3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldly Chicks Juggling Through July (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/284195-worldly-chicks-juggling-through-july.html)

Shad 07-29-2013 05:36 AM

Evening all,
Well most of what was on my to-do list today got done. I was quite pleased with myself. I've dug in the front yard, weeded and mulched in the back yard, clean the loo, laundry and bathroom. I think that tomorrow I will ache in places I didn't know I had placed to ache in. It didn't rain although it was threatening that for most of the day. Then I cooked up some turkey legs for lunch sandwiches during the week. I also made a margarita pizza for dinner from scratch. I also exercised.

Mel - I know what you mean about being FROM A SUBURBAN BYGONE ERA. My neighbours apart from the two across the road scarcely speak. I don't even know the names of the people 2 doors down anymore.
At least you are listening to your body and going for naps every so often. Hope you feel better soon.

Ceejay - glad you had a good day with the uncles. Seems that at least one of them is hale and hearty into old age. Long may it last. Hope I work as well if I get to 85.

Annie - Happy birthday to Mum. Celebrate in style.

And that's about it for today. Nearly time for bed.

MELODY525 07-29-2013 07:22 AM

http://thebrokenglass.zippykidcdn.co...py-300x210.jpg

MORNING CHICKIES

MY INDIAN FRIEND HAS DECIDED TO ARRIVE EARLY & LEAVE RIGHT AFTER LUNCH.
HE WAS OFFERED A RIDE.
GOING TO GET DRESSED AND MEET HIM IN A LITTLE WHILE.
I AM SO NOT INTO THIS ANYMORE.
HE IS SO BOSSY & DEMANDING THE OLDER HE GETS.
EVERY SUMMER I PRAY HE DOESN'T COME BACK ON THAT LONG FLIGHT:lol3:

NOTHING ELSE EXCITING HAPPENING TODAY.
THE SIL WAS OUT AND THE NEPHEW EMAILED TO SAY WE CAN CHAT DURING THE WEEK.
THAT WAS OK BY ME.
I BETTER GET A MOVE ON.
TIME SEEMS TO FLY BY WHEN SITTING IN FRONT OF A COMPUTER. :rofl:

SHAD....SEEMS WE POSTED TOGETHER YESTERDAY. LOL
WE HAD MORE SHOWERS HERE TOO.
SENDING A HUG TO YOUR NIECE :hug:
I THOUGHT THE DS2 WAS ALREADY BACK IN BRISBANE.
I AM LOSING TRACK OF HIM :rofl:
IS YOUR WINTER WEATHER AS WEIRD AS OUR SUMMER??
SOME STATES HAVE DROPPED DOWN TO ALMOST 40 AT NIGHT.
UNHEARD OF SINCE ANOTHER STRANGE SUMMER IN 1972.
YOU CERTAINLY GOT A LOT OF STUFF DONE! WOW!
I NEED ANOTHER NAP JUST READING ABOUT IT ALL.
HOPE THE BODY ISN'T TOO ACHY TODAY!

ANNIE....SENDING ALL 3 OF YOU MUCH LOVE AND :hug:

CEEHAY....:hb: ANOTHER BIRTHDAY TO CELEBRATE!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEXT WEEKEND TO THE UNCLE.
YOUR BD WILL BE COMING UP NEXT MONTH TOO.
GLAD YOU FOUND A MOWER YOU LIKE.
SO YOU HAD A CHAT WITH THE SIBLING.
HOPE IT WAS A GOOD ONE.

annie175 07-29-2013 10:11 AM

Good Monday Morning/Evening Chicklets...is it Friday yet? My babes will be home on Friday from Florida.

MELLIE...wish I could do as you lil cartoon says...nothing, but I feel guilty when I don't do anything. Hope you can enjoy your day.

CEEG...happy riding. I had an electric mower my brother gave me, but I gave it to Goodwill, I didn't like the cord thing going on all over the yard. I prefer the gas type mowers.

WOW SHADDIE...you had a very productive day. Good on ya for that. I love margherita pizzas, actully there is a frozen out there by California Kitchen that is not too bad. Homemade anything is always better.

