Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 11:33 AM   #31  
Gym'll fix it!!

I'VE GOT A NEW ATTITUDE ooh ooh..ooh ooh ooh i just love the new Jenny ad it's got me pumped and YAAAYY i did exercise last night..3 miles on my treadmill..i'm gonna try a tape today but not the FIRM because i'll end up looking like this and the amazons will be doing this
Old 01-07-2003, 12:07 PM   #32  
Woman on a Mission

Cathy you seriously crack me up You go girl! Great job on the treadmill.

Pam
Old 01-07-2003, 05:23 PM   #33  

Hi Ladies,

Way to go Cat, 3 miles on the treadmill When you exercise you really exercise. Think what would happen with the scales if you commit to doing that every day. WOW. I thought I was doing great at a mile and a half. Of course for me it is great, so I am happy with it! I love your sence of humor!

Yes Pam, I am still using my paintings for a visual. The last couple of days I have been studying a painting I am working on that is nearly finished. That is how I decide what still needs to be done and how I know when it is finished. My mission in life, other then my family is to create paintings that bring to people the beauty and history of our great country. Most of the commission paintings I have done have been creating other peoples dreams and memories. It is such a challenge to do that, but so rewarding. The greatest feeling is when a client says to me, "that is exactly what I had in mind." My current painting, not a commission is based on an old black and white photograph and is of a big stone house built in 1819. It is part of the history of our town and the site of the first town board meeting. The scene is of a beautiful fall day, with the trees in full fall color and the grass still green is littered with falling leaves. Out in the front stands a man dressed in a dark suit and three ladies in long white dresses, and near a tree sits a yellow cat. The reason I put the yellow cat in the painting is based on a story we were told a couple years ago when we went to a party at the "stone mansion", given by the present owners in honor of some of the decendents of the original owners. The decendents told about a yellow cat that lived in the house and always slept in a large glass bowl that sat on the piano, then proceded to present the very bowl to the current owners with a stuffed yellow cat in it (not a real cat) with a request that it remain with the house. I plan to have prints made of this painting and write the history of the house so a copy can go with each print. This is the third painting in my historical home series. I think it will be the last in this series.

Sorry I got carried away, hope I didn't bore you to death!

Meg you are doing so well with your new diet. Congratulations on the weight loss. Good luck with it!

Dahlia, I hope your son continues to improve. I bet you will be glad to get back on the treadmill. In spite of my hurting feet and ankles, I feel much better after exercising. And it is working. I have already lost 2 lbs of what I gained over the holidays. Only 1 more to go and I will be back where I was before Christmas!

Good luck everyone for an op day tomorrow, and hi to anyone I missed.
Old 01-07-2003, 08:40 PM   #34  
Gym'll fix it!!

he-he glad you had a giggle...i ate way to much today but i got lots of cleaning done and i did a 50 min exercise tape this morning and another 3 miles on the treadmill this afternoon i'll have to make sure i do something first thing like Grandma does otherwise its fatal i get online and that's it..end of story.
Old 01-09-2003, 01:55 PM   #35  
Gym'll fix it!!

Come out..come out..wherever you are i walked for 4 miles yesterday and 'rode' for 30 minutes on my exercise bike i thought why sit on the sofa and watch the bold and the beautiful when i can 'ride' still eating too much tho'
Old 01-09-2003, 02:28 PM   #36  
Woman on a Mission

Hey Cathy, little steps at a time. Soon the exercise will become routine and then the eating will fall into line.

I too am still eating too much but it's not junk food right now. I'm still sticking to between 25-30 points per day for the most part. I'm just trying focusing on maintaining right now and not obsessing over points or that guilty feeling from being a point over. AFter awhile I think that's what gets me down is then I feel like a failure. So right now the focus is just a healthier lifestyle with healthier choices and upping the activity by taking the dogs for a bit of a longer walk or parking farther away at the mall. We'll see how it goes.

Meigg, how are you making out so far? I hope it's all going well for you with the new program.

Grandma G, you are doing so well too. I love to hear about your painting. It makes me wish you lived closer to me. I'd love to commission you to paint a portrait of our dogs for my husband. I'm far too attached to the dogs I know You sound as though you love what you do so much that I know that joy reflects in your work.

Karie, where the heck are you at girl? Hope all is well in Cowtown. Come out and say hi?

Hi to all I've missed. I'll check in later,

Pam
Old 01-10-2003, 09:53 AM   #37  

Hi Ladies,

Where is everyone - We need you all! Karie, Dahlia, Lisa, and anyone else who might be lurking.

Pam, you are right I do love my work. A couple years ago we remodeled a room upstairs in our home to be a studio and I bought a north light to work under. With a corner for a framing center. Before I always painted at a big old desk in my Gallery (dining room), downstairs without a good light and not much room. Yet for some reason I still haven't settled into my new studio. I used to spend hours a day painting, now I haven't been taking much time with it. The fact that my husband retired hasn't helped either. We spend so much time running the roads, traveling and working on historical projects. I help him with all his town historian duties. Of course my current series of paintings blends well. I made up my mind not to accept any more commissions so I could paint only what I wanted to, but I am having a terrible time saying no to people. Doing commissions helped me so much to grow as an artist - I tried things I never would have thought of on my own. And accomplishing their idea is always a thrill. Once a women asked me to paint her back porch as a gift for her neice who spent a lot of time there as a child. I was doubtful it would make a good painting, but I did it and it turned out to be a great painting, one of my favorite's and her neice loved it. Now this same women wants me to paint a special tree for her other neice. Here I am getting carried away again!

Pam you are doing so well, and learning how to maintain is just as important as losing, because if we don't learn that and just gain it back we have wasted our time dieting and yo yo dieting is as dangerous to the health as staying overweight is.

Cat, I am so proud of you. When you exercise you don't fool around. I wish I could do that! You are inspiring me to incorporate some work on my exercise bike into my day. I haven't used that much lately. I am still doing my treadmill and haven't missed a day. But I still need to do it when I first get up before breakfast.

I too seem to be eating more then I should. I have been munching during the evenings. I try to keep to things that are low in calories and good for me, but I need to stop doing it anyway because even that adds up. On the Ophra show they had a guest on that said you should not eat after 7:00 in the evening. If with your lifestyle that is not possible then stop eating at least 2 hours before you go to bed. The guest also said that that hungry feeling you get in your stomach later in the evening was when your body was getting into the fat reserves and you should welcome that feeling and not feed it. Because when you feed it you keep yourself from losing. That makes sense and I am trying to remember that, and not eat!

Well I had better be an angel and do well today because we have another banquet tomorrow. The last of our holiday parties. More temptation!

Hi to anyone I missed and good luck for an op day
Old 01-10-2003, 11:29 AM   #38  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies..Another 3 miles on Treadmill..20 mins on exercise bike and 10 mins Pilates..(well..trying Pilates ) yesterday.Weighed in this morning with a 1.5lbs loss the exercise alway's does it for me..regardless of if i watch what i eat..good job really it's almost 8.30am so i think i'll get up there and start doing something

169.5/168/130

Last edited by cat90; 01-10-2003 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:41 AM   #39  

Default Hey everyone!

Atkins has been going great. Although I have been overdoing it on the cheese (my favorite food), so I haven't seen a real loss. I also have been drinking coffee and I am working on switching to decaf. I had also lowered all my bipolar medications, and I think because I am metabolizing food differently, I had a manic episode (first one since 1999). I felt it coming on, and took a bunch of pills. I am now back where I was before, but not upset about it. I will try messing with them again later.

I am also joining the gym this weekend.

Gotta go!
Old 01-10-2003, 04:48 PM   #40  
Gym'll fix it!!

Did an assortment of exercise tapes this morning for about an hour and another 3 miles on my treadmill..hope i can keep this up i feel like i can because i'm actually starting to look forward to doing it in the mornings
Old 01-11-2003, 11:25 AM   #41  

Hi Ladies,

I just finished my walk on the treadmill and I am slowly inching my way up, I went 1 and 6.8 tens of a mile today. I hope soon to be up to 2 miles a day! Can you believe it. If anyone had told me just a couple of months ago to walk 2 miles a day, I would have said "ya right! are you crazy". I just hope those scales will start moving soon. I know I've lost 2 lbs but it was only weight I gained over Christmas, so I still haven't made real progress. I wont do that again, no more cheating!! It's not worth it.

Good job Meg. Sorry to hear about the problem with you meds, that makes things so much more complicated. Good luck with the gym.

Cat, what an inspiration you are! You make me want to do more and more each day. I can't really say I look forward to it but it is becoming a habit. I don't try to get out of doing it. I will settle for that.

: Hi to Karie, Lisa, Dahlia, Floridachick and anyone else I missed, come on back, we need you - Good luck to every one for an op day

COME ON EVERYONE - LETS EXERCISE!
Old 01-11-2003, 01:06 PM   #42  
Gym'll fix it!!

Morning Ladies

Grandma..Great Job! I'm glad that i'm giving you the urge to go just that bit further you'll be up to 2 miles in no time
You should see me today i can hardly move i sure worked those thigh muscles yesterday because they don't want to move today i'll sort them out tho' a brisk walk on my treadmill later will loosen 'em up

Where is everyone? Locked in the Gym? Come on Ladies..tell us what you're up to
Old 01-11-2003, 05:42 PM   #43  
Woman on a Mission

Oh lord my body is aching a wee bit today Hubby and I have stripped the wall paper and border out of the spare room, painted the ceiling and applied the primer. All that's left to do is the coat of paint tomrrow and my new home office is ready to have my new desk installed. I'm hoping happier surroundings and a more productive work space will get me more into my school work. Here's hoping.

have done horrible with food the past two days but have earned some decent activity points with the painting. My weight was down slightly today but for the most part I take it as a maintain. I'm happy.

Cat hope you're feeling better and that you have your thighs sorted out

Take care all and I'll check back in tomorrow.

Pam
Old 01-12-2003, 09:25 AM   #44  
Gym'll fix it!!

Pam..i feel like you..a wee bit sore i did'nt exercise yesterday unless you count stacking firewood well..i did i will go on my treadmill today if nothing else..Hope the new home office has the desired effect what colour is it? if anyone is doing any home improvements i would recommend yellow..i did one of the spare bedrooms in that colour and everytime i look or go in it i smile don't know why can't help it..the whole room glow's.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:49 PM   #45  
Gym'll fix it!!

Yaaaay! I walked 5 miles today so i think i made up for missing yesterday..i've had a nice hot shower and thighs work again
Closed Thread