Old 04-25-2009, 04:34 PM   #181  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Day 10 complete. BUT if my husband doesn;t get the next prescription of vitamins tomorrow - I'll be stuck.. And it's a good thing I didn't specify WHAT breakfast IS, LOL <it's been cookies, hahaha but at least i'm setting a pattern....>

Red! Wassup with you??! Get out of those dumps and do something to make yourself proud! And put on your favorite music while you do it. Not smoking is a ROUGH challenge. And you're doing GREAT.

37 - what a dolly! i feel like an evil mommy when I see the energy everyone puts into their kids. I have a bunch of them, but I'm working full time and never get to see them.

Anyway - I am zonked, have a tough week ahead.
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #182  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Angry mad enough to do something about it!

Ok, here goes on a new start. I am going to go ALL OUT. None of this in-between, indulgent crappola. I've been indulging for far too long and I DON'T need it. I know, I know, the gentle types say, "Don't do the all-or-nothing thing. Go easy on yourself." BUT, BUT, BUT, the all-or-nothing thing works wonders for me. I NEED strictness.

I was reading my blog (which I hadn't updated in months) and was surprised to read how I'd been at one point over 50 days off booze and sugar and cigs and here I am now, atop (no, UNDER!) a garbage heap of excuses, fat and indulgence. YUCK! This is NOT me, or not the me I am capable of. Enough! I am mad and, for me, mad means power!

I will post my challenges once I've gotten them off the launch pad.

It's going to be hard but I'm doing the damn no-smoking thing, so I guess I can do some more.

miriam -- Thanks! I needed that! Yeah, what is up with me, moping around like a total wimp, when I'm certainly not, acting like I need this and that to do whatever. Yeah, well, maybe not having those things does make it hard, but what am I going to do about it, eh? Continue to mope? ......no, NOT an option.

And, miriam, what's up with you?! Cookies do not a breakfast make! Get some fruit in you, or oatmeal, or hummus on black bread, I don't know. What's a traditional Israeli breakfast that a veghead can eat. I'm a veg too, by the way...lacto-ovo, but tending toward vegan. And when you say "strict vegetarian," do you mean vegan?

I am so tired of people eating fish and calling themselves vegetarians. My other peeve is people calling themselves carnivores because they eat meat. They are meat-eaters! Oh, please, read some books, people! Human beings are omnivores no matter what they eat. Cats are carnivores. Eating meat does not me a carnivore make. And a cow could eat meat and it still would be an herbivore. Ok, sorry, had to rant, nothing to do with you there....

Why, tell me, do you need a prescription for vitamins, miriam?

unwanted -- My gosh, you are talented! Really, are you aware of your talent?!? I certainly hope so. And, I hope you're making some money with those photos you do for other people. Tell me, why does it being Sunday mean you can't have a party?

willow -- Of course you can join. It's OK!! Good luck! Those are good challenges!!

Last edited by redballoon; 04-25-2009 at 06:26 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:26 PM   #183  
looser

S/C/G: 185/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

redbaloon! thank you! i do realize of my talent and i am very blessed to have photo equipment. I am just not blessed with time . So maybe every once in a while i do snap kids photos and probably 1-2 times a month do it for others. But i cant go with it full time (or rely completely on photos money) because there is just not enogh hours in a day for me. Coming months of May and June wil be very busy for me. I have 2 weddings to do (one in May and one June) and have 3 babies photohoot. I dont even know when i will do all that. Thank you so much!!!! I am glad you liked it. I just wanted to share my 1 year old daughter's invitation

NO GYM TODAY... i have painful shin splint.. maybe tomorrow will be better

Last edited by unwanted37lbs; 04-25-2009 at 09:39 PM.
unwanted37lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #184  
looser

day 20... since i was banded from Treadmill (bad shin splints),... had to do something else... so i did 30 mins on Eliptical and 30 mins on Arc machine. This will be my exercise for a whole month looks like.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:28 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

I'm back...

My husband and I went to Lake Tahoe this weekend to celebrate our 3 year anniversary. We had a great time! But going on the vacation totally messed up my challenge. So, I'm starting the exercise challenge again tomorrow. I'm also adding on the other two challenges I had before (no desserts or bad fast food). I also want to stop popping my knuckles. So, I'm adding that onto the list as well. I'm giving myself 3 pauses for each challenge...they are all hard ones for me!

