3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Weight Loss Buddies X (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/263864-weight-loss-buddies-x.html)

dancerindenver 12-18-2012 05:47 PM

Evening walks sound great - hope you guys get a chance to do that tonight.

My ex is coming over tonight and we're heading out for a walk in the snow (should be snowing by then) and then making dinner. That'll be the last time I see him until after christmas. I'm hoping I'll lose a few pounds while he's gone! He keeps talking about my newly re-discovered cheekbones ;) which cracks me up. I'm hoping for another pound loss for tomorrow - I was close today but missed it by .2.

Hope you're all doing well...

Nessa131 12-18-2012 08:36 PM

Hey everyone!!!! I bet you all thought i was gone forever!!!!

I have been lurking but not posting. All this time off and away from the gym has been no fun for me! I also am back to 187.0. ugh. All that hard work and.after sometime off and no gym up 2 pounds. And today i was plaging makeup at work so i didnt get to work out. I hope i get to tomorrow.

And im really sorry i have been.mia. I plan on doing better. But my grandfather has taken a turn for the worse and he wanted a.DNR order. So that has been very hard for me. . . we are.so.close and.to think if something happens-per his wishes- they wont even try to bring him back. Just depressing and thaf is not helping with my eating.

My husband has decided he has had.enough of our current home and subdivision and put the house on the market. He told me he had a.loan already....... Nope he didnt and because.of all our debt to get a house anywhere.close to what we have we.will need.10's of thousands in.cash....which we dont have. Well i guess me and the dobe will be living in a box on the street! Lol

and i found out yesterday...... I have to have surgery on jan. 7th. (that is if we all live past friday!) ha

so im just a lil stressed!!! But all of my christmas is bought and here and wrapped except my hubbys last gift. So theres a plus. I dont want to undo all the amazing progress i have done but im so stressed.that eating right and exercising is last on my list.

You guys got any advice????? Sorry to be negative nancy..... Lets hope tomorrow is better and im motivated!!!!!

Thanks for.listening!!!

luckylindy 12-19-2012 08:50 AM

Hey girls!

Dance - dying to know how the visit with the ex went. Since you guys wont see each other agian until after Christmas, did you exchange gifts at all?

Nessa - wow, I am so sorry hun, it sounds like an ultra stressful situation you are in. I can totally relate to your grandpa because when my grandpa passed a few years ago, the paramedics could have brought him back but since he had a DNR, they just let him go. That was bar none the hardest thing I ever had to deal with. Just thinking about it makes me sad, sad for my past and sad for you. I am so sorry.

Ya know, Im gonna vent about your hubster because my guy is driving me batty. They think they know the answers to EVERYTHING and they dont. And then 'ish hits the fan. I would be so stressed if that was my circumstance so I dont blame you. Realistically....2 pounds is not awful. You and I know it is likely water weight and if you can just maintain through the holiddays, it will be fine. Just try to stick to your point range and not eat up your flex points, if you can. The exercise can come later when things arent so hectic. Then again, exercise helps me clear my head so Im not sure I should advice you against it. I guess pick your poison....exercise, or extra points? But if you can stay on track all together - how fantastic would that be?! We will always have obstacles in our life, but we cant be counter productive and put weight on everytime it happens. Thats why we are in this forum. For support so that DOESNT happen. You can do it girl, just keep moderation in mind. Maybe instead of working out you can do little things that add up? Take the stairs, park far and walk. Just thinking out loud. :-) Ill be thinking and praying for you girly, it sounds really hard right now in your world.

I wish I can say I am having a better day but Im not. I am very afraid as to where and my DBF's relationship is going and I am just hoping that we can salvage it. We got into a nasty, mean argument yesterday evening and went to bed angry. There was still frustration built up this morning and althought we said goodbye to each other and said we love each other, it was not sincere. I dont know what to do. On top of all else, he took a dig at me which was extremely hurtful. He said something about me "nagging" at him to get a job and thank god he got one or I would have made him go nuts. That really upset me because for the first 6 months, I did not say not one word about him not working. I only grew stressed when he had 3 months of unemployment left and I was paying for his kids "grand" birthday parties and Christmas. I supported this man and his kids for 8 months and he felt I was a "nag". Grrrr.....just talking about it now sets me off even more. Ok, Im going to work and distract myself. Ill catch up later, lol.

dancerindenver 12-19-2012 08:13 PM

Nessa - wow, things sound tough on your end right now! Hang in there - we are here when you need support of course. I'd recommend keeping junk and treats out of the house for the next week or so to keep avoiding temptation a little easier.

Lindy - it is no fun to be accused of being a nag, especially when it's wildly unfair. I hope you guys can have a calm talk tonight and each talk about what was hard when he wasn't working and what's hard now.

