Old 08-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #91  

Morning all from the train. Still not in great shape with my project, but I have the morning to finish up. Worked past the usual time yesterday & missed jazzercise class. Tonight is movie night & I'm going. We're seeing "We're the Millers".

No personals again, but I wanted to wish all of you a good day, and some relief for those of you suffering with your various physical aches & pains. It'll ease up in time & you'll feel better. Til then, take the pills, use the hot/cold packs, stretch, & try to get comfy.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #92  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Count me in on the fly-bys.

I did get to see a few meteors last night but they were short, quick and sort of faint. I sat outside for about an hour with a nice hot cup of tea. We broke through the 30's last night (39). I working the shop this afternoon so I'm trying to cram in a bunch of little house errands this morning - after this I HAVE to give the garden some water and then go water myself in the shower Back is feeling better today but the knee is pinching something awful. Like Annie, I AM SO TIRED OF THIS ALREADY.

Don't know about these cats - sure more than we bargained for and far more than we seemed to deal with all our other cats. Little one still has the poopies - I have a mess to clean up every day - sometimes twice. We picked up special wet and dry food for her - $32 for a BAG of dry food and almost $2 a can for the wet. It must taste pretty blah because for the first time EVER she did not finish her food. That's probably a good thing. Vet bills for her trying to diagnose the problem are over $700 already and we still don't know what's wrong. We cannot afford this for much longer. The older cat doesn't eat as much as she started out eating - which isn't so bad in that she's a bit overweight from shelter living but she pooped outside the litter box today. We HOPE this was an accident and not a reaction to the other one's troubles. We honestly did not have this much of a problem when we first got them. I know DH is concerned but getting frustrated too. I hope and pray that things straighten out soon...

Sorry for lack of personals right now but I still have a few things to do and watering takes some time. Have a good one all.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Nothing going on, just work. I did get a lot done this past week end. My home office is looking a lot better. Still need to get out in the shed. I'm going to stay home again this coming week end also. It's rained so much this past week that it's going to be a necessity to mow.
My friend never showed up with the melon. She said one of the melons went bad and I'm hoping that she gave the other one away. I don't need half a melon. I buy the quarter or sliced melons.
I got so sleepy this afternoon. And almost dozed off. Good thing I didn't cause my boss popped in.

Laura
Did you get the report done? Enjoy the movie tonight.

Happy
That's sad about the cats. I bet you will nurse them back to health. It never fails that we have cloud cover whenever there is a meteor shower. I was startled the other morning in the chemical room. Saw something out of the corner of my eye and when I turned around a small Siamese kitten ran out of the building.

Annie
Can't keep a good woman down, but you should rest the foot/toe.
Maybe this baby will be a girl.

Shad
I may have some things in the shed that have dried up as well. I don't blame you for getting overly anxious in getting that new car. I'd forgotten about it.

Hello's to the rest
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #94  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Everyone!

Quiet evening at home. Grilled mushroom/onion burgers on the grill and had canteloupe, tomatos and rice. Easy dinner, then we started season 7 of Smallville.

CEEG....probably better off cleaning out and ridding of unnecessary junk much prior to retirement and moving. Makes it easier when the time comes. Good for you!!

LAURA...how was We're the Millers, that is one I want to get to the movies to see, hope it is worthy. Let us know.

HAPPY...sorry the kitties are on the sh*t attack. My goodness seems like someone's cat here went through that for about 3 or 4 weeks then amazingly it cleared up. Must be something in the air. Cold air, 50s last night, 70s today.

Hello's to all....MELLIE is probably typing over my head.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #95  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKLETTES
I HAD A GREAT DAY YESTERDAY AND A LOVELY SLEEP. AN ALARM FREE NIGHT FOR A CHANGE.

I ONLY DID THE ELECTION PART THAT WAS GETTING SENIORS DOWN TO VOTE.
I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING FOR THE ELECTION BOARD.
SO THE DAY WAS EASY & FAST.
THE KIDS ORDERED TAKE OUT & I ATE THAT WITH THEM ON A BREAK.
THE RAIN STOPPED FINALLY AND MORE VOTERS CAME.
RAN INTO LOTS OF PEOPLE.
ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GOOD DAY SPENT OUTSIDE THE APARTMENT.

