Old 10-07-2009, 08:57 AM   #61  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

'morning ladies,

Had to help DH with trash day and I have lunch plans today so I won't get back here until tonight. No time for personals right now. Sorry.

Michelle - would love to see a picture of your decorated house! Glad you saved the witch. Sounds like Indian Summer is officially over up north.

Be gentle to yourself today Shad. Make some nice soup. Mushy foods today.

One last word on techs, the ones in our building walk around with this glazed look like they are moving in this world but are cyphering Einstein's theory of relativity in their heads They are like doctors - they see your lips move when you talk but they hear very little. Reminds me of that Far Side cartoon - what you say "Here Puff, now that's a good kitty, come over to mama now." What your cat hears "blah blah Puff. Blah blah blah blah blah."

Gotta roll. Have a good one everybody.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:12 AM   #62  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ANNIE~ WILL YOU BE ABLE TO PASS THRU A METAL DETECTOR NOW WITH THE TOOTH INSIDE THERE!! OMG...I DON'T MEAN TO LAUGH...BUT WTF!!!! WHAT KIND OF A DENTIST IS THIS?? S & M??? NEXT TIME GRAB HIS NUTS, GIVE THEM A HEALTHY SQUEEZE AND SEE IF HE NEEDS NOVACAINE!!! ALSO....NEXT TIME I PARK , I'LL BE CAREFUL TO PUT IT INSIDE THE LINES!!

JEANETTE~ THE VACATION PLANS SOUND GOOD. GLAD YOU WILL HAVE SOME FALL CLEANING TIME TO YOURSELF AS WELL AS A VISIT.

LAURA~ WE HAVE MOSTLY DREARY OCTOBER SO FAR TOO. INCLUDING TODAY! LET US HOPE THE 3FC TOOTH SYNDROME ENDS HERE!!!!

HAPPY~ GOOD LUCK WITH THE DENTIST...MAKE SURE IT'S NOT ANNIE'S CAUSE HE IS MR. PAIN PERSONIFIED!!

MICHELLE~ I LIKE THE NAP PART OF THE SLOW COOKER RECIPE YOU HAVE. SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING JEN, RICHIE AND I WOULD LOVE! GLAD TO HEAR THE HEAD IS FEELING BETTER. HOPE IT STAYS THAT WAY!

SHAD...HOPE THE "HOLE" FEELS BETTER TODAY WHEN YOU WAKE. I THINK WE ARE GETTING ALL THE RAIN SLATED FOR YOUR AREA. I'LL TRY AND RE-ROUTE IT YOUR WAY!!

I AL SOOOO SLEEPY TODAY. THE GRANDSON AND I CAN'T KEEP OUR EYES OPEN. MY BOSS IS GOING ON VACATION FOR A FEW DAYS STARTING TONIET. LONG WEEKEND. GEE....I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW THE WORKER BEES CAN SCREW UP WHILE SHE IS GONE AGAIN. THINKING OF PUTTING CRAZY GLUE ON MY DOOR HINGES. I NEED TO GET BREAKFAST AND THEN MAYBE ONE OF MICHELLE'S SLOW COOKER NAPS. I WONDER IF I NEED TO PULL IT OUT OF THE CABINET AND PLACE IT ON THE COUNTER BEFORE I JUMP INTO BED?!?! ;rofl:
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:13 AM   #63  
Happy September

LAUGHING AT HAPPY AND NAE!!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:15 AM   #64  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hump Day/Trash Day/CVS Day....and T took the trash out last night therefore I will not have to punish him, altho hanging with me might be punishment enough, lol.

Teriyaki beef was delish last night, as were the potatos and carrots. Made some jalapeno corn bread in my iron skillet baked in the oven. T liked it, I thought it was a bit plain. I used a different cornmeal than I normally do and I don't think it was as good.

Happy...did you get your walk in or walk in the rain? Hey computer techie come fix my home puter.

