Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 04:20 PM   #391  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Carri- TOM is a huge downer so I know how you feel. I guess I was ovulating yesterday bc I was having killer cramps on my left side with back pain But TOM will be over soon for you!

Liz-Hope your having a good day too! There always seems to be something to do when your home with kids! I am trying to get everything together for the boys to start school soon.

I took Logan to get his 4 year shots and my birth control refill and when they weighed me I was 219 ( I know it was because of my jeans and big shirt lol But the girl (who saw me 3 months before bc I got a refill then) said "Man you have lost alot of weight!" Talk about making me feel good! No one has really said anything about my weight bc they see my almost everyday. I asked her to write down the last few times I was there and weight.I didnt own a scale before my journey and had no idea!
11/18/09 239 2/5/10 233 (lost bc of a stomach flu) 5/11/10 240 and today 8/5/10 219 (though I know I'm really 216/217). Seeing this makes me know I am doing the right thing with the weight loss. I am at a little plateau but will make it through! When I go back in Oct I want to be close to onederland!!
Old 08-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #392  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Carri - Sorry you're down, and sorry that chocolate chip cookie was tasteless!! I hope TOM is gone for you soon...I get really moody and craving stuff during it too.

Mel - Wow, that's great to see all of your progress!! It's nice too to get the comments, I don't get any either partly because I have so far to go and also because I see people everyday almost.

Well weigh in day ladies, I am at 212.6! So 3.6 down. I am really happy with my progress so far, I am surprised to be losing 3+ pounds every week. I haven't been off plan yet....hoping to keep it that way for a while. Anyways hope you all have a fabulous day (and hope you're feeling better Carri!!)!
Old 08-06-2010, 10:15 AM   #393  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls ...all I can say is "wow" ...you two are doing SO well ...Liz - you are gonna be in the single digit 200's before you know it !!!! And Mel - you have lost so much ...wow ...with me going on vacation and probbly gaining a few while there we are all probably gonna hit Onederland at the same time at this rate !!! And then we move on to trying to get into 180's-land
haha

Well I am feeling a little better today but it might be due to the fact that I drowned my sorrows in corn dogs and M&M's ....I know, not good for me but my TOM took over ...trying to be good today ...I am just SO much hungrier when I am on my TOM ...

Well everyone have a good day and keep up the good work, we are all doing awesome !!!

Carri
Old 08-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #394  
One Day at a Time...

Wow Liz thats amazing!! I guess the running around with the kids is working!!

Carri I have the same prob with TOM its like I am a different person or something lol I want to eat everything in sight during that time! Vacation is coming soon yay!!

I was 216.5 today, the lasagna and garlic bread didnt help last night lol I swear until my brother goes home I wont be eating completely right! My sis in law is making enchiladas tonight but I'm not going to eat much. I can def tell a difference in how much I can eat now,I get fuller alot faster!
Hope you all have a great day!
P.s. Liz I would LOVE to know your secret LOL
Old 08-07-2010, 12:58 PM   #395  

Hey gals!! Thanks!

Mel - No secret, honestly! I've just been following my calorie count, also I really try to stay away from anything with a lot of sodium, and also I'm working on upping my protein. I feel like I'm on my feet most of the day with the kids...carrying Katie around, and Jacob always wants to be active, I used to sit on the deck in the backyard and instead now I play soccer with him, fun for him, and fun for me...I should have been doing this all along.

It's my Dad's bday today, he lives in a nursing home unfortunately...for the last two years. Anyhow my mom and I and the kids went to see him, and we took him out for a walk and my mom was following me as I pushed the wheelchair, and she's like "liz you're looking really good, especially from behind!"...lol...that was fun, my first comment other than DH, so yay!
Old 08-07-2010, 08:31 PM   #396  
One Day at a Time...

Glad that your dad had a great bday! And doesnt it feel awesome to get little comments like that!

I went and bought a dress (my first in a long time) for my best friends reception for her wedding. They eloped to Gatlinburg a few weeks ago and are going to have a reception here saturday. I will try to post pics of it soon
Old 08-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #397  
One Day at a Time...

Here is the dress I bought today. I actually don't think I look half bad in it except my big hips lol It was sleeveless but I didn't feel comfortable with showing my arms yet so I bought the shrug to go with it Tell me what you think because I need honest opinions!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg newdress.jpg (10.5 KB, 17 views)
Old 08-08-2010, 01:21 PM   #398  
One Day at a Time...

Well ladies after yesterday and today weighing 215 I feel safe to move my ticker! I am just so ready to get in the 20x's then onederland!! My friend changed her reception to the 28th so now I have 3 weeks instead of 1 to lose more weight! yay! There are going to be some people there I haven't seen in a long time and it sounds bad but would love to rub it in their face that I have lost weight. Who comments on someones weight (when I was bigger) when they weight a lot more than you?! Guess that's why I'm not friends with them anymore!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! I wish it didn't fly by so fast
Old 08-08-2010, 08:44 PM   #399  

Mel - I LOVE that dress!! It's really pretty. And I don't know what you mean about big hips, honestly....I think you look really good. It'll be great to see some people you haven't in a while and show them the new you!! Especially jerks who might have commented on your weight!

Anyhow yes the weekend went fast, and I stayed on plan mostly except for today when I had some pizza....which would have been OK but I ate a little too much and went over by 300 calories. No biggie!! I'm very close to the 2-0's, I weighed in this morning at 210.6, but I'll probably be up tomorrow. DD is going through a growth spurt I think and has been nursing A TON during the night, so I think that is really contributing to my quick weight loss. Keep nursing Katie!! haha
Old 08-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #400  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls - sorry I was MIA over the weekend ...I was having a good time eating, relaxing, and running around ...didnt eat too many good things for me but I have sort of relaxed since I hit my 30 pd goal for vacation ...I figure I will come back and hit it hard and get another 30 off by Christmas hopefully...just trying to maintain now and through vacation.

Mel - that dress looks SO good on you ...wear it with pride !!! It is really pretty ...I love dresses but dont really own any....no matter how much weight I lose I still dont like the size of my calves, they seem huge to me...

Liz - Happy Birthday to your dad !!! And great job on the 210 ....are you trying to catch up with me or something? haha ... I am so happy for you, now you are the one that is melting away...

I am so tired today, was up too late last night and now at work I am having trouble keeping my eyes open...gonna be a long one !!!! Plus I have bad gas from all the soda I drank this weekend, I know, TMI .....lol

Well have a great day girls, talk to you later !!

Carri
Old 08-09-2010, 03:19 PM   #401  
One Day at a Time...

Thanks for the support ladies!

Liz- I heard breast feeding helps you lose weight so yay for it working! Neither of my boys really wanted anything to do with it. 210....you are doing awesome!!

Carri-I would def just chill and enjoy life since you reached your goal for vacation already. When are you leaving again?
Old 08-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #402  
It is what it is...

Good Morning - it has been so freakin' hot here the last few weeks, everyday over 90 and really high humidity, makes me not wanna leave the house, I basically go to work and then come right home, dont wanna be outside...I suppose FL will be just as hot if not worse...so better get used to it
We are going to Symphony on the Prairie on Friday night, suppose that will be nice and hot for us

Yeah Mel - I am just taking it easy and maintaining for the next few weeks...then like I said when I get back I will step it up again...just dont wanna gain a ton that week. but with all the walking and sweating I will be doing I suppose it'll be a draw, haha

Hi Liz and Arabella

Been having an issue with tennis elbow, or tendonitus...have had it off and on for months, typing at work never really helps it...been taking it easy.
Some days worse than others, hopefully today will be a good one.

Well hope you all have a great day ...talk to you later.

Carri
Old 08-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #403  
One Day at a Time...

It has been super hot here too,heat index of 108 yesterday afternoon. And the mosquitoes were out in full force....hate those things. I absolutely can't wait for FALL!! I want to decorate and have my windows open!

My little boy starts 1st grade tomorrow and I think I am more nervous than he is! We met his new teacher and she seems really nice. His kindergarten teacher was not very nice so I really hope this one is better! Logan's school starts Monday,what will I do with myself for 4 hours a day?! Clean....sounds about right haha

Hope you ladies have a great Tuesday!!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:45 PM   #404  

Carri - When do you go on vacation again?

Mel - School already? Jacob is starting preschool in September, I can't believe it...he's not potty trained yet though and he is supposed to be for it, oh well! It's only 2 hours twice a week so I'm sure it'll be fine.

It's really hot here too - we got out this morning and at 9am I thought I was going to sweat to death! Anyways we're home now and the kid are napping so hopefully we can take it easy the rest of the day.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:36 AM   #405  
It is what it is...

Morning ...still hot as all get out here ...last night at 10:00 it will still 90 out I am so over this Summer ...they say this is our 4th hottest summer on record here ...

I have been really good the last two days, staying on plan, just trying to stay on plan until we leave, 2 weeks from now, and then I can splurge some until I get back.
I was looking at my bathing suit last night and really not wanting to take it with me or put it on at all ...not looking so good ...but I figure I will bring it and wear it if I just HAVE too ...haha

Mel - yeah school has started here too ..started on Tuesday...it is usually pretty early here ...which I dont mind, these older kids get bored and are up to no good late at night ...wow, do I sound old ?

Liz - Hi, yeah we leave in 2 weeks ...cant wait !!!!!

Well have a great day girls, if we all dont melt !!!!

Carri
Closed Thread