Old 04-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #196  

Hey 37-take it easy on the leg, stick to walking for a while. I have knee trouble too, and I am so afraid to over-use and not be able to run at all. My new exercise schedule has only 4 days of running a week.
Prep, you are off to a good start!
Miriam, on the home stretch! Go!
Red, 10 days is just about halfway! You are doing great!!
I did not start any of my challenges, I don't think calorie counting will be possible for me. I have to think of a different eating challenge.
In the mean time...
No Beer, Day 1, (2 pauses allowed)
Stick to exercise schedule, lift off, (3 pauses allowed)
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:01 PM   #197  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Apple - I don't even know how to count calories... I went to a dietitian last week to help me form some kind of plan for eating as I was just diagnosed with celiac <what else can go wrong?? LOL> and she had me write down everything I ate for the whole week and come back to her. Well - my appt is in the morning and I CAN'T BELIEVE how much food I consumed this week. Ugh. Feels gross seeing it on paper...
I think maybe I should make that one of my challenges again - writing food down, as it *may* help keep me somewhat on track.

37 - take it easy...I did Level 1 of Jillian's 30 day shred (did first time on monday, doing it 3 times a week, maybe..that's what the plan is anyway..) and heck am I sore! And I can't even do a modified push-up! So much for fitness....

Last edited by miriam101; 04-29-2009 at 04:09 PM.
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #198  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Smile still at it...

Day 11 completed on No Smoking Challenge

Day 4 completed on my Get Real Challenge! (that means only REAL food goes in my mouth!)

prepping -- Thanks for the support! And you're doing great yourself! Keep it up!!

Apple -- Good to have you back, old trooper. I hate calorie counting and still rail against it. Eating healthy is better for me, no sugar, no processed foods. It's really hard and ticks me off that it's so hard to find good food and have to get through all the junk out there that is pushed and marketed as food. It's NOT! It's garbage. And it's getting worse here, with more and more fast-food and faster food joints popping up. Good luck on your no-beer challenge. And congrats on the exercise liftoff!

unwanted -- You've really got to take it easy. You have already injured yourself from overdoing it and if you keep at it, you could just end up being knocked out of action for much, much longer. That's why it's important to choose 21-day challenges that are actually doable and a lot of things don't fit the parameters. It's not always about determination and will power. A lot of times is about strategy.
The 21er is not made for certain types of things but there are other threads for those. Maybe you should reassess and regroup. You'Ve got to listen to your body!!
Oh, and unwanted, long thread? This is nothing. We used to have threads that were huge. And then we've had threads that went on for months with just a couple of us, like Apple and, of course, me. These threads don't start by months or anything else. They start, get this, when I, me, moi, start a new personal challenge and that will almost always coincide with my finishing an old challenge. So, if you want a new thread soon, you'll just have to be sure to cheer me on and get me through my best one so far, the no-smoking thread. Just about 10 days to go!
Come on, help me out!!!

miriam -- What happened to your post??!? Great going on the challenges. What are you doing anyhow?
Glad I amused you. An undeclared challenge, in the jargon of these most ancient threads is known as a "slealth." You see, we have a history!
Oh, speaking of Shred, I bought the video but it's the wrong region and can't watch it! And, at that moment, I'm writing a story on your area, an interview with a journalist who has written a lot of books and done films on the Occupied Territories (i.e., Gaza, West Bank). Can you speak Hebrew? I think the writing looks impossible...and I read Japaense! All the Hebrew letters look the same to me! I'm up early to try to work on that and here I am, distracting myself further!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:24 PM   #199  
Never give up

Oh, and Sara, forgot about you...your post was SO far back!! Successful liftoff, eh? Atta girl!!
Old 04-29-2009, 05:27 PM   #200  
Never give up

Talking and congrats for unwanted!!!

BRAVO unwanted37lbs!!
Congratulations on completing your challenge!!!

Last edited by redballoon; 04-29-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:38 PM   #201  
looser

S/C/G: 185/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

OMG thank you!!!!!! llol i completed the chalange with enjury! Lesson learned But again this is all new to me - fitness and such. I would have to think of new things now.
unwanted37lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:33 AM   #202  
Never give up

I am craving sugar badly!! Help!!! Sometime send me some support! I have a LONG story to write and always when I write I crave sugar...or maybe a cigarette would be good....
Old 04-30-2009, 06:54 AM   #203  
Never give up

Talking dig and delve...I've done 12!

Well, I made it through the cravings, appeased them by going out and getting some sweet watermelon. Also found some nonfat yogurt (very rare here) and put 100 percent fruit jam in it. Ok, I used to do this. The calories are too high, but for now, I'll take it.
I then took a break from writing, went to the convenience store, looked at the exercise magazines and imagined myself doing a workout ......then bought more food and came home and ate it.
I want to get back exercising. I have had long weeks of lethargy, other than walking and riding. But that's not enough and my body wants more!
Depending on the progress I can make on this story, perhaps I can get to the gym before work tomorrow.
Wish me luck!

I'm calling today...

Day 12 on No Smoking Challenge completed

Day 5 on Get Real Challenge completed
(I haven't eaten any sugar in 5 days...why haven't I lost 5 lbs? )
Old 04-30-2009, 10:59 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Day 4
- Alcohol in moderation (max 1 glass on weekdays, 3 on weekends): 3 of 3 pauses left
- NO junk food: 3 of 3 pauses left
- Exercise of some sort every day: 3 of 3 pauses left

Doing great with my exercise routine of resistance training! Even if I'm not dropping pounds, it's kind of neat to be able to see muscle definition.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:36 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Challenge:

Exercise daily - Day 4

NO desserts - Day 4

NO bad fast food - Day 4

NO popping knuckles - Day 1

Back to my routine! I'm also back on track with my weight loss journey!! Down 1 pound today

Everyone is doing so great!! Keep it up!!!
Saramommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:36 PM   #206  

No Beer, Day 2, (2 pauses allowed)
Stick to exercise schedule, Day 1 (3 pauses allowed)
Eat to lose weight, lift off (3 pauses allowed)
OK, Eat to lose weight is just that. If I pig out, or make unhealthy choices, well, that's a pause (or failure) I'll KNOW when I've screwed up and I'll be honest with myself. I don't know how else to challenge myself with food with out being too restrictive.
In case anyone is wondering, my exercise sched is this: Sun: Rest or Wii fit, Mon: Run, Tue: Gym, Wed: Run, Thurs: Gym, Fri: Run, Sat: Bike. My running schedule will have me running a 7 miler by the middle of June! And I'll probably throw in elipitical or bike on gym days, and Wii fit here and there. Wii fit doesn't count as REAL exercise, but the strength and yoga stuff feels good.
Red, sorry I couldn't be there for you in your time of need. Congrats on making it through on your own! You are more powerful than you let yourself believe!!!
Saramom, looking good!! Congrats on the one pound. That reminds me, weigh in tomorrow!
37! Yes I forgot to congratulate you yesterday! Great job!
I know what you mean, Miriam. I think I am bailing out of the counting cals challenge because the reality is too depressing.
No really, I just can't do it with the family around. It's too hard. What causes
celiac?
I'm tempted to try the 30 day shred...I've never been too successful with videos though...

Last edited by Apple Blossom; 04-30-2009 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:50 AM   #207  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Hi all,

Day 18 complete here. Going for the home stretch.... Should start thinking about what to plan next.

What a stupid fiasco at the dietitian. She certainly doesn't know much about real nutrition, and next to nothing about vegetarianism. She kept asking me - do you eat tuna? No. Duh. Anyway - she gave me such a stupid diet that I kinda just sat there and was like - what? This is what you want me to eat every day? Whatever. Waste of time, if you ask me... Don't know where the celiac came from - just kinda popped up - actually found it by accident because I don't have any classical celiac symptoms.

37 - WTG on completing you challenge! Don't stop now - what's next?

PB - muscle definition? What's that? LOL I'd like to see my waist, hahaha Getting closer to your big day - eh?

Saramommy - good for you1 Staying on challenges, and weight loss... Keep it up!

Red! Good for you for resisting nasty temptation! And yes, I'm fluent in Hebrew and you're right - for someone who knows Japanese - what's a few Hebrew letters?? We only have 22 I used to live in the occupied territories. But do I have some interesting stories myself!! Hmm - maybe Hebrew letters cause sugar cravings. Wouldn't THAT explain a thing or 2! HAHA

Apple - wow you really have a tough exercise regime! Do you enjoy the exercise? I just did the 30 day shred for the 3rd time, that Jillian is a slave driver. All my muscles hurt, so either I'm doing something very right or very wrong!! LOL And this stupid diet the dietitian gave me - I kind of feel like I'm on my own again. I really should go to some nutritionist who knows a thing or 2 about celiac and vegetarianism etc.
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:25 PM   #208  

No Beer, Day 3, (2 pauses allowed)
Stick to exercise schedule, Day 2 (3 pauses allowed)
Eat to lose weight, Day 1 (3 pauses allowed)
Yay, my weigh in was 162! At least the scale moved in the right direction!!
Miriam, I read a brief article about celiac because I was curious. Apparently you can have it with out knowing it. (no symptoms!) Fun. But as far as I could gather, it's a gluten thing, right? I wouldn't bother consulting a nutritionist, they seem kind of quacky to me, but thats just me on a . Grab some books from the library first, I KNOW there are tons of Veg cook books, probably lots of gluten free one's too.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #209  
looser

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballoon View Post
unwanted -- You've really got to take it easy. You have already injured yourself from overdoing it and if you keep at it, you could just end up being knocked out of action for much, much longer. That's why it's important to choose 21-day challenges that are actually doable and a lot of things don't fit the parameters. It's not always about determination and will power. A lot of times is about strategy.
The 21er is not made for certain types of things but there are other threads for those. Maybe you should reassess and regroup. You'Ve got to listen to your body!!
I guess you never know if its "doable" or not until you try it especially for the 1st timers like me. Lesson learned
Old 05-01-2009, 03:41 PM   #210  
looser

Let see... my new 21 days challange will be...
1. .... at least 1 hour of exersice a day
2. .... 2 glasses of water before breakfast and 9 glasses of water total in a day (or more.. but not less)
3. .... no meals after 7pm. Fruit can be allowed as 9pm snack.

Last edited by unwanted37lbs; 05-01-2009 at 03:42 PM.