Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #61  
ugggg.....

Real quickee for me...go to Mom's appt tomorrow. I will be back tomorrow night....
Old 02-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #62  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping back in here.......

we had fish and macaroni and cheese for dinner since Tommy had lodge tonight. the boys went to bed without any problems, but Marissa is dragging her feet on going to sleep because daddy wasn't here to put her to bed.

I helped Brandon sign his name on his Valentine's, which he told me was fun to do. Then Logan said he wanted to send some Valentime's too.....then I went back and forth with him on them being Valentines and not Valentimes.

we are going Friday morning to get our pictures taken. we are getting a family picture taken, a picture of the kids together and then of Marissa and Logan separately, since Brandon got his picture taken in school.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:41 AM   #63  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

'Morning all...

SUSAN...wow, say it ain't so! Can't believe Gaby is going to be 7! The kids are growing too fast for sure! Glad she is enjoying the b-ball and being with her friends. Well, the 70's were nice yesterday...while it lasted. Only supposed to 55 today which still isn't bad but it started off with rain and snow...rain here and snow where J & C are. And the sun is peeking out now.

JULES...thinking of you and your momma today.

MINDEE...how is your tongue? Does it still hurt?

Not sure what I will do today. I know I have to take Cambrie to preschool later and stop at the grocery store on the way back...need to pick up a couple of things. Figure out something for dinner, not sure what sounds good. Have some laundry to do and I DO plan on 4 miles today for sure! I've been a slacker in the exercise dept....of course for good reason the last few days but I NEED to get back in the swing of things. I'll check back later on today....have a good one!
Old 02-11-2009, 11:34 AM   #64  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Ladies.

Jules - I am with you and your mom in my thoughts and prayers today. Sending you out some good vibes.

Sue - How are you and your mom doing? I hope that you are both better. Let us know.

Sassy - Thank you so much for the Valentines. Cole slept with his last night. They probably came on Friday, but someone stole our mailbox so the maillady couldn't deliver our mail. We made the trip to pick up the mail yesterday. Are you getting all packed? What day do you get to move?

Cristina - sorry to hear about your and DD flu. 70's weather would be great. Did you get out for your walk? I haven't been able to do any walking on the treadmill, as I pushed myself a little too hard and pulled a muscle in my leg....its good now, so I hope to be back at it this week. (i wasn't wearing the proper shoes. Won't make that mistake again.

Mindee - We are trying to get the Valentine's done for school also. Plus they are celebrating 100 days of school and they are suppose to bring their collection containing 100 items for Thursday. I will have to make a trip to the $ Store and maybe pick up some balloons. Then Cole can just give them out to everyone. Hope the tongue heals soon. Little Punkin got her ears pierced this last weekend. They look pretty cute.

SusieQ - Wow Gaby will be busy with all her sports. You will be busy running her around. Are you really thinking of getting your nose pierced? You are brave. You are also a nicer mom than me, I didn't let DD pierce anything. She did however let one of her friends pierce her belly button in the school bathroom. After she turned 18 she didn't want anything pierced anymore, but she did get herself a tatoo.

Katy - how did the church gathering go? Bet the lemon shortbread was a hit. Wow more snow for you. We usually get alot, but I think that you have gotten all ours this year. Did get your blog read. Love all your knitting projects.

Tammy - how are you feeling? Have you tried the elliptical trainer again? How are the wedding plans going?

Francie - How are you feeling? Have you and Fonzo still been going to the gym and taking your walks? How is it going with BIL? Is he liking his job?

Asia - How are you doing?

Well it has been busy around here. Lets see.....Hubby bought a new to him truck - his and DS dream truck. First time we were driving it, the gas gauge said that we had 1/4 tank of gas. Ran out of gas. Next night had to pick up Cole from town, and it started freezing rain on our way in. On our way home, a semi was driving over the centre line, and when DH was trying to move over and get out of the way, he lost control and we went across the highway and ended up in the ditch. All's I remember him saying is hold on, we are going to roll. I was trying to hold onto Cole. Luckily we did not roll. We of course were only about 2 kms away from home. Third time we took it out, the person who put on the new ujoints didn't do it properly, so our drive shaft fell off.....I told Mark it is time to sell the truck. Wouldn't be bad if we lived in town. Last week the kids took us to the fancy restaurant in town to celebrate our anniversary. Was nice of them. And last night, DS Cody and I drove to the city as the college that he wants to attend next year had an open house. So we went to check it out. My BIL met us there also. Cody will live with them while he is in college, but he told me on the way home that he will be home every weekend and DO NOT touch his bedroom. It is still going to be his bedroom. Well thats about all for me. I must go and get some cleaning done. 5 puppies running around do make quite a mess. So do the rest of us.

