Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #76  
ugggg.....

The new word for the day, actually for about a week now is duck. Hiding under the bed is the newest activity-- too fun.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #77  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Good Friday Morning All!!!!

Good Morning All!

Suzy Q -- Yeah I definitely feel very "lardy" because I sit all night long, but I honestly can't help that too much because of my back. I can't sit for too long and I can't stand for too long neither. So this job is pretty perfect for me because I work nights, I can pretty much get up at any time I want and move around. But I still plan on doing Sue's 5 min. walk nightly and maybe eventually a few times a night!!!

Francie -- BIG BIG hon. I haven't had my insurance turned down, but we have been without insurance for a few years, years ago, so I know it sucks very very very much! Also big for what your cousin said to you.

Mindee -- Yeah that is like my DH and his friend, they def. need a night with just "men" so that is what they are doing tonight. I am baby-sitting, as you will read more about below. Yes my taste-buds definitely have changed and I am glad!

Tammy -- Thanks. After being so down and depressed, it does feel good to feel more "alive" again! I hope that you start to feel better, like you said, take it slow. One thing I am very happy about is that we can finally get a dog once we move into the house and are all settled!

Jules -- I never thought I would either or PREFER Diet to Regular!!! But I'm so glad!!!! That is A LOT of calories to waste!!!!

Well we met with our new landlords wife. She is very nice. We took lots of pictures of the inside and did measuring. She basically said it is ours, but to talk to her husband to make it "final" today.

So we've been going through stuff today. Got A LOT of stuff from the kitchen to donate to goodwill! Then dh started on the office and now at least we can get in there and begin looking through things. So I am very pleased with the progress we have done today. (We're moving into the house the 1st of March)

Then tonight I am supposed to watch my bf's baby while her and her significant other go out. Have to text her to make sure that is still happening. DH is going to drop me off there and then go to his friends house for a bit. His friend was just diagnosed not only with Parkinson's , but now just found out he has brain tumors and is very understandably, really down about it, so dh is going over for a bit to maybe get his mind off of things for a few hours or so.

Well have a great day all!

Old 01-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #78  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Oh my, so much has gone on here I will never catch up.

I am feeling better today but still have a cough and stuffy head. Just not as worn out as I have been. I actually threw some clothes in the washer.

I don't plan to do anything too taxing, just get myself up to speed. I have not eaten much all week since I have no taste buds...but the scales didn't move much. That is not fair.
We got about 10 inches of snow and had our builder come scoop off the drive-way. DH was afraid mom or I would need to get out to the Dr. and not be able to get out. It is still quite the mess out there and I am glad I haven't had to go anywhere. Sunday was my last day out running around. I did go outdoors yesterday to fill the birdfeeders and 'bout froze my tootsies off. (But the birds thank me)

I will catch up..just want to wish you all a nice week-end.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:52 PM   #79  
ugggg.....

Sue--the birds thank hubby too...Hubby says when things get tough the birds will bring him bread like Elijah in the Bible. I went out the day with all the ice-there was one feeder I couldn't fill cause it was iced shut. We have a flock of doves...they remind me of my Nanny who fed the birds too..her fave was the doves. Glad you are feeling better.

Sassy--sounds like you are going to get the house. That's great news--now maybe Mindee will find one too and you both can get away from the crummy neighbors you have. So sad about your hubby's friend. Have fun babysitting. Teri and her friend Geneva met me and hubby for lunch yesterday. Geneva brought her 6 week old little baby girl Mela. She has Geneva's big blue eyes and is a little tiny thing. Hubby was afraid to hold her and Dominic wanted him until I held her and then he got a little jealous and wanted me.

Well, baby is sleeping, scrubbed my kitchen floor, haven't made it to the grocery store and I definitley didn't make it to WW this morning. I need to get myself motivated.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:42 PM   #80  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Francie - I am so sorry for the frustration on the insurance! I pray there is answer somewhere for you and Fonzo.

Jules- to your mother! Dominic sounds like a real cutie, I hide under beds too. haha

Sue- I bet you miss Vegas and the warm weather?? hope you feel better! Maybe a pot of homemade chicken soup to help you along? Sounds good to me.

Kathy - How is your week going?

Mindee- How did Tommy's night out go?

Sassy - Have fun tonight w/ the little one!

to every one!

I am running behind, better get to work. Nothing new here - same ole , same ole. Have to decided if I am making a trip into town. It is really tiring to me, I would love a weekend at home w/ no travel and no work.*wah *wah....what a baby.
Have my salad made and looking forward to a fast 8 hours at work! Lets get it over with.....one good thing is I get to munch on ice from the ice machine. Simple pleasures, huh?

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-30-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:30 PM   #81  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

ok, for some reason my computer is acting up on my, but it probably has something to do with the fact that I am trying to do 20 million different things at once!

Tommy had a blast at the game last night....and so did our friend. I think that might be a regular thing for the two of them, to get together and go out and have a guys night. Our friend suggested us getting a sitter for the kids and then us going out to play pool or something like that.

