Old 01-19-2009, 08:33 AM   #31  
Losing it!

Plans changed since the last time I posted. Due to the time required, the doctors will be doing two precedures compared to the original one and the date is also moved back to sometime on Tuesday. Mom will be fitted with a pacemaker and then they will do an electrical cardio conversion of stopping the heart and then restarting the heart. Each precedure on it's own is fairly uncomplicated, now with the combination of the two precedures, the congestive heart failure, past patient history and age, there is the risk of something happening. I called in and took the week off from the shop, Steve is try to schedule his store calls so he can spend a night or two with me. Allie is staying with the other grandma. I can usually check-in throughout the day. I'm finding great wireless connections. So, me and my little computer trod off to the hospital each morning and then trod back to the motel each night. Well, I need to go! Everyone take care!
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 11:29 AM   #32  

Prayers and hugs to you, Gayle.
ShelleyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #33  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Gayle ~ My dad had both a pacemaker and cardio-version done and did wonderfully well afterwards. It was amazing the difference that it made in how he felt. I pray that your mother does as well and is feeling better soon. Remember to take care of yourself too, my friend!
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:56 PM   #34  

Gayle i just got on the internet for the first time since I have been here. I pray that things went well today. I have heard great things about pacemakers. God be with you guys. Hugs!

Janice when are you going on your trip? Is it cold there?

Suzy when are you going to see your granbaby? I forgot what his name is.

Cheryl come on over and post.

Shelley yes I am in Pv. I am loving it. Lonely for my Sally and Viv but it is ok. I have my moments.

I will check in a often as i can. My girlfriend comes out thursday for a week so i will be busy but i am thinking of you gals.

Be good.
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:37 PM   #35  

Shelley, yeah, the Neilson thing can be overwhelming at times. Since having Jake I don't scan or transmit as regularly as I used to. It's still fun, though--and I love getting all the free stuff when the points build up.

Gayle--wow you've been through a lot in the past week and I didn't even know it!! I have GOT to check in more! Thanks for the birthday card--it made my day!

Dee, hope you're enjoying the warm weather. Drink a cold on in honor of Sally and Viv. They would want you to enjoy yourself.

Thanks everyone for all the birthday wishes!

I signed up my 2nd tupperware recruit today! I'm so excited! One more and I'll be able to start earning royalties! I can't wait!!!!!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:42 PM   #36  

Cheryl way to go, you are doing very well with Tupperware.The product sells it's self it is so good.

Gayle how is your mom doing?

I am just off for a walk but thought that I would check in with you and see what is new.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:37 PM   #37  
Losing it!

Dee, I'll trade you a trip to Kansas for your trip to PV. I am having way too much fun at the motel & hospital.

They placed the pacemaker yesterday and will cardiovert her in the am. The original plan was to do both precedures at once, but her heart is too weak. They fitted her with the PM to set her heart rate up, no they can medicate her for the congestive heart failure with meds that typically lower the heart rate. Think of a see-saw on a playground, one will level the other one out. Mom won't make a complete recovery, but they are doing what they can to give her better quality of life, keep her comfortable and aid with the heart failure symptoms. They are cardioverting her in the morning and we'll go from there. Thank you for the prayers.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #38  

Gosh, Gayle. Your mom is going through so much. I'm sure our prayers are helping and will help get both her and you through this.

Cheryl-Yay! I hope you get the royalties. I wish I had $$ to buy some.

Janice-10 days and counting?? I've been reading your count down on FB.

Suzy-I missed the surgery Tim had also. I hope he is doing fine now.

Dee-When is Cindy arriving?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:37 PM   #39  
Losing it!

The cardiovert went well today. If she "passes"a test in the morning, we can head home. Arrangements are being made for in-home healthcare etc. If all goes well, I'm planning on being able to leave someone such as an aunt with her so I can do hair Monday. Thank you for the prayers, they are working!
Old 01-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #40  

Gayle, glad to hear things are running smoothly. It will help you if you're able to find someone to stay with her even one day/week. When you're able to kind of resume your normal activities, it will really help your stress levels.

Shelley, yep, let the royalties roll! I know what you mean about $$$$!! There's still so much in the book I think I need, but right now I don't have the funds to buy it! At least I do get the 25% seller's discount (which I LOVE!). In fact, I think that from now on when I'm signing people up I'm going to do it from the "Buyer's Club" perspective----Get either kit for $84 or $118 (which includes tax, etc.), then buy your stuff at the 25% discount (plus any consultant bonuses they happen to be offering at the time). That way, people won't have to focus on selling so much, but they can share the discount with their friends and family if they want to--or make a little in commissions if they don't! I've been trying to create a flyer to hand out at some of my parties that just focuses on that.

Janice, be watching your mail.........

Last edited by 4myloves; 01-23-2009 at 12:44 PM.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #41  
Losing it!

We made it back home!!!!! I am going to and from mom's house, cleaning, shopping, cooking etc. getting it ready for in-home care this coming Monday. I plan to work in the shop Monday, then meet with the healthcare workers on Tuesday. They will come out throughout the week to draw blood, check vitals, bath assist and offer physical therapy. I am so tired but there is alot to be done. Thank goodness I have Steve taking care of Allie and doing the stuff at home.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:54 AM   #42  

Gayle-You are one busy woman! Try to pause for a second and breathe!
Old 01-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #43  
Losing it!

Shelley, if I stop too long I'll fall asleep! :-)
I was exhausted the first night home but couldn't sleep, too many things going on in my head. I was on the computer at 2:30 that morning!
Old 01-26-2009, 02:43 PM   #44  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

I'm glad that your mom is home Gayle! I'm sure she is feeling much better now that she is home in her own surroundings. I know how you feel about not being able to stop or you will crash...I feel the same way! Tim is doing much better now...still not 100%, but he's on his way. He goes back to the surgeon on Wednesday and hopefully he will be released to return to work next week. We were hoping that we would be able to sneak a trip in to NC for the weekend, but I don't think Tim is up to very many hours riding in a car just yet and besides that they are calling for 8 inches of snow here Wednesday and ice south of us, so it's not good traveling weather anyway. I guess we'll wait a week or two before we go.
SuzyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:31 AM   #45  

just checking in to see how everyone is doing. Gayle \i am releived that your mom made it through. Remember last time how she showed the doctors? Well hopefully she will be a miracle again.

Janice enjoy the trip.

Shelley cindy is here now once she is gone i will have more time to check in. sure do miss you.

Cheryl you are doing great with selling tupperware. Keep up the good work and keep checking in too.

better go it is late and i am tired.

miss you gals.