NOTHING NEW TODAY. NOTHING PLANNED. JUST RESTING UP.
RICHIE IS GOING TO BACK THE DENTIST.
HE THINKS HE CRACKED A MOLAR GRINDING HIS TEETH IN HIS SLEEP. YIKES!!

WEATHER IS LOVELY & I AM HEADING OUTSIDE TO ENJOY IT.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.

I WILL READ IN A LITTLE WHILE AND POST PERSONALS.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #96  

Morning all. Happy Hump Day! Feeling very fall-like last night and this morning. Nice change, but I definitely want more summer-like weather - it's August after all!

Annie - Mmmm, the burgers sound delish! We had some canteloupe over the weekend, and it was delish. In fact all the fruit I bought at Aldi has been delish. The only issue I have with their produce is when I have to buy an entire package of something. LOL re the silk flowers - no watering needed! I probably have cobwebs on our light fixture by the front doorway - have to clean that up. Easy to forget - and we even go in and out that door all the time. Once you get in the door, doggy is greeting you and there's groceries and stuff to put away and we forget that we need to hose or blow that stuff away. Sorry to hear about your fused ankle - there must be some sort of physical therapy that can be done to help it. How are the toes doing - what color are they now?

Ceejay - Good for you getting the home office cleaned up! I feel so disappointed in myself that I haven't tackled my three lousy bins leftover from our cleanup. And I also have a couple baskets of newspapers that I've saved. I feel like a hoarder when I look at those...but in my defense, I'm sort of glad I kept them because our newspapers have really deteriorated over the past several years and they aren't nearly as good as they once were. So I saved certain sections they no longer publish, hoping I can read them sometime. Yeh, watermelons are definitely a lot of fruit unless you get the baby ones they sell. Bf is very inconsistent with eating fruit, so sometimes it goes in a flash and other times it's just me and doggy working through it. Glad you're staying home again this weekend - it's good to take a breather from the driving, isn't it?? Enough with the rain, huh??

Happy - Sorry you're still trying to get Nina healthy and not seeing enough progress so far. Are the food changes gradual - they always advise doing such changes gradually (as you probably already know). Hope the other kitty doesn't pick up the bad kitty litter habit. Sorry your knee is still bothering you. Is it related to standing around the shop, or climbing stairs at home?? Too bad some of your veggie crops didn't turn out as planned. I have to say the same for my own garden. The Fresno chili plant only gave us 3 peppers. There are now some tiny buds on there after a real "dead" period, but it's certainly too late in the season to get more. And my bean plants have lots of lovely foliage and nice blossoms, but no beans! Only the cherry tomato plant is doing well, as usual and I'm enjoying those in salads and eating out of hand. The bigger tomato plant has had a lot of large tomatoes on it for some time, and they are finally starting to ripen - I'm getting impatient and also worrying some critter will come along and help themselves!

Shad - Re spicy flavorings, bf and I have developed quite the taste and tolerance for spicy foods over the years. I agree with you though - it's not as appealing if the heat overwhelms the food itself. Our friend P reportedly puts serrano chilis on everything and that's just overkill if you ask me! Congrats on getting the attic cleaned out. What a job - dirty job to boot! Looking forward to seeing the Sophia wall. So...no dandy new car yet, but a new ring - nice treat, and you deserve it after all the hard work you've been doing around the house.

Mel - Love the photos you've posted! So what's this election you had - was it yesterday or Tuesday? You seem to have a lot of elections in your town!! Anything exciting?? Sorry August has had a lot of rain and alarms. But a Scooby Doo marathon sounds like a lot of fun. I used to love Scooby! And for cartoon dogs, I loved Marmaduke. I still have a Marmaduke paperback on my bookshelf that a HS friend gave to me.

Michelle - Hope your back is feeling better now. Have you gone back to the chiro or are you trying to do some exercises to stretch/relax the muscles so the chiro visits can be more effective? Feel better soon!! Soooo...when do you start your new job?

===
I submitted my project late in the afternoon yesterday and the boss is looking it over right now. Unfortunately, she is seeing different formatting in the Excel file than I do, such as a column of the spreadsheet being too narrow and seeing #####'s instead of numbers. Aaaaargh! She is not computer savvy and isn't all that patient either, so something simple to fix for most folks is a problem for her.

I enjoyed the movie "We're the Millers" last night. Just so you know, this isn't a g-rated movie, so there's some drugs, violence & sex in there along with a bit of raunchy stuff (but not too much to totally turn me off). It's funny! Glad I saw it. I don't know if I ever saw Jason Sudeikis in anything before, but he's quite a funny guy, and the kid who plays his neighbor/"son" was hilarious - has such a funny face! His name is Will Poulter, and I could have sworn I'd seen him in something else, but nothing on IMDB rings a bell.

I didn't stay for the WW meeting yesterday because I was still busy, but I did pop in for my weigh-in and was down 1.6 pounds! Thank goodness - my eating over the weekend was basically a bunch of junk. And I was severely short of sleep hours on Sat night/Sun AM so all I wanted to do was eat. But somehow my home scale went down 3 pounds by Tuesday morning, so yay for that. Last couple days have been good - been too busy at work to do boredom eating! Bf bought "munchies" for our small gathering on Saturday - two big bags of the little single serving chips/salty snacks. He has them sitting on a counter and I see them and I've been resisting them for two days, which is a miracle because those are a real weakness for me. I'm going to tell him he needs to get them out of sight before I get home tonight - I can only hold out so long!!

Dunno what's going on, but my eyes have been watering like crazy this morning and my contacts don't feel very good. Something's in the air! Might end up taking out the lenses...

I've decided to call it quits in my attempt to carry around less in a smaller purse. It just isn't working for me. So that means...PURSE SHOPPING!! And I've decided I just love all sorts of pockets, so I might just go back to the nearby luggage outlet. They sell all sorts of travel gear, including lightweight nylon purses with all kinds of pockets and whatnot. I'd like to buy a nice leather bag, but once I add all my junk to it, they just get too heavy!

Okay. Enough Everyone have a great day.

Oh, I see Mellie posted. Glad the election stuff went well and no alarms and no rain! Ouch re Richie's tooth! I think it's crazy that even dental insurance doesn't cover night guards, but they are the answer for grinding, at least for me. Has R. tried the over the counter guards?

Okay, NOW I'm posting and back to what I've let slide the past couple days.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #97  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

Cool but sunny day out there. I think I will spend some time in the garage going through boxes now that DH moved the UTV out of there. I realize that before I know it, the weather will shift and it will be too cold to work in the garages so best get cracking on going through those boxes. I told my partner at the thrift shop that I am only going to do one day a week next month. She is covering a morning shift for her friend in Sept and Oct on another day so that will split us up. Probably a good thing, she made some comments to me that I didn't particularly care for so once again I am reminded that it probably IS best if every one do their own thing by themselves . We have a young buck deer that comes by - I suspect he might have been a baby here the last year or two. DH is able to get within 10 feet of him which thrills DH to no end. God bless the man - he was able to get a good sample of the little cat's doo doo (which I could NEVER do first thing in the morning ) and he ran that off to the vet. Hopefully they will FINALLY be able to figure out what is wrong with the poor thing. Although it doesn't get her down in spirit. She is a little less hyperactive now that she is eating the expensive vet food. I have to figure out something to fix this hip as I am very very tired of this already. I must have twisted in my sleep because it was hurting me a lot today - guess I will slap on a hot patch or some linament but I would very much like to start exercising or at least walking in this beautiful weather. I am rather stiff legged right now.

Mel - glad you had a peaceful night's rest that you needed. Glad you were able to do your civic duty, help the election and not over extend yourself. Reward yourself with a good Meliday. Sorry to hear about Ritchie's tooth - no doubt an unwelcome expense. That was one of the reasons they recommended a night guard for me - which I could never get used to wearing BTW - but it was to prevent the pressure points and breaking of teeth from grinding them. I hope it's not too pricey of a fix for him.

Annie - sounds like a nice, light summer dinner. We had a beef and red bell pepper stir fry recipe from my latest issue of Kraft Foods Cooking magazine - I LOVE that magazine. It was simple and delicious. We added the last of my garden sugar snap peas. So yummy! I got some cantaloupe at the store last week and it was finally a good one. The earlier ones this season looked nice but didn't have much taste - probably picked them from Costa Rica way too early. Did you get all your packets put together? Funny you mention about Hickory Farms - boy that brings back an old memory - I loved their samples too!

