Old 10-11-2009, 07:10 AM   #106  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING. TRIED TO READ ALL THE POSTS. WELL I SKIMMED THEM ANYWAY. EYES A BIT TOO GRITTY TODAY SO NO PERSONALS. MC AFEE INSTALLED A NEW UPDATE AND I SEEM TO BE HAVING SCRIPT READING PROBLEMS AS WELL. WILL WORRY ABOUT IT LATER. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT DAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-11-2009 at 07:11 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:34 AM   #107  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Happy Sunday,

Still cool out but a bit of sun so it's a little more pleasant today. Yesterday was a real sleeper. We tried to take a nap but the house down the street was having some sort of get together. Bunch of young people playing touch football or something but doing lots of yelling - mostly just as you were about to drift off. After a couple of rounds of that, just gave up and got up.

Got some stuff done, not as much as I should have. Did some cooking and laundry too.

I was going to go to an Octoberfest at a local church. My coworker who makes jewelry had a booth there. Looked it up today and oh no, it was Friday and Saturday - not Sunday Yesterday was really too cool to be outside although I chatted with my sister yesterday. It was 55 here and I thought it was cold - she was laughing - it's supposed to get down to 24 degrees up her way. She called me a weenie, I admitted shame Turned the furnace on for the first time yesterday. Just to take the chill out of the house.

I think I will continue with the cleaning and rest of the laundry today. I could do with a light shopping trip too. I've been trying to shop every other week to cut down on costs. The problem with that is the in between weeks are more processed foods and it shows on the scale. I'm stuck in a rut - gain 2 pounds on the off weeks, drop them when I'm back to fresher foods and keep bouncing in the same rut. I picked up a magazine last week with some really good looking soups in it - think I'll try small batches of 2 or 3 this week for lunches. Will help use up some of the vegetables in the refrigerator in the garage. That is IF I could get to it. Mr. Feral has taken to some serious snoozing sessions on the porch. Last night he was there at 9pm. I was fretting because I could not lock the garage or the back door - once he hears the key he gets up. I did not want to disturb him. DH (the cat whisperer ) tiptoed out and although Mr. Feral woke up, he was comfy enough not to move and let DH walk past him to lock up. We also had left food out for him we needed to take in. It apparently is attracting a new fluffy kitty into the yard who was fighting with Mr. Feral - big tufts of white hair all over one part of the yard, and it also got our Boo all disturbed as it tried to approach the porch and get food. Since we had seen new kitty's hair all over the lawn, we knew it was a fighter and Boo is front declawed so we don't need any trouble on that end. And you thought having kitties was easy

So that's it from my side of the world - it's quiet here - hope you are all having a good weekend.

Shad - when you're done with your loo you can come over here and help DH do ours

See yah
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:55 AM   #108  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Nae - are you getting caught in that snowstorm?
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #109  

Hello Ladies,

Happy - Had the same thing going on here. Kids were outside playing... wanted to go out and tell them to be quite... then i realized it's much better for them to be outside then sit in and play video games. I should of gotten off my butt and gone outside to play.. Glad to hear Mr Ferrel is doing ok. What a pretty picture.

Mel - hope your enjoying your day.

Shad - Good to hear the weight is down... you have a lazy day!... never... you have too much energy.

Didn't do to much today. My allergies are really kicking in which cause lots of drainage, which cause sore throat. If i don't get better by wed. i'm going to make another dr. appointment. The weather does'nt help either.. one day it's 80 the next it's 60 and damp..

Hello to everyone else.

Last edited by 1day@atime; 10-11-2009 at 08:40 PM.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:22 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It's been a good couple of days except for the weather. I did go to Paragould and some times I wished I live back there but other times I don't know if there's any thing of my life that's left there, except my uncles.

I've got a busy week end planned. Thursday I'm going to a district meeting in Paragould, then take the Rav4 to get the oil changed. I'll be spending the night again with my aunt and uncle and out to eat on Thursday night. My uncle is suppose to have a milogram done (die injection to the spine) on Friday. I'm going to go with them for that. Then come home again on Saturday. I''m about to back out of going to Springfield. That's really a long trip and I'm not sure I'm up to it at the moment. I'm having muscle spasms in the lower back. They hit all at once. It only does this when I'm exercising. Go figure. Maybe I'm trying to hard.

It's back to the grind stone tomorrow. And I don't want to go.

I apologise no time for personals.

ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:28 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
Maybe this is how the hummingbirds get to there destination. I've heard that they flew on the backs of geese but I'm not sure if that's true or not. I have not seen one this huge. This is awesome. Thanks for sharing the picture.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:19 AM   #112  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,
It's all go round here. The builders are in to change out the posts on the verandah. They've found some termites close to the house so the Pest man got called in and they will be back on Wednesday to spray and drill and poison the little buggers. They will fix the ants at the same time. Meantime, the builders have found that the insulation in the ceiling is not fireproof - they set fire accidentally to some that they spilt - so I've had the fun of the builder jumping up and down on piles of insulation to put it out. So I guess I am up for new stuff up top as well. More expenses. But better than a fire.

So today I am cleaning out the bathroom, fetching and carrying for the builders, then I must move onto the bedroom for DS1 who will be arriving on 28th of the month. I also need to back up the computers and sort out a space for all the boxes before I get another bill for the storage shed which I don't want to pay.

Ceejay - sorry to hear about the back problems. Didn't you have this problem a year or so back as well??

Happy - I hear you on cutting down on the shopping trips. I go every week for fresh veges but my supermarket shopping is becoming less frequent and much less costly. It'd need to be.

Mel - rest those peepers and don't come back until you are ready.

The builder is yelling. Better get back out there.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:12 AM   #113  
Happy September

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO OUR FRIENDS TO THE NORTH!! HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT FEAST!!

HAPPY COLUMBUS DAY!!

STILL LOVING THE 3 DAY WEEKEND. WITH ONE EXCEPTION BEING THE COMPUTER...IT TOOK FROM 12 NOON TILL 9:45 PM TO UNINSTALL MC AFEE AND RELOAD IT 2 TIMES AND INSTALL IT. THIS MORNING I WAKE UP AND IT STILL SAYS TO DO IT AGAIN SCREW IT!!
NOTHING ELSE NEW. TEMPS ARE COLD, LOW 40's, AND LAST NIGHT WE HAD A FROST WARNING TO OUR NORTH
GETTING OUT MY WOOLIES SOON AND GOING TO LIE AROUND THE HOUSE AND PLAY "HOLLYWOOD"
HAVE A GREAT MONDAY/TUESDAY

have to go and read...forgot what everyone said yesterday

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-12-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:27 AM   #114  
Happy September

HAPPY~ YOU ARE REALLY RUNNING A CAT HOUSE NOW WITH NEW STRAYS POOR MR. FERAL. ALWAYS SOMEONE LOOKING TO TAKE HIS COZY SPOT AND FOOD. WE DIDN'T HAVE FOOTBALL PLAYERS BUT WHILE THE WINDOW WAS OPENED A CRACK...ALL I COULD SMELL ON THE WIND WAS HAMBURGERS COOKING!! SORRY YOU MISSED THE FEST!!

PATTY....SO RIGHT THE WEATHER IS NOT HELPING. WE'RE SWEATING ON SEC AND FREEZING THE NEXT. GET WELL SOON.

JEANETTE....HOPE THA BACK FEELS BETTER. SAFT TRIP OUT THE THE SISTER AND GOOD LUCK TO THE UNCLE FOR THE TEST. GOOD OF YOU TO GO WITH THEM

SHAD.....WOW! ALL SORTS OF ACTIVITY AT YOUR HOUSE. THE MORE YOU POST, THE MORE I KNOW I NEED YOU HERE TO RUN THE BLDG!! HOPE ALL GOES WELL BEFORE THE DS GETS THERE!! IS THE SIGNIFICANT OTHER COMING AS WELL? IF SO BETTER GET A ZIPPER FOR YOUR LIP

I CAN'T GET BACK TO THE OTHER PAGE SO I WILL HAVE TO SAY HELLO TO ANNIE AND MICHELLE
Old 10-12-2009, 08:45 AM   #115  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning, Happy Monday....

Fire drill today at noon, think I will go to lunch and have nail fixed at 11:30 to miss the entire mess. Don't feel much like hiking 7 floors of stairs, altho good for me, don't wanna do it.

OMG---I had Charlie horses in my toes, feet, ankles, calves and lower legs on Saturday night. Had me up at least 6 times. Too much standing/walking at CVS. So last night I took an Epsom Salt bath, rubbed my legs with Icy Hot and slept with the heating pad. Didn't wake up one time and no cramps. Work tonight at CVS then off till Friday. I am so excited. I need to get some things done....

Cleaned out my garden last night 30 green tomatos, 20 jalapenos, 7 green peppers and 4 banana peppers. Was sad to see it go cause the next season I absolutely hate. ONLY 160 days till Spring~~

My bro from IL, brought over an older computer to get me by at home. It has Windows 2000 on it if that tells you anything. Can't even load my digital camera software to upload pix. How sad is that. At least I can get on the internet.

SHAD...glad you got the weight going in the right direction. Keep up the good work, but not through losing teeth. Horse poo and rain, gotta love it.

MEL....seniors met the quote for the weekend, don't you mean for the year? We don't need any of the crap going on at all. Happy Columbus day to you also, however we have to work. Non-govt job here.

Ceejay...whatever it takes to motivate us, we'll take it. Watch those fitness videos and go girl.

Patty...don't wait too long to go to doc about allergies, etc. It will take a whole lot longer to get well once you get so far down. Take care of you.

Laura...Isn't it great to have a nice WI after TOM. But I ask, must we go through all that anyway? It sucks. The bonfire sounds great, I just love bonfires. Haven't been to one in a while.

