Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 07:11 AM   #91  
Gym'll fix it!!

Good Morning Ladies
I was sick of WTCGA..No not a new workout video,
Watching The Clock Go Around!! so i got up at 3.30am to download some pics from my camcorder and play around online while i watch Jay Leno i'm raring to go..pity its pitch black wonder if i'll still feel the same at 8am?

Terry I looked at the South Beach Diet and the two week induction is the big one..no beer not sure if i could survive that. BBL
Old 06-03-2003, 10:01 AM   #92  
Connecticut

OK, I just lost a big reply -- not a happy camper!

Let me see if this one works .............
Old 06-03-2003, 10:14 AM   #93  
Gym'll fix it!!

Oh Bummer Terry..i just hate when that happens
Old 06-03-2003, 10:17 AM   #94  
Connecticut

Whew!

Ok, not really sure what happened there but looks like all is back to normal now.

Meg! So glad to have you back -- got to get you moved closer to work so you can have more time to chat with us . It's encouraging to know that your girlfriend like s SBD so much. I have heard so many success stories so I am really counting on being included in those too one of these days!

And, Cathy, any diet plan has to be realistic and if the food choices on SBD are too limiting, then I agree that it is not for you either. At least I can have my wine in Phase Two! Seriously, this Doctor tells you to eat everything you like once you are on phase two -- but not just everyday. It's just a combination of eating good fats and good carbs with a few "must haves" thrown in every so often.

Hope you are sleeping while I am typing this by the way -- hate nights like that!

Emily, thanks for the congrats on Katie and Stu -- good incentive for me to lose weight that's for sure! What a special weekend with Ian's ceremony and all your family there to share in it all -- hope you had nice weather. All we have been getting is buckets of rain since May 1st.

Hi Dahlia and Pam . Dahlia, such good news on your son's recovery and I bet that made your day! And, I can empathise as I absolutely hate bees although I am not alergic.

Need to get a move on here as I still have to plan what I am bringing to work for lunch and two snacks. And, I still want to get in WATP or the treadmill this morning too.

If Chris isn't hogging the computer like he was last night, I'll see you later this evening, if not, then tomorrow. Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-03-2003, 10:18 AM   #95  
Connecticut

Cathy -- go back to sleep!!!!
Old 06-03-2003, 11:00 AM   #96  
Gym'll fix it!!

he-he i don't think there is much chance of that Terry
i've done the cleaning and its only 8am so once it warms up i'll be on the deck getting some ray's, wonder if i could fall asleep on the lounger? would be nice to wake up all golden i'll make sure to put sunscreen on..don't want to wake up looking like this
Old 06-03-2003, 12:28 PM   #97  
Domestic Engineer

Terry- I looked at the South Beach Diet quite a bit last night and am thinking about doing it. My birthday is next week and Brendan's the week after that with Father's Day inbetween. I've been craving a white store-bought cake with bavarian creme filling (I know, naughty naughty )so maybe I'll celebrate all 3 and then start. What do you think about phase I for a nursing mom?? I've read to just start with phase 2, but it's all healthy eating so don't really see how it could be bad- just would have to make sure to eat *enough*. Anyway, you've piqued my interest...let us know you do this week! Hang in there the first couple days!! (today is #1??) Are you involved in the forums at all on prevention.com? Looked like lots of people are doing it.

Cat-hope you don't fall asleep in the sun all day! Or at least have a good sunscreen

Meg- great to hear from you and best of luck finding a home closer to your work. The commute sounds brutal!!

Pam- never apologize for asking about my kids! It's a mom's great pleasure to talk about them Ian is sleeping really well I think...He has a good 5-5.5 hour stretch at night which is great for his age. Hopefully he'll keep that up! Has good long naps during the day too- let me get lots done (when I'm not on the computer!) He's such a great baby. We both go for our 6 week check-up this afternoon. Can't believe it's been that long...
Makenzie sounds like such a doll! She is at a really cute age too- learning so much and thinking they are so "big"

Well, off to clean up a bit and get ready for the day!
Take care!
Emily
Old 06-04-2003, 12:45 AM   #98  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hey Emily..your my kinda gal "I'll start after the 3" with me its "tomorrow" Well, no napping for me today but i did sunbathe for a couple of hours it was nice and relaxing because i pulled one of the tv's away from the wall so i could peer in through the patio door and watch it while i got some sun it meant i did'nt have to miss my soaps!
Old 06-04-2003, 12:46 AM   #99  
Gym'll fix it!!

What do you think of my tan? need a bit of colour in my face i think COR! i wonder? if i really stick to it do you think its possible?

Last edited by cat90; 06-04-2003 at 12:53 AM.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:29 AM   #100  
Gym'll fix it!!

OMG i just showed hubby my new pic and he swears that it is'nt me He said "it does'nt look anything like you!" the body ain't mine but the kisser is i only took it this afternoon too! I'm going to bed i'll see if it looks like me in the morning
Old 06-04-2003, 07:05 AM   #101  
Connecticut

Morning!

