3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Worldly Chicks Juggling Through July (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/284195-worldly-chicks-juggling-through-july.html)

Laura705 07-13-2013 10:45 PM

Evening all.

Shad - So you survived the visit! Enjoy the quiet time. :)

Mel - Glad you're feeling better. Love both graphics. Not up for the holiday movies at the moment, but I can definitely see myself tuning in for the Good Witch marathon! :carrot: Yeh, we're gonna get the hot weather next week too. Time to appreciate the AC...

Happy - You're going to be all talked out by the time your mum goes home. Or is it your ears that will be tired out?? :D

Ceejay - Very interesting interpretation of Annie's dreams!!!! Hang in there with the OT.

Annie - Wow, three dreams about being preggers!!??? What do you think of Ceejay's take on the dreams??? :D Hope you had a productive day - that sure was an ambitious to-do list! I stopped at Aldi's today and bought cukes, baby carrots and bananas. Prolly shoulda bought the grape tomatoes too - I've got cherry tomatoes on the vine but they aren't ripe yet.

Michelle - Hope you're enjoying your date tonight. The pool party/bbq sounds fun! Enjoy. :)

===
Today was as planned. Jazzercise, stopped for groceries afterwards just for the cuke salad I was making for the cookout today, shower, made the salad, read a bit, hair appointment, cookout.

The cookout was nice except the house - which has a very nice patio - is on the airport's flight path and really close to the airport to boot. Constant planes overhead and very loud. And no shade on the patio, so it was quite sunny and hot out there. But, it was still a nice gathering.

Unfortunately I came home with the beginnings of one of my TOM headaches. I've taken the migraine med and hope it'll pass soon.

Nothing at all planned for tomorrow, yay! :D

Off to drink some ice water and watch some tv. TTFN.

Laura705 07-14-2013 02:23 AM

The house reeks of skunk right now. The skunks pass right by the air intake for our hvac system, so the smell gets sucked right in. To top it off, bf had the dog out in the yard. Doggy didn't get sprayed, but he must have stuck his snoot in their mist or the grass & picked up the stench. I'm so effing po'd. Just because the dog wants to go outside doesn't mean we have to let him out. Especially late at night when skunks pass through. We've used the skunk cleaning solution & will have to try to get doggy in for a bath tomorrow.

Gonna try to read & get sleepy, but I'm really in a crappy mood right now.

MELODY525 07-14-2013 07:55 AM

http://www.pics22.com/wp-content/upl...py-weekend.jpg

STILL THE WEEKEND. YIPPEE!!
I WOKE AND WAS CONFUSED FOR A MINUTE. THOUGHT IT WAS MONDAY.
THEN WAS OVERJOYED TO FIND IT WAS SUNDAY HERE.:dance:
QUIET NIGHT AFTER A DAY OF MAINT. CALLS.
ALL REPAIRS CAN WAIT TILL TOMORROW.
MADE A LIST FOR THEM AND WILL DROP IT OFF TONIITE.

I ALREADY POSTED THE HEATWAVE SIGNS. :flame:
WHILE I WAS AT IT I TOLD ANYONE I MET I WILL NOT BE DOWNSTAIRS.
I JUST HOPE NOTHING HAPPENS TO CHANGE THAT :lol3:
THURSDAY IS TRADER JOES AND THE MEETINGS.
THE BUS A/C IS NOT WORKING ALL THAT GREAT.
I WILL WAIT TILL THURSDAY TO DECIDE IF IT'S WORTH GOING. :crossed:
THAT'S ALL THE NEWS FOR YESTERDAY. QUIET. Shhhhhhh!

ANNIE.....WE HAD A FEW MINUTES OF SUN THIS MORNING.
NEXT TIME WE GET ANOTHER FEW I'LL SEND THEM TO YOU :sunny:
HOPE YOU GOT TO ALDI'S FOR THE VEGGIES.
YOU HAD A LONG TO DO LIST!
WAS THERE TIME FOR YOU TOO???
PREGGERS???? YIKES????
THAT WAS NOT A DREAM FILLED NIGHT IT WAS NIGHTMARES:rofl:

CEEJAY....SO HOW DID DAY 3 OVERTIME GO??
DID YOU HEAR "CHA CHING" ALL DAY IN THE SOC. SECURITY CASH REGISTER??:rofl:
HOPE THE DAY WAS A GOOD ONE.