I am extremely tired! They got back here after the game around 1am or something like that. Then we hung out for a little bit so he could sober up enough to drive to his dad's house. Then of course Brandon woke up for some reason, and so I didn't go to bed until 5:30 this morning......then got back up at 10:30am when I heard my alarm go off. Then we got up and got some food in us, hung out for a little bit and Brandon got on the bus, Logan is in his room for quiet time, and I am HOPING that Marissa is sleeping!

I will have to come back and check in later on.....
Old 01-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #82  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Things just went from bad to worse. I got a letter from my grandma today (her & my grandpa are good). But she said she's making a quilt for my cousin's wife, cuz they're having a baby soon. Ugh..that just ripped my heart right out. I can't stop crying right now. I'm tired of all this. Why didnt that stupid place accept our insurance. Thats just not fair!!!!!! 2009 was supposed to be a good year, and now its just turning into crap. I'm tired of the struggle. I'm seriously giving up and just gonna go to the military docs. I really dont care if they're awful. It has to be better than this, and I know they accept my insurance, cuz all the freakin military has the same insurance!!!!!!

Whose gonna make my baby a quilt? NOBODY!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry..I'm gonna go have a pitty party for one in the beroom while I cry my eyes out and watch Friends. AND THERES NO FREAKIN CHOCOLATE IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!! Must this day just get worse and worse?!?!
Old 01-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #83  
ugggg.....

Francie--we will make you a baby quilt--we sent gifts to Mindee for Marissa. I know it's not the same as family but it feels pretty darn close. I don't know how I would get by without the support system I have on this site. Mom said that we are getting all the bad stuff over with so that the rest of the year will be nothing but good.

Mindee--I used to love going out and shooting pool. We haven't done much of anything for awhile. I kinda wish Dave would strp up to the plate and take care of Dominic even if it's every other weekend. Jerry and I just don't have much us time anymore and I got used to it after Teri moved out and I miss it.

SusieQ--I love munching crushed ice--it gets on hubby's nerves--there are times that I would like to hide under the bed....we are having salad and homemade pizza for supper--only one slice for me--I will fill up on veggies.

Off again..I may be back later...
Old 01-30-2009, 05:45 PM   #84  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya ladies, and a Happy Friday!

Sorry for being MIA...busy week for the most part and the other part...too pooped and sick. I think I caught V's cold but lots better now. Could have just been the cold weather.

Monday was DD's BD and we kinda spread it out. She wanted a ham dinner and a strawberry heart shaped cake...why can't she just take a stinking store bought one, lol. Wed slept in and then DD and I went to see My Bloody Valentine...I liked it, part two of her BD. Then part three came yesterday with a trip to the bookstore, and the Art Museum and had to take Ernie to the vet to have his stitches removed...ended up having lunch at 3 pm! Cambrie was good for the most part...thinking it was a little much for her. Passed out early last night. Then today had to buy groceries after I took her to preschool...then tomorrow Chase has 2 games, ugh! I say ugh because the first is at 8 a.m....Saturday's are for sleeping late, lol. Takes about 30-40 minutes to get to where they live...so yeah. Long busy day tomorrow. The second game is about 40 minutes in the other direction from the first. Then have to come home and clean house for an open house Sunday.

SUSAN... to 139! And I think you look fabulous!!!

JULES...hugs to your mommy and you

FRANCIE...aaawwww sweetie...like Jules said...we will make you a quilt. I'm not as talented as our Miss Katy and her knitting but I can sew and I would be thrilled to make you a quilt! I'm sorry about the insurance too...I really hate when they do that. If you have insurance they should just take it! And don't let your cousin get to you, I know that is easier said than done...she shouldn't be doing that to you. Lots of hugs to you

SUE...glad you are feeling better.

KATHY...WTG on the miles lady! You are doing great!

KATY...I printed out your 25 things and will definitely do it. I'll post it on my blog on myspace soon. Loved all your answers!

Hi to everyone else

That was my sorry attempt at catching up, lol...sorry. Will try not to stay gone so long next time.

Have a GREAT weekend!
Old 01-31-2009, 02:38 AM   #85  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Thanks!!! You guys are too sweet. I hope to get another appt soon!!
Old 01-31-2009, 09:05 AM   #86  
RosieKate

Francie - keeping fingers crossed for Army docs...we are always here for you! Sorry the family is being difficult.

Cristina- a very late HB to DD! I will look for your list on myspace...they are interesting, aren't they? I've been reading them over on Facebook and I learn all kinds of things, lol!

Jule s- My DD loves to munch on ice, too...hope you and your DH gets some alone time...hopefully Dave will grow up one of these days and be a decent father to Dominic. Sorry to read about Teri losing her job..that sucks.

Mindee - hope you got some rest

Susan- did you decide to drive into town? Hope you can get some rest this weekend.

Sue - hope you are having a nice weekend and continue to feel better.

Sassy - the house sounds great..I think I saw some pics over at FB..you are going to like it so much better than your apartment.

Tammy - TY for the lovely comments on my blog..yeah I knit alot...it's kind of an obsession, but there are worse things to get caught up in, I figure. Glad to read you are feeling better, bit by bit.

