Old 06-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #76  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

Quick post for me as I have to get a lot of work done today. I took Santa to the dog park yesterday afternoon, and we both had a good time. The wind was really blowing, and by the time we were ready to leave, I had a sinus headache. So we came home and took a nap. I'm doing much better today.

===================

Annie - Wow! Over $600 in coins! That would make for a wonderful evening out! Glad you were able to get some sleep. I'm glad C is being so supportive and wonderful. You deserve it.

Mel - I do hope you get to rest some this week. Take a Melli-day or two.

Shad - Is the finger healing? The photos you posted on FB of the kitties are adorable.

Happy - Good luck at the podiatrist. That's awful about your lip. Hope it feels better soon.

Ceejay - Good on ya' for getting all the yard work done. I hope the inspection goes well this week.

Laura - The dog parks around here are run by the cities. So there are no fees or permits needed. So sorry to hear about your aunt passing away. Sending condolences and prayers to your family.

Hoping that Happy's and Laura's gardens get the sun/warmth they need to perk the plants up and get them to produce.

Time for me to focus on getting my work done. How I wish the programming fairies would come to help me out sometimes. LOL

Much love to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:30 AM   #77  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hiya all,
Thought I better get in here before I forgot again. If I don't do it early then I either don't get back for the rest of the day or by nighttime I am just too tired to think about what I need to write. Must be getting old.

So the terrorist cat has gone home. Jeez man he could stink up a house no trouble. He was very good about the litter tray but man what a pong. I can still smell it so I guess the floor is about to get a wash very soon.

Going into town tomorrow to check out some new cars. Not sure what I want to buy yet. But it is time. So I will go check out on M and his office and see what gives there and then start at the top of the range of the cars I have selected to test and work my way down to the cheapest.

Ceejay - good idea mowing your own lawn. Good exercise

Laura - Finger is going along. Hasn't completely stopped bleeding yet but it is very slowly weeping. I'll leave the bandaid on for a couple more days. I've got to go back to the doctor later in the week for a report on the Lichen schlerosis so I might get to talk to her about it if it still hurts and bleeds then

Mel I have found a house for you in NZ. It's called Mel's House. I'll attach a picture if I remember.

Happy - so you met up with someone from Newcastle. Buying linen. Can't she find any stuff down here. There are some fantastic craft markets in the Newcastle Hunter Valley area that sell all sorts of things. Off course you would bring some maple syrup home. I did last time I was in Canada. The stuff they sell here is revolting.

Michelle - No Miss Puss was not impressed with having the terrorist around. She was very naughty and forgot all her clean habits and sprayed around the yard and pooped on the concrete I had just cleared and cleaned. Sorry TMI.

Annie - time heals and at least you are posting, if not doing personals. Sounds like you are busy anyway. All this clearing of gym stuff and drawers and taking them to other people.

Gas down here is currently running at 1.37 per litre. That makes it about $5.19 a gallon. So count your blessings girls.
Can't think of much else. But will come back later to check on what gives online.

Mel's wee house in Arrowtown - one of the most beautiful little towns on earth and here's a house we could use as a commune meeting house. It is the new marae meeting house at Turangawaewae. Try getting your tongue around that one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mel's house Arrowtown.jpg (46.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 969407_10151425930017694_493125562_n.jpg (33.3 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Shad; 06-11-2013 at 02:50 AM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #78  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Tuesday Morning....starlog 6.11.13. I feel like an alien just moving along in space today. Cannot concentrate. Driving to work was a real chore and could not remember to pay attention. Just a little foggy this morning. Guess I need to get some coffee in me, or something to wake me up. Bah!

Sissy is coloring my hair tonight, hard to believe 4 weeks have already passed since the last coloring. Sassy is enjoying lil man and the babysitting kids at Sissy's house. I did call the vet yesterday as Sassy's lil eye is still weeping. It cleared up for a bit but came right back. Vet put her on children's benedryl for 3 days to see if that helps and is allergies. Go figure!

SHADDIE....my two cents on a new vehicle is a Toyota, great mileage and lasts forever. That is just my opinion. We could probably put that lil house on the commune site for MELLIE...that is if HAPPY does not object. lol

CHELLE...hope you got all your work done and if you do see any of those fairies of any type, please do share. lol. Sounds like Santa and you are both enjoying CA. Good for you both!

LAURA...sorry to hear of your Aunt's passing....Sad times.

CEEG...pretty bad when people get paid to do their job and they don't do it. Sometimes it takes a reality talk from someone. Good for you but sheesh.

