and
  • ivory tusk
  • aria ivory
  • medici ivory
This is thwarting my creative spirit.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:23 PM   #32  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
LOL !!!! You are so silly. Just run your mouse over the writing and it will magically appear.
Although it will then be the wrong color. Ah, the irony.

Last edited by Kiwonk; 06-12-2003 at 11:27 PM.
Old 06-12-2003, 11:34 PM   #33  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowpernia
  • white
  • white
  • white
  • white
  • white
  • white
  • white
  • white
  • white
  • white
and
  • serene
  • buff
  • rhienstone
  • opulent
  • cloth
  • doll
  • feather
  • avalon
  • fragile
  • subtle
  • city
and
  • ivory
  • ivory
  • ivory
I can see why.
Old 06-13-2003, 02:09 AM   #34  
fatter than U

Quote:
Originally posted by Cowpernia
Letty and Marcella would know what to do. Why don't they give those colours easier names like Sorta Orange or A Bit Grayish. They're trying to suck you into an emotional decision by using names like Serene Peach and Fragile Beauty which you will happily slap on your walls and hate later. Did you ask the guy what colours people usually choose? You need a list of names so you can drop by and take a look.

I'm still fat but seem to be getting some kind of teeny weeny muscles from exercising. Just imagine. Sit-ups don't kill me like they used to

No dyke haircut here. More of the Bored Housewife look.

Way to go on the weight loss, Wabby!!! And Peachy is OK! Wonderful!

The reason that some people are not getting mail is because some other people continue to leave out the "fj" in certain people's addresses which means some *other* family in ME is getting weird mail all the time. They must think we're nuts.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:22 AM   #35  
loves kleenex box art

Yep. The builder said china doll and kestrel white look nice and antique white looks yellowish.

He has also sprayed that bumpy stuff on the ceilings. How can I get that off? Ugh.

This color is antique white by the way.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 06-13-2003 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:18 PM   #36  

Bumpy stuff on the ceilings is a pain to remove. You might as well live with it until it's coated w/ cobwebs. I vote for the sage color. It goes with all kinds of stuff, but it's not as boring as white, white, white. It's the new neutral. Kinda like 50 is the new 30. Yeah, right.

Yes, Wabby has lost weight. Over and over and over. I'm hoping that this time it will stay off. I need the secret to maintaining a stable weight.

You know somewhere in the world are ppl whose jobs are to come up with those paint color names.
Old 06-13-2003, 01:12 PM   #37  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally posted by SugP
I'm still fat but seem to be getting some kind of teeny weeny muscles from exercising. Just imagine. Sit-ups don't kill me like they used to
The reason that some people are not getting mail is because some other people continue to leave out the "fj" in certain people's addresses which means some *other* family in ME is getting weird mail all the time. They must think we're nuts.
I think I'll email that hapless family and ask for my mail back.
Hey, good for you getting muscles. I think I'm actually getting fatter -- yesterday my favorite kind of underwear was feeling tight around the legholes. That's not good.

Quote:
You know somewhere in the world are ppl whose jobs are to come up with those paint color names.
I could totally do that. Here's my first batch:
FIDGETY BLUE
MUSHY TAN
BLIND ME WHYDONTCHA

Nice, huh?

Tonight is the first of 3 dance recitals. Yay, I hope it's not beastly hot in that auditorium. All 3 performances are sold out. Apparently nobody has anything else going on their life in this town, so they will all be there. DD is in 2 numbers.

Kiwi
Old 06-13-2003, 06:45 PM   #38  

Quote:
my favorite kind of underwear was feeling tight around the legholes.
Time to switch to thongs!!!!

Sugar, I'd do situps, but I don't have enough muscle to do even one. Good for you that you actually have muscles. Very impressive.

I'm so happy it's friday. Even if I can't celebrate w/ a margie. We have nothing planned. Maybe fishing. Maybe gardening. It's kind of nice to have nothing on the agenda. Hope your DH's and Dads have a good Fathers Day. See yas.
Old 06-13-2003, 09:54 PM   #39  
Most boring housewife.

Twenty years ago, DH and I were visiting someone who had their ceiling painted with that bumpy kind of stuff. The woman, Nancy, said, "Do you like it?" I naturally said, "Yes." DH and I never talked about it again until about 10 years later when he decided that he would do that to my house since he already knew I liked that kind of paint. Not only was their ceiling 3-D....it also had glitter in it. GLITTER!!!!!!!
Upon leaving the homes of the "decorating challenged" must I catalog EVERY social lie I tell in order to make sure I don't end up with popcorn ceilings or avacado green appliances?
You can breathe a sigh of relief to know that I caught him before he puffed up my ceilings.

I agree that sage is the new beige.

I'm tired..bye
Old 06-14-2003, 09:03 AM   #40  
loves kleenex box art

the glitter stuff was big in the 60s. So my real question is ... is this crap cheaper than leaving this flat? It must be. Ask DH what it would cost me to repair it.
Old 06-14-2003, 12:13 PM   #41  
Member w/ messiest house

MY POST DISAPPEARED!!!! WHERE DID IT GO?????????? IT WAS REALLY FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY! GIVE IT BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Old 06-14-2003, 12:36 PM   #42  
Member w/ messiest house

I'm sure that stuff is cheap -- it probably doesn't have to have 2 coats or something. I'll never understand this stuff. You'd think a nice flat paint would be the cheapest thing going, wouldn't you?

I can't believe that post disappeared last night. It was all about the hilarious house I saw with the glitter ceilings, and about my DD's dance recital. PPPPPpppsssssssssbbbbbbbbbbbbbbttttttttt
Old 06-14-2003, 03:23 PM   #43  
Most boring housewife.

Default the truth about those bumpy ceilings

It is cheaper to do that kind of ceiling because the sheetrock does not have to be taped as carefully as it does when you have a non-textured paint. The glitter is just a bonus.
Old 06-14-2003, 03:31 PM   #44  
loves kleenex box art

I didn't get the bonus glitter. I've been looking at how to get it off. First you cover everything. Then you spray the crap with water. Then you scrap it with a long-handled thing. Then you spray something else on it. Then you die.

What they don't tell you BUT I WILL is that teensy spiders will immediately put teensy webs in the crap and start their dust collections. You can't clean it. The ceilings are way way high.
Old 06-14-2003, 04:20 PM   #45  
Member w/ messiest house

Good grief, already with the spider webs? That's the most disgusting thing about those drippy ceilings: you know they are just infested with little webs and you'll never get them all off. Unless you invent a vacuum that can run itself across the ceiling.

Gotta go pick up DD from her first performance today, feed her, take her back for the second. I'm having coffee and Frito BBq Twists for all my meals today.

Kiwi
Closed Thread