Chelle...housework can be considered exercise, I know I rack up the steps on my pedometer when I do housework. Come on Chelle, get with the program, get those numbers coming down. I am bettin on you sista. We got those high winds last night also. I didn't realize we were supposed to get them. Bella drove me nuts at 2 am to go out, so I let her out, and since I don't sleep much I layed back down to wait on her, fell asleep and didn't wake back up till 3 am. She was out in it for an hour. She didn't seem to mind tho. I am a bad mom. haha

Shad...well pulling the tooth out is one way to fix the tooth. I guess it won't bother you anymore. I make a wonderful cream of potato soup that would go with that tooth situation. Hope you got that rain.

Hey to everyone...

Love and hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:17 AM   #65  
Annie - Indiana

Holy Crap MEL...you are the sneaker inner today...

I am lmao at your post. you are quite humorous today. Take a 2nd nap for me, would you, I was up more than not last night.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:14 PM   #66  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - don't bet on the numbers coming down this week...but since I'm back on track and on the wagon...they'll be down next week, I promise. My pups didn't want to be out in the big winds for more than just a few minutes at a time. They did their business and rushed right back inside.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Something weird is going on with this sight. I'll be back later to see if it's cleared up.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It's a beautiful day. I'm enjoying the sunshine. It makes me want to take a nap. Things are to quiet today.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #69  
Annie - Indiana

Do Dah Do Dah
Old 10-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #70  

Shad – Sorry about the tooth – neither were good options. Feel better!

Michelle – Yeh, that wind was blowing something fierce in our area too! A tree across the street lost a really big limb. Wondering if it'll have to be removed.

Happy – I love that Far Side cartoon!

Mel - My dentist has filled a couple small cavities in the past w/o numbing me first – claiming the amount of drilling isn't worth hours of numbness. He might be related to Annie's dentist. I'm committed to diligent brushing, flossing and waterpikking so I can hopefully avoid the dentist for all but cleanings/exams.

I think having the slow cooker on the counter would make the nap more authentic as a slow cooker nap and not a garden variety nap.

Annie – Cornbread – yum! Glad the wind didn't carry away your Bella!

Ceejay – Something weird? Maybe it's the thread and not the site, LOL. Enjoy your sunny day!

Hi Rose!

Yesterday was a good food day and today is going well so far. Hope to see a nice number on the scale tomorrow morning, but TOM is also visiting this week…We'll see. I saw the movie "The Informant!" with Matt Damon last night. It was entertaining enough. I liked that they gave it a humorous flavor instead of a serious drama. Matt Damon played the whistle blower in a price fixing scheme. His character really was a character! I'm sort of interested in reading the book on which the movie was based. Go see it if you really want to see Matt Damon with 30+ extra pounds on his frame and cheesy hair, 'stache, and glasses. Otherwise, cable or dvd is good enough.

Toodles!

Last edited by Laura705; 10-07-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:41 PM   #71  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all and thanks for all the well wishes and get betters and hugs. I enjoyed those.
Gum feels pretty good this morning. It's sealing itself nicely and as long as I stay on soft stuff it is all good. There is a bit of an ache there but it will go away eventually. I will just get on with today. Yesterday after I finished up on here, we did indeed get some rain. We even got hailstones!! Wind, rain, hailstones, thunder, lightning - we got the lot. Didn't last very long but has done the world of good in the garden. No doubt the weeds will spring up today. Maybe I can sit out there and watch them grow! How exciting NOT.

So today, I think I will potter around doing what I can, and forgetting what I can't get done. On the cards is some sunshine in the garden, weeding, hedging - or rathing cutting it - and dead heading the roses. Then I might come in and grout, clean the bathroom and have a siesta. I've earned it, I deserve it and no b*stard is going to do me out of it today.

So I will go out there now before it gets hot and come back in and catch up with personals later.