HAPPY.....THINKING OF YOU.
ARE YOU COUNTING THE DAYS??? :rofl:

SHAD....I WAS JUST GOING TO TAKE UP A COLLECTION FOR THE RANSOM!!
GLAD TO HEAR THINGS WILL BE BACK TO "NORMAL".
BET MISS PUSS WILL BE HAPPY!!

LAURA.....NO SHADE?????:faint:
I WOULD HAVE HAD A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN WITH THE PLANES.
I HAVE A FEAR OF LOW FLYING ANYTHING!!!!
AND THAT INCLUDES CLOUDS!!!! :yikes:
GLAD YOU SURVIVED & HOPE YOU NIPPED THE HEADACHE IN THE BUD:hug:
PART 2: I AM VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE SKUNK SMELL.
WE HAVE ONE THAT PASSES MY WINDOW AT TIMES.
YUCK!!!!!! POOR DOGGIE AND POOR YOU!!!
MAYBE WE GIVE PEPE A BATH INSTEAD OF COAL!
http://www.wallstreetoasis.com/files...36.preview.jpg

ceejay52 07-14-2013 08:37 AM

Laura
I take something for a headache whether it be sinus or migraine at the beginning. Headache pain to me is very debilitating. I wished I like cukes but don't like the taste of them. Ugh on the skunk smell. I can smell it from here. :lol:

Michelle
Curious minds want to know how about your date with D.

Mel
Glad you had a good night's sleep. Did you check the leaks yourself or call one of the maintenance man. It's supposed to get hot here the week.
Day 3 went good now if day 4 will be as quiet as yesterday I'll be happy.
When I saw the tulips I thought about the son tip toe through the tulips

Shad and Happy
Hang in there things will be back to normal soon.

-------
Did not sleep well last night. I woke up with serious drainage in my throat and my throat felt like it was getting sore. I got up and took an allegra. It's helped. I should have been taking this all week.
I'm on day 4 of the over time. As of now I've worked 96 hours straight. When I'm finished with this stretch I'll have accrued 132 hours for my next pay check. 48 of those hours will be overtime.

