Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 10:05 PM   #76  
Woman on a Mission

Well Meigg, I think you know what's best for you and it does sound like you are getting the short end of the deal. You know what you are worth and it doesn't sound like your boss does. That was an awfully big salary cut and I'm a bit surprised by his seeming reluctance to talk to you about the long term plan.

good luck and don't get discouraged.

well i'm just taking a study break tonight so I better get back at 'er. Hope you all had a great day and I'll try to pop in tomorrow. Time seems to be flying by this week...

Take care and hi to All.

Pam
Old 01-21-2003, 10:26 PM   #77  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies...Pam i watched "Taking it Off" last night..did you? i was wondering if you were on your treadmill like i was is it on more than once a week only it said week 5 and i've only seen 3 that 46yr old woman is a hoot..i don't know her name. She cracks me up with her husky voice chatting up the personal trainers she made me laugh when she told the dietician that she could'nt have just one beer a day but she's doing it!!
I 'walked' 2 miles yesterday and 4 today i've kinda lost my oomph at the moment..i'll blame it on the lousy weather i want the sun back eating more than i should will have to try harder tomorrow.

Last edited by cat90; 01-21-2003 at 10:29 PM.
Old 01-21-2003, 10:43 PM   #78  
Woman on a Mission

You bet I watched it from my treadmill ...I laughed my butt off when she called that pretty boy trainer a "slip and tickle kind of guy". She's quite a riot. This is only the 3rd time it's been on so they must do a show in elapsed time so that it won't run the full 26 weeks on Life. I think next week's espisode will be a bit of an emotional one as they'll be talking to Malcolm's son (he's the really big fellow) I always tear up when I hear how cruel kids can be.

You girls will be so proud of me. Not only did I come down for a 20 minute quick treadmill work out, I also stayed totally OP and even got my two hours of studying done tonight. I tried to take the dogs for their walk but it's too darn cold out there. Poor little guys only stand 10 inches tall and we've got 8 inches of snow so you can imagine the treck they've got everytime I drag them out there. I'd hate to read their minds these days
Old 01-21-2003, 11:00 PM   #79  

Where is this "taking it off" show? It sounds great - let me know what channel. I have a satellite so I get almost every channel.

Dan and I bought a deep fryer, and he made me wings tonight. He used to be a chef at a restaurant, so he is a great cook (okay, he makes other things other than wings!). Anyway - they were SOOOO good - and they are a part of Atkins.

I feel great - tomorrow I am going to try and join the gym.

Sammy - great job staying on track today - one day at a time!!!

Cat - don't worry, just try and get back on tomorrow. It is okay to take a break for one day, just try not to make it a habit (like I have!)

Hope you all have a great night!

Meg
Old 01-22-2003, 09:26 AM   #80  

Hi Ladies

It is so good to read all the post and feel all the motovation! WAY TO GO LADIES, We are doing it! One day at a time -

Meg is right Cat, don't let one bad day get to you, think of all the good days you have had and jump right back in! You can do it. About the game "Cranium" It isn't just acting things out - they have four boxes of cards and all different catagories. As you move around the board and land on different colors it determines what box your card comes from - There is answering true or false question, some multiple choice, some just answering questions. and there is sculpting with play dough for your partner to guess, drawing for your partner to guess and even humming or whistling a tune for your partner to guess. Something different every turn! Never a dull moment!

Meg it sounds like you have really taken to this diet and are doing so well with it. Keep up the good work!

I have to go now. It's going to be a busy day, but I already did my 2 miles on the treadmill. Hi to anyone I missed and good luck for an op day!

Last edited by Grandma G; 01-22-2003 at 09:28 AM.
Old 01-22-2003, 09:59 AM   #81  

I watched Taking off Pounds the other night too. I love that they are doing the show but it seemed to me that it is a show done by skinny people about people struggling with their weight.

I would really like them to show more of the struggle cuz it sort of seemed to me that they were not that empathetic to folks. I thought it kind of came off like "its their own fault or they don't have the stick withitness to lose weight. Maybe I am just a little sensitive about the issue.

I love the woman who is just who she is and has a great sense of humor about this weight loss struggle. Cool trainer she decided on.

Well, I am back on track. I went to WW and was down 4 pounds. It certainly gave me the boost I needed to work harder and stay on track.

We are headed for Toronto for the Gift Show tonight and back on Sunday. Hotel and restaurant food will be a challenge but I am going to try to even be down .25 of a pound.

Pam you sound like you are motivated on all counts right now. Good job!

Meg, good luck with the job hunt. When we are on a roll there is no telling what we can to.