Have a good day
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:49 AM   #72  
Happy September

WEIGHT IS STILL HOLDING AT 187. I AM THE MOST CONSISTANT WEIGHER I KNOW SOME OF THE 40 MPH WINDS HAVE LOST WEIGHT THOUGH AND ARE REDUCED TO ONLY 20 MPH....BUT ARE STILL KICKING UP THE DUST. YESTERDAY YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THEY WERE FILMING THE WIZARD OF OZ HERE IN TOWN!
HAD A GOOD DAY WITH JEN. NO NAPS OR SLOW COOKERS WERE INVOLVED THOUGH. NO TIME FOR SLOUCHING
NOTHING PLANNED FOR TODAY. I AM SURE THE BLDG WILL THINK OF SOMETHING FOR ME TO DO. COME TO THINK OF IT...IMAGINE HOW BORING MY LIFE WOULD BE WITHOUT THEM....I'D HAVE TO BEGIN THINKING FOR MYSELF WHAT TO DO EACH DAY
HAPPY THURSDAY/FRIDAY

ANNIE~ I ALWAYS WANTED TO MAKE THAT BREAD BUT NEVER TRIED IT. BUT NOT WITH THE JALAPENOS!!
I AM SO GLAD TO HEAR THAT T MADE IT OUT OF YOUR HOUSE UNSCATHED!!

MICHELLE~ YOUR WINDS ENDED UP HERE AND NO ONE'S PUPS WANTED TO BE OUT....INCLUDING ME!!!

JEANETTE...SO DID YOU GET TO NAP??? I GOT CHEATED OUT OF MINE!!

LAURA~ I LOVE THESE MOVIE REVIEWS. ROFLMAO I CAN'T IMAGINE A HEAVIER MATT BUT I THOUGHT I DID SEE A CLIP OF HIM AND WONDERED. HOPE THE SCALE IGNORES TOM!! YOURS AND ANNIE'S DENSTIST MUST BE RELATED I WOULD HAVE TO DO BODILY DAMAGE TO ONE LIKE THAT. DANG!!

SHAD~ HOPE NO B*STARDS SHOWED UP AND TRIED TO CHEAT YOU OUT OF SOME SHADDIE TIME ALSO HOPE THE MOUTH KEEPS HEALING NICELY. HAVE ANOTHER SIESTA
Old 10-08-2009, 08:38 AM   #73  
Annie - Indiana

Happy Thursday..........

SHAD......no worries on the b*st*rd showing up at your place as I divorced him, he lives in Indiana and has no money for travel. Ba hahaha.... I would much rather work outside than inside. You do the grouting, I will do the weeding etc.

CHELLE....goodluck on WI today.

Laura...Good for you staying within eating limits. Keep up the great work. Thanks for the movie review. It has been so long since I have even had a chance to go to the movies.

MEL....at least you are holding your own on weight. Move more, eat less....especially carbs. I sure can talk a good story, huh?

Ceejay...Did you get the nap in you wished for?

Not much going on here. THe boss sent me a b*tch out email yesterday for a project I had already finished and she didn't realize it. I emailed her back with yet another update on the project. She wrote back, thanks for the clarification. I appreciate it. No apologies, however she did bring me a Starbucks this morning, my guess that is her way of apologizing. I'll take it.

Out of the next 15 days, I work 10 of them at CVS. They must love me, or just hard up for help. lol Probably the latter.

Hidee ho to all....have a marvy day.

Love and Hugs
Old 10-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #74  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Making our way to the weekend. Slowly.

Bummer yesterday. One of my co-workers - really nice guy and a hard worker got the ax yesterday. Lots of cut backs as they once again cut jobs here to make room for cheaper overseas help. He is with a contract agency and has some medical issues so it might be difficult for him to find other work tho I hope not. It's a mean world Mr. Grinch.

Mel- if you are the most consistent weigher, than I am the next most consistent. I can't seem to get below a certain spot, bounce up and work my way back down again, over and over. I guess we are doing our part to hold the earth down in the sky I know what you mean, as much as the office interupts your day, the day would be very quiet without them. Perhaps you should just have a few set calling hours. Yeah, like that will happen Thank you for the email heads up, I will definitely check that out.

Glad you are feeling better Shad and got some rain to boot. I'm sure the outside flora appreciates it. Nothing perks them up like the stuff that falls from the sky. Did you get your rain tank cleaned out so you can begin collecting water again? Not that you got enough from this last storm...