HAPPY...the way you pan fry your fish you can also do eggs, over easy that way too, especially in bacon grease...yikes calories and so fattening. My dad used to love them that way. Thank you for the lovely card also. I sure do feel the love lately for you all.

MELLIE...mmmmmmmmmm roast for TV dinners. That is one of my favorite meals..roast, mashed taters, gravey and of course green beans. YUM YUM. Hey Grandpa, what's for dinner? <--- Hee Haw~!

That is about it for me, one day at a time is my motto, really one moment at a time.

Have a terrifice Tuesday/night.

Loves
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #79  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

JUST A QUICK NOTE.
I WOKE LATE AND JEN & I ARE GOING FOOD SHOPPING.
PICK UP A FEW THINGS FOR THE COMING WEEKEND.
HOPE YOU GALS HAVE A GREAT DAY.

HAPPY...SO VERY SORRY TO NHEAR ABOUT THE BURNS ON YOUR LIPS.
GOD THAT MUST HAVE BEEN AWFUL.
HOPE IT'S NOT TOO PAINFUL

CEEJAY...THAT'S A GOOD IDEA ABOUT THE VIDEOS!!
MEN ALWAYS THINK THEY KNOW BETTER THAN WOMEN!!
GLAD YOU GOT HIS BUTT MOVING THOUGH.
WICKED WEATHER DOWN SOUTH THIS WEEK.
HUGE AREA OF HIGH TEMPS. STAY COOL.

LAURA....I AM VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR AUNT'S PASSING.
SAD HOW SOME PEOPLE IGNORE HEALTH PROBLEMS.
I WOULD LOVE TO GO TO ITALY!
MAYBE TUSCANY OR UMBRIA...I WANT TO GROW OLIVES!!!

MICHELLE....WINDY AND SINUS. WHAT A COMBO.
I KNOW THAT FEELING. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER TODAY!

SHAD...OH.....I LOVE MEL'S HOUSE!!! HOW CUTE.
THE MEETING ROOM IS GORGEOUS.
WISH OURS LOOKED LIKE THAT.
MAYBE THEN ALL THE TRUSTEES WOULD WANT TO BE THERE!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-11-2013 at 07:55 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #80  
Happy September

ANNIE....SENDING KIRK AND THE BOYS OUT TO WATCH OVER YOU!
YES....LET'S MOVE THE HOUSE INTO THE COMMUNE...OR WE CAN BUILD ONE AROUND THE HOUSE!!
WISH YOU COULD TAKE SOME TIME OFF WORK.
ONE DAY AT A TIME...ONE HUG FOR EACH DAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 06-11-2013 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #81  
Annie - Indiana

Check this place out if you like seafood...

http://www.theoceanaire.com/Location...s/OurMenu.aspx

I will tell you about it on Friday. Going there Thursday evening for dinner.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #82  
Annie - Indiana

Funny MELLIE...my oldest brother is a "trekkie". A girl from here went to the Star Trek convention in Chicago last weekend or so. They paid 380 bucks to have their picture taken with the Star Trek actors. NUTS I tell you! Have fun shopping!
Old 06-11-2013, 09:20 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
I watched a star trek marathon last week end. It was the newer ones. on the Enterprise ship.
I should have know that the boss son was to young to mow. I really don't mind it. But as Mel reminds me it's supposed to be hot today and tomorrow. 97 degree's ugh.

Mel
Have a good day shopping. My friend texted me last night stating she would be in Jonesboro Thursday, our usual day to eat out but I'm kinda glad in a way. I have that day to myself for a complete rest day.

Shad
I liked the picture of Mel's house. Wouldn't mind having something similar when I retire. Wow already time for a new car! Believe it or not mine still has that new car smell.

-------------
Not much has happened since yesterday.

Last edited by ceejay52; 06-11-2013 at 09:23 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #84  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Geez Louise another day checked off the calendar. DH remarked that yesterday seemed to fly by, I said they all do. On a whim we decided to take a run to an animal park - poor man's northwoods zoo up this way Supposed to be a nice family friendly place. Got there and the place was over run with Mom's with strollers and little very energetic kids. NO THANKS. I thought for sure a gloomy cool day at the beginning of the week would make for an emptier park. Guess we'll have to pick another not so nice weather day and go right when they open. Reason being is that we'd like to get some animal pictures and you know you can't do that with 120 screaming 4 year olds running about. On the way back we went through town and there were activity in the popcorn shop. We found a parking spot down the street (none too easy) and walked over there. Turned out the doors were locked and people were getting the place set up. Darn and I had such a taste for popcorn! We went back by the car and I wanted to look into a new shop. Handmade moccasins on the main floor, wine cave downstairs. Skipped the shoes (no support) but did pick up a nice bottle of wine Then we decided to take an ATV ride and go get lunch at a local place we'd been talking about. Got all the way there, turns out the place is closed on Monday Came back and had a late lunch of a sandwich at home. I did go to the podiatrist in the morning - all is well except with my feet settling (I'm warning you against the no support of flip flops Annie!!!! ) I may have future problems with ingrown toenails. I asked her too about the bursitis - she said it tends to be seasonal - spring and fall interestingly enough and once it starts, it advances like a freight train. So... does not seem to be a good idea to consider even 2 days working at the popcorn shop. Done deal.