happy2bme 07-15-2013 01:43 AM

Hello, hello -

It's midnight. Everyone is asleep but me and I finally have a few moments to myself. I tell you, this was an interesting exercise in having Mom live with us. There is a lot I would have to get used to and honestly I'm not sure I totally could. My Mom likes to tell you stuff - like how to pick out groceries, where to park, what line to get into to check out at the store and the list goes on and on. It can be very annoying. I told DH that I now see how I must appear to him at times because I do the same on a much lesser scale. My Mom God Love Her is also a bit of a critic - dinner was over priced, why can't they seat us in this other section, you sure don't get much for you money here, it's too hot, too cold, too bright in here (she has problems with bright areas with her macular degeneration. And then there is the constant nitpicking about salt grams in food while she totally ignores the amount of salt in the sweet rolls, bread, ice cream and chocolate that she's been indulging in. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: To make matters even worse, we had bbq ribs the other night and she somehow lost a temporary tooth that was glued in - she chewed it up and swallowed it. And the ribs were fall off the bone slow roasted for 3 hours tender so not my doing. It's an incisor - eye tooth - and now she's in a funk that she has to have a lot of dental work done. She has some bad teeth. I told her not to get her jammies in a twist - that you can't see the missing tooth (she is self conscious), you don't need your incisor for eating despite what you think and the fact that it was a tooth the dentist found in a drawer, glued in and made a "temporary" fix that held up for 5 years - she did pretty good. My sister and I were wondering where he "found" this tooth in a drawer that he glued into her mouth - my crazy sister said she hoped it wasn't a cadaver tooth :rofl: I don't want to even think about it... :sklol: DH is kind of crabby because he has to wear a heart monitor strapped to his chest for 10 days straight. This is a follow up to his heart ablation earlier this year - time to check for any residual palpitations. The unit is bulky, uncomfortable, the battery does not hold a charge for more than 5 hours and he is pretty much stuck around here for the most part. Said he can't even mow the lawn because if he sweats the leads will fall off. He has also about had his fill of Mom's "idiosyncrasies". And of course sometimes his frustration comes out in snappy comments back to me which I don't appreciate. The older cat is s-l-o-w-l-y coming out of her shell but the young one is both a delight to watch and a pain in the tush. They require as much effort as infants right now. So there has kind of been a lot going on. We will be taking Mom home in about a week or so - still debating on which day and how long of a turn around until we head back. DH definitely wants a short trip down there - he doesn't want to board the cats because he thinks it's traumatic to them even though a month ago there were living in kennels in a shelter :dizzy: and my Mom's house will be warm and stuff after being closed up for a month and not all that comfortable to stay at. Parking is bad in the city and her neighborhood smells bad from the tortilla factory nearby and the fried chicken wing store across the street from her house. Every time we go into the city we notice how we dread going back there. I'll barely get an opportunity to see my sister and forget meeting up with friends (sorry again Laura ;) ) I'm sure he would not mind dumping me off at Mom's for an extended stay but at this point, I'd surely go in the loony bin if I did that. I went to church with Mom for Saturday mass and I prayed that God would give me patience, tolerance and help me to get past the annoyances and see the blessings in my life. So far it's working. This week will pass quickly as I prepare for a road trip and then it will be back to a new normal - a normal that includes 2 cats who I'm sure will be delighted to have it even less quiet than it already is.

Shad - I'm so sorry that S's Mom thinks the Kardashians are people to emulate. That is very, very sad and pathetic. Hope you had a nice visit in spite of things.

Mel - I'm sorry to hear of the sciatica. I hope you can remedy yourself up so that it's not completely debilitating. Has Jen's foot healed up? Perhaps she could shop for you if it's too warm on Thursday.

Ceejay - sounds like you're getting wistful about retirement. You'll have a nice paycheck in O.T. but I hope half of that does not go to extra taxes. You'll also need a part of that for sinus meds. I sure don't miss the constant headaches and stuffy nose and throat from the allergies down your way. I hope you'll have less issues when you move to your sister's area.

Laura - yuck on the skunk. When I lived out your way I still smoked but not in the house. I had a park bench on the front porch and would sit out there. At night I could smell the skunks and would hear rustling in the leaves under the bushes. I was terrified that a skunk would pop it's head out one day :yikes: Bummer on missing your class the other day because of one car. When I was working downtown, we only had one car also - didn't make much sense to have 2 but there were times like you saw where it got pretty inconvenient. I couldn't go back to one car again and am secretly glad that we sort of have to have 2 even up here ;) Thanks for the review on The Heat - it was looking somewhat goofy from the trailers I saw and I was wondering if it was just too much "shtick" and not enough true comedy. Identify Thief also looked like they took an interesting bit and dragged it out too long also. Although I do love Melissa McCarthy.

Annie - I hope you are not preggers either but if by some chance you are after all of that we all better get right with the man because the second coming will be upon us :lol: ;) Funny you should mention pit fires. I am looking at our pit with lots of grass growing in it. We don't dare start a fire with it being as dry as it is. Gusty windy the last few days too although they said the fire danger is low. Guess the fire pit is an autumn thing. :( Save me some of that beef roast - it sounds delish!

Michelle - Santa is just having a gay old time in CA, isn't he? Reminds me of the movie How Stella Got Her Groove Back :lol: Sounds like you have a really active social life. That's great. Hope you get past the learning curve at work soon. I'm not sure my brain could retain any more new stuff at this point.

