Old 02-13-2011, 06:18 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 203.5/173.0/140

Height: 5'3"

fillupthesky-- Whatever your "life issues" were, I hope they get resolved peacefully. It's so hard to lose weight with problems coming at you left and right, but I'm sure that you'll be able to blast right through them. Your perseverance will pay off! Yes, don't overdo it... It's better to take one step forward at a time than to shoot forward and then have to stomp the brakes like a teenaged driver
dcapulet-- Awesome! It's great that you have committed to starting on a certain day. Planning is key to making sure you have time to run. I'm excited for when you begin the program
takingcontrol: Welcome aboard!!! We're really glad to have you. That's wonderful that you persevered and ran through your hangover -- the first few days were hard enough on me; I can't imagine doing it like that. Kudos to you! Stick with it; those changes will come and they will look awesome in high heels!
As for me, I start Week 7 tonight. That's three 25-minute runs, but since I did one last week, I know it's not impossible. Sure it will still be difficult, but I'm excited. Only 5 more minutes added to my workout and I'll be running for 30! It's a lovely thought. In other news, I'd been deliberating on whether to sign up for an actual 5k or just run it on the treadmill for personal accomplishment. I'm from a small town, so I thought we only had one of those races a year (mid-August). I came out of the gym on Friday and there was a flier for the 1st Annual Springtime Scramble. It's 20 bucks to sign up, and all of the proceeds go to a charity that I often volunteer for. The problem is that it's outside. I've never run outside, and it's in mid-April. I'm set to finish the program at the beginning of March, but that still gives me only a month and a half to increase my speed to a respectable pace and actually learn to run on pavement... not to mention my shin splints. I just don't know whether I should sign up or not. I don't want this to be one of the "what ifs" in my life, but I also don't want to injure myself. Having a hard time making the decision :/
Our Lady Bonbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:40 AM   #32  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome OLB Well, i just did the week one plan again today and wow how much easier it is without a hangover is hilarious! Yeah I broke into a sweat and got my heart rate up, but, I felt no where near dying like yesterday!

I've decided to move onto week two tomorrow (have done week one three times, but my week change over should be Thurs, however, I'm away for a long weekend roadtrip straight after work thurs so want to get in a week two before I go),

I'm hoping the transition from week one to two should be pretty OK, but am already fearing the later weeks, good luck all
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #33  

Did the first day of week two today and again found it pretty easy, I extended the last run for as long as I comfortably could and only added about another minute to it, so it shows I still very much need this programme to get me up to anywhere near 30 mins jogging. So, I'm going to stick with it and enjoy the extra cardio in my workout week, I'm ready for the pain in later weeks!
Old 02-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Hello everyone! I just started week one this past friday. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be other than the muscles that are screaming at me and my knees. Today they are being a little nicer. I push my jogger stroller and get so many smiles from people when they see me being overweight jogging with it. I live on a island and have beautiful trails 2 of my favorite on enclosed by trees but has many hills that is 2.3 miles and one along the water that is 6 miles total and has very little hills, more flat than anything. I just tell myself the pain will go away.
kleemandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:08 PM   #35  

Hi Kleemandy,

Good luck with the programme It's nice to have someone in almost the same place as me on it posting on here, we'll get to the end together I'm sure! Your trails sound beautiful, wayyyyyyyyy better than my living room for training in!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:53 AM   #36  

How's everyone getting on? I'm doing my last session of week 2 tomorrow, and then it's onwards and upwards.....!

Still finding it pretty easy, but can't imagine 30 mins of jogging yet, it'd kill me right now!
Old 02-25-2011, 12:28 AM   #37  
Calorie Counter-Runner

S/C/G: 309/158/164

Height: 5'8

Just popping in to say hello and introduce myself. I love Running and I started out when I was obese, here I am just 13 months after starting to run and training for a Marathon, 14 non stop miles being my longest run so far, with 15 miles this week.

You have questions or need help, feel free to message me! I did not use the c25k program but instead just always exercised for 3 miles each time I ran/walked. I would just run/walk interval the entire 3 miles. With time *about 3 months for me* I ran the entire thing and was so much stronger.

Good Luck and YOU Can Do this !
twinmommaplusone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #38  

Wow! It's great to see some more activity on this thread, ladies!
Takingcontrol--Well, it looks like you're making great progress; keep up the good work and update us often
klemandy-- :Welcome: to the club! We're so glad to have you here. I admire you for running outside; I haven't reached that level of awesomeness yet, but you inspire me!! Ooh-- you're lucky to live somewhere you have accessible trails. Keep up the great work!
twinmommaplusone--Welcome to the thread! Thank you for stopping in; it's great to see an experienced runner here with all of us newbies. Your story is very inspirational; as I near the end of the program, I find myself liking running more and more. . . and considering taking it further than just 3 miles. Who knows? In about a year I might be right there with you!
Everyone: Sooo... Here's an update on my progress... or regress, as some might see it. After week 6, I got what I thought was a bad cold that I couldn't kick, and I made the decision to take a week off the program. Then, I started week 7 the next week, despite the cold that I still couldn't seem to get rid of. I seriously felt like I was going to die, but I pushed through it When the cold persisted all week, I went to the doc. Turns out, that wasn't a cold! It was bronchitis that had worked its way into pneumonia, so that explains why I was so tired and out of breath!!! I was given 3 lovely prescriptions and am now feeling SO much better... and pumped about starting week 8 tonight. This has been such a wonderful journey so far, and I'm so glad I have you ladies to talk to about it
Old 02-28-2011, 07:20 AM   #39  

