3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weight Loss Buddies X (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/263864-weight-loss-buddies-x.html)

burgundyrayne 01-29-2013 07:18 PM

OK ladies, I did good for a few days eating then fell off the wagon again. I'm back on now and plan to stay there. I haven't gotten on the scale. I'm gonna give it a few days. I haven't been working out either, yikes. My tattoo was healing so that was my excuse. Gonna get a good workout in tonight. I'll do personals tomorrow. I started my spring cleaning early so I'm trying to tackle that. I think I'm gonna turn my spare bedroom into my craft room. They are spread out all over my house and that's just not working for me.

Hope everyone is doing good.

dancerindenver 01-30-2013 12:08 PM

burgundy - love the idea of a craft room - that way you don't have to keep putting stuff away all the time. And glad to hear you're back on plan!

nessa - wow, your trainer sounds tough - but in a really good way! I'm sure it will get easier.

Walked instead of running yesterday as it was snowy and cold. Am planning on a run after work today and then a visit to the tanning salon to work on getting rid of my pasty whiteness before our trip. What does everyone else have going on today?

luckylindy 01-30-2013 07:50 PM

Hey chickadees!

I realized I did not log on today so Im making a night time drop in. :)

Dance, im amazed you even walked with TOM, I dont even get one anymore but I still use the symptoms as an excuse to be lazy for one week, lol. Do you use tanning beads or spray tan? I cant tan anymore because of one too many malanoma scares. I hate it bc I think everyone looks good tan but health is more important.

Nessa, did you choose a guy trainer or was that your preference? I think I would prefer a woman but Jillian Michaels agressive, lol. Im not using my exercise points right now bc Im not exercising. I want to get the eating right before I include other factors. I eat a lot of fruit to offset being hungry all the time. What do you do?

Alright Burgundy, time to rope it in and get on a program. This is your accountability partner speaking. I think if you go overboard, you need to make sure you work out hard that day. Also, only alow yourself so many sweets a week

I had a good ww day. I ate out for lunch and still have 2 points for the day. Gotta go, will catch up tomorrow.

Nessa131 01-31-2013 08:32 AM

Dance- that is awesome that you can still get motivated.to run even when its cold!!!!! I.love running but i hate to get bone cold so i would duck out!! Lol and even better that you did it on your TOM! I miss tanning but im also worried about melanoma so i only go if i have an outbreak of hives i cant control with meds. For whatever reason the tanning bed will stop them! Its crazy but my uncle is the same way so it must be something genetic!

Lindy- my gym only has male trainers. Its a small town so there arent too many options. But i actually prefer a male trainer. Maybe it is because all of my coaches throughout my whole.school career were male....except 1. I went to a really small school!! Lol my graduating class was17! Any way....i needed someone that would push me etc....... And this guy.was in the marine core (plus hes not hard on eyes! Lol so thats a plus!) and hes a great trainer. I did hold off until he could fit me in because i liked his training style. And if im going to pay for a trainer....i wanted the best! He alsogoez over eating habits and nutrition. So i try to do what he says.....but its hard!!! Lol he says go easy on fruit and juices and any sugar because it stimulates your appetite and turns to fat. So i stay pretty hungry at times but i push thry it. He says i can have all the green veggies i want so that helps. But i still stick to ww too. In 2 sessions my % body fat is down 2 and muscle up 2 so he knows what hes doing!! Lol

well im headed to work.....still sore and can barely move but here comes session3!!!! Lol

luckylindy 01-31-2013 09:24 AM

Nessa - thats awesome! Keep me posted on any other tips he provides to you. Once I pay down the debt that we accumulated while the DBF was not working, I plan to get a trainer. I had one once before and loved it.

Today is going to be rough. I have to save as many points as possible today for the concert tonight. I have no idea what they will be serving but it is pass hors'deurves so I am being realistic in the fact that I will likely eat so I might as well hold off. I had a couple strawberries for breakfast which is 0 points. I might do a salad for lunch...again, 0 points, but will have to count points for the dressing. Any way, I will try to check in later. I am suppose to do my speech today so wish me luck. I have a horrible fear of public speaking and choked last night while trying to do a dry run in front of my DBF and kids, yikes.

dancerindenver 01-31-2013 01:28 PM

Good luck, Lindy!!! Hope it goes perfectly - come back afterwards and let us know how it went. Fingers crossed for you...

Planning on a run with a friend after work tonight - should be fun to have company.

Still at 164 but the scale is inching down. Hoping for 163 by Saturday! Just 9 days to go before our trip - can't believe it.

I've been hitting the tanning beds but for very small amounts of time so no one else can really tell that I've been tanning. I'm worried about skin cancer and stuff too but I burn very easily and I wanted just this once not to have to worry about wearing spf 80 everywhere all the time. It's so fun to be a less bright white color too ;)

Hope you all are having a good day...

Nessa131 01-31-2013 01:38 PM

Dance..... U crack me up!!!! Spf 80!!! I know the feeling...im white as a ghost! You have done so well with losing for your trip!! Congrats!!!!

Lindy.....i think im crazy for hiring one! Lol but i will only have him for a month or 2. Ill try to keep him as long as i can but our finances prob wont allow for much more. He is so worth what i pay him but its expensive. I have been coming back to my office and writing down exactly what we have done so i have a record and when i do have to go back to just my gym memberahip....... At least i will have that as a guide. Ill post his breakfast and supper tips he sent me.