Laura - how was the movie? Did it live up to the buzz? How's the project coming along?

Shad - I too forgot you had ordered a new car. Did you get it settled or are you shopping again?

Ceejay - you have inspired me to clean my desk at home too. Thanks for the nudge

Michelle - how's the back doing? Any help from the chiropractor?

That's about it for me. Happy Hump day everyone.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #98  
Happy September

might as well do personals now.
the landscapers are mowing the lawn and weed whacking!!! sneeze sneeze!

ON A SIDE NOTE- OUR STATE SENATOR FRANK LAUTENBURG DIED RECENTLY AND WE HAD TO HAVE A PRIMARY TO SEE WHO'S RUNNING IN NOVEMBER. I Had forgotten all about this "special election" THAT OUR GOVERNOR DECIDED COULT NOT WAIT. GEEZ!!!
MY KEPBOARD IS GOING NUTS WITH CAPS & LOWER CASE

SHAD.....FUNNY YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN TOTING UP DONATIONS!
SEE....GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE.
YOU HAVE BEEN SO BUSY IT EXHAUSTS ME!!
WHEN I HEAR MORE BEDBUGS WERE IN THE BUILDING, I WANT TO GET RID OF EVEN MORE STUFF.
I AM THINKING YOUR INSECTS MIGHT BE BETTER AND MOVE OVER BY YOU!! ROFL
WE HAVE SO MUCH TO CATCH UP ON.
TRYING TO FIND UNINTERRUPTED TIME IS MY PROB LATELY. USUALLY WHEN YOU ARE ALSEEP!! ROFLMAO

ANNIE....YOU CAN BRING HOME THE BACON AND EVEN FRY IT UP IN THE PAN...LA LA LA
HOPE THE TOE FEELS BETTER EVERY DAY.
SEND YOUR :LOOSE ISSUES: OVER HERE.
TIRED OF UASING MILK OF MAG
I AM PLEASED TO HEAR SISSY IS DOING SO WELL.
GIVE HER A HUG FROM ALL OF US CHICKS

LAURA...HOPE THE BUSY DAY DIDN'T WEAR YOU OUT
HP[E THE PROJECT GOES BETTER TODAY. SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY FOR PRODUCTIVITY!!
PART 2: HOPE THE BOOS LADY SEES THE GOOD WORK YOU DID!!
TELL HER TO GET TECHNO SAVVY

HAPPY......WAIT.....
<----this is the most wonderful time of the year!!
PEOPLE ARE SUCH SLOBS WHEN THEY BROWSE A STORE.
WE'RE HAVING ALL YOUR RAIN HERE. I'LL SEND SOME BACK!!!
YES THESE LITTLE BED BUGS JUST WANDER AROUND INSIDE THE WALLS TILL THEY FIND THEIR NEXT VICTIM.
PRAYING IT WON'T BE EITHER JEN OR I!!\
U CAN IMAGINE THE GARDEN AND THOSE NIGHT TIME TEMPS.
SAD THAT FALL CAME BEFORE SUMMER ENDED.
WE'LL HAVE A GOOD INDIAN SUMMER THOUGH.
WEATHERMAN PREDICTED IT LAST NIGH.
SAID WE SHOULD GET READY FOR HOT WEATHER. LOL

CEEJAY.......WAVING RIGHT BACK TO YOU
HOPE YOU STAY AWAKE TODAY.
CAN'T HAVE THE BOSS FINDING YOU WITH A BIG OL SMILE ON YOUR FACE & EYES C;LOSED!!!
I LIKE THE CUT UP MELONS TOO. SO MUCH EASIER TO HANDLE.

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-14-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #99  
Happy September

GAPPY....SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE HIP.
TIME FOR A SHOT???? SENDING HUGS YOUR WAY
MINE HAS BEEN ACTING UP AND WAS CONSIDERING GETTING "SHOT" AGAIN

HAD A LAUGH AT DH...JEN AND I WOULD BE THRILLED TO GET CLOSE TO A DEER.
SCARED BUT THRILLED. ROFL
HOPE THE VET CAN FIND OUT WHAT IS BOTHERING MISS JUNIOR PUSS.
SENDING THE WEE ONE A HUG ALSO
Old 08-14-2013, 01:13 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
You sound like you are in a good mood today. No alarms does make a big difference.

Happy
Fingers crossed that this "test" will find out what is wrong with the little one. I had to break down and take a Mobic last night for the knees. Don't know why I didn't do it earlier. It sure made a difference.
We have cooler weather today. Feels like and smells like fall. I'm loving it.
High 50's for over night lows tonight.
I'm still envious of you wild life.

Laura
Congrats on the 1.6 pound loss this week. I still have some work to do in my home office but it's in a lot better shape. Going to do some more work this week end.

Annie
I do have retirement on my mind and that's the main reason I'm purging. Still have a long way to go. My goal is to get to the bare bones. And only have what I need-----not what I want.

Michelle:
Have you started the other job?

As mentioned before it's a gorgeous day. Had a spectacular sunrise this morning also. Nothing new.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #101  
Annie - Indiana

MELLIE...I am surprised you don't have to cut the grass and weed whack too! lol What a wonderful day and excellent nights sleep. Wonder if you were just sleeping so well you didn't hear the alarms. haha

HAPPY...I do not recall handing over the owie hurty crown to you for your hip to hurt. So get over it now! Used to love getting close to the animals/deer when we used to live out in the stix. Many of the deer would come right up to our back step and we would stand just inside the back door about 5 ft away and watch them.

Laura....the toe and toe nail are a deep purple almost black looking. Where the blood blister that I popped was is clearing up and is only light purple. I will def have to see We're the Millers. Congrats on the WL...YGG. Just have to run all the good WL weeks together.

Later chickies
Old 08-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #102  
Annie - Indiana

CEEG...Enjoy this gorgeous day, we too, are having a beautiful day. No humidity and about 70 degrees....I may have to fake sick and go home early. lol
Old 08-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #103  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Sorry, not much time to post lately. Been flat out shifting things, shovelling things, growing things, watering things, sweeping things, throwing out things and keeping cat occupied. She's become very clingy. She knows I am going away again and seems to think she will be left high and dry. I need to take her back to the vet tomorrow for a check up and then she goes to DS2's place for a week. She seems to be healing quite well, and is certainly back to normal as far as food goes.

I'm doing a dump run this morning to get rid of the last of the roof space junk. DS1 has said I can chuck his old university notes - since he hasn't used them in 15 years, that is not surprising. There are no text books that I can see that might have a resale value. Then I need to get on with a bit of digging and possibly some more drain stuff.
And then there is the matter of my taxes having to be sent in. And where pray Mr Accountant are the family trust papers I asked you to set up back in July. Hello - is any one listening out there. You can now tell I am ready to go back to work since I am becoming a grumpy old woman.

The car man has come back saying that we are on track for end of August, but if that doesn't happen then they will give me a loan car until mine is ready. I ask you, what needs to be ready? Isn't it built like a new car already? Not happy. The things I wanted to do to get used to my new car I can't do in a loan car - it may not even be the same model for Pete's sake. So the war of words continues. They have 2 weeks to the end of August.

No personals sorry. Just don't have the time. I'll try and get in tonight before I fall asleep in the chair.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:46 AM   #104  
Choose your hard

Shad - I have ordered one and only one car in my life - my 1976 Firebird. It was nothing flashy or special yet it took forever to show up on the lot. I too wondered what took so long. Good luck with the shifting, tucking, hiding, raking, mowing, washing. Like going on vacation - have a lot of effort to sink into things before you go away.

Annie - Sassy passed me the owie hurty crown when you were distracted Sisters gotta share you know

Good night all - I am trying to figure out how to calm down 2 crazy cats with the midnight heebie jeebies who are literally chasing each other all over the house and making a huge racket. Going to be a short night if I don't get to sleep soon...
Old 08-15-2013, 07:03 AM   #105  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING LADIES OF THE WORLD.

JUST GOT DONE WITH ANOTHER 2 ALARMS.
GOING TO QUICK EAT SOMETHING AND LIE DOWN.
FEELING A LITTLE NAUSEOUS.
BEEN AWAKE TOO LONG WITHOUT ANY FOOD.
MAYBE CATCH YOU GALS LATER.