Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #61  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good morning..I have tried to read, but might be behind. I am still a sickie, and everytime one thing gets well another hits. Don't know how long this is going to go on, but I feel so lousy. I spent two days mostly in bed but hope to get up and around more today. Need some strength.
Happy hump day ladies!
Old 01-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #62  
kitty Momo

Happy Wednesday!!

Good Morning , so we all made it this far in the week?? Yay to us!

Cristina - where are you though?? Always look for a post from you!

Tammy- I am 5'4, thank goodness for some height. haha. I know I am sounding like an old record but I think I am really 130 (*eyes roll*) w/ all my extra flab in my mid section and other misc areas. Anyway, I like to think that anyway. lol. Thanks for the comment! Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Sue - Now you feel better too!

Kathy - It worked, now you have to come back and chat more!

Jules- I think any job these days is a good thing! I won't complain too much either because there are some things about it that I don't like...but it pays the bills and I will get my medical soon, so that is worth some peace of mind.
Ry isn't coming back to the NW? I hope you enjoyed your evening w/ DH and Dominic!

Katy - Your son is in middle school now? You sound really neat w/ all your activities, I am jealous. Does L like tap?? I was thinking of that for Gab, anything to get her away from the tv and out moving her body. Yay for the 171! I am always behind you ladies in the reading dept...lol. You probably did talk about The Reader waaaaay back when,,,,,lol

Mindee- I wouldn't like the idea of changing schools either in the middle of the year either. Though the school district is thinking of adding the K grades and moving the 3rd graders to another school. If that is the case G would only have next year at her present school.......sooooooo, her father and I were thinking of putting her in a private school that the R's went to when we lived here back in the 90's. Anyway, it was just a thought, I don't think I would be ready to afford that til next Fall and I would have to be able to afford it on my own because he is always shifting around in his employment.
hmmm, I could eat pizza everyday if I could!

Hello to Francie, Sassy, and Asia!!

anyway, straightened out my garbage pick up days this morning!! Let someone else figure out world peace, you HAVE to have garbage picked up. Sooooo. My garbage is every other Thursday and my recycling is the Thursday that the garbage isn't picked up.....sooooo EVERY Thursday there is something picked up?! Duh. I I have only been there 5 months and I still can't figure the dang schedule out. I know I have to pay 5.80 for a special pick up tomorrow cause we are full....and,ya....we have a lot of garbage.......mainly because I hate to seperate my garbage.

whatEVER... I think I will go window shop now down the coast and enjoy the sun for a bit.

wishing you all a good Wednesday!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-28-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:43 PM   #63  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

I am feeling better, but the kids still have their coughs. we are supposed to go to the Wings game tomorrow....but now that might not be happening because of money issues. I told him to take our friend and go to the game. but he told me "if I can't go with you, then I am not going to go at all" but he said that right after he told me that he was not wasting $160 tickets that we were given.

thanks for the nice comments and words of encouragement. I just got done eating some chicken fried rice from dinner on Monday.....so I am going to find something else to finish off my lunch.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:26 PM   #64  
ugggg.....

Mindee--hope you get to go to the game--you guys have been through alot lately--it will do you two good to go do something out.

Susieq-Ry is staying close to family, he says he wants to see if Obama can get the economy at least stabilized before he goes that far away again. He loved the PNW and does want to go back at some point.

Sue-hope you get to feeling better...

Katy--I moss being active with the kids school activities--I volunteered alot and even hubby went on class trips when the kids were in elementary school.

Kathy--my computer has been randomly kicking us off..it bites...

well hi to everyone else...styaed home due to the ice--Teri went out to exchange a pair of shoes...she got two lefts...she says the back roads and parking lots aren't too good. SHe is going to stop by the bank and pay on some furniture and then come back here.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #65  
kitty Momo

Jules - Is it winter weather where you live?? I am so tired of the cold weather! Hope Teri is safe out on the roads driving. I was just curious about Ry, I am glad you liked the PNW, it really is pretty, especially when it is warmer. lol

Mindee- It would be great if you and Tommy could go use the tickets, $160 is a lot of money. hope you are feeling better.

Katy - Read your interesting 25 list, now we need a 26,27,28! I enjoyed reading it, you have a very entertaining way of writing and interesting background.Cute how you and DH met

I need to go get my Gaby, day went by waaaaaaay too fast. Swimming again tonight, G is adorable in her flippers,,,,,course I am her mother. lol

k- chat at you tomorrow.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-28-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:21 PM   #66  
ugggg.....