Nessa131 01-31-2013 01:39 PM

Hey, this is Jason aka your dungeon master lol

Tips for breakfast:
Choose one lean protein, one simple carb, and one complex carb. Examples:
1. Protein shake and banana. Bananas have both simple and complex carbs.
2. Shake and small serving oatmeal and a piece of fruit like an apple. Don't eat bananas and oatmeal together. Too many carbs.
3. You can sub the shake for egg whites
4. Limit dairy products and fruit juices

Nessa131 01-31-2013 01:40 PM

Dinner tips
Choose a lean source of protein and all the green veggies you need to fill up. Green veggies are very low in carbs and won't hurt you at night. If you eat other carbs they will just turn into fat while you sleep
And water, water, water

at least he has a sense of humor!!! Lol

Neesy_20 01-31-2013 09:59 PM

Nessa- loving the tips ! I think every trainer has their own wisdom that they bring to the table . I've had a few now and seems like they all have different views or advice or ways of training .... But all seemed to really care and were hard on me for good reasons . Miss having one ! Look forward to hearing more of what he says .

Dance - I missed something . Where u going for ur trip ? That's exciting and seems like u have been working hard . I too am a ghostly white lol . can't tan , just white or red lol

Lindy- how did it go??? Omg public speaking is a huggggeeee fear of mine . I tried to face it and I took a public speaking class ..... No help whatsoever lol . I think it just made it worse . I admire ya .

Was gonna write more , can't keep eyes open haha goodnight girls

dancerindenver 01-31-2013 10:17 PM

Neesy - I'm going to Cozumel for a week with my ex (who I've been dating again but not exclusively for a few months) - yeah, it's all pretty weird ;) but as long as it's fun, right?

Nessa- sounds like your trainer is full of good advice - totally agree with him on being careful about carbs.

Lindy - can't wait to hear how the speech went!

burgundyrayne 01-31-2013 10:22 PM

Nessa-so sorry to hear about your grandfather. Was the drawing on Facebook of your memorial tattoo? Good luck with the trainer, sounds like its working. No pain, no gain, right. Keep sharing the tips:)

Dance-now if I can just get myself motivated to clean the spare room out. Lol pasty whiteness. My husband says Im so white I glow in the dark. He's native American so he always has a tan.

Lindy-thank you. I needed that. I'm back on plan now. I cut out a lot of carbs but not completely. My dinner tonight wasn't the best, spaghetti but I worked out after. How was the concert and the speech?

I have a free day tomorrow. I've been cooking for the soup kitchen on Fridays. Gonna get in a good workout. Not sure what I want to do. I've been doing wii fit and zumba. I want to keep changing it up. Might have to go back and find that workout Lindy posted a month or so ago. Gonna do some crafting before bed. I think I'm gonna try paper quilling. Goodnight ladies.

dancerindenver 02-01-2013 09:09 AM

burgundy - woohoo for a free day and being back on plan - enjoy your workout!

Scale showed 163 today so I'm psyched to finally see a new number - things are going so slow right now - sticking exactly to plan and running or walking 5-6x/wk and I only lose a pound a week now. Oh well, it will come off eventually - just not in time for this trip.

Planning a run after work and an on-plan dinner at a buddy's house. Anybody have more exciting Friday evening plans?

luckylindy 02-01-2013 10:08 AM

Hey girls!

Nessa - thanks for sharing your trainers tips, he seems like a fun guy, I like the dungeon master, haha.

Burgundy - good job in getting in the workout. Now, for the pasta was it regular pasta or whole wheat?

Neesy - how was Gasparilla?! Details!

Dance - congrats on another pounds down! Woot woot! Dont determine your future just yet. It's possible there could be a "whoosh" in your near future. :-) Just trying to remain optimistic.

I didnt get the speech done yesterday, not enough time so I have to do it today around 2 p.m. I will update you girls on how it went. As far as the concert....it was awesome! I did not eat all day so I went for the passed appetizers last night. I may have gone over my point range with drinks because I was planning on only 2 and had 4...heehee...but I hopped on the scale today to see if I did a lot of damage and I am actually down a pound so thats good! I wont update my ticker though until my official day where I record my weight, which is Sunday mornings. Tonight we are taking the kids to the movie theatre, I'm hoping to be good with the whole popcorn thing. Im not a huge popcorn fan but I get bored in the movie theatre and eat popcorn to occupy myself so I need a trick to get around that. Maybe I'll pack a bag of fruit? Anyway, I'll check in later girls to let you know how the speech went.

dancerindenver 02-01-2013 12:21 PM

Lindy - glad you enjoyed the concert and congrats on the pound down - can't wait to see the results of your official weigh in! For movies, I bring a crystal light packet to put in a bottle of water (can't drink diet coke in the evenings b/c of caffeine) and usually bring a baggie of salted almonds or cashews or sunflower seeds as they're more on my plan than popcorn and they're salty enough that I don't feel like I'm missing out.They're calorie dense so watch the quantity if you decide to go that way. What movie are you seeing?

I'm wearing a size smaller in jeans today (that were a little too tight last week) so I'm not too discouraged about progress ;) You guys have been amazing, by the way, putting up with all my dating and diet dramas over the last few months. I just know I would have hit a crisis point and turned to food for comfort without you guys being here for support so hugs all around ;)