Cat, Grandma, Dahlia way to go sticking to that exercise. Sometimes I can only be commited to one part of this process but if I do keep it up, I eventually get all the other parts in line - eating properly, drinking water and exercise. Some days it is enough to do my brain in

Have a good weekend everyone and I will check in when we are back.

Karie
Old 01-22-2003, 10:27 AM   #82  

Talking Oh, my goodnes!!!

I weighed in today, and I weigh 179.5!!!!! I haven't been able to get below 180 in like 2 years!!!!! I am not changing my signature until I weigh 179. My next goal will be 170!

Just wanted to let you know!
Old 01-22-2003, 10:48 AM   #83  
Woman on a Mission

Good Morning,

Karie, great job on the loss! Whew you go girl! Have fun in TO and hope the new idea works out for you.

I have to agree with you on this series of the show. I really found the series before this one to focus more on the people themselves. There was alot of "me camera" time and they all really spoke about what they were feeling on the inside. I felt more of a "connection" with the last set but am hopeful that as time goes on I will feel more of a bond with the new set of people on the series. Each week they focus on different members of the group and their journey.

Meigg I'm so proud of you! That is a great feeling and I can't wait to celebrate with you when you hit 179 which I know will be soon! Keep up the great work.

Good Morning Grandma G..hope you find some "you" time amidst your hectic schedule.

Cat and everyone else I've not said good morning to...consider this your friendly little wake up call. Let's all have a great day and I'll check back in later. It's so darn cold here this morning. -41 at the airport and -32 at our house. I just hope the wind stays down today. Brrr..

Pam
Old 01-22-2003, 01:41 PM   #84  
Gym'll fix it!!

Morning Ladies i just found out i'm a GRANDMA my first grandchild..the new addition is a girl "Olivia Nicole" I'll be shopping later for baby clothes..going to spoil her rotten i told my daughter i would have to start knitting..she told me i'm too young to be a grandma

Meg..congrats on the weightloss..you too Karie

Pam..did you hear the trainer tell 'that woman' that you should be able to bench press your OWN weight
<- thats just what her face was like! she said "you mean i should be able to press 160lbs? are you sure it's only on once a week? because i watched it on sunday morning and then when you mentioned that you were going to watch it that night i checked the listings and it was on here at 6pm Monday, so i watched it and it was a new one i'll be keeping track from now on..don't want to miss any

Last edited by cat90; 01-22-2003 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:23 PM   #85  
Ginny

Hello ladies,

Cat90 (*CONGRATULATIONS*) on being a grandma... it is a great phase to be in.. you go girl, spoil her only like a grandma can do....

Meigg, good going on the weight loss... Karie you too. I love Toronto,, why are you going to a food show? are you in the business? anyway sounds like fun...I liked the underground mall... the whole place was so neat... want to go back some day...

It is cold here too, I thought 9 degrees with a chill factor of -8 was bad... Pam.. how do you stay warm... especially since there is so little of you....

I just came home from running errands and a business luncheon... I had a oriental salad and a cup of decaf coffee. I did so good, and only had a small bowl of cheerios for breakfast.. and after runn ing or should say sliding around on my errands, I actually feel exhilerated,, glad to be back home to warm up.. but I feel good. Yesterday, I didn't post cause I was so depressed... and ready to just crawl in a hole... getting out helped... I need contact with people....

So you all better keep posting, cause somedays, you ladies are all I have to keep me going...

Everyone I missed, hello and hope you're having an op day... and keeping warm...to bad we can't burn off more fat keeping warm...

Dahlia

My little ones are coming over for a spell this evening... more fun time...
Old 01-22-2003, 02:43 PM   #86  
Gym'll fix it!!

Dahlia..glad you're outta that hole and feeling better i know that feeling all too well especially the "you ladies are all i have to keep me going" bit i love logging in to read how you are all doing Brrr...i'm glad i'm not living where you and Pam live i'm chilly in the house and its 68* just looked at the weather channel and its 5* now reaching 9* later (and raining).
Old 01-22-2003, 10:42 PM   #87  
Woman on a Mission

Dahlia, hugs to you! I'm so glad you're feeling better today but I know what you mean about "crawling into the hole." It's a rough feeling but I hope you know we're here for you. I know I don't get online every day but if you want my email address just send me a private message and I'll be there for you when things just feel rough. You girls are such a blessing to me and I'm so glad we're all posting more often. it makes me feel more grounded.

Cathy, Cathy, Cathy....a Grandma??!!! That's so exciting! I'm so glad that the arrival of Miss Olivia was safe and sound. I can't wait to see a picture of her. I just know you'll have so much fun outfitting the little Miss ala Joan Collins Congratulations to you and enjoy it!