Laura, I had a dentist or two that also gave me that story about this will only take a minute - you don't need numbing. Then they would hit the sensitivity and my legs would bolt up in the air out of the chair like they electrocuted me. I told the doc that it was torture to sit there and anticipate the pain. After that they would give me the shot. Or gas. My teeth are very sensitive. I have even had my shoe fly off if they hit a tender spot. Talk about scaring them Regarding Matt - that's a pretty good actor when it inspires you to read the book also.

Annie - hope you got some sleep to make up for what you lost the other night. I have to get a smaller iron skillet and try cornbread in it. We had a restaurant (which since closed) Smokey Bones that had a skillet cornbread with the most wonderful butter that tasted like butter pecan. They would only give you a dash of it so you used it sparingly but yum it was soooo good. I have had bland cornbread too - usually seems dry and grainy when that happens. The cornbread at work is like that - yuk.

Hope you have a good weigh in today Michelle I find this a sort of bouncy time of the year. I think it's easier to consistently lose over the summer, mostly due to being active a longer part of the day but alot to do with the less salt, more water based foods we have during the warm months.

Ceejay - I know what you mean about this site, sometimes during the day it just hangs for me. Not sure if it's the site or the advertisements.

Rose

Well I'd better get on with the day. Almost finished with my month end reports. Time to start working on another group of stuff. Have a good one.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #75  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Great article

I get emails from SparkPeople, and today's had an especially timely article (for me anyway).

1 Step Back, 2 Steps Forward -- By Mike Kramer, Staff Writer

"Fall seven times, get up eight." - Japanese Proverb
"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish." - John Quincy Adams
"The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials." - Chinese Proverb
"Never give in. Never. Never. Never. Never." - Winston Churchill
"Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance." - Samuel Johnson

These quotes all say the same thing. No matter how many obstacles you run into, what matters is that you’re able to overcome each of them, one at a time.

"Two steps forward, one step back" is usually a negative term to describe someone who is having trouble making progress. But switched around, "1 Step Back, 2 Steps Forward" means that instead of grousing or feeling guilty about a misstep, you can still come out ahead if you put your head down and push forward.

Steps back can take many forms: a family vacation, breaks in your routine, personal tragedies, injuries, or that lost weekend in front of the tube. A big mistake people make when trying to get healthier is that when they fall off a bit or something happens, they think they "have to start over". Wrong! When missteps do happen, a better strategy is to simply take two steps forward. You’re still ahead of where you were before, far beyond the starting line.

In tennis, losing one point isn’t the end of the world. It happens to the best of them. In fact, if you can consistently win a few more points that you lose, you may end up in the hall of fame. With healthy eating and exercising, as long as you’re consistently out-stepping your steps back, you’re ahead of the game. If you expect perfection (and many of us do), you’re setting yourself up for disappointment and guilt.

Guilt can be debilitating to your healthy habits. When you mess up (or even when things are messed up for you), it’s natural to feel guilty. At that point, you have a choice: to let that guilt plummet you into a cycle that could spit you out worse off than before, or to accept the step back and say "where do I go from here?"

Of course, consistent success is still something to strive for. You don’t want to roller-coaster up and down. That’s an "old" habit, remember? And the 1Step/2 Step strategy doesn’t lessen the need to do your best. You should still work hard to keep those steps back from happening. But it helps to be prepared with a plan and a positive attitude for when they do happen.

Many times, this means a rededication, a refocusing, and a recommitment. You might want to look at your program and see why it’s allowing those landmines to stick around. Use it as a learning process. Ask how you can keep that misstep from happening again.
  • Take a walk in the woods to clear your head and regroup.
  • Have a personal "bounce back" motto that will re-energize you. Put it everywhere.
  • Take a break if you think you’re trying too hard.
  • Return to the basics. Are you making it too complicated and tough on yourself?
  • Plan ahead for irregularities in your schedule, call ahead to healthy restaurants, pack healthy snacks.
  • Stay aware of what you’re doing. One meal mess up can turn into a one day mess up, a one week mess up if you’re not careful.
  • Remind yourself of your success so far when you need a boost.

Unlike people who run 10 miles today because they should have run two yesterday, "2 Steps Forward" doesn’t necessarily mean doing a lot more to make up for a blunder. Just make a commitment to do things as right as possible as much as you can.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote