Old 06-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #91  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Mel - guess I can find a man cave for Richie. That place in Arrowtown is actually called Mel's Place. Who Mel was I don't know. Since NZ has just been proclaimed the third most peaceful place on earth after Iceland and Denmark, perhaps we need to shift the commune down there. I did see a photo of the Hobbit Hotel the other day. Can't find it right now. Wouldn't you know it.

Annie - happy birthday No really that is too much cake. Hope you have a great day and a good dinner with all the family except the recalcitrant traveller. So nice of your dad to shout you all a lovely dinner. Hope you are not going to pay the bill in 5c pieces.

Laura - this site is a bit weird but I am not sure if it is the site or the IE doing it. I do know that word is acting wonky and shifting the cursor to places unknown so I have to keep checking my work. Maybe MS7 or 8 or whatever I have on this machine.
Pesky rabbits. At least I don't have to deal with them here. Just bugs, burrowing insects, cats that dig out my seedlings and the odd possum and bat.

Michelle - Getting organised. That's the way to go. Good to have a busy job.

Happy - you seem to be doing a lot of volunteering up there. Hope you are getting some downtime as well. Batting 0 for 3 is not good. But at least you got a sandwich at the end even if you had to make it yourself.

Ceejay - didn't realise that the boy mowing the lawn was just that - a kid. No wonder his father needed to come with him

My finger is out of the bandage. It does not look pretty. It is more of a rip than a bite and has displaced a fair amount of skin. It doesn't seem to be infected, but I am being very careful of it and can't afford to knock it or it will begin again. Yep it may have needed a stitch but I can't see where anyone would have put it. So I will wait and watch and mention it when I see the doc probably on Friday. Fortunately the nail is not damaged. The fang has gone in alongside the nail and pulled out along the length of the fang down the side of the finger. Sorry TMI there.

Anyway - better go and see if I can salvage the day. Didn't want to get out of bed. Now that I am here I don't want to do anything. Best if I take myself off to see some people and do something interesting. Might go see M and his mob and then take a walk along the Nudgee boardwalk. Check out the crabs and fishies and birds.
Here's a couple of friends to keep us company
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 923213_10151356400266573_755225340_n.jpg (30.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 601059_10151305240601573_1046134672_n.jpg (16.8 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Shad; 06-11-2013 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Pushed a button and the inevitable happened.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #92  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Aww MELLIE...thank you for the birthday pix. How sweet. Another evaluation? SHeesh. THey need to find someone else to pick on.

SHADDIE..thank you for the cake and I don't need any for sure. Proven fact, people with red cars get more speeding tickets. Just sayin'. Hope the finger gets better. Please quit trying to one up me on injuries. lol

C got up and sang HB to me and my dad first thing this morning. He gave me a beautiful card and a copper butterfly wind wheel for the yard and a copper frog spinning sprinkler for the garden. Both are very beautiful. They are also supposed to glow in the dark, but I forgot to look last night.

Have a wonderful Wednesday/night everyone.

Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #93  
Annie - Indiana

Samantha just called to wish me a happy birthday....she was going to tell me she was pregnant for my birthday, however she had a miscarriage over night. We both just bawled and bawled. JUNE SUCKS
Old 06-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #94  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANNIE!

Sounds like it's off to a good start! Even though I know this is a difficult time for you I hope your day and the year to follow bring you good things.

Last edited by Laura705; 06-12-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #95  

Okay, scratch the part about the day being off to a good start. Annie, sorry to hear about S.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #96  

Morning all. Nothing much to report. Dreary and overcast out there, and stormy weather is on the way.

Happy -Well your day out on Monday sure didn't go as planned, but at least you got an ATV ride and some wine out of it! Yeh, gas prices are a lot higher in the city than out by us, but even getting lower prices through our Costco membership that price it HIGH. Lol - laundry leprechaun.

Michelle - Are you official now??

Mel - Sounds like they've got you red-flagged in their system!! Have fun at the photocopier this morning!

Shad - Really, none of the other sites seem to give me trouble like this one does! Maybe no stitch for your finger, but maybe one of those butterfly bandages that hold the skin together? Glad it's not showing signs of infection...did the beast have its shots??!! Love the pics of the animal friends.

Annie - Hope you can enjoy dinner with the family tonight, celebrating your dad, Ainsley & YOU!

===
Had a loss of 1.2 pounds at ww yesterday. That brings me to within .2 pounds of where I was 3 weeks ago. This session ends next week, and I've signed up for another.

Forgot I had an eye doc appt last night after work. Good thing bf reminded me. He did a kind of scan that could better identify a detached retina, or the potential for it. No problems there.

Nothing planned for tonight except maybe watching the hockey game. Not sure I should do that - I get all hyped up watching them. But I've also found I enjoy watching them - a lot more non-stop action than, say, football. Not a whole lot of stopping play for time-outs, penalties, etc.

Back to it.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy Birthday Annie.

Last edited by ceejay52; 06-12-2013 at 10:54 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #98  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - Sending you birthday wishes. So sorry to hear about Samantha. Sending you big bunches of love and big hugs.

Laura - Congrats on the weight loss!! Glad you have no retina problems.

Mel - Bummer that you have to jump through more hoops and spend your morning at the photocopier.

Shad - Glad to hear the finger is not infected. Cat bites/scratches can lead to nasty infections. Maybe wrap the hand in bubble wrap to keep from banging it.

====================
After over an hour at the DMV, I am still not an official Californian. I have to bring my birth certificate and/or divorce papers and/or passport that shows legally what my maiden name is...otherwise the only license they can give me is in my married name!! All that stuff is packed away, and their website made no mention that I'd need it. As for car registration, I need to get the vehicle smog tested. Really? It passed smog test in Wisconsin. Aaaargh!

I got a call from my recruiting agency for the job in Escondido. Apparently, the guy that accepted the job offer, changed his mind. He was supposed to start this coming Monday, and called them yesterday and said he doesn't want the job anymore. So the company called recruiting agency and asked them to reach out to me to see if I'm still interested. I said I am still very interested, depending on the salary/benefits offered. There are pros and cons to both options (taking the Escondido job versus staying here), but since I'm struggling with a steep learning curve at my current position, a permanent job offer with benefits using technology that doesn't have quite the steep learning curve would be nice. Of course, if I stay with my step-mom, it means free rent. We'll see if an offer comes and what the offered salary package is.

Anyway, gotta get back to climbing the steep learning curve at my current job.

love and hugs to all,

Last edited by diyana; 06-12-2013 at 11:20 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #99  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Happy Birthday Annie. I will forgo the usual festivities as this is more of a somber day for you. I would say not to be sad for Dad because he would not want that for you, but I have no words for Sam other than I am so very sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to you - you seem to get sadness in heaping bunches. Be gentle with yourself today.

Michelle - your experience with the DMV reminds me of Memphis. It took 7 hours - no lie - to get both our drivers license and another all day trip to get our gun concealed carry permits. Worst place I have EVER seen. Ever. So I feel for you. We too got caught up in coming there, waiting in line only to find DH did not have acceptable ID info. Since they are state run agencies, don't know if you can do much about it. Interesting about the job in Escondito. Decide with your head, not with your heart as this would be a big move. Easy to get caught up in the excitement but I know how easy it is sometimes to get enthusiastic and miss some of the cards on the table. At least you have avenues open to you.

Laura - horrid weather predicted your way - and in the afternoon commute too - they think there might be a superstorm extending for something like 145 miles Congrats on the continued weight loss! Go Hawks!!!

Shad - I'm thinking you should probably get that finger looked at. Sometimes they can literally glue the wound closed when it's hard to get a stitch in there. That has to be painful! How did the car shopping go?

Ceejay - looks like the intense heat of summer has moved in by you. Stay cool. Hope you don't get those bad storms too.

Mel - good golly Miss Molly - dancing with the G Man again. I hope this is not too invasive or stressful for you. I'll meet you at the end of the day with a cold Frap and we can put our feet up and grumble about red tape and stupidity

I had an ok day at the shop yesterday. Had a good talk with my buddy who advised me to forget trying to make a difference, make things better than I found them and not to worry about the personalities. Come in, do your shift, don't ask, don't tell - ie. if you aren't sure of something - make it up, don't worry about rules or consistency. She advised of some strong personalities with strong beliefs - not unlike I encountered down south. Said it's best to just do your thing quietly and keep to yourself. I said more and more I am discovering that it's just best to retreat to my own house, be a hermit and make friends with the animals She said you don't have to be quite THAT bad but there is no bucking the ruling class - you just get frustrated and don't accomplish anything. It was rather enlightening. Just means changing everything I ever was and believed in...

Anyway it's a new day. I did stop at the grocery store on the way home, picked up an oregano plant even though I don't use it all that much, a replacement dill plant as my 2 are about to bolt and I also got a lovely hanging basket of strawberries. Teeny little guys - I hope they are as good as they look. The shop girl said they'd bloom all summer as long as the plant was kept watered and in maximum sun. The bees and the butterflies are starting to come out which will help keep things pollinated. Still waiting on the mass of dragonflies we typically have here too. It's going to be warm but overcast so it's a good day to work outside. Have a good one ladies.

Again happy birthday Annie - try not to be so sad as there are still some good things in your life.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #100  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY...big corp or lil place the politics take over and it is all about keeping your head down and doing your job. Sadly tho, you are a volunteer, do they not realize you do NOT have to be exposed to that crap? Really, lighten up people, be positive, think happy thoughts and do your best. QUIT b*TCHIN.Sheesh!!!

CHELLE..thank you so much sister for your support and love.

LAURA...congrats on the loss, hope you do not have to revisit those LBs again.

CEEG...thank you for the HB.

Sis is having a difficult time...made me cry with her. LIL sh*t. There is a reason for everything...the next babe will be perfect.

Dinner in a bit for me and kidlets, hope Sis is ok and doesn't be too awfully sad.

Loves
Old 06-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #101  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Flat out busy today - right from get up. Been up to see M and M to see how the training thing is going - slowly. Had some morning tea and a laugh and then I went into Fortitude Valley in town and had a look at various cars. Naturally enough I start at the top end of my budget and check out the European cars. I have an appointment on Monday morning to test drive an Audi A3. Yummy. Very impressed with the features and finishes. I will be checking out a Mercedes A class as well. I couldn't find an equivalent BMW but will check out the 'net sites shortly to see what is available. Tuesday I will look at the Japanese and Locally made models.
Then I went to pick up some of the things I had to get for Sophia's visit. Just got to pick up the car seat and the high chair from one of DS1's friends and that is all ready for the Royal Tour. Oh and some bath toys apparently.

Tomorrow I go back to the doctor to see how the Lichen Schlerosis is
progressing or not as the case maybe. I think the steroid cream is doing the job, but I do know that you can not use it forever and a day. So my bet is that she will tell me not to use it for a few weeks and then start it again.

Darn site is putting the cursor everywhere except where I want it tonight. It's a pain. So I am going to leave personals until tomorrow in case I lose everything

Last edited by Shad; 06-13-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:46 AM   #102  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I will try and come back later on.
Up all night with sciatica.
Must be aggravation
I left a note on the SS phone for the evaluator.
"Sorry I am not up to this right now. Try Monday."
I had to sleep part of the night in the chair. Ouch.
Going back to bed.
See you soon

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-13-2013 at 08:50 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #103  
Annie - Indiana

Good Morning Everyone...

Last night was bittersweet at Texas Roadhouse, one of dad's favorite places to eat. We did surprise Ainsley with the birthday song from the peeps at the restaurant. SHe sat on the saddle and we all gave her a big YAHOOOOO. Lil man was less impressed and it frightened him so he ended up freaking out and crying. All and all it was a good time. Sam was a little depressed and sad from losing the baby but managed to smile a bit. My heart was breaking for her. I know exactly how she feels as I went through that 3 times.

Tonight is Oceanaire. I am so looking forward to it. I am definitely getting a shrimp cocktail and probably go with lobster tail. YUM!! Maybe even treat myself to the house bloody Mary.

MELLIE...sure hope you get to feeling better sweet sister. I sleep in the chair at some point nearly every night. We should talk during the night besides telepathically. lol

SHADDIE...hope the doc appt goes well.