Challenges are starting tomorrow.

*I don't even want to weigh myself tomorrow morning....I know I've gained a couple *
Saramommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:53 AM   #186  
looser

SARAMOMMY - welcome back! i bet it was a wonderful trip! I just noticed your height and weight is about same as mine now I cant even dream to come close to 125. I will look up to you since we are kinda the same

Last edited by unwanted37lbs; 04-27-2009 at 04:53 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

not-so-good-news... After getting to a glorious 17 days, I had an over-indulging weekend that has me starting from square one. My Jack & Jill was on Saturday where I had many many drinks and lots of things that aren't exactly allowed in a healthy diet. Plus, I didn't even get any exercise in. So, that's a great big X in all categories.

Day 1 *sigh*
- Alcohol in moderation (max 1 glass on weekdays, 3 on weekends): 3 of 3 pauses left
- NO junk food: 3 of 3 pauses left
- Exercise of some sort every day: 3 of 3 pauses left

Last edited by prepping; 04-27-2009 at 03:37 PM.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:31 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by unwanted37lbs View Post
SARAMOMMY - welcome back! i bet it was a wonderful trip! I just noticed your height and weight is about same as mine now I cant even dream to come close to 125. I will look up to you since we are kinda the same
We are the same! My goal is 125 because that was my weight before I started having babies. The goal will take time, but I know I can do it!!! Good luck to you...even 140's would be a great difference right now

Challenge:

Exercise daily - Day 1

NO desserts - Day 1

NO bad fast food - Day 1

NO popping knuckles - Day 1

Off to a good start!!!

Last edited by Saramommy; 04-28-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Saramommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:31 AM   #189  

Just thought I'd pop in to say hi.
Off challenges again. But I'm going to join the Wake Up to The Truth club with Red strating tomorrow. No more excuses, it's time to get serious etc. I had a good week last week, until the week-end hit. But I haven't been exercising much so that will step up and I'll continue with the better eating habits. It all comes down to eat less, exercise more. So tomorrow is day one and the challenges will be:
No Beer (2 pauses allowed)
Stick to exercise schedule (3 pauses allowed)
1500 cals (2 Pauses allowed)
I'm sorry, but I have to do a bit of tidying before DH gets home. Hello everyone!!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:46 AM   #190  
looser

I didnt do anything today. My leg hurts so bad now. And today i feel so sick like fever sick from all this pain. I will see if I can get to see dr tomorrow. (for those who dont know, i have leg pain from exersicing too hard).... so whatch out you guys! Dont over do it!
Old 04-28-2009, 10:53 AM   #191  

Day 2
- Alcohol in moderation (max 1 glass on weekdays, 3 on weekends): 3 of 3 pauses left

37, so sorry to hear about the pain! That sounds awful. Take care of yourself and i wish you a speedy recovery.

Last edited by prepping; 04-28-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:12 PM   #192  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Wink going strong....

Sorry for the absence but I've been going strong...pretty much.

Today is Wednesday.

I've completed 10 days on the No Smoking Challenge
(God, is it only a measly 10? )

AND, I made it through the ultimate test...drinking with my regular drinking buddy, with whom I usually smoke chain! I think I'm over the hardest part. Last week was REALLY tough.

and

Day 3 on an until-now-undeclared No Sugar, No Processed Foods Challenge.

Hurrah!

No time to talk now. I'll try to get in here later!

Last edited by redballoon; 04-28-2009 at 05:27 PM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #193  

Day 3

red, doing great!!! keep it up
Old 04-29-2009, 12:20 PM   #194  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

HMPH!

I had written a loooong post with personals and all 2 days ago - and it's not even here! WTH?!

Challenges: going strong - day 16 done

37 - how are you doing now?

Apple - nice to see ya!

PB - good for you to hop right back on the wagon!

Saramommy - ugh,,,such rough challenges! Go girl go!

And RED.... Well well well! Sneaking in undeclared challenges? LOL You crack me up
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #195  
looser

Well i did go to the gym last night... so that was my day 21. I did 1 mile on treadmill walking (3 mph) and then did weights. Its not 3 miles but you get what you get lol.... My leg is still not perfect but its getting better. Now i will see what i can do for next challange.

We should start May challange thread soon this became very long