Old 10-01-2009, 08:39 AM   #1  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Default Ooof duh - The Worldlies Find Themselves in October Already

That was my thought this morning and no one else set up the new thread.

So here we are. Myself I like the cooler weather, the fall colors and the chance to cook ahead meals. As we face Autumn, Shad's looking at Spring on her side of the world. Nice colors for both of us.

Here's to a successful month in whatever we chose.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Bumping this thread over the old one.

It's a bit chilly this morning, I have to go dig out my light sweaters. Will be back later for chatting and merriment. Til then, enjoy your coffee
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #3  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning...Happy Fall...Spring..whereever you are. Happy Pumpkins...

Wow all my "O" words didn't even make the show. ;^( LOL

Thanks Happy for starting the new thread. You are awesome!

Not much going on in my world-small blessings.

The big shot is arriving at CVS today, so last night was clean like a mad woman. My favorite thing. I was still vacuuming at 10:30 pm. I must say that is the best that store has looked in months, even when I was just going in there to shop before hiring on. I also cloroxed the counters at check out. I do that on a regular basis anyway as I don't need unwanted germs. Man am I babbling today or what? Yikes.

I got 8500 steps on my pedometer yesterday. I imagine it was from all the cleaning at CVS. I always feel better when I get extra steps. I am going to try to boost it up with a few walks today. Today's high is only 60, but it is sunny, with a jacket we should be fine to walk.

Good morning to all, I will probably check back later today.

Love and Hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #4  
Annie - Indiana

Oh and Shad....sorry about the grout, more exercise by mixing your own however....Great job on the lb loss. You are so awesome!! In more ways than one!

Laura...I am keeping my fingers crossed that your lbs of yesterday hold true for today.

As for me, I am holding my own at 154. I think my body just likes the 150s. I need to be 140s however for my pants to fit as I would like.

How is everyone else doing with their goals??? We have 30 days left to our Halloween challenge. Let's keep on the positive side, stay OP, and be happy....

Love and hugs...
Old 10-01-2009, 08:59 AM   #5  
Annie - Indiana

and Shad...to further p*ss you, CVS has Fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving AND Christmas decor out for sale. LOL People are buying it too, must be related to MEL.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #6  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Can we please not talk about Christmas yet? I haven't even decorated for Halloween!

Quick post for me today...it's been a heckuva week. I don't know how weigh in will go today despite being on plan and exercising to release the stress. I went to the gym last night and did nearly an hour of cardio followed by 1/2 hour of weights. I increased my sets to 2 sets of 12 reps for all exercises. So I may have a muscle mass gain at weigh in. I tried on 16 Misses pants and I'm not there yet....I could pull them up but not even come close to closing them. Oh well, I'll get there.

I've got to take Doppler to the vet after work so no gym for me today. He's getting a follow up checkup and blood work. He's really doing a lot better. Even eating somewhat crunchy stuff and playing A LOT!

I'll check in after weigh in and I promise I will try and catch up with personals. I should be working for the Fire Department with all the fires (aka crises) I've put out this week.

Love you all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:33 AM   #7  

Happy, thanks for starting the October thread. October already? My thought exactly as I pulled out my October monthly train ticket. I was thinking about that "bounding out of bed" stuff again yesterday morning - the only time I do that is when I've forgotten to set the alarm clock (or hit the snooze button too many times) and have seriously overslept.

Annie - Good job on the steps. I'm sure the store looks great for the visiting bigshot. And like Ceejay - a job where you get exercise while you work. Makes up for sitting at a desk at the other one, huh? I went to clip on my pedometer today and reset the steps to zero, but I encountered a totally blank display. I guess the battery I dug out of our battery drawer last week had been sitting there a while.

Shad - Great loss this week. Agree with you - there are 62 yr olds who are much younger than those in their 40's. Any my boss is in her early 50's but moves like a 60-something. Sorry you have to mix your own grout - as if the rest of the job weren't bad enough already!

Re the challenge - my weight held at 187 this morning. I was worried about it because dinner last night - Mexican food - wasn't exactly light in calories or sodium. Had one sangria, some chips and salsa, and half of a pork torta. Guess it was good that nothing I ate was covered w/ melted cheese. As far as other goals, I got in two exercise sessions, but need one more to get to my 3rd. I confess to a couple purchased snacks this week, but food has been much better lately. For next week, I want to be down another pound, and get out of this up and down pattern.

Okay, I have some quarter end work to finish, so I'm off.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #8  

Michelle snuck in on me! Good morning.

Glad Doppler is feeling better! Good luck with today's weigh in. More muscle increases the metabolism and takes up less space than fat!!
Old 10-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #9  
Annie - Indiana

Laura...that is great you held your weight...Mexican and Sangria. Yikes, it could of been bad. Chips = salt, the salsa is not so bad. Next week will be better on food. I challenge you to that. Hugs.. Later chickie
Old 10-01-2009, 01:14 PM   #10  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Pretty disappointing weigh in...I'm up 2.2 lbs after doing everything right and increasing my cardio and strength training. I can only hope that it's either water or muscle weight...but I would like to see the numbers on the scale go down. Back to work for this chick.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:21 PM   #11  
Annie - Indiana

Chelle....

Small set back, you will lose that and more next week. Keep on doing what you do best, my little chick a dee. Lots of willpower dust and motivation sent your way. You can do this, you know how, you are the exercise Goddess, now just do it. PS...Don't let WW earn $$ off of you...let's get those numbers coming down....

Love and Hugs.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:25 PM   #12  

Michelle - That sounds like how last week was for me. I was up 3 pounds on Thursday and then back down two the very next day, so maybe you're experiencing a temporary fluctuation. You've been working hard, so it will ultimately pay off.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #13  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WELL I AM BACK TO 187 THIS MORNING
I AM ALSO HOPELESSLY BEHIND IN YOUR POSTS AND DON'T HAVE THE EYES OR ENERGY TO CATCH UP. I8 DO REMEMBER THE DOGGIE FEELING BETTER. HOPE ALL THE HUMANS FEEL GOOD TOO. WENT TO TRADER JOE'S AND WILLY LET US STAY THERE LONGER. HE READ SOME LABELS TO ME MADE SOME SUGGESTIONS. I BOUGHT HIM AND THE KIDS SOME TREATS. WE SHARED COOKIES ON THE BUS PUT IT ALL AWAY AND SPENT TIME WITH JEN. SENT HER UP WITH A SMALL CART FULL OF STUFF. THE OFFICE IS GETTING SICK AND I AM PRAYING I DIDN'T BREATHE IN ANY GERMS. I'LL KNOW IN A FEW HOURS. SEND ME GOOD THOUGHTS.
I EVEN HOOVERED AND DID MY PEDALS. I'M ON A ROLL FOR GOOD HEALTH FOR THE NEXT 90 DAYS. CHALLENGING MYSELF TO REALLY TAKE BETTER CARE OF ME. I'VE BEEN SLACKING OVER THE SUMMER....FOODWISE.
HOPE EVERYONE HAD AS GOOD A DAY AS I HAD. ENJOY YOUR NIGHT

HAPPY....THANKS FOR STARTING THE NEW THREAD. I WAS GOING TO DO IT LAST NIGHT AND FORGOT BUT I DON'T THINK "Ooof duh" WAS IN THE TITLE
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #14  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Sorry, I forgot about the new thread yesterday afternoon. The day just got busier and busier. I got some photos printed and then went back to the hardware store. Actually yes they do have ready mix grout but it comes in small tubes and costs $10.47 per tube which only does about .25sq metre. Whereas the normal stuff comes in big bags and does 1.8sm. Do the maths and you'd find it would be freakin' expensive - so not for this chick. I'm about to mix up a bit of expresso coloured stuff for the kitchen - well the tiles are called Mocha so why not? - Then I'll do the white stuff.
I also have some new plants to put in the garden, some more herbie things and a Cosmos called Chocolate and yes it does actually smell like chocolate. I have some more lettuce and alyssum as well

Annie - Christmas over there too!!! That Mel has a lot to answer for. Perhaps thats why she didn't post this morning at her usual time.

Michelle - That's a bummer, but as Annie says it will go as soon as you get back into regular exercise stuff. Stress will do it too. That adrenaline must weigh a ton.

Laura - at least the weight held and didn't go over for the weigh in. It'll come.

Happy - thanks for starting us up. As I said, I got waylaid. If I don't do things when I think about them then I get waylaid and forget. I need to write things down and cross them off when they are done.

Guess that's about it for today. Life just gets busier and busier. See ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #15  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS
AND SUCH A LOVELY MORNING IT IS TOO...BRIGHT SUN AND 46 DEGREES SO THIS CHICK ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE TODAY. I GOT SO MUSCH DONE YESTERDAY THAT I EVEN AMAZED MYSELF. EVEN HAD TIME FOR A SECOND CHAT WITH JEN. SHE FINISHED PAYING OF A RATHER HUGE EXXON-MOBIL BILL AND WE WANTED TO CELEBRATE! ANOTHER BILL BITES THE DUST. SHE CUT THE CARD UP A LONG TIME AGO NOT MUCH NEW HERE. GOING TO ENJOY THE QUIET OF THE BLDG WHILE THE TENANTS GO TO THE WATERFRONT FOR THE TOWN PICNIC. PROBABLY BE CANCELED TO SUNDAY DUE TO SOME HEAVY RAIN WE ARE EXPECTING. TOO COLD FOR ME NO MATTER WHAT DAY THEY HOLD IT ON. THERE'S TOO MUCH WIND DOWN THERE.
I AM OFF TO GET SOME BREKKIE.
HAPPY FRIDAY/ SATURDAY.

SHAD~ MAYBE I SHOULD GET SAL TO PUT BLACK MOLD IN MY BATHROOM...THIS WAY I WON'T NOTICE ANY MOLD WE DID COFFEE COLOR IN THE KITCHEN SO I WOULDN'T SEE THE GREASE!! HAVE A HAPPY GROUTING TIME!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote