Old 10-12-2009, 11:08 AM   #121  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Okay, okay, okay....no more "S" word or "C" word! Not for at least a month.

Although tomorrow DH will be driving to his company's satellite office in Northern Wisconsin, and they are supposed to get 3-5" of the white, cold precipitation today!

Hello, Mother Nature? It's TOOO EARLY for this kind of weather!!! Where's the 70 degree Indian Summer we usually get around this time?
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #122  

Hello to everyone and Happy Columbus Day. I still have to work though. No time for personals at the moment. Maybe later.

TTFN.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #123  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Yuk Spring, Yuk summer, now fall is sucking in the weather department. I still say 160 days till Spring.....I am at work also Laura. No rest for the wicked.

Chelle...the way the weather has been going, maybe we will have a "surprise" Indian Summer.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 02:48 PM   #124  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SENDING MICHELLE SOME INDIAN SUMMER!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #125  

Back for some personals –

Annie – Sounds like you need to do some stretches during your CVS shifts, eat a banana and guzzle some Gatorade or something!? Enjoy your 5 days off CVS. Hope you were able to time your lunch to skip the fire drill. We only have to go down a few flights of stairs for our fire drills. More would be good exercise but it's only twice a year so whoopee. Yay for having internet at home again!!!

Mel – sorry you had such a problem with your 'puter. Did you get out your woolies?? I was in full cold-weather regalia on Saturday night – longies, wool blend socks, parka, scarf, mittens and head band. Nice Indian Summer photo!!

Happy – I don't think we hit the record of 27 degrees Saturday night, but it was might chilly. We went to the annual bonfire to learn they were almost out of firewood, and what they had was not chopped, not seasoned, and not dry! We had fires, but not big blazing ones (there was the bonfire outside and a fireplace in a barn). Bah. I was dressed warmly, but my lower half was still chilled (longies and all) all night until we drove home and I had the seat warmer on HIGH!!

Thanks for the great hummingbird photo – not the tiny little bitty thing you think of when you picture hummingbirds!

Hi Patty – Good to get to the doc – life's too short to feel crummy!

Ceejay – Hope the back spasms ease up and you make it to Springfield to visit your sis. My mother lives in Springfield (on the south end towards Nixa). My parents retired to there nearly 20 years ago now. If I ever make (or have made) a less than complimentary remark about Springfield, don't mind me, I just wish my mother weren't 500 miles from "home". It's not all that easy a place to get to – long drive from Chicago, and very few non-stop flights from there as well. I have a brother who now lives in Springfield too, so she's not totally without family nearby.

Shad – Are all houses just money pits in disguise? There's always something!

Michelle – Sorry you missed your niece's wedding. Hopefully you get to CA next year, and be sure to time it so you get away from the cold stuff for a bit!! For some reason I forgot about Mucinex when my lungs felt congested – I'll have to keep that in mind. Wait, I might have tossed it out when I heard something bad about it in the news. Hmmm. Oh wait, that might have been about Zicam, not Mucinex. Good job with the exercise this past weekend. My only exercise was a dog walk and dancing around Saturday night at the bonfire, trying to keep warm. You'll share some of that Indian Summer that Mel sent, I hope???

Buh Bye!

Last edited by Laura705; 10-12-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:25 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Laura,
My nephew lives in Nixa. Small world. My sis actually lives in a small town near Springfield called Ash Grove.

Mel
The picture is lovely. Wish I were there instead of here at work. So far so good today.

Not much going on today at work. I've finished my paper work in total silence today. J, my boss has been here at the plant more than a couple of times but he's calmer today than last week.

Will be back later.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:27 AM   #127  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Thought I might drop in while the builders are hammering out the Anvil Chorus on my patio. They have finished in the front and are working on the pergola roof and say they will be finished tomorrow morning.

My friend with whom I walk in the mornings has a bad back so we are only doing around 20 minutes of exercise there, so I have to find at least 10 minutes of continuous sweat making stuff for myself. It's a bit of a pain since we normally do 40 minutes

The wind has got up again. I suspect the weather man is right when he says we are in for a storm this afternoon. It's not all that pleasant out there and I have to go out to clear the verandah later for the termite crew tomorrow. It's all go here I tell you. Oh oh, they're yelling again. More water apparently.
Back later.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:53 AM   #128  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

LAURA~ I TAKE THE BLUE BOXED MUCINEX DAILY. ...AND I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT...IT WAS ZICAM. THINK HAPPY TOLD US ABOUT IT TOO. HOU SOUNDED BUNDLED UP JUST LIKE THE KID IN THE CHRISTMAS STORY MOVIE!

CEEJAY~ GOOD TO HEAR WORK WAS CALMER THIS WEEK OR AT LEAST THE BOSS WAS!!!

