).jpg (22.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg P1010954 (800x600).jpg (38.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-23-2014, 01:24 AM   #155  

Okay, that is some of the flowers done. Will try for the houses next.

Hope everyone is going alright in the snow and ice.

Laura - good photos of your cruise. Almost makes me want to do a cruise. I started the push up challenge today. Hope I can carry it through to the end. I did the three in the full position but couldn't quite get down to the ground so I also did three in the knee position. We'll see if I improve.

Ceejay - sounds like you are having some family time at the uncles. Funny you should say that my post reminded you of Mel. That's who I was thinking about when I typed it.

Susie - you and DH will be able to challenge each other. Keep it up.

Terra - keep up that walking. Looking forward to hearing that you have lost weight in the next weigh in

Annie - how many weeks to go before he arrives now? He might arrive on Mar 6th which is DS1's birthday. Never be able to forget it then would I?

Michelle - still keeping busy at work I see. Still it is good for the pocket and the soul to finish off something.

Happy - hows the great race going. Did you get in for spaghetti and meatballs or whatever it was that you were volunteering for. I don't think I would have been sleeping on the shop floor either.

Okay, lets attach a few more. That's another five. I might leave the last couple until tomorrow. Oh yes that funny looking black flower is a black bat lily. The next photo is St Marys Road. Goes up the hill and finally ends up in steps so you can climb the hill. The third one is a brick fence and gate. Note the steps going up to the house behind the gate. Number 4 is probably one of the few surviving original workers cottages. It is in some need of repair. You may notice that the doorstep is practically rotted away. The last one is a picture of a few old places - most of which have been extensively renovated and consequently are fairly expensive, in the Thorndon area.

Have fun. Back tomorrow some time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010959 (800x600).jpg (36.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg P1010962 (800x600).jpg (39.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg P1010965 (600x800).jpg (44.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P1010970 (800x600).jpg (34.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg P1010975 (800x600).jpg (58.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 02-23-2014, 01:45 AM   #156  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy all,

Sorry I've been MIA. Started to get a scratchy throat on Tuesday which proceeded to a full blown sore throat which lasted until Friday. I was about to check in with the doctor but a snow storm sidetracked me. Mid Friday sore throat cleared up, now stomach was hurting badly - in the upper part where the top of the stomach is (approximately). It burned like I had eaten some firey, spicy food. Persisted into today and I figured out that I did it to myself taking too many pain relievers when my knee flared up. I only took them once a day but waited until the pain was almost unbearable and then I'd pop 4 at once. Silly me because sometimes the pain reliever did nothing. Now I am sucking down tea with honey and ginger to calm the gut. Thursday night we got a whopper of a snowstorm - 14 to 16 inches of dense snow. Not exactly heavy and wet - just heavy and dense and not at all like the powdery snow flakes we sometimes get. The trees are heavy and bent and Friday DH and I spent over 2 hours shoveling knee deep snow. He plowed and snowblew - I toted and shoveled until I couldn't any more. This did wonders for the big ski race. Those people had to deal with a bunch of logistical problems - caved in warming and food tents, having to regroom all the trails, reschedule races and deal with skiers and volunteers who were snowed in and could not be where they needed to when they needed to. But still they pulled it off. Friday it didn't start snowing until the late afternoon so they were able to run the tiny tots race - 8 years and younger. They are so darn cute - many of them dress in costumes. They had to reschedule the juniors race yesterday ages 8 to 18. After that they had the Barkie Birkie where you can "skijor" - skiing with your dog leading in front of you. About 49 people did that. Then Saturday was the big race. It was cold, the wind was bitter, and the new snow really slowed people down and made it very difficult. The announcer said those who finished really deserved their win. Many people towards the back of the pack could not finish I heard. The final leg is over a frozen lake and they said the wind was brutal. A local woman won the women's run and a German man won the race. They had 2 styles of racing and Shad - a Kiwi took second place in the classic race and an Ozzie won the Lumberjack Championship last summer so you are well represented on this side of the pond I did not go into town, and instead rested my leg outside of shoveling and that's just what I needed. I feel much better today - thank goodness because I cannot take any pain relievers at the moment. We are running out of room to pile the snow. I will take some pictures tomorrow. I'd say the snow is piled 8 feet in some areas. You have to be careful at intersections - the snow is piled so high from the street plows that it is difficult to see around them as you pull into traffic. Good thing we don't have much traffic but with 30,000 extra people in town this weekend, there are a lot of people who just go zipping by.

Shad - your picture are gorgeous and now you have me longing for a summer's walk in the botanic gardens again. It sounds like you not only had a good walk but got in a lot of exercise today. Good on yah! I laughed at your post of "get me out of here" the other day. Long week, eh? I know nothing about cricket - must be like watching golf

Ceejay - I like the idea of a plain spread and some accent pieces - this way things don't look dated and it's much easier (and cheaper) to switch things up. I have some flannel zebra print sheets and I'm already tired of them but I just cover them with a plain comforter and no one's the wiser.

Terra - now with the new freezer you have room to cook up some extra meals for later in the week. Saves money and keeps from the temptation of grabbing something otherwise not so healthy to save time.

Susie - good news on DH's health front. I'm not so sure DH said he felt so much more energetic but he definitely said he got a good night's sleep with the cpap. And bonus for me - he doesn't snore with it. Well he didn't at first. He somehow worked around it but there's not the snorting that he has without it. I hope DH is feeling a bit more encouraged. And my dear - you can go back and back enter your food in MFP - I do it and so can you. You missed a couple of days - if I don't see an entry for tomorrow you are getting detention young lady Ok, ok I'll do mine too.

Michelle - I'm glad the migration went well - always a million details to check!

Annie - glad to hear that your brother's numbers are improving. Will continue the healing prayers for him. Also glad to hear that Royce is not going to be the little peanut that Lil Man was - 6 pounds is small but a good start! Have you picked out a nickname yet or will you wait until you see him?

Laura - I'm glad you found your photo cd! That would be horrible to lose your vacation pictures - you'd just have to go again And you are right - gutter covers are the best!!!! We had them in TN where we were surrounded by trees - we still got pine needles and those gawd awful sweet gum pods stuck in them but they were a godsend compared to what it would have been if the gutters were open. Totally worth the price!

Sorry to be quick - I realized I didn't post and I want to get a short soak in the tub before bed so I'm posting quick. Be back tomorrow.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:30 AM   #157  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi girls. Posting from phone which I hate. Will go deeper and do personals on Monday while applying for jobs at Humana. My mind is messed up at this time. Surely it will get better. Hugs
Old 02-23-2014, 11:47 AM   #158  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ceejay ~ I dont always get 3 walks in per day but when I walk I always walk for 45 mins.

Shad ~ Yeah I hope I've lost more weight when I weigh myself again

happy2bme ~ Yeah thats a good idea, Thanks for the idea.

I woke up at 10 am this morning to start my day. Right now Im drinking a nasty Coca-Cola to wake up, I really wish I had my regular Cherry Coke Zero but oh well, I'll have more at 2 pm when my mom gets home, She's going to Dillions on her way home from work today but anyway since its Sunday Im not gonna walk today but I'll start walking again tomorrow. I did walk last night though so that was good. I just plan to relax today though. My plans for this week is Tuesday I have an appointment to go too and when we're gonna go to Walmart and we're also gonna go to the tag office and Wal-Greens as well, Not in any order though. At 2 or 3 pm We're gonna go to a sit down restaurant just like every week and then we'll come home for the day. Wed. My boyfriend's parents are coming to our city for an appointment and then my boyfriend and I are gonna go out to dinner with them. Thursday Im gonna go to my peer support meeting and thats all my plans for this week. I hope everyone has an awesome day.

Last edited by Terra1984; 02-23-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:16 PM   #159  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

Hi Terra - enjoy your relaxing day today!

