Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 08:49 PM   #91  
ugggg.....

Mom went to the regular doctor on Friday--turns out she has a sinus infection..forgot to tell me the cancer doc called Friday with Thursdays cat scan results...no lung cancer!!

Hubby had flowers delivered today!! First time in 23 years,,,I was shocked...

Katy==hugs to your family

Cristina==your dinner sounds good...I made tacos..good luck with the open house

Susieq--I can get pretty witchy myself....Happy bday to Gaby!!

trying to get Dominic to sleep...hi and bye to everyone else!!!

Last edited by jules1216; 02-15-2009 at 08:02 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #92  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello and a Happy Sunday to all!

JULES...so glad to hear it's not lung cancer! Hope the sinus infection clears up soon. Aaawww, how sweet of your hubby.

Nothing going on today. Thinking I am going to get lots of reading done, and hopefully lots of exercise too! We cancelled the open house. Jason came home from work last night not feeling so great...he has what me and dd had so he is spending the day in bed, sort of...good thing the rest room is across from his! Wasn't really feeling this open house anyway.

Have a great Sunday!
Old 02-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #93  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

HAPPY Sunday everyone.

Typed out my long post yesterday and of course lost it. I was so PO's thatI turned off the computer and didn't turn it on for the rest of the day....Now I am using DD's and we will see if this works out.

Michelle - Welcome back. Sorry to hear that you have had such a rough time. Glad that you have a very supportive boyfriend. I am sure that your daughter will come around. Make sure you come here for your daily dose of hugs.

Jules - :hugs: What a relief about no lung cancer. Too bad about the sinus infection though. Wow, that is great that your hubby sent you flowers. I need to take the kids and get their pictures done also.

Mindee - sorry to hear about your Uncle. A few years ago my BIL was very ill, and his dr's put him into a coma so that his body could just heal itself. Was in the coma for about 2 weeks. He came out of it fine. But it sure is scary when they are in the coma, and you are just waiting for everything to be ok. :hugs: to you and Tommy and the family.

Cristina - :hugs: to DS, and to you because it is always hard when males are sick. They make bad patients. My Grandma wanted a family picture of all her grown up kids. Thats what they all did for her for a Mothers Day present one year. Then the families had the option to get their families done while they were all there. Then a few years later they did one big picture with all the inlaws and kids. Hope Charlotte will be big enough to realize that we need to wait until the baby is born so that it can be in the big picture to. :hugs: to you for being an Angel MIL.

Katy - What movie did you and DH go and see? Sorry about DH Grandma. But she will receive good care.

SusieQ - Happy Birthday to Gaby. Is there going to be a party for her over at the ex's? I am glad that your coworkers realize that you are an Angel. An Angel with bug wings. I think your job should be just going around and visiting all of us so you can cheer us all up with your wacked out mind.

Francie, Sassy, Sue, Tammy and Asia to you all and hope that you are having a great day.

Well as for the results of my Valentine's Day challenge....I was not able to complete 3 miles in 30 minutes. However, I do not consider this an absolute failure. I did start off the challenge at 47 minutes, and I finished at 39 minutes. I am able to jog for 60 seconds at 5 MPH and then walk for 60 seconds at 4 MPH until I get up to 3 miles. Then I continue on to walk at 3.7 MPH until I hit 5 miles. I have managed to lose 10 lbs....most of which came off the first few weeks that I started to do this. It was nice to not focus on lbs lost, but to focus on a way to lose them.(Make sense?) So are we going to do an Easter Challenge? Mine will still be 3 miles in 30 minutes.

Took Cole, my nephew who is also 6 and my mom bowling yesterday afternoon. Then the boys stayed at my moms while I went and got groceries. Picked up Cody's girlfriend on our way home. Had a pretty quiet evening. Babysat Punkin so that the other kids could go out for the evening. Although little toddlers are great chaperones. Punkin loves Amanda and Cody. (He however was not so amused that she loves them so much and just wanted to be with them yesterday). Also, I think one of the puppies has epilepsy. It has had a couple seisures. Cole has taken over the care of this puppy, and we will be taking it to the vet tomorrow after school. Well I am off to do the daily cleaning.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:58 PM   #94  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, despite it all, we had a great Valentine's day. we went out to a different mall then last week.....we walked around and picked up some stuff from Bath and Body Works. Then we picked up the cat a collar and toy ball from the Harley Davidson store. Then we picked up some dinner on the way home and just called it good. Our neighbor told Tommy that her and her boyfriend would take turns watching the kids for us if we wanted to go out and do something tonight. Not sure what we are going to do, but it will get us out of the house that is all I know! (hopefully anyways)

I can't wait for the pictures to come in! They all turned out so cute!
Old 02-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #95  
kitty Momo

I am here! yay.

Cristina - I am glad you are still talking to me afrer what I wrote about Char's undies. Once I came down from my Starbucks buzz it was like....."ewwww, even for you Susan, that was gross...." lol I love pork chops w/ mushroom soup, never tried cooking it in a crockpot though,,,,how did it turn out?
btw- who is Jason? you don't talk much about him,,,is he a son?? lol....kind of like Chuck on Happy Days...remember that?? He went upstairs in one show and never came back down. What are you reading?