SHAD~ I AM JEALOUS OF YOU WITH NALL THOSE MUSCLE MEN SURROUNDING YOUR PLACE!!! HEY....I COULD EVEN HITCH UP A WAGON AND HELP THEM!! CARRY ALL THEIR STUFF AND THE WATER AROUND. HOPE THEY GET THOSE PESKY ANTS AND TERMITES!!

EVERYONE CALLED ME TO SAY THEY WOULD BE LATE THIS MORNING. GUESS THEY ARE ALL STILL IN HOLIDAY MODE. MUST BE GOOD TO BE THE BOSSES I AM OFF TO EAT BREAKFAST FIRST AND THEN GO DOWN. NOTHING PLANNED FOR TODAY. JEN WENT TO THE STORE SO I DON'T EVEN NEED TO GO TODAY. GOOD CAUSE IT'S RAINING ON AND OFF
HAPPY TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:25 AM   #129  
Annie - Indiana

Tuesday, Tuesday.....colder than I would like it. Burrr....only 159 days till spring.

Laura....thing about potassium is I am taking a high dose of prescibed potassium, I just think I am getting too old to be standing on my fee for 8 hours. Everything was hurting by the time I left work last night from my *ss on down. Took a hot epsom salt bath, drank a half bottle of wine, took two ibuprofen and passed out. Only woke up once last night. lol Didn't want to get up this morning.

Ceejay...heard on the news this morning that Arkansas is up for a terrific rain storm today. Stay inside and be safe.

Shad...sounds like your workerbees have you on your toes. You know, the Man answers things in strange ways, maybe you not having work is letting you get these things done around your house. Then you will be slammed with work, wait and see....

MEL....WTF...should of told the bosses not to rely on you to cover for their *sses for being late. Who was gonna cover for you as you are going to be late also??? LOL One extreme to the other. From cr*pping my pants to constipated. Haven't pooed since Saturday, of course I pooed enough last Friday for an entire tribe. We will see what today brings as I am having stomach grumblings.

After I found out MS. O is going to be a big sister yesterday and her momma (my Goddot) is due on my BD June 12, my day was more enjoyable. Also found out the a buddy of mine, Joe, his wife is due in February. They have been trying for 12 years. It is a girl to be named Isabella Reece. I just love that name. I am so excited for them. I tell you, he would of given his right nut to have a kid, now he is getting is prayer's answered.

Not much else going on. T is coming over tonight for our 2 hour visit prior to him going into work. I made Italian casserole, all I have to do is pop it into the oven tonight for about 30 minutes. Garlic bread and salad to go with. There is plenty to go around, ya'll stop in. I even have a bottle of wine if you so wish.

Better get this day started, the boss actually beat me in today. Yikes as I was about 8 minutes late. Just can't seem to get it going in the morning. Dang the snooze anyways.

PS Not doing so well on eating, altho getting lots of steps in on the pedometer.

Hello to everyone...

Love and Hugs.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:37 AM   #130  
Annie - Indiana

PSS....will be in late tomorrow as I will be at the dentist starting the crown procedure on the broken tooth. So NOT looking forward to that.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:20 AM   #131  

Ceejay - calm and quiet at work is nice! Hope it keeps up for you.

Shad - LOL - Anvil chorus.

Mel - I felt silly bundling up like that in early October, but it was necessary!! Why do they phone to tell you they'll be late? Is covering them at times like that part of your duties? If not, I say screen those calls!!! Glad to know the Mucinex is still there for me should I need it!

Annie - Oh, you're already taking potassium...never mind. Yeh, just too much time on your feet. I remember working in retail way back when - I'd come home and lay on the floor w/ my legs resting straight up on the wall. Didn't stop the spider veins though. Mom has 'em, I have 'em. Oh, good baby news! A friend is returning to work today now that her maternity leave is over - it'll be a tough day for her and baby.

Okay, Annie's mentioned corn bread and garlic bread in recent posts, so I'll chime in and mention that I downed three pieces of crusty delicious sourdough bread last night, with butter. Bf phoned me at work during the day and mentioned how great it was, and I just had to have some when I got home from work. Trader Joe's Sourdough Baguette. That was not OP.

Okay, better get back to work. My vacation time starts Thursday and I'm just itching to be out of here, but I've got several things to finish before then!
Old 10-13-2009, 12:48 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Popping in to say hello.

It's raining hard outside and I just want to crawl under the desk and sleep. However, with the camera shining on me and the other boss is in his office today I don't think it possible. I'm reeaally tired of the rain.

I've noticed this morning that the tree's across the street have some yellow in them.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #133  
Annie - Indiana

Um Laura, so the BF is a bit fattening, is he? with the bread and all, he shouldn't call you and mention things like that.

Ceejay...I see you are getting the rain the TV said you would. I also have a space heater under my desk for even a more cozy nap, if you would like.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:10 PM   #134  
Annie - Indiana

Chelle...you must be busier than a one armed paper hanger today!!
Old 10-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #135  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

I am in a very cranky mood today. Nothing good to say about anyone or anything. I'll come back when I'm more human.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote