Old 07-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #316  
It is what it is...

Hello everyone.

Lyss - why can't you do fireworks in IL ? I wish we had that same thing here...drives me nuts ...I don't mind one night of them but it turns into several weeks.
I hope you see the 160's soon !! I'm sure you will.

Not much going on here , just dropped in to see who had posted and say Hi, have a great day.
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #317  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Illinois is one of maybe four states I believe that do not allow citizens to shoot fireworks. It's a state law. We have to drive to Missouri if we wish to purchase the good stuff. Then you better find somewhere rural to shoot them off.

Snakes and sparklers.....that's about it!

I finally lost that pound from the weekend and saw a new low on the scale this morning, but I am not putting it down until it sticks around for another day at least. I think the scale may be fooling with me.
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #318  
It is what it is...

Oh I wish Indiana had the same law ....they really aren't safe anyway, well the big one's ...so I think that law is a good one ...

Great job on getting that pound off ...I'm like you, I need to see that number on the scale a day or two before I go with it, haha
Old 07-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #319  
It is what it is...

Just dropping in to say "hi" ..today is my Friday, so if I don't stop in over the holiday weekend I hope you all have a great 4th of July !!!!
Old 07-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #320  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone! Happy 4th of July!

It is very cloudy here today. We expect off and on showers most of the holiday weekend. We plan to go to the local fireworks tonight if it isn't raining.

We are off work today and tomorrow. I'm going to be relaxing and maybe doing some cleaning I don't get to on the weekend. We plan to see some movies, the Lone Ranger for sure.

What is everyone else doing?

I'm doing pretty well with my food and was doing good on my exercise until yesterday. I had a headache and just came home and did nothing.

Carri: Congrats on the 3 lb loss!

Lyss: I am positive your loss will stick around.

Dee: I hope you are having a great holiday weekend.

I'll be popping in and out this weekend. I hope to see somewhere else here too!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:30 PM   #321  
There I am!

S/C/G: 279/ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!

My Independence Day has started out well, at my lowest so far of 171.0! Hoping it doesn't go back up. I am trying my best to watch what I eat today though it is hard with all the temptations around

Have a great day everyone!
thnknthin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #322  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

HAPPY July 4 TH

We got back from our 6 nights of camping yesterday. The temps were great w low 80's & only 1 thundershower. We do take a small tv (@ 8pm I had to see BB, HK, MC & America's Got Takent & the news) then take a stroll w DH before bedtime & star-gaze sitting on a bench @ the beach. Something about camping is Just so relaxing getting away for several days, w lots of camp walking & paddling around the lake & meeting people & exploring towns. We go once yrly w/o any kids, but we enjoyed the cute little kiddos playing near us. We had to b back today to give my 2 college employees July 4 off from my doggy kennel business. We watched fireworks last night & will leave to go watch @ 9pm tonight. No plans for the weekend, just our normal summer playtime & eating from the garden & do some horseback riding w the neighbors horses.

Carri, Congrats on the 3 lbs I hope U found cute sandals that U love.

Lyss, 171 lbs

Susie, I have total Faith in U to lose 30 pounds by Christmas (6 months= 5# monthly) I know U WILL do IT

DH is yelling @ me to get ready to go see fireworks. See you'all soon. Be safe & have a Fun holiday weekend

Tori & LeeAnne, I miss U & I wish U Happiness, Luv & Good health Please drop-by & say 'hello' soon....

Everyone, DeeDee
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #323  

Hi Everyone,

It has been a wonderful time off work since Wed. I have rested and gotten some small projects done (like cleaning out my office a bit) cleaning out a cabinet or two.

I slept, I hung out with friends and family--I took some downtime. Now it is back to work tomorrow and I will be at full throttle until our Innovation Reviews are over on July 23. Then, I'm taking July 25 and 26 as vacation days (we had planned the whole week off but when they pushed back Innovation Reviews back a week, we had to cancel our vacations.

We aren't doing a big vacation this year but on July 25 & 26 we are going to do some vacationing in the city of Cincinnati and Newport. We have some fun things planned with our friends who we vacation yearly with.

I have told myself, while I will be busy with work the next two weeks. I will take time to get at least 30 min of exercise in 4-5 times a week and to be on track with my food. I know I have to make taking care of me a priority.

Dee: Your camping time sounds wonderful. you are so right I can hit 30 lbs lost by Christmas! Five pounds a month is not overwhelming.

Carri: Have the fireworks stopped in your neighborhood yet? I hope for your sake they have.