Last night with my ex was great - no gifts yet - we are getting each other snorkel stuff (for our trip) when he gets back next week (his idea). He still wants to do dance classes, amazingly - not sure if/when that will happen. He's nowhere close to being ready to be in a serious relationship again so it's going to be tricky for a while. I may need to take a giant step back sometimes and get some distance.

Got in a walk in the park today (no run due to the spider vein treatment) and am walking to meet friends for a drink tonight.

Hope you all are doing well!

burgundyrayne 12-19-2012 09:50 PM

Dance-my avatar is from last year, just need that reminder. You amaze me. I'm so proud of how you are working. You'll look great on your vacation. How was the vein treatment today?
I'm all done with Christmas shopping have been for a while. Just gonna make a few bracelets.

Lindy-I'm sure you looked great in your outfit. You just have to remember, you are your own worst critic. Sorry to hear things are hard with your bf. I've been there, there have been many times when I've thought about packing up and moving back to Alabama but then I realize I've put 12 years into this relationship. Maybe there will be sparks again on the cruise. I know some time apart always helps me and the hubby. Do you have some friends you could go visit on weekend?? Sounds like you need some "me time" **hugs** I think its awesome we can share really anything with each other.

Neesa-its probably water weight and will come off once you are back in the gym.
So sorry about your grandfather. It is so hard to see them sick.

One more week of 30 day shred, yay. There have been days I haven't wanted to do it but pushed through. I'm so glad I did.

We are leaving Friday morning for Alabama. I'm excited and ready to go. I got all of our stuff packed today since ill be volunteering tomorrow. I need to do a little bit more cleaning and we'll be ready to go. My hubby has been sick, hope he's back to 100% by Friday. I'll try to check in as much as I can while we are down there. I need to be kept accountable. I have to do some form of exercise everyday.

dancerindenver 12-20-2012 11:48 AM

Burgundy - congrats on getting so far on 30ds - you are a workout rock star! Do you have healthy snacks for the car ride? I hope you do check in lots - I'm going to be super focused on workouts and staying on plan - would love to have someone to check in with in the next two weeks.

I'm down another pound today - really hoping I can make it to 171 by 1/1 although that's kind of a long shot. The veins the doctor worked on yesterday are totally gone - it's absolutely amazing. They felt a little bruised last night but they don't hurt this morning. It's a little weird wearing these compression stockings - they feel like tight leggings basically. This is my last day in the office until after the holidays - vacation time, here I come!

Lindy - how are you doing today? Did you have a chance to talk things through with your guy?

luckylindy 12-20-2012 12:27 PM

Hey chickadees!

Thank you for the support, I t was definately a pick me up today. I too am glad that I have you guys as part of my life to share my shortcomings and issues. It helps.

Dance - your plan for distance with your ex is a great idea. Since he is ready, you need to make yourself less accessible. What happened with the other dates you had lined up this week? How did the vein procedure go?

Burgundy - GREAT job the 30 day shred! Do you see any visible results? Thanks for sharing the stories with your relationship, it helps to know that I am not alone and I just need to breath sometimes. I am awful at relationships and more often than not, I throw in the towel quickly and am trying very hard not to do it this time because HIS kids are involved, just as much as my Gab.

Ok, girls, this is it. I leave work at 1 pm and I am off until Wednesday of next week. Things are incredibly busy around our household so I will not be checking in until after the holiday. Good luck staying on track and MERRY CHRISTMAS! Next year is our year to shed the pounds! *hugs*

dancerindenver 12-20-2012 10:58 PM

Lindy - we'll miss you for a few days - hope you have a fantastic holiday!! And that you get a chance to breathe. We are here if you need to vent anytime.

Vein treatment was great - I'll be glad to get back to running on christmas eve though. Fun to see such immediate results from a treatment.

No dates lined up - might see the fireman again after the holidays, we'll see. No word from my first date (other than some quick texts) - I think he gets back to town on xmas eve. No idea if he'll get in touch. The guy from last friday that I liked is crazy busy with work - not sure if I'll ever hear from him. Looks like I need to generate some more options. I've been emailing with one guy who's out of town until 1/3 - looking forward to meeting him.

Just got back from a chilly walk with a buddy. Doing pretty well sticking to plan so far today:
B: 4 slices bacon, 1/2 C blueberries
L: 6 pieces of nigiri (no rice), green salad
D: gyro meat, tsatsiki sauce, green beans

Hope you all are doing great...

Nessa131 12-22-2012 03:23 PM

Hey everyone! I thought i would check in real quick. We have been painting our whole house and i have been.making 2 wreaths for the front doors. And im trying to cook and get everything ready for our christmas tomorrow night! Plus wrap capones gifts so he can open some gifts too!! (well he pretty much just shreds the paper but its fun to watch.....and i dont have any kids so hes my kid!)

I actually havent.gained any so im happy. I hooe you all have a great Christmas and be safe in your travels!! Talk to yall after the holidays! Hopefully my life will slow down after them and i can get back on track!!

and thanks so much for all of the encouraging advice! Yall really do help out alot!! Dance- im so glad your dates are.going so well and way to go on the way you are doing things with the ex!! You will have him chasing you like crazy!!!!

Lindy- dont you just love it how you can say or suggest something and its always stupid. Then 2 or 3 days later when they forget u said it and they say it......its suddendly the best idea ever?? Lol i swear if we make it past this move i think we.will last many years to come! Lol

dancerindenver 12-22-2012 08:34 PM

Nessa - sounds like you are doing great on projects for the house. Too fun that you've got presents for your doggie - I bet he'll love them. And congrats on maintaining - nice job!

No new dates on the horizon - except with my ex when he gets back on thursday. Need to drum up some new options. There's a guy I've been writing that will be back in town on 1/3 - looking forward to meeting him but don't know when it will be and I have a bunch of work travel in Jan.

Veins are still healing up - got in 1.5 loops walking in the park today - will try to do the same again tomorrow. It's hard not to run for 5 days! Looking forward to a run on xmas eve though - strange how you get into the habit.

Hope you guys have a great holiday...

burgundyrayne 12-22-2012 10:22 PM

Dance-thanks, I am hating Jillian Michael's about now. I haven't been eating a lot in the car. We've been stopping for meals and I've been sticking to salads. You have 9 days to go for your mini goal, I'm sure you will rock it.

Lindy-thanks! There are some differences. I took pics on day 1 and 15. If I get brave on day 30, I might post them. Good luck with the bf.

Neesa-sounds like your holidays are jam packed. I got my pups Christmas gifts too. We gave them to them on the 1st since we aren't with them for Christmas. Bandit loves unwrapping presents too. Its so funny.

We've been taking our time getting to Alabama so I've done 30ds in 2 motel rooms. That's fun, lol. I didn't bring my weights so I've used bottles of water. At least I still did it. I wanted to go all the way today but the hubby decided he wanted to stop 3 hours away. Grrrrr.

5 days of 30ds left. I'm ready to do so e other form of exercise. It will be over soon enough and I will be glad I did it. I brought so e other DVDs and wii games for me and my sister to try.

I hope everyone has a merry Christmas. I'll try to check in whenever I can.

dancerindenver 12-23-2012 11:34 AM

burgundy - woooohoooo for 30ds in hotel rooms! I'm seriously impressed! I have a hard time working out in nice hotel gyms much less making myself workout in the room to a video - you are amazing. And great job on the salads.

Down one more today! :dance: I'm not sure I'll be able to lose 2 more in 9 days but whatever happens is okay - I'll take any progress ;)

I'm off for a walk in a bit and am having a bunch of family over for dinner so it will be a busy cooking day.

Hope you all are doing well...

dancerindenver 12-24-2012 10:59 AM

Hey girls! Hope you are all out having fun with your families.
Lost another pound today - not sure how or why but I'll take it. One more to go for my New Years' goal. Bathing suits still seem like a grim prospect but if I can get down another 10lbs by the time we go on our trip in Feb, that would be a big help.

Talked to my ex on the phone last night for an hour and a half. He's more in touch on this vacation with his family than he ever was when we were together. I'm really seeing some big changes in his behavior. He's nowhere near to being done working out his issues but it's nice to see progress.

Happy Holidays, girls!

luckylindy 12-26-2012 08:56 AM

Good morning girls!

It is December 26th and it is a new day for me! Woot woot! I am very much in the zone following the holidays and am ready to go hard. I have decided I am not getting on the scale though until I see changes in my CLOTHING, and I mean big changes, I feel like the scale keeps me prisoner and when I dont see a loss, I go off plan because Im like "oh well, no point in dieting". Anyway, I got a nutribullet for Christmas, so I am going to do smoothies for breakfast and lunch and then a sensible dinner.

For breakfast I did kale, chia seeds, banana and strawberries, it was yummy.

Congratulations to all you girls! You have truly motivated me. Dance with another pound down, Nessa maintaining through all that stress and Burgundy doing 30DS while traveling. There is absolutely NO reason I cannot stay on plan. :-D

Dance - I am really excited to hear the progress that your ex is making. What are your plans for NYE?

Ok, I have to catch up on work but Ill check in later.

luckylindy 12-26-2012 02:20 PM

Just checking in again. Did my smoothie for lunch and feeling ok. Mildly hungry so I will have to bring some healthy snack to munch on so I dont revert to vending machine garbage but day 1 is good. I went for my allergy shot and flu shot today and everytime I get my allergy shot, I feel super sleepy - not sure why, so Im struggling to get through the day. Plus its dead at work so that doesnt help.

Me and the DBF are doing pretty good these days (we have our moments) and had planned for a bike ride this evening, although the weather is pretty nasty out today so I may resort to Just Dance.