I won't stay away for so long again. I missed playing in kindergarten.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:37 PM   #65  
kitty Momo

We made it to Wednesday!

Katy - This was the Wyonna Judd quote that I tore out of a magazine while washing my comforter at the laundromat yesterday!

"Ladies, throw out your scales! Weighing yourself every day is as stupid as a man measuring his "manhood" every morning.I am not going to do it anymore. Instead of beating myself up for the 10 things I didn't do, I am going to appreciate the 2 things I did do. I am going to start celebrating myself."

I thought that was pretty good. Not that I don't peak at the scale mid week, I have been trying to just ONE weigh in a week.

Kathy - yay, you're back! Scary about DH losing control of the truck though, I am glad you all are alright! I don't know about being a nicer mom, more of a push over I would think. lol They whine and whine til they get their way, very spoiled and I can't really blame them for learning how to get their way. This morning Gab wanted to go have breakfast first before getting ready for the day and I told her no. Too hard to go up and down the stairs and I want to make sure she is ready to leave for school because she can always grab breakfast at school. anyway - she stomped her feet and let out a wail, think I was shooting her....lol. Held to my guns though! Sheesh. Running the girls around is my main job, lol, tiring too. I would love to get a nose piercing, dragging my feet on it, scared like a chicken. There is a co worker that has one and when I worked at the property management there was a lady my age w/ one,,,,and Rach says I have a nose for one, whatever that means. She is probbaly trying to butter me up for something she wants. haha.

Cristina - Yes, 7 years old. I was watching her walk to the playground all by herself this morning and thinking "I want another baby"....*gasp*...I really enjoy the baby and toddler stage. I am going to miss that w/ Gaby. Hope you have a good day! And you are SOOO not a slacker in the exercise dept!

Mindee - What kind of valentine cards did you all pisk out? gab had to pick out 2 "one for boys and one for girls" so it was Barbie and SpiderMan and she did all 18 of them by herself while saying "girls rule and boys drool"....I don't know where she came up w/ that. lol mmm, mac and cheese sounds good. What are you going to wear for the picture taking?

to everyone else!

Katy, Tammy, Sue, Sassy, Francie, Jules and Asia!

I had a mixture of yogurt/peaches and banana for my snack last night, I thought that was pretty good. I just really need to buckle down and stop eating 3 hours before bedtime. I also need to work on my water. I had a bowl of oatmeal w/ a banana this morning.

Taking Gabster to get her hair cut this afternoon but otherwise just a few errands to do and just rest for work tomorrow.

Chat more later.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-11-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #66  
One day at a time

Hello again...thought I would check back and try to keep up with all the posting going on, lol.

SUSAN...I've always wanted a nose ring too...I too worked with a lady that had one, always thought it looked...mmm, don't want to say cool because I think it implies I am trying to be cool so...just like it, lol. I know we are never too old for anything but...I am too old for that. But I'd get another tattoo in a heartbeat! Love that Gaby had to have boy and girl valentines. Cambrie was having her party in preschool today because there is no preschool Friday...lots of snacks and junk today. Charlotte made cupcakes, I took drinks, and almost everyone who dropped off a kid had cookies! Glad she is going home after that, lol. Love Wynonna's quote!

KATHY...oh my goodness! I am so glad that you guys are fine...too scary! Sounds like the truck is bad luck! And...sounds like you have been one busy woman! Oh yes...we must have good walking shoes on the treadmill. I tried with thongs/flip flops a few times...not good. Hope you leg feels better soon! I did get a walk in outside yesterday and it was nice. OF course halfway thru my left calf started cramping up...hurt like heck! Better today...thinking I definitely need to get back on track with the walking and stick with it. How was the college tour?

Hi FRANCIE, JULES, KATY, SUE, TAMMY, MINDEE, SASSY & ASIA...hope I didn't miss anyone.

Left early to take the little one to preschool. We stopped at the grocery store on the way and then picked up some McDonalds-ick! I say ick because I know it's bad but I have been wanting a filet o fish from there...it was soooo good! I passed on fries considering the calories in the fish sandwich. Did 2 miles before leaving too and will do another two in a few minutes and call it good for the day, I think. Felt good to actually walk...yesterday it almost killed me but today, was good!

Lots of hugs
Old 02-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #67  

doing my daily pop in.....

Brandon had his Valentine's party today at school. He said that he had fun....tomorrow they will bring home their Valentine's that they received.