Everyone have a terrific THursday.

Hugs
Old 06-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #104  

Morning all.

Mel – Sorry to hear about the sciatica keeping you up. I hope the pain eases up today.

Shad – Those sound like some very nice vehicles you're considering! So when does Sophia arrive? Hope the doc finds the lichen treatment progressing satisfactorily. I seem to have the cursor problem on the desktop computer at home, not on the computer at work.

Annie – I’m sure it was difficult for all of you to be up for celebrating birthdays, but it was nice to make Ainsley’s b-day special. Oceanaire sounds like a wonderful seafood place. I’d be tempted to get a crabcake because I live them, but there are so many other options! Enjoy your lobster tail.

Happy – It’s just a whole ‘nother world up there isn’t it? Ooh, strawberries – how fun. Be sure to let us know how those do!

Michelle – No sooner did you unpack a few more things at your stepmom’s house than you learn that the Escondito job is still a possibility! Many things to consider. You sure seem to be happy being with family and friends where you are, but if this job is a struggle…and you want to ultimately be further south, huh. You’ve got some thinking to do! It’s so great you have that opportunity!! How annoying about the DMV wait and not even accomplishing your objective after the long wait! Typical.

Ceejay – Starting your weekend – aaahhh! Enjoy your day!
==
The severe thunderstorm warning brought Metra to a standstill yesterday right during the evening commute. On my 5:33 train, we waited until they made an announcement just shy of 6 pm that they wouldn’t move until the storm had passed (the storm warning was in effect until 6:45, so that was the minimum). Instead of waiting, I ended up taking the CTA Blue Line to Rosemont, where bf picked me up. Ultimately, I probably got home about the same time as when my Metra train would have finally arrived after a long delay, but the resumption of Metra service wasn’t a given, so it was better for me to just be on a train actually going somewhere. I got home around 7:30. We had a bit of heavy rain and thunder/lightning at times, but it wasn’t severe in our area. Haven’t checked the news to see about other areas though.

I had to walk to the train this morning as I’d left my bike there overnight. Lovely day shaping up today. Too bad I’m in here! At least I got a bit of a nice walk.

Tonight will be a Jazzercise class.

That’s all folks.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:57 AM   #105  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

Late night last night. Just as I was getting ready for bed, both downstairs bathrooms decided to have "Roto Rooter" type issues. The plumber came out and was there 'till after 10:30. Still couldn't fix the issue, so they're coming out this morning. Step-mom dealt with the plumber like a champ and will be at the house this morning when they arrive.

My 30-year old nephew who lives in the area was supposed to come over for dinner tonight, but decided he'd rather spend time with a friend. So, I may get together with a friend, or I may just take a relaxing evening at home.

Still haven't heard about the Escondido job, but I'm just taking things as they come. No sense in worrying. Whatever happens it will all be good.

==========================
Shad - How fun car shopping!! I hopefully won't be doing any of that for a few years. Audis are very good cars, from what I've heard. I've had good luck with my Toyota Corolla for well over a decade. Glad to hear you're nearly ready for Miss Sophia's tour. Good luck at the doc. Sending you lots of :

Mel - So sorry about the sciatica. I hate it when that happens. Sending you get well wishes.

Annie - I can understand how last night was bittersweet, between your dad not being there and Sam losing the baby. I had no idea you had gone through it too. Sending you all many hugs to help you through your grief. Enjoy your seafood dinner tonight.

Laura - Wow, that storm sure packed a punch (from what I heard). I'm glad you were able to find an alternate way home. I'm glad the storm wasn't too severe in your area. I checked with my ex (since, yes, I was worried about him and my ex-DMIL). He said they had torrential rain and close lightning, but at least the wind wasn't too bad. Have fun at Jazzercise. As for the DMV, I got my car smog tested yesterday, so I am ready to make another DMV appointment to surrender my WI plates and get my CA registration. As for my license, I have to find either my birth certificate (I ordered another online just in case I can't find mine), or an old passport with my maiden name, or my divorce paperwork which is in storage and should be the easiest of the three to find. Then I'll make an appointment for next week.

A big to Ceejay and Happy.

Much love to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote