Old 12-18-2012, 12:07 PM   #226  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Chickie I understand that. I had it happen once. It was an eye opener to say the least. I'm going to check some out today. I am going to have to get a plan together for the Warrior Dash. There will be a lot of climbing and crawling, so my training needs to include more than running.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #227  
Finally in control.

S/C/G: 294/236/199

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post
Chickie I understand that. I had it happen once. It was an eye opener to say the least. I'm going to check some out today. I am going to have to get a plan together for the Warrior Dash. There will be a lot of climbing and crawling, so my training needs to include more than running.
Warrior Dash? That sounds hard core! Wow...very impressive. I need to put my Couch to 5K program on my calendar so that I don't keep putting it off. I love being outside and the weather has been really mild here.
ChickieBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Height: 5'10"

How's it going, ladies???

I'm still hovering at 208..... I have been trying to muster the motivation to go harder with my workouts, but it has been So. Hard. Lately. I haven't indulged in eggnog a single time this season. Usually, I drink eggnog like it's water and tell myself I have to stuff as much as I can down my gullet because it's seasonal. I haven't touched a drop yet this year and I think that's worthy of a pat on the back.... But lately I've been really wanting to celebrate with a pie. Give up one vice for another, huh??

I've been wanting to do a 5k... It's one of my goals for the new year. There's a Polar Bear Dip 5k happening in Virginia Beach in a couple of months I've been eyeing, but so far haven't found anyone willing to take the plunge with me.
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

hello sisters! Weight loss is so mental; I am about to start shooting off some heat!

When you think you are there; it kicks you back a pound or two! Grrrrr!

Hope you ladies are doing better then me! Hard week so far
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakilaulea View Post
How's it going, ladies???

I'm still hovering at 208..... I have been trying to muster the motivation to go harder with my workouts, but it has been So. Hard. Lately. I haven't indulged in eggnog a single time this season. Usually, I drink eggnog like it's water and tell myself I have to stuff as much as I can down my gullet because it's seasonal. I haven't touched a drop yet this year and I think that's worthy of a pat on the back.... But lately I've been really wanting to celebrate with a pie. Give up one vice for another, huh??

I've been wanting to do a 5k... It's one of my goals for the new year. There's a Polar Bear Dip 5k happening in Virginia Beach in a couple of months I've been eyeing, but so far haven't found anyone willing to take the plunge with me.
great job! willpower! I was at 208 for a while myself and I know you get pass it this week!
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi, Ladies! I hope everyone had a good holiday! I did, and I ate all the way through it!

I went to get some healthy groceries today and will be doing the 17 day diet with a friend. I've had success with it before. One of my guy friends wants to start back running next week. I'm scared to death! I haven't run in about 2 months. I might be passed out on the side of the trail.

I'm actually gonna get on the scale in the morning for a starting weight.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:32 PM   #232  
Finally in control.

Happy holidays everyone! I haven't been checking in here while I've been at home with my family but I wanted to say a quick hello.

The digital scale in my parents house is quite a bit different from my scale at home...so I have no idea if I'll make in to Onederland by NYE. I'm staying on plan though and eating like I have been eating so I'm not going to worry about it.

I hope you are all having a lovely holiday!
Old 12-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #233  

ChickieBoom: Really hope you lose that pound!!! Way to go in being so close to Onderland!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #234  
Golden

Hi all. Sorry I have been MIA. I've been sick and busy. I did have pie and pizza over the holidays, way off paleo. Sadly, the pizza wasn't even all that. As pricey as it was, it should have been.

I have been trying to figure out if I have enough time to train for the Warrior Dash. There are a lot of obstacles and climbing. I may do a regular 5k first.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #235  

Mizzthingaling- I think you can do it. My first race was Run Amuck, which is similar. People at all levels of fitness participate for fun. If you have a supportive friend to do it with, I say go for it.

I'm on Day 2 of the 17 Day Diet. Also thinking about my goals for the year. I want to get all of my plans written down before 2013 gets here.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:18 PM   #236  
Golden

Beaka, I may just do it. I am going to add the weeks up to make sure I have enough time. I am writing my plans down as well. I know my first goal already but I need to working on milestones for exercise and weight. I also have some strength goals to work on.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #237  

Mizzthingaling- Glad you have a plan and are motivated for the new year!

Happy new year to all! What are you all's plans for 2013? Let's try to go ahead and reach these goals this year!!!

Old 01-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #238  
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 178/142.6/120

Height: 5'6.5

My main goal is to get to 120 by April/May of this year. I also want my 5k time to be 22 minutes or less by then. Id also like to gain some upper body strength. What are everyone elses goals?
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #239  
Golden

I want to lose 60 pounds.

I plan to do 2 5ks this year. The first is one up the street and it is a hilly one. The other I am doing the Color Run with my friends and sister. I have gotten them all to agree so I've got to practice.

I also want to gain more upper body strength and do 19 sessions of Callanetics.

Happy New Year all!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:41 AM   #240  
Finally in control.

Happy New Year everyone! I'm starting my Couch to 5K training today. I would like to reach my healthy goal weight by June and get more physically active.