Well today was another good day. I did well eating, got another hour and a half of homework done and got my personal binder filled with my weight loss journey pictures. Do any of you have something like that? I put a big binder together full of motivational / inspirational articles, pictures, measurement tracking, recipes. I find when I'm starting to get really down I pull out the binder and read through it. It helps.

Well it's freezing cold again! Wind chills of -39 celsius. Yuck. it's supposed to snow tomorrow so I'm sure it'll warm up again a bit. I don't know how to convert it to farenheit (sp) but trust me when I say Brrr...They say exposed skin will freeze in less than 3 minutes if left exposed. We've given up walking the dogs for now. Poor little tykes. I'd like to get them into little booties but I can well imagine how well that'd go over

My parents are coming up tomorrow for the weekend so I'm not sure how much time I'll get on line but I'll try to check in.

Hugs to you all and I'll see you later,

Pam
Old 01-23-2003, 09:47 AM   #88  

Hi Ladies.

I know just what you are going through over there in Canada, we in Northern NY are experiencing the same thing only in farenheit, and I don't know how to convert it either. But tuesday night it was 20 below 0 with a wind chill of 30 something below and yesterday it never got above 0 during the day. The wind was so bitter all day I just wanted to stay in but we had commitments so had to get out. In fact it is still below 0 and snowing. What weather - I am ready for a January thaw, but they tell us not to expect it any time soon! Dahlia, perhaps what you were experiencing is what we refer to as CABIN FEVER - It is very prevalent here at this time of the year. Getting out of the house is the cure.

Yesterday, we came by my sons house and noticed his dog (a yellow lab mix) was outside and saw no one was home. When we stopped at the post office to get the mail he came running down the hill and sat their looking at me so sad, so I said to my dh, go back up the hill and I will let him in. When he backed up to turn so he could go back up the hill, the dog knew we were going to let him in and he got so excited he just ran up the hill barking like crazy and wagging all over. He was so excited we thought we were going to end up running over him trying to get back to his house. In this kind of weather it is so important to make sure the pets are in before leaving for work!
In this case he probably hadn't been out that long because my son's house is also his office and his secretary is usually there but she had probably just gone to the bank or something and would have been back soon!

Well Cat, CONGRATULATIONS GRANDMA - your first grandchild, what a thrilling experience. My first grandchild, a granddaughter is 19 and still very special to us. No matter how many grandchildren you have or how much you love all of them, the first still holds a special place in your heart! ENJOY

Meg, you are doing so well, I can feel your excitement in getting below 180, when you have been trying so long and finally do it, it makes you want to work even harder. It wont be long before you will get to 179 and even to 170 - KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Karie, good work, congratulations on the new commitment and the results. You are ready now to repeat your success of last year. I can feel it = KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Pam and Cat, great job with the exercise. I am still working the treadmill every day too, By inspiring each other we can do this. I never believed I would do it, but I haven't missed a day yet this year, and I am determined not too!

I have also been good I haven't stepped on the scale this week. Tomorrow is weigh in day - wish me luck, I hope it has moved downward - I HOPE - I HOPE.

Hi to anyone I missed - Good luck to all of us for an op day
Old 01-23-2003, 11:06 AM   #89  

Hey everybody!

Grandma - thanks for the words of encouragement!

Pam - I am in Chicago - -22 with the wind chill today. What a nightmare! Your book sounds great - I think I will put one together also. It sounds like a good thing to have around when you need inspiration.

Cat - congrats on being a grandma!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you really are interested in knitting (I knit), I would be happy to recommend a book of really easy knits for children that are ABSOLUTELY adorable. I made 1 for a baby shower, and everyone said it was the best gift given that day. Let me know and I can email you the info.

Well, I am starting to branch out on Atkins. Last night I made a low-carb hot cocoa. I had to make it from scratch with cream, water, unsweetened cocoa powder and splenda. I actually had to cook it in a saucepan and everything. It was good though - a little too chocolatey, but good.

Today is my company's xmas party (we were too busy in December). We are going to a bar and bowling. The LAST thing I want to do is be out with these people. 2 hours and I am out of there!

Well ladies, let's all stay warm!

Meg
Old 01-24-2003, 01:29 AM   #90  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies..no exercise for me today i was in too much of a hurry to get to the mall to buy my grand-daughter some outfits (ala Joan Collins ) i enjoyed it so much..could'nt find any baby stilletto's tho' Pam she will have to make do with bootee's

Meg..i had to when you said that you'd made hot chocolate from scratch it sounds so funny..when i was a little girl that was the only way we made it..i remember boiling the milk on the stove..i alway's used to try and catch it before it formed a skin on top..i hated that : the only time i do that now is if i have the occasional cup of Ovaltine Hope the "christmas party" was'nt too bad.
Closed Thread