Hello to the rest of you wonderful ladies.

Hugs.

Laura705 07-29-2013 11:15 AM

Morning all. Lovely day out there. :)

Annie - Hope you enjoyed the early start to your weekend and the rest of it. Got some error when I went to watch the video...might try it here at work. :sssh:

Michelle - Congrats to you and Santa for graduating from the training. :congrat: Love the photos on FB! How was the workshop? Dinner and cards sounds fun. Bf, his brother, and his nephew-in-law have been trying to set up another game night for ages. Guess they're not trying that hard... I'd like to set one up with my friends - games & potluck. It would be a change from always going out to eat.

Shad - Your post made me tired just reading it. Or should I say more tired. Between weed-pulling and squats yesterday, I'm still whooped today. You are just a regular Suzy Homemaker at the moment. :D All the food sounds yummy - Portuguese chicken, chicken soup, home roasted turkey for sandwiches, pizza... Ah ha re the red. You're right - very strong colors get old for me, hence the bathroom re-do.

Mel - LOL re your graphic today. :lol: Wishing you patience today with your Indian pal. :D

Ceejay - Gosh, must have been a scare when the uncle and the backhoe went over ! Glad he wasn't hurt!!! The 80th bday celebration should be fun. :)

Happy - Glad to hear the medical maladies are under control, and I hope DH's monitor results come back good. Too bad about the bitter lettuces and cukes. But the sugar snap peas sound wonderful - fresh is best for all produce, but especially for those it seems to me. Good thing to do homegrown. Have to consider that for next year. Or can they be grown in cooler weather?? Oy re the scheduling boo-boo. Too bad about yet more drama. Fading out/phasing out of this gig sounds like a good option. Too bad, this org could be doing so much more if they were open to it. :(

==

Friday I left work a bit early to get an early train out to my friend's place. Geez, the train was packed! No wonder my regular train feels so empty on Fridays, LOL. I kept walking through the train with everyone else seeking a spot and finally found one. Kid had his backpack on the seat next to him, but moved it right away when I said "excuse me". A bit annoyed he didn't move it when he realized the train was filling up. Whatever. Not gonna rant on that - I'm sure I've done it before here!!!! :yes: It rained for part of the evening, but by the time we finished dinner, it had cleared. Unfortunately the band performances were shortened, but still, it was a nice get-together.

Went to bed a bit late and woke up too early - not my own bed/pillow/etc. :yawn: Chatted with my friend and her sis for a couple hours over coffee (them) and tea (me). We went to lunch and frozen yogurt afterwards, and then caught my train home.

Back home I didn't do much of anything that I recall except walk doggy. We went to dinner somewhere (can't for the life of me remember where - oh wait, we ate Filipino food at our long-time Chinese restaurant. They added a Filipino menu a couple years ago and we'd never tried it there. Generally positive on it.). Afterwards, we stopped by our village's downtown block party for a short time and that was about it.

Sunday I lazed around with the paper for a bit, then got down to business with the weeds in the long backyard border. They'd once again gotten out of control. Sigh. My hands are sore from pulling! Also started cutting back the peony foliage.

And naturally I had another idea about what to do with another flower bed. The bad part about the garden ideas is they always involve manual labor, LOL. But...that kind of work feels more productive than pulling weeds. The flower bed changes I have in mind are one-time things. Weed-pulling, like housework, never ends. :halfempty:

The rest of the day was a load of laundry, late lunch, Lowe's to check out stuff for our powder room re-do, the market, and a dog walk. Actually put together my lunch for today last night. Watched the Pilot for Cedar Cove. Have another episode to watch and I'll be caught up on that.

Tonight will be Jazzercise, but I'm feeling pretty tired right now...we'll see. Thank goodness it's a rest day for the squats. I'm keeping up, but it's getting tough.