Annie - sorry you are stressing over this job thing - I hate that's the corporate world today. Just try and remember that sometimes the best things come after the darkest times (if only we could see that at the moment) and perhaps you will find another more challenging position with people who like you and respect your strong work ethic. Concentrate on the good stuff like visiting with your brother and the new baby's arrival. Work is just a place to collect enough money to pay the bills - often we focus all our energies there and forget to give to the things that really count

I am debating about staying inside and decluttering some hot spots or going outside to help DH with the snow. Boy I wish there was a way I could vaporize the stuff. Can't melt it because we have no place to put it unless we cut down trees and build a retention pond! We didn't have many deer last night - just our usual 3. They can't get through the snow - have to walk down the roads and driveways which I'm sure is unnatural to them. And with most of their natural food sources buried - they are really having a hard time. So we do what we can. We have a fox that comes around - not sure if he's scaring off the deer. He is SO skinny - his tail is wider around than his torso. He eats the deer corn and the occasional chicken bones or carcass we toss out.

And that's it for me on this sunny Sunday. Enjoy your day ladies.
Old 02-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #160  

Quick hello, on my plane to Atlanta awaiting takeoff in a few min. Have my Sunday Trib in my seat pocket. Will try to catch up with you later. TTFN!!
Old 02-23-2014, 05:38 PM   #161  
Choose your hard

safe travels Laura and have a good trip!
Old 02-23-2014, 06:06 PM   #162  

Here is a couple of pics for you all taken by my co-worker. He lives in Nelson which is at the top of the South Island and he was flying back to Wellington in a small plane - so the first picture is a view of Nelson from the air at sunrise.
The next two are taken on the Interisland ferry which goes between Wellington and Picton. My co-worker went on it on Friday night to go home.
Number 2 on the list is what my co-worker describes as the 'Where the Promised Land comes into view' and the last one is taken at sunset on Queen Charlotte Sound. One of the best short journeys by boat - according to me anyway.

Enjoy the day. I'm back at work and slaving away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01151 (Medium).jpg (20.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01113 (Medium).jpg (32.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01117 (Medium).jpg (23.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 02-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #163  
Choose your hard

you're doing this on purpose to make me miserable Shad, aren't you? Soooooo pretty. Gee I love the water. I will have to post you some snow pictures.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:45 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Well just lost a post.

Happy
Thanks for your input. That's actually what I was thinking about doing. I have most of every thing on hand.
Since you've been sick think you should stay inside.

Laura
Safe travels to Atlanta. Did I miss the occasion?

Terra
Wow, I'm impressed that you walk that much. Keep up the good work.

Shad
I'm jealous of the beauty. Making me long for some warm weather.

Annie
Hang in there. I'm with Happy. I think you'll be surprised at the outcome.

Susie and Michelle
Hello

-------------
I'm back at home. I should have been doing some house work but I didn't want to. I'm always tired after that trip.
It's back to work tomorrow.
Old 02-23-2014, 09:29 PM   #165  

Height: 5'7"

Can't believe it is Sunday night already. I just spent sometime adding some new music to my ipod so I have a few new songs when I'm on the elliptical, treadmill or bike.

I'm happy to say I posted on MFP yesterday (didn't want to get in trouble with Happy! ) and I will post today's there as well.

We got a nice return when we filed our taxes--I am now thinking about how I really want to redo the spare bedroom and get a treadmill and bike in there; but in a day bed and get the tv on the wall and of course new paint.

We will spend some of the return and save some.

Happy: Did you end up helping DH or stay in and take care of the hot spots?
I hope you are feeling better. My ear has bothered me for almost a week now. It might be time to see my ENT and see if I have an infection.

Shad: What amazing pictures you are taking! I love seeing them. Thanks for sharing.

Laura: Safe travels and tell us all about your conference and trip.

Annie: Hang in there lady! I know it is a very tough time when employment is up in the air. Believe in yourself..you are a professional and they know it!

Terra: It sounds like you have a nice busy week planned and how smart of you for planning the walks too!

Ceejay--That is a GREAT loss! Congratulations! I didn't start the push up challenge yet...but I AM going to do it tomorrow.

Michelle--Hi!

Ok..Going to relax and get to bed by 10:30. I have one more load of laundry to get out of the dryer.

See you all tomorrow.
Closed Thread