Day 13 completed on No Smoking

Day 6 completed on Get Real Challenge

redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #212  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Thumbs up out of mind...

Well, I'm two weeks down. Last night I had a couple beers and, now that I think about it, the thought of smoking never even crossed my mind. It was not the kind of situation where I would have been sorely tempted to smoke, but still, it was something.

Day 14 completed on No Smoking

Day 7 completed on Get Real Challenge

How's everyone doing? It sure gets lonely in here on the weekends...
Old 05-03-2009, 12:39 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Challenge:

Exercise daily - Day 6

NO desserts - Day 6

NO bad fast food - Day 5 -used a pause day yesterday...shoot!

NO popping knuckles - still on the starting blocks
Saramommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 07:15 AM   #214  
Never give up

Smile

Well, I hadn't meant to take any pauses, but I will....today I had sugar, not all that much and I don't plan to continue it (it's not worth it!) but I did have some sugar ...confessed.

I'm calling the day, because I'm NOT going to smoke...

Day 15 completed on No Cigs

Day 7 completed 1 pause taken on Get Real challenge

Sara -- Good going on exercise and desserts! Fast food? Oops...did Mac's get you? What's with the no popping knuckles challenge? Are you going to do it or NOT? ...bit of drill sergeant there for ya. How 'bout you knuckle down, eh, and start racking up those days?

unwanted, Apple, miriam, prepping, hang in there!!

Last edited by redballoon; 05-03-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:05 PM   #215  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Okay - day 20 complete! Can't believe I've taken vitamins so many days in a row! LOL One more day...

I started another challenge today too - I'm going to call it the X challenge (as in X-ercise, haha) and that is to do some sort of exercise every day <yes I have a plan, but I'm scared to commit it to paper, uh - computer, so I don't jinx it> BUT I do want to share: I did 5.23 K on the treadmill in 52 minutes!! I am vERYYYYYYY proud of myself, and for some reason don't seem to be getting enough positive feedback at home about that, so I'm looking for some online, haha

It is celiac awareness month in Israel and also a gluten-free restaurant festival and my parents took me out to lunch and I made <fairly> good choices, except dessert. Well, can't have it all! At least I only took a few bites of my father's and didn't order any for me!

RED - WTG...2 weeks! Wow! I can't believe it's been that long! Tel me again about the get real challenge. How's your story going? Has your Hebrew fluency improved?

Saramommy (can I do SM for short??) - almost a week! I don't know how to not pop my knuckles for an HOUR let alone a DAY... Let us know how that goes..

Apple - how goes it? The celiac is..challenging, haha I'm so limited with my food as it is. That really sucks <pardon my language> as food is literally my only vice. Whaddya say, gals? Shall I take up smoking or drinking instead? Sorry, that's not really funny. Especially since I enjoy drinking!!! LOL

Last edited by miriam101; 05-03-2009 at 02:08 PM.
miriam101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 05:39 PM   #216  
Never give up

Wink

miriam -- Good for you! 20 days, wow! Talk about how fast my days seem to be going, I can't believe you're almost through! And three cheers for the treadmill 5 K plus. Don't you hate it when people close to you don't seem to care, or don't care? I never get any feedback period. The only place I ever did get it was in the gym or when it was totally unwanted and even rude. Japan is really bad for that. You'll meet someone you haven't seem in a long time and the first thing will be, "you've gotten fat!" OK, that's not the norm nor is it considered polite. It's just the old guys in my circles do that a lot.... I mean, I never go, "and ****, you look ancient, a ton older than you used to, you have less hair and you basically look like a sleaze." Maybe I should start making my own comments and see how they take it.

Is it really celiac awareness month? How bizarre! Well, good for you for refraining at lunch!

The Get Real Challenge is about eating what I call "real food," nothing processed, all natural or as close as I can get without feeling totally deprived. I have a breakfast of oats and all sorts of different grains and seeds (such as amaranth, quinoa, millet, flax, hemp) with dried foods cooked in (cranberries, blueberries, raisins) with raw honey and soy milk on it and my other favorite lunch or dinner is a huge salad of mixed raw veggies with cheese (my weakness and why I don't want to go vegan ) and then hot brown rice and maybe lentils on top (which melts the cheese), that kind of thing. I'm still allowing bread but I want to get away from this. I feel so wonderful and full of energy when I don't eat any processed foods and/or white sugar. My problem is I stray too often from this or I drink beer or I just eat too much of the good things!

I tell you, I cannot stand, absolutely hate it to not have a clue about a language. Now, all I need to do is google around and I did just that with Hebrew. I found some excellent, really amazing Web sites on learning. For now, I just want to be able to recognize the alphabet. I have already studied Russian and Bengali and Korean, but Hebrew bugged the bejiggers out of me. I kid you not, I can now identify aleph, bet, mem and mem sofit in book print, manual print and cursive (and maybe write them myself). Just let me crack the script. It's enough for me not to feel like you feel when there's a word/song name something, right on the tip of you tongue and you just can't remember it. That's exactly how I feel when I see some language that is totally Greek to me!

Oh, yes, and my story is done and printed. Gave it to the film director whose film it was I was watching and a profile on him. He was very happy about it.

Last edited by redballoon; 05-03-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:11 AM   #217  
Keep Chuggin'

ACED IT - 21 days of breakfast, B12 and Vitamin D finished!

Day 2 - X challenge

Red - you can almost read my name then - miriam has a mem, then raish, then yud, and then mem sofit! I love languages. If I had a lot of money and no financial obligations I'd like to hang out at Berlitz and soak em up!

Running to work now! TTYL
Old 05-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #218  
looser

S/C/G: 185/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

i am starting today
unwanted37lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

wow, lots happened over the weekend.

I'm starting over the challenge as of today. Too many functions over the weekend.

Day 1
- Alcohol in moderation (max 1 glass on weekdays, 3 on weekends): 3 of 3 pauses left
- NO junk food: 3 of 3 pauses left
- Exercise of some sort every day: 3 of 3 pauses left
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:54 PM   #220  
Never give up

Unhappy saved but not saved....

Well, the news is good and not good. I was thinking I had made both my challenges yesterday but I didn't. Though I didn't eat any sugar, I did eat some chips (which probably did have some sugar in them anyhow) and those are processed junk. So, I'm going to have to take another pause....yikes.

I did, however, abstain from smoking, though I was tempted. Out with a buddy (former buddy?) I was pretty shocked by some of the criticism he was laying on me and found myself wanting to go off to some of my old haunts and lick my wounds with disgusting smokes. But, I didn't. I came home and had the chips instead. Not bad, considering the alternatives (total sugar pigout, out till morning after chain smoking...yes, people, I am a jerk).

So....

Day 16 completed on No Cigs

Day 7 completed on Get Real, with 2 pauses taken

Gotta shape up and get myself in check here!

unwanted -- Good luck!!

prepping -- And good luck to you too!!

miriam -- Hurrah!!!
GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!
Ok, I looked up yud and raish. I can't see how that spells Miriam though, or is your name different in Hebrew? Well, I guess I can, but it seems different.... How does it sound? I think we are similar with languages, though I don't have the love of them so much. I need to talk with people and experience life through those languages and then I can continue just studying the languages. I need to actually make the language be a part of me somehow through experience. I used to be able to just study but that has lost its appeal. Besides, there are just too many languages. The reason Hebrew bugged me is because I was listening to people speak it and saw the Web sites while I was doing this article. Of course, I also want to learn Arabic!

Last edited by redballoon; 05-04-2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:41 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Challenge:

Exercise daily - Day 9

NO desserts - Day 9

NO bad fast food - Day 8
Saramommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:48 PM   #222  

Could have sworn I messaged yesterday... guess not!

Day 3
- Alcohol in moderation (max 1 glass on weekdays, 3 on weekends): 3 of 3 pauses left
Old 05-06-2009, 03:36 PM   #223  
Keep Chuggin'

Day 3 of X challenge, but today I had to take a pause because of a migraine, 2 pauses left.

Red - Miriam is written mem, raish, yud, mem sofit.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 185/180/155

Height: 5'8"

I'm gonna try for no more than 1 "bad" food a day, with 3 pause days (Fridays are date nights with my hubby).
Athendta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #225  

Athendta, that's a worthwhile challenge! I had to taper down to 1 "bad" meal a week and then was informed by my trainer that it should only be 1 bad meal a month. sucks don't it? lol (i'm still doing my best to follow her advice -- very poorly so far!)

Going strong for my first week!

Day 4

Last edited by prepping; 05-07-2009 at 10:12 AM.