SusieQ--Ry loved the scenery and the people. He is reaaly laid back and it was a good fit for him. He loved doing all the hiking and outdoor stuff. Francie and I finally got our snow, unfortunately it was followed by an ice storm.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:48 PM   #67  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone
Internet is still out. Had to phone the internet company today, and they are sending out someone out within the next 48 hours to fix it. (I am at my moms house right now). Well it is dart night, so I am off to get my butt kicked by my DS.

SusieQ what a beautiful picture. You look like you are 130lbs.

Mindee I like your hair. Color looks good. Hope you go to the hockey game.

Jules - I am sorry about the weather. I hate ice storms. We have warmed up to -1C or 32F and it is suppose to snow, which could mean freezing rain. Good luck to Teri if she moves in with her boyfriend.

Sue - Sending big get well vibes to you. I hope you get better soon.

Katy I can't wait to get my computer fixed so I can read your blog. WTG on 171. I can't wait to get there.

Cristina - Thank you and big hugs to you. I stuck it out on the treadmill for 75 minutes because of you. Thank you. 5 miles in 75 minutes.

Francie, Tammy and Asia a big hello to you. Tammy I am sending you get well vibes also.

Gotta run
Old 01-28-2009, 10:36 PM   #68  

I am back!!

Well, we have a solution to the hockey game debacle. Our friend, that works here at the complex, is going to go with Tommy to the game. He is going through a lot right now, so they are going to do a guys night and go to the game. I am 100% okay with the decision because the kids are still sick, and our neighbor who was going to watch them doesn't need to be around the kids. Her dad was diagnosed with cancer recently so he is going through radiation, I think, so she doesn't need to be around them and then if she were to get sick and then be around her dad. Plus, I talked to her today and she said that her dad's doctor actually mentioned the same thing today.....so it all works out in the end!

Right now, him and a buddy of his went out to the bar for his birthday. He wasn't going to go but his buddy basically said it was his treat and so he went off to have some fun. This should be interesting because it will be the first time that he has had a drink since he got his gall bladder taken out!

So, I am putzing around online, watching the Duggars wedding, and listening to some music. (How is that for multi-tasking!)
Old 01-29-2009, 06:01 AM   #69  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Freezing the Weight Off!!!! HA HA!

Hi All!

Well we got snow!!! I think total maybe 5 inches? I'm not completely sure. We also got freezing rain so leaving work yesterday morning, when I came outside, DH (he picks me up @ work) was helping a bunch of my coworkers scrape their cars and push them out of their parking spots. So I called my BF had her come down with her keys so we could start on her car. (she gets off an hour after me) So she started her car and put some de-icer on her windows and went back upstairs while the rest of us worked on hers and other peoples cars. Even though our car was completely cleaned off because DH parks in a garage at his work, we didn't want to leave our friends hanging. I told one of my other friends, "You know you have a good friend when they help you scrape off your car and push you out in the dead of winter!!"

But I am sure it burned some calories too!

Anyways. I did add my current weight and my goal weight (I'm doing my goal weight in stages so its not so overwhelming) I didn't feel right putting my starting weight because I am not exactly sure if that is what it was or not, I just guessed. (I thought I was 35 pounds heavier than I actually am) But I have lost weight because I couldn't get into a pair of jeans that I had and now I can and they aren't tight or anything. So I just left the starting weight with ???.

I have been doing pretty well. Except for lastnight @ work they had pizza for us because of the bad weather. I only ate a couple slices and I did have 1 can of reg. mt. dew. I was SO sleepy because I only had 3 hrs of sleep yesterday. So my bf got me a mt. dew to perk me up. Well you wanna know what? That mt. dew didn't taste good at all! I know, shocking!!! I used to LOVE mt. dew! Now it doesn't taste so good! I have tried the diet and I do have some, its not too bad, but not my fav. for sure. I will stick with the Coke Zero and my coffee w/ Sweet N' Low!

DH is trying too. Not as hard as I am, but got to give him credit for trying! I know it took me FOREVER to get with the program! We have to both start exercising more, but we are doing pretty well on the eating part. DH bought a pedometer and he walks about 5 miles a day at work! I know that isn't the same as just walking a straight 5 miles, but thats not bad. Better than me sitting on my bum @ work. Which I want to start doing the 5 minute walk @ work on my lunch, that Sue was so kind to pm to me. (Thanks again Sue!!)

Anywho, we're going to meet with our new landlord's wife, as he will be working, this morning. We're going to do a final walk through of the house and make if "official". I am SO excited ya'all!

I was supposed to have began going through stuff but I just was not motivated enough lastnight. So I just was a bum. Figured I have until Sunday Night to get stuff done.

Suzy Q -- Great Pic and for being so close to your goal weight! I KNOW that will be me eventually!!

Thank You all for your well wishes for the house!!! Also want to say if it wasn't for you all, I would have given up a long time ago on the weightloss and I'm glad that I have found this wonderful site with all of you wonderful and very supportive group of people! I know I still have a long way to go yet, but I just feel like I am finally moving in the right direction! So Thank You!!!

Also, if your out there reading this and think that you can't lose weight and be healthy, just remember, you have a whole bunch of wonderful, supportive people here to keep you going! They have NEVER given up on me and I am so grateful! So "DON'T QUIT!!!!"

Anyways............thats about it for me!!!

Keep Warm (if its cold where you are) and Safe!

Old 01-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #70  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Sassy - Cute penguin pic! Still excited about the move for you and DH! I hated sitting at a desk, I like the constant moving around, I feel better, not so lardie. I am glad the mt.dew didn't taste good to you, soda is evil lol

Mindee- Glad the tickets didn't go to waste, sorry about your neighbors husband, that is sad. Do you remember back in Oct when I started working at the motel, the lady who was training me was sick? She had to leave for medical treatment for her cancer, anyway, she passed away this last Saturday, very sad, she was only 37.

ok, I know that is depressing somewhat, just made me realize how precious life is......or at least reminded me.

argh......I am not awake. lol

kathy - to 5 miles!!! That is really inspiring, you and Cristina both. Hope you get that internet connection fixed soon!

Jules - I love, love the Seattle area, it is so pretty up there with all the water. Me and my water, huh?? lol Hope Ry makes it back here.......just thinking if he is here his mom will follow for a visit!

Cristina - hmmm, and where are you?? Just never the same when I can't read a post from you! to you and hope all is well.

I need to go get ready for work. Took Gabster early to school so she could play, made her happy........and a happy 6 year old makes for a happy mother. She swam great last night and I saw a flyer for the swim team you have to be at least 6 years old and be able to swim the length of the pool. I'll have to throw her in the deep end to see if she can do that. lol - jk.

Ate oatmeal and a banana for breakfast, need to pick up more yogurt. I went in yesterday to hand in my car insurance info to HR and they said you can join the cardio gym for a month free..... but you have to sign up this month to get that so I did((after that t is $25 a month)). I have my orientation on the equipment Monday morning before work! So, lets see if I actually do it. lol

k- to everyone! Chat more later.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-29-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #71  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I have to vent.

The fertility place doesnt accept our insurance!!!! So we'd have to pay for everything ourselves, then wait until our insurance can reemburse us. Thats so not gonna happen. I should've just went to the stupid Army docs. At least I know they take my insurance. We gotta call our stupid insurance people today..and probably will cancel my appt next week. I think I'll have to get another referral for the Army docs.

Then on a totally different subject. My cousin let me know how she's so disappointed in me, just because I cant make it to my grandma's bday party in New Mexico. I mean, we cant afford it!!!!! That is just too much money for 2 plane tickets, and a hotel, plus a rental car. All that would've been like a thousand + dollars!!! We're still recovering from our cross country trip.
And Fonzo doesnt have enough leave time saved up. She made me feel like total sh*t!!!!!!!! Then to make matters worse, she said our other cousin would be flying back with them to Wisconsin. Now wtf..why doesnt anyone ever visit me!?!!? What is wrong w/them!??!?!? I want a new family. I want my mommy!!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 03:45 PM   #72  

doing my daily pop in!!!

Tommy is excited for the game tonight....our friend is ready for the game. I just talked to him and his "wife" is harassing him and a whole bunch of BS....so he is in need of a night out. Things have been rough for him, and he is getting his balls back and taking back what is his basically.

I put some vick's on Brandon's feet last night and by golly it worked! So, when he got up this morning, he told me that he didn't need it on his feet. So, I put some on Logan and Marissa's feet because they have been coughing. And it is working on them as well!

Oh yeah, I finally remembered to weigh in this morning, and I am down to 227.4! two weeks ago, I was back to 230 and last week I was 229, so I am going in the right direction!

Sassy~ Great job on the helping your friends out! And great job on the pizza and mountain dew! I got some sour cream and onion pringles when we went shopping recently. I completely forgot about them until this past Tuesday. I was just eating some a little bit ago, and they were tasting so gross to me! I agree and second what you stated about this site and the lovely people on it!

SuzieQ~ I do remember you telling us about that girl at your work. I am so sorry to hear about her passing. great job on the signing up for the gym!!!!

Francie~ That really bites a big one that your doctor doesn't take your insurance! Can you look and see if there is another one locally that does accept your insurance? Your family sounds like mine! Mine is the same way......it will get better!
Old 01-29-2009, 04:18 PM   #73  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Hello All!!

Katy--I read your blog and OMG....what beautiful knitting. You are so talented. I spent quite a bit of time looking at each piece. I'm so wowed!! You need to go into business. I'll take one of each

Francie--I'm so sorry hun that you are down. I went through 9 yrs of fertility treatments before having my son. It's such a roller coaster of emotions. Make your appt with the military docs and see what they say. I know that it's got to be hard being away from your family. My sis traveled with her military dh for nearly 20 yrs and she could never understand why we all couldn't just drop everything and visit her. It did cause some arguements at times. Now, she lives in Charlotte and visits about 1-2 times a yr. Don't worry about that family of yours. I'll adopt ya sweetie. I hate not having anyone home now. I talk to my 22 yr daughter nearly everyday but it's not the same as having her here.

Sassy--You sound so upbeat!! Congrats on your postivie attitude on your move and your diet.

Jules--Did you get much snow? We got tons of ice. It's finally thawing a little. My poor pups couldn't find a place to poo. We had to shovel a place in the grass.

Hugs to everyone else I've really had a busy day. Trying to get back to normal, energy wise. I still sound very hoarse. Gave both pups a bath, changed the sheets on my bed, ran to the bank and Hallmark store while my cleaning gal was here and now I'm totally pooped. Never realized how much energy you need just for daily activities when you've been laying around for weeks. Just gonna do a little more each day. Plan to go out to dinner with friends tomorrow. Shop a little over the weekend, get back into walking the dogs etc. Hopefully be back to work by Tues. Believe me, I'm not used to being this inactive. Watching Oprah and trying to listen to all this menopause/hormone stuff. Not having any of those problems yet but after listening to some of it.....I think I'll pass on that part of my life
Old 01-29-2009, 08:49 PM   #74  

just thought I would stop back in to see how every one is doing.....

I am watching the Wings game, re-writing some letters that I wrote before Christmas so that we can get them out in the mail tomorrow because they have Brandon's school pictures from last year and from this past fall! OOPS!

Tammy~ It is good to hear from you! How are you feeling?
Old 01-29-2009, 09:28 PM   #75  
ugggg.....

Mom went to the specialist today and he thinks she has an infected cyst. It will be removed and biopsied on Wednesday morning.

Mindee--a guy at work said to put vicks on your feet but i didn't think it would work...who knew...too bad you couldn't go with Tommy but it sounds like you are being productive.

Tammy--Teri had pnemonia in elementary school and it took her forever to get her energy bck--she wanted to sleep all the time. Hope you get well soon. We stayed home due to the ice. Did you get the really strong winds at the end. The branches of our trees were really swaying and the ice was flying.

Francie--hugs tp you. Keep trying with the fertility docs,,,you will find one. Sorry about you family being meanies.

SusieQ--Ry says I would fall in love with the PNW and never go home. He says he'd stay if i was there. woo hoo on the gym!! I have been terrible with food this week.

Sassy--that was sweet of you and hubby to help everyone. I didn't think i would ever give up coke or switch to diet but i have. It was hard for me. woo hoo to you on the pants!!

Kathy==i am kinda worried about teri moving in with the new guy....she doesn't pick very good ones..or hasn't in the past.

Cristina--where's our exercise queen

Hi to Sue, Katy and Asia--gotta go put this sleeping boy to bed--this one handed typung is killing me....
Closed Thread