And, the verdict is, Cathy ... ???!!!!!

Tell hubby he better be careful or you can change him into a frog.

Good question about the diet, Emily. Because there is very little calcium and no dairy in phase 1, I just wonder if it is good for a nursing mom. Perhaps all you would need to do though is take a multi-vitamin supplement. Did you find anything on the boards or post your question there?? You certainly do get a lot of protein though during the first two weeks. Maybe you can do it for just one week and then jump to phase 2 -- a thought.

Well, first day over with, and I must admit I was more tired than usual and I was hungry late in the afternoon so I had my dessert then instead of after dinner . But, now I know this is just water weight but I will take it, the scale was down 3 lbs this morning.

Hey, guess, what?? It's raining again! I did put some deck furniture out yesterday under the guise of wishful thinking.

OK, ladies, time to check email and a few other boards and then I need to get this show on the road. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Always, Terry

PS: Em, if I find any info on nursing moms and SBD, I'll post it.
Old 06-04-2003, 11:59 AM   #102  
Gym'll fix it!!

i just checked and it is me
WOW!!Terry Congrats on the weightloss i'm gonna have to decide on a plan too..i'm just playing at this i'm either really really good or really really bad I'm just getting my first cuppa here..hubby left at 6.15am and i did'nt bother getting up so he left without a packed lunch anyway, it won't kill him and since when was he unable to butter bread? i just noticed that someone called at 5.29am and i did'nt hear that..i just heard hubby get up so i guess they woke him..its very rare for me to go to bed and wake up to daylight (wish i did) its usually pitch black...i can't say that i'm busting with energy tho'.
Another day in the 70's here so i'd better get moving so i can get out on the deck again. BBL
Old 06-05-2003, 08:31 AM   #103  
Connecticut

Morning Everyone!

All is well as it's not raining -- yet. Although rumor has it that it's going to be sunny tomorrow with temps in the 80s. I hope it lasts thru the weekend as there is a big craft fair across the street from the store Saturday and Sunday and it's a lot of fun especially when it 's sunny -- it's a bloody, muddy mess when it rains.

Cheer up, Cathy, once you decide on what form of action you want to take regarding weight loss, you'll do great. We are all here for you too. Remember, you did it before -- why not follow the same plan you were on then?? And, if you want to try SBD, I can't see why you can't add a beer in on the weekends (doesn't Michelob make a low carb/light beer -- I think it's called Michelob Ultra??) once you get passed the first two weeks (phase one) that is. You can jump start the weight loss and then tailor the program from there.

Down another pound this morning for a total of 4 lbs since Monday. So far so good .....

Need to get into work early today so let me get a move on. Hope all is well with everyone else. Have a Terrific Thursday!
Old 06-05-2003, 06:56 PM   #104  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Terry, and any other lurkers

Spent all day on the deck with hubby basking in the sun its in the 80's (30-31 don't know what that is) and i'm loving it i did some gardening this morning but gave up..it was just too hot to do it i'm still not exercising..its too hot to do that too but you're right Terry once i decide to do it..i will Congrats on the weightloss BTW i just nipped indoors to catch up with you and watch Emmerdale farm..time to get back out again
Old 06-06-2003, 01:02 PM   #105  
Theres no stopping me now

Hi everyone, have had a busy hectic week, but not really done an awful lot. Have felt that I've chased my tail all week at work and it was only about 3pm this afternoon that everything came together - finally !!

Am trying to get another job in the same organisation. I keep reading the vacancy pages, but nothing is jumping out at me. I really fancy one of the tourism jobs, need to bump off one of the women doing the job and take it from there. Am hoping for a sideways move in the same location - only I can make it happened - that and a vacancy arrising

Eating has not bee good, but I have to be honest and say that I have been worse before. But I have also been better too. Am determined to turn it round this week.

We have the sunny weather - grab your coats, get on a plane, Scotland is sunny. It may not last we had nice weather in March / April too, maybe it is making up for the last few years.

Am going to put on my pedometer and stroll for a while. Can't make up my mind which route I fancy, may just wander around rather than do one of my 'circuits' Would like to do a couple of miles at least, will clear my head, would rather go swimming, but Sean and Steve plus 2 pals in the house, don't think I'll manage to sneak away.

Am determined to get back into the swing of this. Figure I have about 20 weeks left until I have been doing WW for a year - have never lasted anything like this before. I would really like to be around 185 - 190 by then, 20lbs to go to reach the bottom limit. The skys my limit really, I am the only one who can make it happen.

Pam - Mackenzie sounds adorable, it doesn't seem like a year since she was born.

Em - my niece is a few days younger than Ian and she eats like there is no tomorrow, shes not so hot on the sleeping though

See you all soon
Closed Thread