Kathy - You lost me in all your mph's.... on losing 10 pounds though! We'll have fish, honey djion kettle chips and wine for Gaby's birthday! Oh, ya....and she wants lots of presents and she has instructed us on how to wrap them. lol We ended up bowling last night too! Gaby's father took us for pizza (I did the salad bar) and bowling.....I went along for the ride and it gave him a chance to see her for her b-day. He brought us home and started to change my kitchen garbage for me and he sat down on the couch w/ the trash bag....and it was like "omg.....why are you dragging it across the living room!???" And he said...."I want to sit down to tie it, it's not leaking".......o.m.g................that is EXACTLY why we are not together! I told him to just leave my garbage alone.....lol

Jules - I am sooooo happy about the postive cat scan results! I bet that is a huge relief

Mindee- Hope you and Tommy get out for an evening! Have fun.

I better get....sorry for a quickie. Gab and I are in PDX and I have some shopping to do. Rach is going to take G to the movies while I do the errands. The ex is going to make yummy fish for me....he also bought apple fritters and he always has tons of foods I normally wouldn't have in the house. I think I will be in control and not go overboard....we hope...lol

k - bbl hope you ladies are having a nice weekend, it is beautiful in the city!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-15-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:25 PM   #96  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, our neighbor ended up not feeling well, so we didn't get a baby sitter for the kids. so we didn't get our night out like we were hoping for.....maybe one day we will!
Old 02-15-2009, 09:48 PM   #97  
kitty Momo

Mindee- pete sakes , what do you mean she isn't feeling well?
Sorry,.....one day you'll get your evening out. It kind of sucks though.

anyway, I am headed for bed early. I took the girls to the movies and went to Target and bought a few presents for Gaby and some cute shirts too. I love Target.
The ex made some salmon, green beans and red potatoes for dinner....plus I picked up some merlot for me and some kettle chips. I guess it is my monthly *free day*.....I love coming to the ex's and getting tipsy. lol
He said the dinner was his valentines to me, so that was sweet.

I'll get back on track tomorrow, I always do, so no biggie. If I range between 138 and 143 .... I will be happy.

k- off to bed I go! I told G she'll be 7 years old when she wakes up. She said she won't be a baby anymore.....aww, she'll always be mine,

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-16-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:34 AM   #98  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Howdy Ya'all

No I have not gotten lost in the boxes! lol. We have been packing a lot though, every chance we get. We are going to begin moving next Wed.

I have also been sick since Friday. It started in my throat, then it went to my head and that is where it is currently. I sound oh so wonderful, but at least I can speak otherwise I wouldn't be able to come in period, as that is my job. (call center) My coworker took off tonight so I am also all by myself. Yippee! lol. Just have to get through this week then only work 2 nights next week and then I'm gone until March 8th. But I'll be moving so its not like I'll be relaxing or anything. lol.

YW for the Vday Cards.

I send out extra for anyone in need right now.

A Very Special Hello to our Dear Friend, Michelle! So sorry that things are going so rough right now.

Well I probably won't be on that much, at least at home.

TTYL

P.S. -- My weight has not changed. So I have not lost, but I have not gained neither, so I suppose that is good, esp with all the craziness right now of moving!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 02-16-2009 at 01:39 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:04 AM   #99  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Sassy - Happy to hear you are doing ok in the moving dept. , it is such a chore. Hope your throat starts feeling better!

I am just feeling fat this morning, didn't sleep good. I don't think my system is use to eating so much anymore......or maybe it was the wine, or the fritters? Ugh, it was something. I just tossed and turned. I will be so glad to get back to salads tomorrow.
I'll have to be ok w/ having birthday cake tonight w/ Gaby and she wanted KFC, so I guess I will just pick off the fatty skin and eat the meat.

I was going to say I bought some $70 Addias the other day marked down to $23.99,so I bought them. I was happy about that.

Bachelor tonight!

I was also thinking of volunteering at the hospice center or the animal shelter, haven't really decided yet but I want to do something.

anyway - off to get ready for the day and going to my mothers.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:07 PM   #100  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Morning ladies...I have been busy with Mt. Washmore and bed changing, etc. I did sneak in a 2 mile walk..my first in awhile. Feels good. I might even get 2 more later today. My WI was pitiful..after being all the way down to 165 I am now 168. Darn it! Do you remember how long it takes me to lose 3 pounds? geeze.

Susan- I know what you mean about tossing and turning. If I eat too late I do that. Might just be that you are not "home." Happy birthday to our very grown-up Gaby.

Sassy- Hope you feel better soon. I am so anxious for you to get moved and tell us/show photos of your new home.

Jules- I have been thinking of you and your mom. So glad they ruled out lung cancer and hope she feels better soon. Mom goes to the Dr. tomorrow so we will see if her kidney has gone down any. (it was terribly enlarged)

Mindee- Hope you get a chance to go out one day soon. I am looking forward to seeing your family photos too.

Cristina- Too bad about the Open House, but worse luck about Jason getting sick. There are so many "bugs" out there this year. I have just heard that whooping cough is in our area. Now I am wondering if that is what I had when I coughed for over 3 weeks. Good luck on getting back to the exercise and routine.

Kathy- Oh, bowling sounds like fun. I used to do that all the time on a league. Would be good exercise. You are doing wonderful on the treadmill.

Katy- You have done great on your 30 month quest. And I love the picture of your tank top...lol. The felted rug is beautiful.

Michelle- Welcome back. I am thinking good thoughts for you. Hope you get to see the grandchildren. I'm sorry I don't remember that you were divorced twice from your ex. Must have been rough. Glad you have the support of a great guy. Come back often.

Off to finish folding the laundry. I think we are going out to eat later...good deal since I can't think of a thing to fix. Do you all get in that rut??
Old 02-16-2009, 01:04 PM   #101  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

DO NOT POST HERE!!! Please and thank you

Head on over to BIK #72

See ya there
Closed Thread