Lyss: How did you do handle the temptations? Congrats on being at a new low number.

Torri and LeeAnn: Where are you guys? We all MISS YOU!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #324  
It is what it is...

Morning Ladies, hope you all had a great 4th … I sure did enjoy my 4 days off …lovely to have nothing to do and to just be able to sit all day if I wanted…we did get started on painting the kitchen ( well dh did , he won’t let me paint, I’m a bit messy and he’s a perfectionist lol ), the color is called Cayenne and it is a beautiful burnt orange color …goes great with the yellow we have in the living room…we only have part of it done so far but will get the rest of it done this week, slowly but surely with work.

So now for the food part …I did good 50% of the time and bad the other 50% and I know those are good odd’s, haha …holiday weekends usually throw me for a loop, but I could have done worse… I did let myself have a Pepsi last night and I was up till 3 in the morning …needless to say I’m SO tired at work today…I’m so caffeine sensitive since I never have it…so today back on the straight and narrow…still at 212 so hoping I didn’t derail myself too much and can at least lose 1 this week, I know I ate way over my cals a couple of days so I might have gained 1 or 2 …so I would be happy with just being back at 212 by this weekend…I won’t way till then …give myself some time to recover.

Susie – no, of course the fireworks haven’t stopped, haha …but we have a local fireworks ordinance and they can only do them thru July 9th so two more nights of it …most people are respectful on work nights and won’t do them past 10:00 …I just wish they were only allowed to do them on the actual holiday…I can’t imagine what some of these people spend on fireworks, some of them going off looked professional ( and were that loud ) …we have a real sneaky, screwy law in Indiana…they have to sign a waiver to buy the real big one’s saying that they will do them out of the state if they buy them …yeah right, no one does …it’s just a sort of laughable loophole that lets them get away with doing way much bigger one’s in neighborhood area’s…and it sucks.
Glad you enjoyed your time off as I did…sorry this month is going to be busy for you at work but just keep thinking about those two days off at the end of it.

Lyss – congrats !!! You are so close to the 160’s !!!!

Dee – your camping sounds very nice and relaxing, glad you had a good time.

Hi Tori, Mel, LeeAnne and everyone else !!!

Have a great Monday everyone !!!!
Old 07-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #325  
Sandee

Hi Girls, on here early today for employee payroll cks. While on vaca I limited my kennel to 10 doggy guests to not overwhelm my 2 guys & 4 doggies r mine, so my assistant manager was fine. I pd them time & half w my absence so they r looking forwards to me going away on vaca again soon plus they stayed in my dh man-cave [our 800 sq.ft guest-house, I also have a doggy-camera monitor there to view the inside-outdoor kennel runs] & they got to use the pool/hot-tub/garden/forest/play area's-horse-shoes, basketball, etc. They were allowed 1 friend each after 6pm & they know security camera's r inside/outside my home. The guys did a great job for me/doggie's owners & were respectful of my business-home; otherwise they understood they would 'not' b paid, + consequences.

Carri, I've been yo-yoing w 3 pounds all summer being Up & Down w my scale It's my fault for not tracking my food but whatever Summer Is short & I'm not gonna eat like a skinny-model starving & summer is too hot/humid for cardio unless we're in the water or a/c. I still drink soda when I go shopping sipping a 32 oz. fountain coke topped off w 1/3 Dr.Pepper, it takes away my need to eat till I get home & can eat healthy. I'm sorry soda still makes U sick. Dh drinks soda w his popcorn nightly, while I drink ice tea or flavor water w my herbs or cucumber slices in a pitcher of ice-water instead of snacks. Carri I know u Will do this & u will Stay on track OP....

Susie, your vaca sounds fun U really deserve the time-off & its so great that U have your bff to go with. We used to share vaca trips w friends but we don't anymore, I really wish we would again

At home on 1 fridg shelf I have my dh's food & on another shelf I have mine. That happened because dh hates onions, tomatos, olives & other food I love to eat; when he accidentally heated a container of my yummy food & he took a bite he yelled @ me because I didn't label it... I don't need a po dh, so now my Own shelf has my yummy 80% healthy food & my dh has his 25% healthy & 75% carb foods he likes... I suppose what I'm getting to is: sometimes the people we eat with: sabotage us from 'eating healthy' meals-foods that We need-like & they don't; but some of us r ppl pleasers & eat to b social, like 'sure I'll share your order of deep-fried battered mozzarella cheese sticks' @ dinner w friends. Duh, I used to split appetizer orders but I stopped that bad habit... Gaining is soo easy & fun tasting, losing the fat is sooo slow....

Tell me your thoughts on: BB, MC, Bachelorette, American Baking Comp.w Jeff Foxworthy & HK when U see them this week... I just looked @ the clock, I gotta go finish sewing some Roman shades for a client right now.

See you'all soon

"Hi" Lyss & Tori

Last edited by miniDoodles; 07-08-2013 at 03:34 PM. Reason: to say 'Hi' to Lyss & Tori
Old 07-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #326  
It is what it is...

Dee - thanks for those kind words, it was very sweet ...I cant wait to see all our shows this week !!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #327  

Hi. I have been on with IT support for my work for the past two hours!

I missed my walk, I missed eating dinner and I pulled something in my back this morning.

I so wanted to work at home for a couple of hours to get some work caught up because I will be working on Innovation work all day tomorrow. A lot of PowerPoints to change and a lot of product to gather and get ready to ship next week.

I'm tired!! and worn out and stressed! My cat's ear bled again last night..hasn't done that for 6 weeks and here it is again. It had stopped this morning when I got up but there was dried blood in his cone. He goes back to the vet on Friday to remove the staples which I think she will have to restaple because the wound edges are not close together. On Monday I am taking him to the Oncologist for a consult to see what they have to say and if we can afford to try what they recommend.

That is where I am...not in a good place mentally or physically!

Sorry to vent but I needed to....will I ever get to a place were I can really work hard on this weight-loss? I know I have to..I must...or I won't be in this world!

I just want to cry but I don't have time.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #328  
It is what it is...

Hello Ladies …

Susie – sorry that you are so stressed, I have had those periods and it makes me want to go off plan and just sulk with food, but it doesn’t sound like you are doing that…just remember, even if you can’t exercise you can still lose weight by keeping good on your food…you might not lose as much but it will still keep you on a good path…I hope that you are having a better day today…hugs

I was able to go back OP yesterday, even though I had two big ol’ macadamia nut cookies left from Subway ( I love those ) …I will probably just throw them away when I get home, I can’t be trusted…lol …plus not supposed to have the sugar anyway since I’m diabetic …

We are still working on the kitchen so it’s day three of me not being able to cook in there which is getting old…last night I had chicken salad on crackers…think tonight I will go and get a rotisserie chicken.

Okay, so you know how I was talking a lot about my stomach being bloated and out of whack? Well here is what I’ve noticed…recently I started noting what I had eaten when it started doing that…and each time it was a white bread product…it’s starting to do it now ( after not doing it for days ) and this morning I allowed myself a breakfast sandwich on a white english muffin …hmmmm …interesting …my stomach has not been bloating when I was forgoing most of my carbs ( bread, pasta, potatoes, cereal, etc ) …guess that should tell me something…anyone else like this?

Dee – I forgot to mention how much I hate Arryn on BB …all those mean, racist, things she’s been saying are just awful …I know she is young yet but she is just a mean nasty person…I hope she doesn’t go far in the game…I know they are mostly gunning for Rachel’s sister but I sort of want her to stay in the game just to annoy them, haha…

Food 7/9/13
B = bagel w insides scooped out – 220 , 2 T lite cream cheese – 60
L = rotisserie chicken salad – 180, sandwich thin, whole wheat – 90, string cheese – 80
S = natural applesauce – 50, chicken breast – 120
D = more rotisserie chicken salad – 280, quinoa and flax seed crackers – 170, salsa – 20, low carb tortilla - 120
S = nada
Total for day - 1390
Old 07-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #329  
Sandee

Susie We r here for U & Tuesday is the beginning of a New wonderful day for U. Put Monday's bad moments behind U, because U r Lovely w a fabulous future ahead, just waiting for U
I want U to go sit in your hot-tub, or whirlpool bathtub w a fragrant candle the next time Life bites U, or float on a raft in your swim.pool, cause water is soo 'soothing'. Or sit & cuddle on your dh's lap in the rocking chair w his strong arms holding U will let U put your bad day on the shelf, or have s*x if its been longer than a week. Just do Not go into your kitchen to snack, U know what I'm saying cause when we r emotionally weak we eat junk....

Next time that happens nomatter what time, feel free to phone me & chat-voice, not text, I have gentle shoulders to lean on & we can make-a plan, laugh or cry together about your stuff.

Hi Carri, TMZ reported that Arryn lost her modeling contract from being racist & finds out when she leaves BB. I want Elissa & Helen to stay & Arryn's alliance Out instead Google: gluten sensitivity & google: carb problems & bloating & your other symptoms & I hope U find your answer I used to have your probs if I ate more than 2 slices of pizza, 2 donuts, etc. I don't know if its the "gluten or yeast", that I have a 'sensitivity' to, but its only in the white/wheat flour/dough foods I've noticed. I've been eating only 1 serving size for yrs & since doing that my belly pains-bloating stopped even when I eat deli pizza, dough products, etc. now. The Bible says 'gluteny is a sin' & when I eat Only 1 serving size of anything I Never get sick now I have a bread machine to make yummy breads-pizza dough, etc from different flours that I also use w my pasta machine to crank-out fresh noodles/ravioli, etc. (I like spinach, etc.)they store for 2 weeks w/o preservatives. These r dietician rated Healthy flours r gluten-free:

A (Dowd and Rogers) Almond Meal, blanched - gluten free flour subsitute
A- (King Arthur Flour) Gluten Free Muffin Mix - Vanilla Base
B+ (Heartland's Finest) Gluten Free whole Navy bean Flour Products - Flour
B+ (Heartland's Finest) Gluten Free Whole Pinto bean Flour Products - Flour
B+ (Bob's Red Mill) Gluten Free Corn Flour - Stone Ground, Whole Grain
B+ (Bob's Red Mill) Baking Flour - Gluten Free, All Purpose
B+ (Hodgson Mill) Gluten Free Baking Flour - All Purpose
B (King Arthur Flour) Gluten Free Brownie Mix
B (Meister's Gluten Free Mixtures) Flour - All Purpose
B- (Sylvan Border Farm) Gluten-Free Products General Purpose Flour - Wheat-Free
B- (King Arthur Flour) Gluten Free Cake Mix - Chocolate
B- (King Arthur Flour) Gluten Free Bread Mix
B- (King Arthur Flour) Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix

Hi to everyone I hope U have a Wonderful week
Old 07-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #330  
Sandee

Treat yourself this week Use this as a main-dish for it's hi-protein w a big salad; or @ brunch or a party.
I read the store pkgs to find the lowest fat/sodium/carbs & use them because this is so savory u won't see a difference in the taste: cream-cheese, sour cream, white cheddar cheese & bacon. Add the ingredients up & divide by the slices u cut, to count the cals/carbs/protein, etc.

Cheddar Cheesecake w Bacon

Ingredients:
•10 to 12 slices bacon
• 2 8-oz pkgs cream cheese, at room temperature
• 2 c. grated white cheddar cheese
• 4 large eggs
• ½ tsp. ground white pepper
• 3 green onions, finely sliced
• 1/3 c. finely sliced sundried tomatoes
• 1 1/2 c. sour cream

Directions:
Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place a grilling rack over a baking pan and lay bacon slices out in a single layer. Cook bacon in the oven until done, about 15 minutes. Lay bacon out onto paper towels to absorb as much of the fat as possible.

Coarsely chop bacon then place in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely crumbled. Place crumbled bacon into a frying pan set over low heat. Cook until more fat has been rendered and the crumbled bacon is crisp. Strain bacon through a fine metal sieve until all the fat has drained. Spread crumbles out onto a paper towel to absorb any remaining fat. Set aside until ready to use.

Lightly grease an 8" spring form pan.

Cut cream cheese into chunks and place into the bowl of the food processor with the grated cheddar, eggs and white pepper. Pulse until mixture is smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a spatula, as needed.

Add finely sliced green onions and sliced sundried tomatoes to processor and pulse just until evenly distributed throughout mixture.

Using a spatula, scrape cheesecake mixture into spring form pan. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden and set in the middle.

Remove from oven and spread sour cream over top. Evenly sprinkle bacon crumbs onto sour cream. Return to oven for 10 minutes.

Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cheesecake. Let cake cool in the pan completely, then cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

You can skip the bacon if you'd like to enjoy this as a vegetarian dish - just garnish the top with finely sliced chives or green onions, just before serving.

I'm making 3 of these for a b-day party client for tomorrow: 1 will b vegetarian, 1 w bacon & 1 bacon w black olives.

I'm making 1 for me & my dh, my half topped w black olives & bacon & green onions, his w bacon.
We'll eat this w a salad & fruit for dessert for supper tomorrow & freeze the remaining for the weekend.

Girls, share some recipes