Mom just hollered out from her bedroom "GO TO BED ALREADY!!!" As old as I am, still getting hollered at by Mom to go to sleep :rolleyes: Geez o peaso already :tantrum:

I may still be sporatic for a bit but will be back soon. :wave:

MELODY525 07-15-2013 08:05 AM

http://www.punjabigraphics.com/wp-co...ing-coffee.gif

MORNING WORLDLIES.

LOVELY SUNNY DAY. WOULD YOU BELIEVE THE DOORBELL RANG BEFORE 7:30?
ONE DRIVER HAS LOST HIS PHONE.
BUT WE MADE CALLS AND FOUND IT.
I COULDN'T BELIEVE THE DOORBELL RANG:rofl:

NOTHING NEW AT ALL HERE.
RESTED THE BACK AND FEEL MUCH BETTER.
JUST DOING LITTLE THINGS TO KEEP FLEXIBLE.

HOPE YOU GALS HAVE A GREAT DAY.

CEEJAY.....I CALL MAINT. MEN OUT AND THEY CHECK THE APARTMENTS.
I CAN'T GET INTO A LOT OF PLACES WITH THE CHAIR.
HOPE YOUR DAY 4 WENT WELL.
STAY COOL THIS WEEK...IT'S GONNA BE A SCORCHER!!
I LOVE YOUR OVERTIME!!
GET A WHEELBARROW TO CARRY YOUR CHECK HOME!!
GONNA BE A VERY HEAVY ONE!!!:encore:

HAPPY.....AFTER READING YOUR POST......
THANK GOD ALL MY SENIORS HAVE THEIR NOWN APARTMENTS!!!
THERE WOULD BE A LOT OF FUNERALS IN THIS TOWN!!:rofl:
BUT IT'S EASIER FOR ME....I RAISE MY VOICE AND WHEN I USE THE F WORD....THEY BACK OFF:lol3:
OMG!! SENDING YOU A LOT OF GOOD THOUGHTS.
ALSO...FOR THE DH. PRAYING THE WEEK GOES WELL AND HE DOESN'T LOSE IHIS COOL DURING THE EVENT!!

ceejay52 07-15-2013 09:42 AM

Just a fly by. I'm doing okay.. I'm tired but so goes. only three more days and hopefully have three day's off

MELODY525 07-15-2013 10:00 AM

I just talked to my nephew and found out my older brother has passed away.
I need a few days to get myself together.
I won't tell Jen till she comes home over the weekend.
This is their last week together and there is nothing she can do from there.
His family lives in Nebraska and Washington DC.
I'll be back in a few days.

Laura705 07-15-2013 10:37 AM

Morning all.

Mel - Sorry to hear about your brother. Please extend my condolences to Jen and his family. Take it easy during the heat. Like I need to tell you that!!! :D Love the good morning graphic today!

Happy - I can totally understand making a quick trip here to drop your mom off and then getting back home, for the sake of your kitties, and your sanity!!! After how long - 6 weeks? - you definitely need a break from your mom. I suppose your sis appreciated the break, even though she's not living in the same house with her... but now I'm sure she'll be spending some time helping your mom through her dental issues. LOL re her dds finding a replacement tooth in a drawer!!! Anyway, it's a shame we won't be a ble to get together, maybe next time. Good luck to your dh wearing the heart monitor. Nice to hear the kitties are settling in. :)

Ceejay -That's a lot of workdays in a row, hang in there for the last 3. The OT check will be nice though. Ick re the sinus drainage. Hope it doesn't repeat. With these TOM headaches, the docs - my physician and my gyne - have told me to take the migraine med througout my period, but I've found they're not consistent. So if I'm feeling no pain, I forget to take the meds. Thankfully, the med works well when they do hit.

Hi Shad! Hi Annie! Hi Michelle!!
+++
I eventually got to sleep Saturday night, but woke up fairly early Sunday. I read the paper a bit on the patio - it was a really lovely morning out there. Doggy was on the lawn.