Well, my weight is positively schizophrenic this week, lots of up and down and I don't know why, guess I may be retaining water or something. Yuck. Today I have (probably foolishly) signed up for a 3 hour aerobathon at the community center. Wish me luck and pray they don't need to haul me out on a stretcher!

Old 01-31-2009, 02:47 PM   #87  
kitty Momo

Yay, it is the weekend!!

Francie - Pray that you are feeling better! Do something fun this weekend

Jules- I forget who it was but when they saw me munching on ice they said "oh,you must be low in iron"...what does low iron have to do with ice munching? How did you do on the pizza?? I would have no will power on that, I would over indulge. lol That is why I would never buy into a *free eating day*...I would never get out of the kitchen.

Kind of like what I am doing right now .....at the ex's eating pretzel chips...and he had some buttery scrambled eggs that for the most part I tossed but I did eat 2 or 3 spoonfuls.

Cristina - wow, you are way busy! Happy Belated to DD!!! Strawberry cake sounds devine.....yum. Pace yourself with all that you have to do this weekend!

Katy - 3 hours of what? You're one crazy chick.

Mindee- Yay, glad Tommy had fun, maybe a little too much...haha. Hope you are rested and having a great weekend w/ the family!

to everyone else! Sue, Tammy, Sassy, Kathy and Asia! Hope I didn't forget anyone.

So, Gabster and I drove in this morning to see the R's. Course Beck is going to her boyfriends to watch a movie and help babysit his siblings. At least that is the story,,,,,,,,hmmm, you know I really wonder....lol
HAVE to see my mom , and continue my search for Gap Boot Cut jeans.....in 4's hee haw........course if I keep grazing this weekend I won't be able to get into them.
Otherwise it is just a fast trip, need to be home tomorrow by 4pm to relax and do laundry. At least I will have Monday off so I can nap....cause I am old and all this excitement wears me out. lol
I made a HUGE mistake yesterday and picked up a shred bag that must have weighed over 150 pounds, now I am hurting......never again.

k- chat more later!
Old 01-31-2009, 02:48 PM   #88  
One day at a time

Hello and a good Saturday to all.

KATY...lots of luck on your aerobathon, yikes! 3 hours?! YGG!! I know you will be fine! Your weight sounds like mine this week...rollercoaster for sure! Yeah...love your answers and love reading everyone else's...thinking that's why I do so many survey's on MP, lol.

JULES...forgot to mention that I was sorry to hear Teri lost her job. Lots of hugs to her Dominic sounds too cute!

SUSAN...how is your weekend going? Did ya drive to Portland?

TAMMY...glad you are feeling better and enjoying your weekend out and about. Hope you get to go back to work soon too!

Hi to everyone else

Nothing going on today...going to get some reading done after I clean up the little missy's mess. Went to Chase's games this morning...one at 8 a.m. and then another at 11...had 1 1/2 hours of time to waste in between them, what a pain. Planned ahead though and took a book. Left the house a little after 7 and just got home about 30 minutes ago...and now I feel pooped, lol. Too much to do though. Now to get some exercise done, ugh. Anyway...

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
Old 01-31-2009, 02:52 PM   #89  
One day at a time

Hiya Susan...you better be careful missy...150 pound bag, yikes! My back would be out in a second! Hope you find your size four jeans and enjoy your visit with the R's.

Have a GREAT weekend!
Old 01-31-2009, 03:01 PM   #90  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

doing my daily pop in....

we took the kids and went to the local flea market type place. they all got prices since Tommy couldn't find them anything at the hockey game. We talked to our friend that went with Tommy to the game, and him and his brother were going to go to the same place we went but they went to the mall and he got himself some new clothes. I talked to him today because Tommy wants to play nickel hockey, and he has Tommy's board.

We are supposed to go to our niece's birthday party tonight at a local bounce house place. Logan has been **** on wheels since he got up this morning, so I told him that we weren't going.....but now I am seriously thinking that we will so that they can get rid of some of their excess energy it won't be any problems!

Tommy went to go see the office manager, and he is going to get her to write us a reference letter. We found out that the bank is taking over on Monday, so we are getting it now. We have a meeting with the lady from the local manufactured home community this coming Tuesday to look at some places. I still have a couple of other communities in this area.

Francie~ I have some crochet blankets that my mom gave me for Marissa because she loves them for some reason. I have at least five or six sitting in my closet now......I will send you one if you would like. I believe there is a non-boyish/non-girlish one in there. My grandma that lives in Texas, has made all the great grand baby's homemade quilts. Well, all of them have them, except for my sister Beth's son, and Marissa.

Jules~ I know what you mean! The last time we had a night out just the two of us was when we went to Brandon's parent/teacher conference. And that was at the most about a half hour. I wish we had more time to go out just the two of us. ****, I wish we had more opportunities to go out with friends of ours to shoot pool or to go bowling.

Cristina~ Sounds like you have been really busy! How is Ernie dog doing? happy birthday to your DD!

Katy~ thanks, I actually did get some rest last night!! we were up until about 2, but were able to sleep in until 10 this morning so that was nice.
Closed Thread