This morning they posted my boss's job on our company intranet. WTH???!!! Admin says the Sr Mgr posting is gone, so apparently there's been a change of strategy. But not a word from the boss. Thanks. The current Sr. Mgr is out on vacay this week or I'd ask him what's up. Not going to ask the boss. She's not herself these days and I don't want to deal with her if I don't have to. :mad:

Okay, gonna post this before I begin to rant. And I have a meeting in 15 min. to prep for. I'm off!

annie175 07-29-2013 12:45 PM

LAURA...shuuweee you had a busy weekend, you need a weekend just to catch up on the weekend. Your company sounds like my company...it is just surprise, you have a new boss, the old one is gone. No explanations. Have a good one kiddo!

ceejay52 07-29-2013 05:43 PM

Flying by today. Playing catch up from the week end.

MELODY525 07-30-2013 06:58 AM

http://orkutmela.com/images/scraps/1...morning-56.jpg

GOOD MORNING LADIES OF THE WORLD.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.

LUNCH WITH THE FRIEND WENT WELL.
I THINK HE KINOWS HE'S BEEN A TAD PUSHY.
HE IS NOT WELL AT ALL AND I VERY WORRIED.
HE HAS NO MEDICAL INS HERE IN THE STATES.
WE WILL MEET NEXT WEEK WITH FRIENDS AGAIN.

NOTHING ELSE NEW HERE. JEN AND I SPENT THE AFTERNOON TOGETHER. THEN I HAD A VERY EARLY NIGHT. WITH ONLY ONE ALARM ARONHD MIDNIGHT. TIME FOR BREAKFAST. I FEEL HUNGRY.
HAVE A SUPER DAY:encore:

ANNIE .....GLAD THE BABES WILL ALL BE BACK IN THE NEST.
THEN MOMMA HEN CAN HAVE LESS WORRIES:hug:

LAURA....GLAD TO HEAR THE GETTOGETHER WENT WELL EVEN WITH RAIN.
WTH IS RIGHT?!?!? THISNGS CHANGE SO FAST AT JOBS THESE DAYS.
FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT IN CASE IT'S A BUMPY RIDE!!
MAYBE THE BOSS WHO IS NOT HERSELF LATELY IS ON THE BLOCK!!:yikes:
SENDING THOUGHTS YOUR WAY FOR A PEACEFUL PLACE TO WORK:hug:

CEEJAY....WAVING TO YOU AS YOU FLY BY :wave:
HOPE YOUR DAY BACK WAS A GOOD ONE.

MICHELLE....SOMEHOW I MISSED THAT YOU AND SANTA GRADUATED!!
PROUD OF YOU BOTH. GOOD WORK!!:cheer3:

Shad 07-30-2013 07:02 AM

Quick post for me. I'm pooped. Think I did more today than I did yesterday. But at least I am getting there. I can see progress. What the **** am I going to do with myself when it is all up and running.

Annie - yep homemade is always better. I've filled the freezer with soups and pizza bases and all sorts of strange stuff. It's never been so full.

Laura - it always amazes me that I go out to the garden and then have some brilliant ideas on how to renovate the entire block. :lol: Better not start that one again.
Love the communication in your office. Sounds pretty normal to me.

Mel - DS2 is in Brisbane, it was the nephew that was moving. The DB2 (father of the nephew) was driving the truck with all the gear.
That Indian bloke still causing you trouble.

Okay, time to get on with life - or sleep rather since I need my rest. Tomorrow is some more work on the front garden, some weeding round the back and maybe some unwanted, but unable to throw out junk up to the attic. Went to buy a new ladder today - DS2 has taken mine and I don't see it coming home any time soon and I need to access the manhole in the ceiling. Can't see me jumping 9 foot with a big box to get it into the roof. Anyway, as I said I went to buy the new ladder. Went to Bunnings the big hardware store (joy heaven) and found the ladders. When I thought I had found what I wanted, I couldn't get it down off the shelf. After searching for a storeperson for ages, I finally gave up. I will go to another store on another day. What's with these companies? Don't they want my money? The checkout chick asked if what was in my trolley was everything for today? Silly question. No, I said. I wanted to buy a ladder. They are all stored in such a way I can't get the one I think I want down to have a look at it. I searched high and low for a warehouse person and there are none to be found. So I have decided to go somewhere else for it.
She said she would call for someone to help me, but I said it was too late. Thanks for the memories and got out of there. No ladder, but hey, I have to go out for cat food tomorrow, so I will check out some other places. No biggie.

Shad 07-30-2013 07:05 AM

There's Mel, typing over me again.

annie175 07-30-2013 08:29 AM

Happy Tuesday

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?????

Made tacos last night for dinner. They were quite tasty as we had not had them in a while. That was the extent of the evening, watched a couple episodes of Smallville and folded clothes. Pretty boring.

I came across a new oats product that I like very much, called Oat Revolution. It comes in Maple & Brown sugar and Strawberries n cream are the only two I can find at the moment. It has a bit of flax seed in it. Instant old fashioned style oatmeal.

Looks like we are to have these mild temps through all next week with only a bit of rain here and there. I am loving it, but also don't like being inside at work. Thank goodness I have errands to run every day and can get out in it.

SHADDIE...what are you going to do with yourself when it is all up and running is a very funny. You know once it is all done you have to start over from the beginning for upkeep. No worries I am sure you will find something to do, you are a busy body in a good way!

MELLIE...sorry to hear your friend is not feeling well, hope it is manageable without medical treatment and maybe OTC drugs instead for his sake of no insurance. You and Jen sound like me and Sam, still hooked by the umbilical cord. lol. Glad your nite wasn't too awful with alarms.

HELLO to CEEG who is just puttering through the land of the worldlies....

CHELLE...must be busy with her projects and Santa. Hugs..

HAPPY.....come out, come out whereever you are...hope all is going ok with you. Hugs sister.

That about does it for me. Make it a great day/night.

Laura705 07-30-2013 10:25 AM

Morning all. Full day today so I'll try to get to personals later.

I overdid it on the fiber yesterday thanks to the addition of a FiberOne bar yesterday morning. Along with my shredded wheat cereal it was too much. So it wasn't a great day. Stayed home from Jazzercise last night. Sat on my rump all evening, had pizza for dinner.

Scale stayed the same from last week - hopefully no gain at WW today.

Okay, back to it.

diyana 07-30-2013 10:45 AM

So crazy busy at work (and at home). I did make time to play with Santa this weekend, amidst the cooking, cleaning, work and party. I've got to get some coding done, and it has to work, for a meeting right after lunch (and today is meetings all day), so I worked 11 hours yesterday and came in early today. None of my code is working, and I'm not sure why. :tantrum: Oh well, I will figure it out.

Gotta get back to it...have a great day all!

Much love,

happy2bme 07-30-2013 11:31 AM

Good hump day eve chicklets,

Sorry I did not get in here yesterday. I got up early, had to race to make dog biscuits so I could get to the thrift shop before the morning lady left. She was the one who was upset I had "taken" her spot next month on the schedule. She is one of the sweetest ladies ever, we made nice - all is well. I have learned from this - Do NOT do anything extra, do only what you have to minimally and if something is broken, not right, needs attention - leave it for someone else to worry about. :( Sad but true. I rushed in with still warm dog cookies and everyone in the shop was raving about how good they smelled - peanut butter, oatmeal and a touch of cinnamon. :D I chatted with the shop ladies a bit and then went and spent way too much money on groceries. I have not done a real shopping run since Mom was here - with her I shopped "European" and picked up what only what I needed for a meal at a time. Yesterday the produce was heavenly and tempting. I have all kinds of fresh fruits, veggies and meat so ready to eat clean and healthy again. I was really tired by the time I got home and so was DH so we had a quick dinner. Then I tinkered - laundry, cleaned up after cats, played with them, washed dishes, put away a thousand bags of groceries - or so it seemed. Fell into bed at midnight and passed out.

I did buy a desk chair at Overstock.com - DH wanted something without arms for his guitar playing and I need something higher than the desk chair I have now. What a piece of doo doo this way. The screws don't fit right and it's so poorly constructed. And this was one of their "better chairs". :rolleyes. I think I have purchased before from this place and have been less than satisfied. I have a cat "tree" platform thing coming today, will see how that goes - might be returning both of them and I hope I don't get stuck with a horrid shipping rate. Hey people, buy better quality stuff and I'd love to do business with you. We are stuck as we don't have many furniture options up this way.

Michelle - hope your code comes clean. I HATE when things don't work and you're under the gun. Hopefully you can find the nit and fix it quick.

Laura - if Fiber got to you then cheese (on the pizza) is the perfect counter balance. :lol: Sorry - don't mean to laugh and it gives me a good warning to be mindful of the new trailmix flavor Fiber One bars I picked up yesterday. Hope you are feeling more to sorts today and that you have a good WI. Surprise on the new boss - but a lot of times someone else makes a decision - not always a popular one and others have to go along with it and are not allowed to discuss what's going on. They think we don't notice garbage like that. :s:

Annie - I love the saying about the Hokey Pokey. It's kitchy but fun. :lol: We had tacos the other night too and I really enjoyed them. I did simple ground beef ones instead of our usual fajitas and it was a nice change of pace - at least I thought so. I thought taco salad for a minute but I love the taco shell "bowl" and nixed the idea - too many unneeded calories. Funny too that you mention the Oat Revolution oatmeal. I was looking at that also yesterday but opted to save it for the next trip. Good to know it's tasty and worth buying. I'll check and see if we have other flavors but I seem to remember 2 packages on the shelf - probably the same as your offerings.

Shad - wow you are cooking up a storm - but then again, you have not had occasion to be home for extended periods in such a long time that it just didn't make sense. How do your garden carrots come out? Is it cool enough for them to be sweet? As for the ladder, we are having the same issue with not enough staff here in the states too. Walmart is famous for not having enough floor people. I do feel sorry for the poor few that are trying to do everything AND deal with frustrated customers. We walked out of Best Buy (huge electronics store) for the same reason of you - could not get anyone to assist us. One chain that was going down the tubes - Home Depot - home improvement / hardware - has really done a turn around. I love that place - lots of helpful, friendly, knowledgeable staff which was NOT the case a couple of years back. I'd place a call to the store management and tell them they lost a sale. Companies have to hear this stuff.

Hi Ceejay :wave:

Mel - hope you are feeling better. Is this friend B - the person who would routinely come around? Perhaps he can pick up something at the local pharmacy over the counter. Bummer to be sick when you are not at home. Glad you got to spend some time with Jen.

It's about time for me to get something to eat and get ready for my afternoon stint at the shop. Kinda tired today - started out dreary but it seems like the sun wants to poke it's head through so maybe it will clear up and wake me up. If not, some sort of caffeine will have to find it's way into my lunch :lol:

Have a good day all. Can't believe we are ending another month already. Accepting suggestions for August's Thread Title...

ceejay52 07-30-2013 01:31 PM

Feel out of sorts today for some reason.
We got some much needed rain this morning. No thunder boomers this time either.

Happy
Your doggie biscuits sound good enough for humans. I agree with you 100%. I've learned to stay my distance at work and even with the neighbors.

Laura
I think we all eat to much fiber every once in awhile. I had a cheese and pineapple pizza last night.

Michelle
I hope you get the codes working.

Mel
Are you spending time with your friend today?

annie175 07-30-2013 03:11 PM

HAPPY....What is your recipe for doggie biscuits? I have a recipe also. When there is more than one personality at a work place, anything can happen. Relationships are odd and sometimes I feel I need to give more.

Pet Oatmeal Cookie Treats Treats for ahappy Meow & Bow wow
Yields 40 cookies
1 ½ C. rolled oats
¼ C. vegetable oil
½ C. all-purpose flour
½ C. either chicken broth, beef broth, or juice from canned tuna or salmon
Preheat oven to 350°
1. Mix all ingredients well until dough forms
2. dust hands with flour shape dough into cookies
3. Bake 30 min. on a greased cookie sheet until lightly browned
4. Once cooled break into bite sized pieces and store in an air tight container.

I think I have posted it before, heck I don't remember.

CEEG....hope you get your out of sorts, sorted out....feel better.

LAURA...Fiber one bars always do it for me. Stay near the loo.

CHELLE..hope your coding worked out for you. That stuff is mind boggling to me.

Sleep well and wake up happy and healthy all.