As soon as the petco grooming opened I phoned and discussed a bath appointment. No self-serve appts on the weekends, but they of course had openings for their staff to do it. After bf called a couple other places, we ended up taking doggy to petco. We didn't do the special skunk treatment, but we did "pre-treat" him with the skunk solution as we had the night before. He's mostly stink-free, but his snoot still smells of skunk when you get up close. If it's on his nose, there's nothing to be done - it's in the skin. You just have to wait it out.

While doggy was a the groomer, we got a quick lunch, then picked him up, dropped him at home and we took his bedding to the laundromat. Ick, not a fun task on a hot day. We ducked out of the hot place and hopped over to the library to pick up some books, then back to finish off the bedding in the dryers.

Back home I did a load of my own laundry and had a long chat with my mother, then we had Lou Malnati's for dinner and watched a movie. I'd forgotten I'd been on the request list for a looong time for the movie "Silver Linings Playbook", so it was a pleasant surprise when the library had it for me when I checked out my books - the e-mail alert had just been sent that afternoon.

I really liked that movie. Wish I had time to watch it again - sometimes there was a lot of dialog going on at once and even though I heard most of it and didn't miss the jist of the plots, I always feel compelled to hear everything.

Even though it was hot yesterday, we opened up the house to let fresh air inside and had a couple fans and all the ceiling fans going - the house still has a slight smell of skunk. One of bf's grooming inquiries ended up as an extended conversation about skunks. We were advised that foxes are the #1 predator of skunks and that spraying a solution of fox urine and water around the perimeter of the property is a good way to keep the skunks away. We're definitely going to go that route. We'll either get a small bottle of it from a sporting goods chain that sells it, or get a gallon of it online.

Okay, I'll wrap this up and get down to work. Have a good day everyone! :)

annie175 07-15-2013 10:48 AM

Oh MELLIE..my heart goes out to you. May God rest your brother's soul. I am so sorry to hear of this. Hugs dear sister.

diyana 07-15-2013 11:03 AM

Mel - I'm so very sorry for your loss! My prayers and sincere condolences to you, Jen and his family! :hug:

diyana 07-15-2013 12:41 PM

Good morning ladies -

I'll catch up on personals later...just have time for a quick post right now.

Friday and Saturday were quite hectic at the house. One of our family friend's daughter was getting married Saturday night, so all day Friday and Saturday the groom and his family used our house to prepare the food, and later on Saturday to shower and change for the wedding. The groom is from Argentina, but lives with his fiance (our friend's daughter) in Utah. The groom's family is all from Argentina and don't speak much English, but despite having forgotten so much Spanish, I was able to converse with them a bit, and help translate for Mark and Barb when they talked with them. It was a lot of fun using my Spanish again.

I decided with all the commotion at the house, it was best to have Santa in day care on Saturday, that way I didn't have to worry about a gate or door being left open and him getting out. Saturday night, I went out with D. D had a tough week and was in the mood for something funny and silly, so we saw Monsters University (very cute) and then went to a Mexican restaurant for a very yummy dinner. :drool:

Yesterday, my stepmother's boyfriend's family (kids and grandkids) came over in the afternoon for a pool party and BBQ. They brought their 6 year old female pug and she and Santa got along great!!

Santa is doing well in obedience training. In two weeks, he graduates, and I'll probably put him in intermediate level training.

Much love to all,

happy2bme 07-15-2013 02:51 PM

Mel - my deepest condolences on the loss of your brother :hug: Our hearts are with you at this time.

diyana 07-15-2013 06:17 PM

Annie - 3 dreams of being pregnant?! Wow!

Shad - Glad you weren't lost or kidnapped.

Mel - Holiday movies one weekend followed by a Good Witch Marathon the next...sounds like a great way to beat the heat. I'm so glad your back is feeling better today. I wish I could say the same. I helped my stepmom a lot the past two days with cleaning and entertaining. Too much walking, standing, etc. and now my back is complaining.

Laura - So sorry to hear Coal got too close to the skunks with smelly consequences.

Ceejay - Just a few more days of OT left. I really hope they give you 3 days off...or at least 2 days off.

Happy - I'm glad you got a few minutes to yourself so you could post. My ex-DMIL liked to think she was the authority on everything, even simple stuff and she'd instruct you on how to do stuff you've been doing your whole life. And my ex-DMIL complained a lot too, just as you're describing. Nothing was ever the way she wanted it. Bummer that your mom lost her tooth, but it's good that she doesn't need it for eating. DMIL has lost quite a few of her teeth, but while Medicare will pay for dentures, they won't pay to get the teeth pulled. What a PITA all that crap is. Too bad that your DH is tied to the monitor and is limited in terms of what he can do. When are his 10 days up? Yes, try to see your mom's annoyances as quirks that come with age, and cherish that you still have her around. I had to laugh at your Mom telling you to go to bed.

I need assistance from my teammates as to where to find some data (what database tables, etc.), and I'm having difficulty getting the info from them - they are quite busy. This is putting me behind schedule. Arrgh. :faint:

Well, it's almost time to be done for the day. Going to take a quick trip to the library to pick up some things I have on hold that have come in. Then I'll take the dog for a walk, and call it an evening. I'm still tired after the busy, but fun, weekend. It's hard work entertaining Argentinians and stepmother's boyfriend's family! :rofl: :lol3:

Shad 07-15-2013 06:25 PM

Morning all,

Mel deepest condolences on the loss of your brother. Stay calm and think of the memories.

Happy - I think you have the worst of it. My life was easy compared to that. It sounds like the early days of my Mothers downhill slide. Had to laugh about the tooth. I had a tooth temporarily filled at one time. That lasted 7 years before the entire chunk came away. It's the one that is now going to be an implant - hopefully soon.

Michelle - seems like you are a new person since your move. Sometimes you just need a push - brutal or otherwise - to get you back on the happiness trail. Good that Santa is having obedience lessons - or is it you that gets the lessons and he follows along?

Laura - skunk, yuk. Poor you. I have only smelt them once and that was in Canada and Carla and I were travelling to the airport. So no close encounters for me and I'd like to think it would stay that way. Good work on the car seats by the way.

Ceejay - hard work all that overtime. You will be looking forward to that finishing and your big paycheck. Got plans for that have you?

Annie - Thank god that dream won't happen. Can you imagine being pregnant again? Oh such fun. And today the medicos have taken all the fun out of it as well. Can't eat this or that, can't have a drink, can't do all sorts of exercise, have to have the baby in a car seat for that first journey home, car seat has to face certain directions depending on the weight of the baby. Etc. etc. etc. No idea how we and our kids survived the life journey to get to where we are. And are todays kids any better for it???

Sorry to have been missing so much but I have been busy. The ex managed to stick his foot firmly down the back of his throat, and the DP threw a wobbly and apparently I featured in that because I had said something that didn't go down the right way. I told the DS1 that I would be happy to apologise if I knew what it was that I said. Anyway, things improved somewhat after that. I still don't know what I said. We worked together quite happily in my kitchen for most of Saturday morning and I think we got back into a reasonable state. I took them back to the airport on Sunday and put them on a plane and we were all good. It seems that I must watch my p's and q's but I think she must grow a thicker skin as well. Always too dramatic. But I will say that she and DS1 are doing a great job with that little girl and she is a happy, healthy, bright and much loved child.

So there is just me and the cat again. Seems a bit quiet but no doubt that will change shortly. The ex goes back next Thursday and life can get back to normal after that. I need to talk to M. about this training thing which I might do after dropping the ex at the airport and if that is not going ahead I will need to think about working again. The new car should arrive by the end of the month, I need to ring them and confirm that as well.

I've cleaned up (mostly) after the visit, however the wee DGD loves to shred tissues and there is a pile on the floor of pink tissue paper which will be tidied up today and I need to change a bed and then since for a change the sun is shining, I might get out into the yard. There are some beans to pick I see as well and the bugs have got at the potato plant and stripped the leaves. I doubt that there are many under there yet since it's not been that long since I planted it. I better spray it and see if I can rescue it.

And that is about it for today, better go and get into this garden before the freakin' rain starts again. Whatever happened to our beautiful winter days.