Annie - oh yum - a delicious seafood restaurant - my favorite kind of place to eat out. Lots of yummy items there - how can you pick just one??? Enjoy your dinner. Very much! Thank you for the tip on cooking the eggs that way. I would have to come up with a liquid that was far less calories than butter or oil though Speaking of Sassy's possible allergies - we have some new gift items in the thrift store - one is a plaque in the shape of a bone and it says "I had to get rid of the children - the dog was allergic". Everyone who sees it laughs and points it out to whomever they are with! And what a big payday with Dad's change! Should make for an outstanding dinner. Is that what you're using for Thursday's night out?

Yes, we can put "Mel's House" on the commune grounds. Will have to clear some trees out unless we put it in the back by the garden but that area might be too close to the bear's path for Mel's liking. Cute little cottage that one is. Also was oohing over the insides of the meeting house. Not sure I can add that too although it gives me some ideas for us decorating the mancave

Happy shopping Mel - you are shopping for the weekend already??? It's only Tuesday - unless I am mistaken Pick up some good stuff - hope they have sales on exactly what you need.

Shad - the finger is still bleeding??? How deep did that cat nick you? I suppose that cold weather maple trees do not do so well in your tropical climate - hence the low grade (probably artificially flavored) syrup. Actually I find that I purchase the good stuff from better gift shops and guard it like gold. Most of the store brand stuff - not so good either. Ok - you win the gasoline wars. Cost us 60 dollars to fill up the SUV the other day - DH was really grumbling. However when you think about it, we probably fill it up once or twice a month - we use the more efficient Avalon for tooling about town. Health insurance and gasoline - 2 big rip offs.

Laura - very sorry to hear of your aunt's passing. Sounds like your gas prices are close to ours - I know they add lots of extra taxes to your prices. It's about 50 cents a gallon MORE in the city at the Mobil by my Mom's house. That was a nice gesture of sisterhood to burn your mouth on your cup but really, you didn't have to do that for me Actually, I too have suffered a way too hot drink - particularly tea for some reason - out of one of those well insulated cups. You have my sympathies.

Ceejay- be careful now that the heat has moved in by you. Time to find someone to mow that lawn

Michelle - how nice that they have city run bark parks for the pups. We have a really nice one that volunteers built at the Humane Society. And I hate to break it to you but the programming trolls are siblings to the laundry leprachauns that grow Mt. Washmore into those monsterous piles. No rest for the wicked

Ok, I have to get out and water the garden before I head off to the shop for the afternoon. Happy Tuesday chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #85  
Creating a Healthier Me

Just a quick fly by to say hello! So much work to get done, and I have to leave a bit early to go to the DMV for a CA driver's license and Vehicle registration, so I'll be official.

Love to all,
Old 06-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #86  

Morning all. Tired of how balky this site can be.

Ceejay - So will you have the kid mow in that hot-hot weather? Too early for me to be thinking of the weekend, darn it.

Annie - Awww, little Sassy might have allergies. I think Coal might have them too, he was a bit weepy (and sneezy) a few weeks back. He's better now though. How many of you are going to dinner? You sure picked a nice place!! Makes me want to go out to a good seafood joint sometime soon.

Mel - Another nice sunny graphic! Thanks for posting that. Hope the shopping goes smoothly!

Shad - Gosh, can't believe your finger is still bleeding a bit - you might have needed a stitch or two?? Hope Miss Puss gets back to her normal (?) self now that the tiny terror is gone. Love Mel's house and the meeting house!! Great additions to the commune. New car - whoo!! Having one car for two of us has been getting to me a bit lately. With gas prices and maintenance, though, we're trying to resist the urge to buy another vehicle. Bf mentioned a scooter...not thrilled in the least by that, and it has limited usefulness in this climate.

Michelle - Sorry the wind got the sinuses going and a headache. My eyes are affected by the seasonal allergies, thought that might be over by now... Nice the dog parks are easily accessible and you're not limited by permits, etc.

Happy - How did the foot doc appt go?
===
Went to Jazzercise last night. Got the times mixed up - arrived about 25 min. early for the 7:15 class. It's the Thurs. class that starts at 7:00. Good class and I reconnected with another of the students I knew from years ago - that was nice.

Went outside w/ doggy this morning to discover the rabbits somehow got through the fence and into the veggie patch and again ate up the bean plants. One full size remaining leaf between three plants. I dug out the spray bottle of hot sauce and sprayed it on what's left. Yep, I'm the queen of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. Sigh.

On the positive side, one of the tomato plants looks like it actually grew, and might even have some blossoms. Otherwise, my yard time included reaching over the fence to pet the pup next door and him grabbing my wrist in his jaw and not wanting to let go. Brat. And my sneakers got so wet with dew that I had to change my socks. Must remember to save shoes and socks for right before I leave the house and wear my crocs in the yard.

Nothing going on tonight. Hope the weather stays rain-free so we can grill some marinated chicken tonight.

Thanks for the condolences re my aunt. I know 84 is really a good long life, but I still don't get how someone with children, grandchildren & great-grandchildren doesn't want to address their health issues so they can hopefully enjoy being around them a bit longer...

The scale was alright this morning, so I have a chance of being back or nearly back to where I was three weeks ago. We'll see how the ww weigh-in goes today. I didn't do well with tracking over the weekend, and that's key for me. I had the SparkPeople app on my old phone but when I went to install it on the new one, it is no longer free, so I didn't install it. Now I realize I like to see my calorie intake and not just ww points, and I prefer the SP tracker over My Fitness Pal, so I will spring a whole $4 and buy the SP app.

Last edited by Laura705; 06-11-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #87  
Annie - Indiana

WOW HAPPY...sounds like Mondays are not a good day for anything...busy, not open yet, closed....strike 3. Yes we are using the $$ from the change to go out to eat. You see, tomorrow is me and dad's birthday. He always buys my dinner on our birthday, so technically he still is with the change. It will be a tough bd without him to celebrate with, my first bd alone.

LAURA...dinner will be two of my older brothers and their wives, me and Curtis. To h*ll with the brother that is in the Philipines instead of being at dad's funeral. Sore spot, my have to bonk his head a few times if I ever see him again. Tomorrow nite, our actual birthday, Samantha, Chris, the babe and Ainsley (her BD is Thursday the day after mine), Jake and Kristin are all meeting me and C at Texas Roadhouse for dinner. We will celebrate me, dad and Ainsley. I am making Ainsley's cake. New recipe, hope it is good.

Hello to CHELLE flying by to get official in CA!!

CEEG...don't have heat stroke cutting the grass.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #88  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - I know this b'day will be rough. Enjoy it as much as you can since you're spending time with those you love. Sending you many, many b'day hugs.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #89  
Annie - Indiana

Thank you Chelle..I needed that!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #90  
Happy September

Annie we are wishing you a very special birthday this year.
Although bittersweet, you have lots of good memories.
Hope you have a very special day.

I would love to go to a Star Trek fest!!
But that's a lot of $ buckaroos $ for one picture!!

MY POST FOR TOMORROW MORNING

"Good Morning" Ladies of the World

I just got a notice for another evaluation from Social Security.
Seems like I just went thru this.
Hard to believe a year has gone by.
I need to copy 3 yrs worth of my "big" pay checks
Too bad I forgot and put last years info in the shredding bin.
I just set the alarm for early tomorrow morning.
I'd like to get the job done before the office opens.

Have a great day tomorrow.

Ceejay....sorry your friend won't make the lunch date.
But what a great treat to have the day to yourself!!!
I'll join you Thursday for a day of rest

Happy....Strange day out huh??
Sometimes days like that were everything is upside down make me feel like I am in another dimension!!
Jen & I had one of them the other day....weird
Everything we did or planned didn't go right.

Michelle...hope the DMV trip was a good one.
I always hated that job....now I am license free!!!

Laura....I need sunny graphics....it's been so gloomy here.
I am surprised Sparks is charging for the App.
Guess every thing is going up this year.
Fingers crossed for the weigh-in

Shad....sorry the finger is still bleeding. It needed stitches!!
Does DS2 have insurance...get a cat bite lawyer
Hope you don't get any infection from this.
Also hope the Lichen med is working.
As soon as I find a quiet day I'll let you know.
Good luck finding a new car....how about RED!!!
I showed Jen the house and she wants one too.
Shall we leave Richie behind??
Not sure he can make it on his own though!!!