Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 10:34 PM   #16  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

Hey Ladies!!!!! I am really excited about my biggest looser challenge. You have to put in your weightloss by may 5th at the latest. I have not budged on the scales. I think that i am not drinking enough and I am not eating enough fiber. I am gonna try to up my water and fiber and then see how that goes. Well I just have time for a quick one. Sorry ladies. I have to go.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:52 PM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Susan..your meatballs look delicious, lol, and sound good too! Gaby will love t-ball...so much fun watching the kids play. Weird that the kids get to play for 30 minutes before school...how do they know if someone goes missing? Of course I would think of that...paranoid momma I am.

Katy...I wish I could not could for a week! It would be great for me! Glad the hubby is back home and enjoyed his trip! Sorry to hear about DH's grandma, hugs to the family Good job on getting those holiday pounds off!

Asia...I didn't realize the challenge was until May. For some reason I was thinking till this show/season is over.

Mindee...ENT...for the life of me I couldn't remember what it was/where Brandon was going. Hoping it's not anything.

Tammy...so glad to see you back!!! Glad you are home and feeling better...a shower always works wonders doesn't it? Get well soon missy

Jules...hoping today was a good day for ya.

Hi to everyone else Hoping all is well with you all.

I am pooped. Too much running around tires me out...more than exercising or walking. Cambrie is here and out like a log thank goodness. Think they filled her up on caffeine before they brought here, lol...she was bouncing off the walls!!!

Did get my 5 miles in today, a little over that..that is probably another reason I feel pooped! At least I will sleep good tonight.

No plans for tomorrow other than getting the little girl off to preschool and some exercise done.

Take care ladies, nighty, night!
Old 01-23-2009, 12:00 AM   #18  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

had to stop by to see how every one is doing.....

I am tired, but I think that has to do with the medicine I took to get rid of this cold! Brandon is doing well with his medicine, Marissa's cough has gotten a little better then it was....but I gave her a breathing treatment about an hour ago.

I am going to check the rest of my email and then off to bed.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:59 AM   #19  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Just stopping by to say that today is our 6 year anniversary!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad Fonzo is all sicky right now, lol.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:36 AM   #20  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

HOLA!!!!!!!!

Just stopping in to say that I am sooooo Happy!

All this time I had thought I was like 35 pounds HEAVIER than I actually was!

Our scale came yesterday and I have been totally dreading getting weighed, but I did this morning and I was totally shocked! Not only that but after being weighed and figuring out that I was not as fat as I thought, I about ran into the bedroom to try on the jeans that I put up because I had not been able to fit into them. So I put them on and guess what? THEY FIT!

OMG it feels SOOOOOO good! I know I still have a LONG way to go yet, but this just made me feel so much better! Like hey, I can do this!

So I just wanna say Thank You to each and every one of you for listening to me whine and moan and groan and still stick with me! You ALL are totally AWESOME people!

I uploaded the pictures of me in my JEANS on my myspace page, please ignore my hair as I just got up about an hour ago! lol. I was just too dang excited to wait until I got to fix my hair and all! lol. I will have DH take another picture once I look better! LOL. Oh and I also uploaded the pictures of the house we are going to most likely rent, we make it "official" next week.

Anyways, I just had to share!

P.S. -- I FINALLY made an appt. with my gyn!!!! It is Feb. 25th!!!

BIG

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 01-23-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:45 AM   #21  
One day at a time

Francie...a very Happy Anniversary to you and Fonzo. Here's to many more years of happiness. Hope Fonzo feels better!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:49 AM   #22  
One day at a time

Okay, now I will try my mini-post again...stupid computer thru me off for some reason-not like I had anything to say anyway, lol.

Mindee...hope you feel better, it's no fun being sick!

Sassy...yay to the scale and jeans.

Hi to everyone else

Nothing special going on today. Sitting here waiting for the little rat girl to wake up. Thinking I will go do a short walk while I wait. I was up early but still trying to wake up. I'll be back later to chat.

Have a good day!
Old 01-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #23  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just wanted to stop by and wish Francie and Fonzo a happy anniversary!!!!

we are about to head back to the pediatrician's office for the second time this week. Brandon woke up at 6am this morning crying and nothing was helping him at all. I asked him if his throat hurt, he told me no. I asked him if his ears hurt, he told me yeah and then pointed to his right ear. So, I told him that that would mean that he would have to miss school. He wasn't happy about it at first, but then agreed to it. So, I called the bus and school and told them that he won't be coming in today.

Logan also woke up this morning with a cough and so he is being seen as well. I just went ahead and made the appointment for all three kids, so they can all get checked out again to be on the safe side.

I will come back later and fill you all in on what they have......I am feeling better BUT I will need to get some more OJ and some soup.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:37 PM   #24  
kitty Momo

Mindee- Sorry Brandon isn't feeling any better.

Cristina-Nice try.......we know you like Jeopardy. It is a fenced playground and there are 3 ladies out there watching the kids...and I am the only *strange* adult that is around, so I think it is pretty safe (ok that is probably up for debate :0 ) and the kids are 1st,2nd,3rd....too young (we hope) to just take off and skip school. Besides they are all too busy playing kickball.....o, now you have me worried.haha
I think they start at 7:45am kids have a chance to eat breakfast, buses get there at 8am.
You're lucky to have Cambrie, she sounds like a doll.

Francie - Happy Anniversay to you and Fonzo!

Sassy - yay, to the jeans fitting! Did you get the house?? I saw the pic's, it looks real nice.

Jules & Kathy - Hope you ladies are doing ok, miss hearing from you.

hello to everyone else.

better get to work.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-23-2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:06 PM   #25  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hello Everyone

Well it is Friday already. I have not really accomplished much this week. Yesterday I had to take DD to the orthodontist to get her braces tightened. The appointment was at 8:00, and we have to travel 90 minutes to get there. An early start to our day. How come the weather and the highways always suck when a person has to travel? Today we are having car issues, so Cole is at home with me today. The 2 DS, and DS#1 girlfriend are all going to my BIL's place 2 hours away tomorrow. They will spend the weekend, and going to go and see Stomp. It will be fun for them. Hubby and I are going to try and get Cole's room painted, and changed around.

Francie - I wish you a very Happy Anniversary to you and Fonzo. I hope that Fonzo feels better soon. Do you guys have any special plans to do anything?

Mindee - Good luck at the doctors. It is amazing how once kids start school, they are always bringing something home.

Sassy - When you said that you wanted it gone now, you were not kidding. Wow what a great surprise that would be. Way to go on the jeans fitting. You will have to post the picture on facebook also, as I do not have myspace. That is great about the house that you will be renting. You are having a great month. Exciting about your appointment on the 25th.

Cristina - How did Cambrie get an infection in her finger? Sounds like she gets very excited when she gets to come to your place. Did DS have a great trip? Did the two of you have a nice lunch? So, are you able to answer most of the questions as you are watching jeopardy? I think The Simpsons are on at the same time, and my DH couldn't possibly miss that show. BTW, I was so totally PO'd at the biggest loser on Tuesday, that I said I wasn't going to watch it anymore. Although, we know that isn't true, and I will be glued to the TV next Tuesday.

Tammy I hope that you are getting some rest, and starting to feel better. Has your hubby been helping you out with the cooking and the cleaning? Are you still tripping over the dogs, as they missed you so much?

SuzyQ - Mm the meatballs look wonderful. You don't cook? I don't want to cook either. Oh yeah, I was going to tell you that both my DS get a rash when they go swimming. Especially if they go into the hot tub at the pool. I think that it is because our pool uses Salt instead of Chlorine, and I wonder if salt kills the bacteria as well.

Katy - Glad that hubby made it back ok, and had a great time. So sorry to hear about DH Grandma. Does she live close to you guys? Hope you got some great produce in your delivery. I am glad that my family really likes salads. Makes it a little easier. Now try and order pizza around here? Thats a nightmare. Noone agrees on anything.

Sue - how is everything going at your house? How is your mom feeling? I hope that she is much better, and that you have gotten a little rest.

Jules - to you to. Hope that you are having a better day. Teri must be excited that you are going to get her a place of her own, and right next to you also. How far away does your DS live?

Asia - So how has your water and fiber consumption today? I do find it hard to up my fiber consumption. Hope your day was good.

Well my MIL just called to say that she is booking us all on a trip to California and Disneyland for March/Easter break. Looking foreward to that, although it will make me more determined to get to that 5k in 30 minutes. I have gotten to 39 minutes and 50 seconds. I am trying to remind myself that really, as an overweight person, I am doing well, and I just have to keep pushing myself. Well, I must run and go and make some lunch for me and the kid.
BBL
Old 01-23-2009, 02:12 PM   #26  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

SuzyQ - at Cole's school, the kids play outside before they go in also, gives them a chance to wear off some energy. But if any kids are not there when they take attendance right after they get into their class, the school gets ahold of the parents right away and you have to account for your child. If they are sick and at home, you better hope that you have actually called the school to let them know because then you are in crap, as you have wasted their time by not letting them know. (Understandable of course, and I make sure I call before school is in.) Don't want to get called into the principles office.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:51 PM   #27  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

I sneaked out of the house today and went to Michaels to buy some stuff for the wedding with my 40% coupon and they had a dollar sale going on. Needless to say, after spending $75 and hauling it back in the house and hiding it in dd rooms (so dh doesn't know I went out), I'm exhausted. It's beautiful outside and I've been closeted in for over a week now. The fresh air did me good. Got on the scale this morning and down 4 lbs. Not bad considering all the steriods I'm on. Slowly feeling better. Dh will be glad when I get back to work. I'm spending way too much $$$$ on line.

Cristina--Thank you so much for the card. It was beautiful and so thoughtful of you.

I think I'll crash for awhile and watch Ellen and Oprah. See ya!!
Old 01-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #28  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

I will have to do individuals tomorrow...I had a post earlier and hit submit and lost it. The computer kicked me off and I/we have been without a home phone & computer since then, about 1'ish. For some reason the phone went dead...never thought about checking the phone, lol. It's not dial up but we do need the phone, duh! V called in to AT&T and put in a work order...told us it would be fixed by 3 p.m. Sunday, lol....WHAT?! Anyway...thought I would come back and see if it posted my post before I lost the connection and it didn't...but I was still logged on, lol. Anyway...until tomorrow. Nighty, night
Old 01-24-2009, 10:40 AM   #29  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hola all!

Well the house is officially ours. The landlord emailed us asking what day and time to meet to take another look over it and that he wants to "accommodate" us to get us into the house after meeting us last week or so ago. So we emailed him back and asked if Wed. (1/28) morning was ok. He closes Tuesday (27).

So looks like we be movin'!!! We went out yesterday and looked at IKEA for ideas on what to do for our new place cuz we are going to be purging A LOT of stuff!

Thanks to all for the congrats on the weight loss. I never thought I'd be able to say that! That is for sure! So now I just have to keep on truckin'!!! It was just soo exciting to me to get on that scale and see that # and then try on those jeans and they fit and infact are a bit loose!

I think I finally have DH on board too. After he saw his # he wasn't as happy as I was. I felt bad for him, because I have been there SO many times, but I told him, we CAN do this together!

Well I'm sorry I haven't been doing indies lately, but just been busy! We were supposed to meet my BF and her signicant other tonight before DH goes to work then I was going to go back with them and watch their baby while they went out together, alone. But guess DH's schedule doesn't work out. So maybe next week.

So anyways, BIG

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 01-24-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #30  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Got caught!!! The minute dh got in my car last night, he noticed that the visor was down and the radio was changed. Damn...can't get away with anything. We did go out for chinese last night and then the grocery store. I was totally whipped by then. Taking it easy today. Hopefully going out to dinner with dh's golfing buddies tonight. I just hope that I don't embarrass myself with a coughing fit. Made some pumpkin bread after a breakfast of oatmeal. Down another lb this morning . Still working on wedding stuff. Looking for a calligrapher for the invitations. OMG....stuff really adds up. I'm hoping to get back to normal and start some exercising next week and dust off the elliptical. Still too short of breath. Don't know when I'll get back to work. The steriods will have me immunosuppressed and in my Doc's exact words..."I work in a cesspool". Can't work with kids without the germs. Heading up to wash my hair and put a face on.

Hugs to all
Closed Thread