Did Day one of week 3 today, and wow, the difference between the 1.5min runs and even three was a bit of a shock to my system! Ended up adding an extra 3 mins jogging onto the end of the workout, and it near killed me, but hey, I didn't stop!

Loving teh programme, but still can't envisage ever running for a long time period, we'll see!
Old 02-28-2011, 10:44 AM   #40  

Congrats! Yeah, the three-minute ones seemed killer at that point in the program. Have confidence, though, that you can do it!
Yesterday, I ran day 1 of week 8. . . that's 28 minutes straight! It was really rewarding to do it, and I slept like the dead last night!
Old 02-28-2011, 10:49 AM   #41  

Yeah, guess I just need a little more faith!

For tomorrow I plan to do a workout dvd I haven't done for a couple of weeks that does minute cardio intervals throughout, they used to be so hard, I'm hoping I see an improvement in my ability to complete them, I'd be well chuffed with that!

Then w3d2 on Weds and again on Fri and Sat/Sun too, just to make sure I'm ready for the next stage!

Well done on your 28 mins, that's awesome!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #42  

Wow, woman! You're on fire. I can't wait to hear how your dvds went. Good luck on Friday and Saturday with your running; you can do it!
Thank you! I'll finish week 8 tonight, then week 9 starts on Sunday for me... I won't be running 5k by the end of the program, but at least I'll still be running!

Good luck, everyone!
Old 03-04-2011, 06:54 AM   #43  

How come you won't be running 5km by the end? Because of speed? I'm sure when you get to 30mins straight you'll slowly be able to increase your tempo next? It's still a dream to me!

Well, I fell off the wagon again mid week! After an amazing dvd workout on Tuesday, where I finally learnt what pushing myself actually means and although half dead, felt so good after it though! I ended up aching quite a bit on Weds, but it was bearable until I managed to bruise the sole of my foot at work, which meant no running on Weds night. I ended up going out for drinks and having rather a lapse in self control ,whoops! Far too many gins later, I was a mess on Thursday, both hungover and in AGONY in my thighs from the workout on Tuesday. So, day two with no exercise. Also thanks to hangover munchies, I ate way too much too.

Today, ended up snacking again, which isn't good. To compensate I'm not allowed treats this weekend, I've had my share of them midweek this week.

But, managed to get back on the exercise, and not only did I do week 3 day two, I added a six minute run on the end, which completely shocked me, in a good way!

So tomorrow or Sunday I plan to move onto week four, and keep moving onwards and upwards

Good luck for week nine on Sunday
Old 03-11-2011, 10:16 PM   #44  

An apology in advance for the novel . . .
Sorry it's taken so long for me to get back with you, takingcontrol. Life has been pretty crazy for the past week!! Yes, it's for speed reasons. I'm a shortie with a big torso and little legs, so speed (or lack thereof) is my issue. For most of the program, my "running" speed was 4.5 miles/hour. However. .
I just completed C25K running at 4.7 mph!!

WOW! What awesome workouts... and I'm sorry to hear about your hard time... That bruised foot had to hurt, and I know all about how easy it is to let snacking get to you But I'm so proud of you for hopping right back on the wagon and totally beasting that last run. Six extra minutes??!! You're amazing! Let me know how your running went this week-- I'm excited to hear about your progress.
As for me, I'm just excited to have stuck with the program for all 9 weeks. IT CAN BE DONE!! It's so good to know that I've stuck with an exercise program longer than I've ever stuck with one before... and I won't stop running! I'll still run 3-4 times a week, increasing my speed for the big race in April. Then, who knows? I might embark on b210k. I'll still be hanging around this thread, though, to hear about how your progress goes.
As for EVERYONE ELSE on this thread, where/how are you??! If obstacles got in the way of the program for you, tell us about it! Sometimes it feels good to talk about what got you down, and how you're going to get back up again. If you've decided not to continue with c25k, do you have any plans to continue with a different exercise program? Let us know, ladies!
Old 03-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #45  

OLB, well done on finishing the programme

I'm in week 5 now, will be doing day two tomorrow, and finally moving outta my front room onto the track at the local gym. Doing it as a birthday present, to say to myself I WILL still be running next birthday The big 20 min run is on weds, if tomorrow goes ok, will be doing that on the track too, we'll see lol