Old 01-27-2009, 08:58 AM   #46  
Janice

Good Morning Ladies,
Just four more days until Peurta Plata- we are so excited like a couple of kids waiting for Santa. We have never been anywhere.
Gayle - I'm glad your Mom is doing better, I read your posts and was praying for you all. Try to get some rest yourself, even though I know thats hard right now.
Diet is not in my vocabulary right now.
coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #47  
Losing it!

Janice, I am so excited for you! We are planning a trip someday too, hopefully! We have never went anywhere other then just here in the States and those trips are few and far between. HAVE A BLAST!

All is ok here! Mom is setup with in-home health. She will see the nurse once a week unless problems, the Therapist & Bath Aide will be 2-3 times a week each. I'm trying to fit in 3 full days at the shop this week so my brother has been trying to help me out staying with mom. She is by herself most times, but we are spending part of the days with her. Thank you all for the prayers.

Dee, while your in PV can you price the difference of which would be better as far as food cost etc. To rent a condo as a group or to do an all inclusive resort near the downtown area??? I am trying to sell PV to the group, they all want to go to Cozumel or some other spots. I'm HOPING we could go to PV and schedule it close to the times you are there so we could finally meet. A single friend we have, is going to be a hard sell... he wants to go to a more commercialized area so he has a better chance with "hot babes" :-)
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:02 PM   #48  

Well he is right cancun is for singles and partying.

Sometimes you can really awesome deals with all inclusive so that might be cheaper. There are no resorts downtown but hotels. Look into hotel tropicana, lots of people like it. it isn't fancy but it is clean and good location.
i would love to see you here one year.
There are lots of condos here with a big price range. Do a search for the all vallarta board and puerta vallarta scene board, there are some condos listed to rent there. It is some where to start. How many condos would you need?

Janice enjoy your trip. You will catch the travel bug.

today we spent most of our day walking on the beach and lounging afterwards. It is so nice and warm here. I love it.

Time to make dinner and shower.

Have a good day everyone.
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:54 PM   #49  
Losing it!

I'll sleep on the floor if I can come to PV!!!! :-)
Old 01-27-2009, 11:48 PM   #50  

gayle the beds are as hard as the floor here in mexico so you wouldn't even notice the difference.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:24 AM   #51  
Losing it!

I really don't want to wake up with a gecko staring me in the face! LOL!

You are staying in the downtown area, correct? Also which side? I noticed most of the hotels are listed as East side, west side, etc. Just wishing we could eventually meet up.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:21 AM   #52  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARLENE!!:ballo ons:
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:27 AM   #53  
Janice

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEE!!

CELEBRATE YOUR SPECIAL DAY. LOVE YA!!

Old 01-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #54  
Losing it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR LITTLE CANADIAN CHICK-A-DEE! HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY IN THE SUN!
Old 01-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #55  

Aww you guys are the best! It is nice to here and see your birthday wishes. My girlfriend left today so I will be basking in the sun alone or should I say with all my amigos that wants to be my bodyguard, or give me a free massage.

Gayle I am living right downtown, not on the north or south side. I highly recommend the south side or the romantic zone as they like to call it here. There are only hotels there not resorts but you are in the thick of things. People that stay in the hotel zone north of here have to take a bus or taxi in. If you were on south side or downtown you walk every where. There are lots of condos downtown and on the southside.

My girlfriend took me out for dinner last night. It was a new restaurant and it was a wow experience. Twenty dollars for dinner, presentation awesome in a higher class new restaurant. We even got them to through in our drinks. The price included tcos and fresh salsa, tortilla soup or salad, with garlic rolls, main course I had mahi mahi, cindy had fahitas, and your choice of dessert. We had flan. Yummy.

Thanks again for the birthday wishes. I am going to go grab a cervas and head up to the pool. It has the best view in Vallarta.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #56  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEE!
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #57  

Happy Birthday Dee!!!! Which is this one? 38? 39? I forget.

My little man has a birthday coming up in less than two weeks. In ways I'm looking forward to it, and in ways, not.
My little monkey isn't walking on his own, quite yet. He can take one or two "falling" steps in between two objects. But the little sucker CLIMBS everything that's knee-level or shorter. And he's not afraid of heights, which scares the crap out of Momma! He's also getting to that stage where he only wants ME--I can't even leave him with Stewart in the living room for 2 minutes while I try to take a bathroom break! He follows me down the hall and sits outside the door and HOWLS while he stick his fingers under the crack between the door and the floor. It's very interesting.

AND he fights sleep at night! I've tried to outlast him and it just doesn't work that way! Finally I realized that if I'll sit down with him in "our" chair in the dark with a bottle and sing or talk quietly to him while I rub his ears, eyes and fingers he'll eventually go to sleep. Takes anywhere from 5-15 minutes, though, and if I lay him down too soon he pops right back awake!! I do still love to hold and rock him, though, so that's not too much of a strain on me.

He's at the stage now, as well, where he likes to try to feed himself some of his foods. Talk about a messy experience! I think I'm mushing up his food too much, but I get paranoid about him choking on something.

The little bugger, I swear, will look at me right before he heads into something he knows he's not supposed to be in. He also tells himself "ant ant" when he's heading that way!! Last night he was messing with something that's a "no-no" and when I picked him up and sat him away from it the first time he turned and looked at me and headed right back to it. The 2nd time I spatted his leg (through his sleeper and diaper) and he acted like I KILLED him. Then, as soon as I sat him down he looked at Stewart and laughed and I'll be damned if he didn't go right back to where I had just moved him from TWICE!!!! I had to get up and go to the bedroom! Ah, the joys of motherhood.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:40 PM   #58  

Wow, over a day with no posts!!

Hope it's because everyone is too busy having fun and enjoying life and not because anything is wrong!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #59  
Janice

Cheryl - Jake sounds like a joy. They grow up so fast enjoy it. Does seem a bit quite around here today.
Dee is probably having a Siesta.
Me - I'm at work for ten hours then starting Vacation. 2 more hours to go Woo Hoo!!
Old 01-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #60  
Losing it!

Janice, have a blast! You deserve it! We want details when you make it back!