Cristina~ My tongue is doing good. It is getting better to eat with it, but my tongue swelling is going down, and so I think we will be going to the place that I got it done to ask them when I can change the stud for something smaller. It still hurts from time to time, but I am not popping Tylenol every four hours....I can usually get away with taking some when I wake up, and then when I eat I usually need some more. But it is getting better with each passing day.

Kathy~ thankfully, we only needed to use 15 of the 30 that we bought....but Logan seems to think that he needs to send some out. how old is little punkin? we got Marissa's ears pierced before she was a year old. She loves them now, she calls them her pretties.

SuzieQ~ I can't believe Gabster is going to be 7!! Brandon is going to be 5 in April already....then again, I can't believe that Logan is going to be 3.5 and Marissa is going to be 2 already! I love that quote from Wynonna! Brandon picked out his own Valentine's this year. He picked out Harley Davidson ones. I am not sure what I am going to wear yet! I am having the dreaded "what am I going to wear?" dilemma.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #68  
Not Giving Up

Cristina - We had to take snack for the Christmas party at Cole's school. Cole wanted to take a fruit tray. I have never had a teacher thank me so much for sending a good snack. I couldn't even take the credit for it.

Susan - Did Gaby get a new fashionable haircut? You will have to start brushing your teeth again at night before you eat your snacks. I don't miss the toddler stage. I do really like the 6 year old caring helpful stage that we are at right now. However, it would be nice if he would sleep in his own bed.

Did I mention that we spent the day at the walk in clinic yesterday to find out the my grumpy hard to put up with DH has shingles and the flu? I need a vacation.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:44 PM   #69  
kitty Momo

Kathy - No haircut yet, have to go pick the G up in a bit. It is just a layered cut that she gets, plus the bangs....which are rather shaggy right now. Hugs to your DH, hope he feels better and not as grumpy. Brushing the teeth doesn't seem to help, I am just hungry...lol

Mindee- When in April? I found out today my Momo (it's a cat-lol) was born April 4,2003. My mom was going through paperwork and found his medical stuff from my SIL who owned him when he was a kitty(and after that my mom and now me - blah - blah). Anyway, now I want a birthday party for him. lol You'll have to let us know what you decide to wear, I am already looking what to wear for a wedding in Aug. Cute to Harley Davidson!

Cristina - You know Gaby's school just has the PTA giving cookies to the class for the Valentine's party and every other party. It is the first school that I have known that doesn't have a room mother and nil in the parent's providing treats. I think I will send something for Gaby's birthday next Tuesday instead of Friday where she will get buried in all the Valentine activities.
mmmmm filet o fish,m haven't had one of those in like forever....I did have some of Gaby's fries yesterday , finally had to roll the window down while I was driving and toss the rest out before I ate them. I swear.....I am really getting bad in my control of eating. lol

k- going to get Gaby. chat tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #70  
Not Giving Up

Mindee, you snuck in while I was posting. Punkin is 15 months. My DD gets mad at me for calling her that all the time because she actually now only answers to Punkin. The daycare workers couldn't figure out why she would ignore them all when they tried to call her. She just loves her Nana. Will Logan get to go to preschool next year? Hope you can get something smaller for your tongue soon. You are brave to have gotten it done. I am such a chicken.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #71  

well, we spent 2, yes TWO, hours in Walmart today! we went there with intentions of getting new tires for the van and an oil change. fine with that, we had some stuff to pick up anyways......we were told it would take an hour! TWO hours later.............we were tired of walking around Walmart, starving, and ready to get the van back!

I got a new red dress, a skirt, and two shirts that I can interchange with the skirt......a couple of magazines, and I think that was it. Now, I am just hoping that the weather will be nice on Friday morning! our appointment is at 11am, so I am hoping that the kids all behave for us! (we might have to use the bribery tactic....of a prize and getting some lunch (which I need to remember to pack some extra non dressy clothes for them) that usually works)

SuzieQ~ Brandon will be 5 on April 23rd, and Marissa will be 2 on April 24th. (my oldest and youngest are exactly 3 years and one day apart......with Logan thrown into the middle of them) I am now on a mission to figure out what I am going to wear! Tommy already knows what he is going to wear, so I am the odd one out because I have to figure out what I am going to wear, as well as Marissa!

Kathy~ I am very sneaky! When was Punkin born? She is about 5 or 6 months younger then Marissa. I am hoping that Logan will get into preschool next year!
Old 02-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #72  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies...I am alive and finally well, I think. Life here has been pretty lousy for a few weeks, hopefully improving now.

Mom is feeling some better, but still looks so ashen and tired. I don't know how long we will be able to keep her out of the hospital this time. She does see the Dr. next Tues. so we will see what he says. He wanted to see her this week and impressed upon me that he wanted to see her. So I called his office...guess what? They couldn't fit her in until next week. I argued that he wanted to see her this week, to no avail. So I will be telling him about his office staff. It was either that or packing Mom up and going to sit in his office....which he might not appreciate. But I didn't appreciate them refusing to follow HIS orders. Oh well, life goes on....

DH got the nasty cold I had been blessed with and he is just now feeling better. I still cough from time to time but luckily he didn't get the cough as much as the congestion.

I won't even go into the failure with eating and exercising, except to say I am doing WATP today. I just cleaned all the ceiling fans, light fixtures, floors and woodwork, so I am moving around more. (up and down the ladder) I haven't given up but sure have taken a long detour.

I will catch up with everyone as time permits. Jules I have been thinking of you and your mother. I hope things are better there. My mom is so precious to me and will turn 81 this month. Well, actually she doesn't have a birthday this year being a leap year baby. (she has had only 20 birthday's)

The sun is shining...life is good.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:25 PM   #73  
One day at a time

Okay...was going to do individuals but will come back later to do them. Cambrie was watching her cartoon and I thought I would do a post...it just ended, lol. So now I am doing a dvd and then resting for a few minutes before taking her for a bike ride and walk for me. I'll be back later when I put her down for a nap.

Have a good day!
Old 02-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #74  
Not Giving Up

GOOD MORNING BIKers

Cristina, Susan, Sue, Sassy, Mindee, Jules, Katy, Francie, Tammy, Asia, (now this is where everyone comes running out and starts hugging everyone and we are informed that we are going on vacation and when we come back we will have a new house) O.K I guess that only happens when Ty Pennington shows up and says that.

Jules hope that everything went well for your mom yesterday. I am still thinking of you two.

Sue I am glad to see you. I am hoping that you all feel much better very quickly. I think that when a Dr says that he wants to see a person, he should come out and let his office staff know at the same time.

Mindee - Punkins birthday is Oct 21. I will have to update my avatar picture of her. She is growing up to quickly.

Cristina - what do you have planned for today? Do you have the little rugrat today? I am looking foreward to Roxy getting to that age. How is your DD feeling? Hope that she is over her sickness.

SusieQ - Did Gabster get her hair cut? She doesn't want to copy her older sisters style? Cole always wants his hair to look like Cody's. Cody even does Cole's hair in the morning before they go to school. Makes me smile. BTW a birthday party for the cat?? Can I come?

Katy - What have you got going on today? How did you do on your 3 hour exercise marathon?

Sassy - Pop in and say hi ok. We miss you. You do need to take just a little break from all your hard work.

Tammy - How are you feeling? Are you all recovered? Are you in need of a vacation now?

Francie - Where are you? Come say hi.

Asia - You too.

Always feels like I am missing someone. Sure don't mean to if I am. Well I am off and running, I need to finish getting everything clean around here. Want to get it all done, as there is no school tomorrow and I will not be able to finish it tomorrow. I will check back later. Have a fun day everyone.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:22 PM   #75  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Sue - Good to see you posting! We were missing you. Hugs to you, DH and your mother, pray you all are staring to feel better! You sound busy, take it easy.

Kathy -
Sure, you are invited to Momo's 6th birthday party! My mom mentioned a party for him, she is kind of wacky. She had a birthday a few years back for her kitty Bucky, and invited all the neighborhood kids. I took Gaby, it was cute. I think Bucky just wanted to sleep though. lol No to the haircut because the lady that I want won't be in til Saturday, so I guess Gab will have to look shaggy for a few more days. btw- I think Ty Pennington is great!

Mindee- k....2 hours in Walmart would torture me, lol. What about the red dress that you bought for the picture? Sounds pretty, especially w/ Valentines day. I know how it goes trying to plan a picture time, don't want the kids too tired and cranky by the time you get around to it.

Cristina - Hope you and Miss C are having a good day! Gab has a bike but she has never been on it, hopefully this summer!

I have to dash and pay G's Adventure Club bill and head for work after that. Slept good w/ taking a Tylenol PM and sipping some sleepy time tea last night....and besides I was just plain tired. lol, feeling my age all of a sudden.
Was able to just have some yogurt and peaches last night for a snack and this morning was oatmeal and a banana. Salad on tap for lunch and haven't decided what is for dinner, maybe I will get a bowl of soup at work.

anyway, wishing you all a great Thursday!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-12-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Closed Thread