Old 01-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #256  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

No problem Caliyah. That's why we're here. We all need support.

Beaka, I follow the Primal Blueprint version. I add cheese and a little yogurt but no milk. It also allows a few baked potatoes. Some versions are a lot stricter, but I'm from a state with an abundance sweet potatoes. I would miss them.

My meals are pretty much low carb. For lunch yesterday we had baked whiting with a big salad that included mushrooms, radishes, carrots, walnuts, and sharp cheddar. I make a homemade dressing to go with it.

The biggest thing is being as natural as possible. That means not High fructose corn syrup, sugar, etc.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Mizzthingaling- That sounds cool. I'm low-carbing.

I ended up going out last night with a friend. I had a salad with salmon and no alcohol. Felt pretty good about that. These ladies right across from us had dessert. Just my luck! I gotta eat my salad and stare at pie and ice cream!

Weight loss has gone good this week, but I'm gonna wait until Wednesday (my weigh-in day) to change it.

Fatness- I'm ready to party when you reach the 100 lbs loss mark!

I know y'all have probably noticed I'm on here a lot lately. I'm trying to stay focused this time, so getting one here or doing something else productive really helps. I just finished making some meals for the week too- turkey meatloaf, mashed cauliflower, sauteed kale, turkey sausage patties ( I season lean ground turkey to taste like breakfast sausage), and chicken for lettuce wraps. Now I have NO EXCUSES for eating anything crazy this week.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #258  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

Beaka - I got this recipe from Food & Wine magazine but I made some low carb substitutions. I use sugar free syrup & Splenda instead of brown sugar and I left out the nuts and walnut oil.

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/m...ussels-sprouts
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

Well time to party! I made it to 178! I be hot skippy dog!

Iam in the gym now! Did 3 hrs.. I am going to have a drink to celebrate! I don't give a fart it's 10:59am ..lol drinks on me ladies!
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #260  
Finally in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatness View Post
:Well time to party! I made it to 178! I be hot skippy dog!
Congrats girlfriend! You are really doing the darn thing!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #261  

Chickieboom: Thanks for sharing the recipe! Looks good!

Fatness! Woop-woop!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #262  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaka View Post
Mizzthingaling- That sounds cool. I'm low-carbing.

I ended up going out last night with a friend. I had a salad with salmon and no alcohol. Felt pretty good about that. These ladies right across from us had dessert. Just my luck! I gotta eat my salad and stare at pie and ice cream!

Weight loss has gone good this week, but I'm gonna wait until Wednesday (my weigh-in day) to change it.

Fatness- I'm ready to party when you reach the 100 lbs loss mark!

I know y'all have probably noticed I'm on here a lot lately. I'm trying to stay focused this time, so getting one here or doing something else productive really helps. I just finished making some meals for the week too- turkey meatloaf, mashed cauliflower, sauteed kale, turkey sausage patties ( I season lean ground turkey to taste like breakfast sausage), and chicken for lettuce wraps. Now I have NO EXCUSES for eating anything crazy this week.
That's good! No excuses is the way to go! You can do it! I know you can! Keep up the good work and you will get there!
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #263  
Bobbie~Doll

S/C/G: 254/237/140

Hello ladies! I am so happy to have found this thread. Just getting started again...and got a long way to go but I am excited about joining this supportive community. Right now I am doing a cleanse but I am juggling between eating primal/paleo or going back to the south beach diet which was very successful for me in college. I will also be working out with my hunny, we are doing couch to 5k and I will be doing zumba more often. Any tips, suggestions, words of wisdom would be appreciated :-)
Bobbiedoll03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #264  
Finally in control.

Hey Bobbie...welcome! I started my Couch to 5k last week and I'm really liking it so far. I'll start my week 2 tomorrow morning. I did a run with my local Black Girls Run group too.

The only wisdom that I can impart is...keep at it. I wake up everyday and renew my commitment to living well.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #265  

Welcome, Bobbie!

ChickieBoom: I need to run with you!!!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:15 AM   #266  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Bobbie keep it up. There's a paleo thread around here as well.

Fatness, I am tardy for the party I am still elated for you. Go ahead now!

Diet has been so-so this week and so has weight loss. The good thing is I brought some vegetables and fruit and will be buying more next weekend. My mom and I are going to try to forgo meat for a week ala the Fat Smash diet. I have already roasted some root vegetables and will bake a few potatoes for on the go.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #267  
Finally in control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaka View Post
ChickieBoom: I need to run with you!!!
You are welcome to join me! Check out BlackGirlsRun.com and their DC Facebook page. They've got groups all over the country. I can't tell you how nice it was running with a big group of girls all committed to getting/being healthy!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #268  
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickieBoom View Post
You are welcome to join me! Check out BlackGirlsRun.com and their DC Facebook page. They've got groups all over the country. I can't tell you how nice it was running with a big group of girls all committed to getting/being healthy!
So true, Chickie. I joined a group in my area and I am excited

Things have been going good with me. I feel smaller but I decided I wont weigh in until Monday. Been a little stressed out because I'm getting a car and having to figure things out is tiresome. I called the dmv to ask about something and they are just rude for no reason. Sometimes I think they just do it because its like they have to be rude because well its the dmv. It feels like they do it because it is the culture of the place. Talk about peer pressure. But anyways ladies, wish me luck, hopefully I will have my nice ride within the next few days !!!
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #269  
Finally in control.

I'm so jealous energie! I would love a new car. Good luck! I feel like dealing with the DMV is a rite of passage. I always have good stories to tell after dealing with them.
Old 01-12-2013, 09:32 PM   #270  

Hey y'all! I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

energie- So happy for you! I got a car last year. It was a crazy process, but I'm so happy with the car I got. My Mom told me to get a car I loved, and that was the best advice ever... and now I'll be riding it until the wheels fall off!

ChickieBoom- I'm in the group and have run with them before. I mostly run with my Montgomery County running club