Chelle...hope you had a great weekend and stayed OP...

Not much else going on. Hello to all.

Love and hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:46 AM   #116  
Annie - Indiana

Mel..you sure are good at being the sneaker inner...

and oh yeah...GO COLTS!
Old 10-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #117  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Monday ladies -

Had a busy weekend...got the Uverse package installed on Friday, and we really like it. Friday, my exercise was going up and down the basement stairs what seemed like 100 times (slight exageration maybe). On Saturday, we ran errands, did yard work, and I went to the gym for 45 minutes of cardio and 45 minutes of strength training. Yesterday, I went to the gym first thing in the a.m. for an hour of cardio. Then ran more errands and went grocery shopping. On Saturday, one of my nieces who lives in CA got married to a wonderful man. They've been together for years and are so much in love and so happy. He was very supportive to her and her family when my mother (her grandmother) passed away. Right then and there, I knew he was a good guy. I so wished I could've attended the wedding...but just didn't have the finances to get out there. I am really disappointed that I wasn't able to go. Oh well, hopefully we'll be able to get out to CA next year.

It was too dang cold to fish this past weekend. We're yearning for a 50 or 55 degree day (preferably on the weekend). We even got snow on Saturday. Yes, that's right, it was October 10 and snowing! None stuck on the ground, but still....that is just SO WRONG!

The hard frosts and snow killed my tomato plants for good, and I still had several green ones on the vine. Oh well, it's all compost now.

Happy - Sounds like you do have a fantastic hairdresser! And your hair color sounds beautiful! Reminds me...I really need a cut and color, but will probably wait for another month. Lovely hummingbird photo! 55 is too cool to be outside? We're hoping for mid 50s so we can go fishing! We also had our heater going a little bit over the weekend...we're trying to keep it at around 63 degrees. Groceries are so expensive. I can easily spend way more than you would think for just two people. I really made a concerted effort this week to cut back, mostly because I had to. I'm still looking for inexpensive and low point snacks that are yummy. I may be on this quest for the rest of my life.

Patty - I hope your lungs have cleared out a bit. Mucinex works great for that stuff. Of course, sometimes I have to resort to the dreaded Prednisone to get my lungs entirely cleared out. 80 degree weather? Can you please send 10 or 20 degrees our way?

Laura - So glad that you had a nice scale after TOM left. My TOM just finished too, so hopefully the scale will be kind to me this week.

Mel - Good for you that despite all that you, Jen and Richie and his family have gone through, you're looking at the bright side. Did you get to watch some good movies? Hope you have a nice quiet Columbus Day!

Ceejay - FitTV? I'm going to have to look on our new cable channels and see if we get that. We should...we get nearly every other dang channel! LOL Sending : to your uncle for his test. Sorry to hear about your back spasms. Sending you : also. Is there any way you can do a more back friendly exercise? Or would stretching help your back. If you google back exercises, or back physical therapy exercises, or back stretches, there are some lovely moves that really helped my back.

Shad - So nice that the weight is back down again! Better that the builders discover that your insulation is not fireproof than for you to find out the hard way.

Annie - You are warned of when your fire drills are? We aren't, but at my new desk, I'm right next to the emergency exit and on the ground floor. Charlie horses in your toes, feet and lower legs? I've never heard of Charlie horses in your toes! Good that you found a nice remedy. 160 days until Spring? I find that SO much more comforting than counting down the days until Dec. 25th.

Gotta get some work done!

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:55 AM   #118  
Annie - Indiana

Chelle....I only know about the fire drills cause I am the office contact for this building's management. A fluke I know really. Sounds like you are getting the exercising on track, good for you. I am proud of you. We are not supposed to mention the S word, remember or the C word.

Later my chick-a-dee....hugs.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:08 AM   #119  
Happy September

I WANT TO POST THIS TIDAY BECAUSE I'LL BE IN THE OFFICE TOMORROW AND MAINT. LOTS TO REPORT.
I DIDN'T WANT TO MISS CARLA'S BIRTHDAY IN CASE SHE IS LURKING!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARLA AND HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL TUESDAY!! MAKE A WISH!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:13 AM   #120  
Happy September

ANNIE~ WOW WHAT A NIGHT YOU HAD WITH CRAMPS!!! HOPE THEY NEVER COME BACK!! GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE SOME TIME AWAY FROM CVS. REST THOSE TOOTSIES IN SOME NICE COMFY SLIPPERS!! SORRY TO HEAR YOU HAVE WORK TODAY

MICHELLE~ THAT WAS SOME WORKOUT WEEKEND YOU HAD! SORRY YOU COULDN'T GET TO THE WEDDING. AND I AM GLAD TO HEAR SOMEONE FOUND A GOOD MAN!! DID YOU SAY SNOW??? IT FELT COLD ENOUGH TO SNOW LAST NIGHT. LOOKED LIKE SNOW CLOUDS TOO!! SNOW WOULD EVEN HELP ME WITH THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-12-2009 at 10:14 AM.