Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 01:55 PM   #76  
wsw

anagram-sorry to hear you are still feeling bad. hope that nasty bug leaves you a.s.a.p! glad you at least slept ok last night. staying the same for past 3 months while on prednisone for part of that time is quite an accomplishment. every time i have been on it, i think i always gained some weight.

hi kaylets-nice to see you! it is scary to think what is going on now and what arrogance, lack of any common sense, and disregard for others, etc. caused this. as your story showed, though, there are still a lot of smart, kind, caring folks around, and we can all make a positive difference. this is what gives me hope. i am so grateful for all of you, dear royals. you always make me smile, and feel better, and that is a huge gift which i deeply cherish.

janga-congrats on those 2 pounds down! woo-hoo! glad your rib is getting better, at least, and hope it will heal as quickly as possible.

ceara-hope things are warming up in your neck of the woods. i hope your recent snowstorm didn't cause too much trouble or inconvenience, anyway. i am sooooo ready for spring.

hi wildfire-good to see you! congrats on 7 lbs. down since new year's! i too am counting days til spring.

arabella-sending you loads of hugs and good thoughts!

hi kat, andria, anewlife4me, cjzee, and all our lovely royal court! thinking of you.

have remained pretty consistent with staying op and exercise, and hanging in there with dainty portions. a friend is coming over in a little while. he is taking me to do some errands, including picking up a print i had framed. i am going to place it over my desk. it is an ocean scene, with some beautiful vibrant colors. i hope i still like it when i see it framed. afterwards, i am having dinner with him and his wife at their home, which will be nice. they are excited to show me some recent remodeling of their kitchen which has just been completed. ok, need to get offline, and get ready. take care, all.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:21 PM   #77  
Empress/Queen

Smile

Thanks for the huzzah re my rib situation, Wsw! It is quite better today. I am being careful, although still on my daily exercise streak plus the Jade Yoga Quest (at least 5 minutes per day as led by the Imaginary Jade Quest, a mysterious blonde stranger who wandered into East Dietshire a while back and began to lead short yoga sets in the middle of Diet Town Square, using of course, her jade green mat, hence the name of the quest ).

Kaylets, t'is nice to see thee, I have missed thee muchly these times away from the palace.

My strange weird computer went down at the beginning of this week or so and I had to reinstall a lot of software and hence NOW I can't get onto another land far far away (the sparkly spark one) as my computer seems to be blocking it, JUST as previously I could not get on 3FC for a long, long time ... same computer, same security system, etc. ... but I am always around and thinking of all my online friends and missing them. I also lost a lot of emails in this most recent crash and can't email anyone whose address I had not remembered.

I REALLY want to get a more modern computer but keep this one for work, however, they tell me times are bad.

I say pooh on that. I want one of those little itty bitty portables and if I get it, I will put all my diet and fitness software on and carry it around just for that purpose, although, yea, I will use it in the field for work communication.

But maybe not until I buy an air conditioner for the kitchen as it is already getting hot here, at least it was today in the Arizona sun.

Thinking of ye, Arabella, and sending what vibes I can to SIL.

Last edited by Amarantha2; 01-31-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:12 AM   #78  
wsw

janga, i am glad your rib is better, and that you are being careful while it is healing. hope your computer doesn't do any more wierd things. i too have to start thinking about getting a new a/c. well, it's still cold here, but as soon as it warms up, i will need to get a new one. i need to be ready to strike at the first sign of warm weather, so i am checking out prices/companies so i will be ready to have that taken care of at the first sign of spring. once it warms up here, it can start to get hot pretty quickly. i put off taking care of this because it is such a big expense for me, plus it got cold here much earlier than usual, which gave me a little reprieve.

my (best) friend hung my new print last night. it looks great over my desk! i picked a really nice frame for it too. the view of the ocean, the foliage, and architecture in the scene all make me smile. i keep noticing different aspects of the print each time i gaze at it.

yesterday, my friend also took me to look at a couple independent living dwellings. they were better than the ones i had found to check out--they scared/creeped me out much less, anyway, than anything else i had seen up to this point, partly because they are nicer, newer places, and also because my friend helped make the experience as palatable as possible with his kindness, sensitivity to how hard this is for me, and with his great sense of humor! after our errands, he brought me back to his house, and his wife made a delicious dinner and we had a pleasant visit. they are a terrific couple, and really bring out the best in each other, which is always a joy to see.

well, i woke up in the middle of the nigt (ugh!) and thought i would not fight it, so i came out here to get on the computer. glad i thought to pop in at the palace.

well, royal ones, hope you all have a good remainder of your weekend. take care. maybe i can get a little sleep for a while. think i will give it another shot , anyhow.

Last edited by wsw; 02-01-2009 at 04:22 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:19 AM   #79  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Hello Lovelies!

No news on SIL front yet, as to the particular strain of lymphoma. It's been over two weeks, which seems to me a shockingly long time to leave someone after telling them, more or less, that they were on their last legs. I've been treating her with Reiki pretty much every day and it seems to help. But it may be that's all it can do, at this point, help her get through whatever it is that she's got to get through. Which is no small blessing in itself, I guess.

She's gotten worse. On Thursday she couldn't evacuate at all, all day long. And you just can't stay in that situation. She probably should have gone to the hospital but I know she's afraid she'll go in and not come out again. Anyway, she's been promised that they'll have the results tomorrow and then they'll start "whatever course of action is appropriate."

In other news, I've actually managed three in-control days. I didn't actually track everything, though, so I can't count them as part of the 21-dayer (which I'm beginning again today -- see earlier thread for details). Weight's still up -- we took dinner out to Nancy's last night and it was a little later and more carb-heavy than usual. Tomorrow should show an improvement.

Janga, hope you get your little portable! Glad to hear the rib's better -- that sounded disconcerting.

WSW, I hope you find a lovely independent living place! I think if you find the right one, it makes all the difference. Nice to have your own place but have built-in community and amenities, too. I always think I'd like it. Not to mention not having to deal with all the cr@p that you seem to have to deal with at your condo. (Isn't part of the point of a condo cr@p-free living?)

Anagram, you should be proud of coming through the last three months at the same weight. I'm not so thrilled to be (as of today) up 7 pounds from the lowest I've been. And while a couple of the fluffies are likely to be fleeting, the bulk of them have, I'm afraid, solidified Hope your bug is gone, gone, gone!

Kaylets, I could not agree with you more! People want to do good but they are overwhelmed and discouraged and feel powerless. We just need to start every day knowing that our every interaction has an effect and then go out there and be kind to one another.

Wildfire, how sweet, how sweet, your little bundle! What wonderful times you'll have. And seven pounds off is a sweet little bundle to be gone, too! I love your approach, sounds like the best way to do it. Sounds like the fabled "CLICK!"

Ceara, what is with this winter It's so.... wintery. We're having a few non-extreme days here at least, for which the gods be thankit.

Kat, anewlife, Andria:

K, Dollings, let's take this day we've been given and make it work for us!

Old 02-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #80  
a work in progress...

Put me down on the "where does the time go?" list... I know I sat down several times to post, only to be swept away before inspiration as to what to write struck. One good reason I've had less time to post is that I've been spending more time at the gym! Also, we've been 'given back' the 2.5 work hours/week that were taken away a few weeks ago. In a very short time, apparently, the powers that be realized that it might be somewhat counter-productive to cut the hours of those who help to facilitate the money rolling in! So there's that... and speaking of financial woes:

Kaylets, don't even get me started on the the economic mess this country is in and why... my blood boils just thinking about it! *I just deleted a whole rant on the subject of arrogance, entitlement, greed, etc, etc, that had me sitting here typing for the last 10 minutes!* Then along comes a story like that very one about the little boy with the coats that restores my faith in humanity! ...which leads me to agree, once again, with

Arabella: We just need to start every day knowing that our every interaction has an effect and then go out there and be kind to one another. I couldn't agree more! I'm sending peaceful, positive thoughts your way for SIL. :

wsw... Here's hoping that you find the perfect place for you. I'm so glad that you have such good friends that help you and that you can count on!

Anagram... I totally concur w/arabella... coming through a stint of Prednisone AND the holidays with no weight gain?? You are definitely doing something right! Be very proud of yourself!

Janga... you are an inspiration, with your daily exercise streak... I'm trying hard to do the same, but have managed three days a week thus far. Would also like to emulate "5 min yoga/day" philosopy. You're a great role model! Hoping that rib feels better...

Wildfire... THANK YOU for that reminder: 49 days til Spring! And now it's only 47 days! I'm so ready. Think of all the lovely walks with in the stroller ahead of you... awww!

Hi to everyone else...

Can you believe that it's February already? Here's to as near a perfect week as you can get it!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #81  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah to all royals, this is a fly-by but wanted to again send good wishes to Arabella's SIL and also mention that sometimes things that seem hopeless can turn around on the waft of a breeze that we never knew was coming, and may it be so or may the outcome be whatever is right and good as universe mandates, it is all ok, although t'is sometimes hard to believe that.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:19 AM   #82  

Thumbs up Fresh Start Tuesday

Thanks to everyone for all the good energy for my SIL. She still hasn't heard but was told yesterday that if she didn't get a call by 2 this afternoon, that she should call the doctor who'll be treating her and make an appointment because they have her information. Thursday's her 54th birthday and she hopes to be getting chemo to celebrate.

It just seems like one of those times. Another friend has had a return of a particularly nasty type of breast cancer, my BIL's sister is having a double mastectomy today (diagnosed 2 weeks ago). Another friend, the last person I would have expected, just did a stint in the psychiatric ward.

I'm counting my blessings, every day. 5:15 here. I'm going to get a bit of work done, go for a walk and then drive out to give SIL Reiki. I'm going to see about getting attuned to master level so I can attune her and then she can treat herself. Not that I'll stop but it would be good for her to have that ability and it would be better for me not to have to go out so much.

In other news, I'm going to book a consultation with a holistic nutritionist here who does weight loss counseling. If it's not exhorbitant, I think I'll sign up.

Kat for you, getting to the gym!

Janga, you are so right! Things can do a 180 any time, no matter how impossible that seems. I always say life can turn on a dime.

Love to all lies, mentioned or un. Let's take this day we've been given and make the most of it.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:01 AM   #83  

Hello all!'

Anagram and Empress! Hope you are both feeling well "toot suite"...(spelling!)

I should've wished you good health last post but I was going on and on....
Anyway, hope you are on the road to recovery...

To everyone!

Thought of the day:

Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand.
- Emily Kimbrough

Question of the day:

"Is it hard for you to ask for help?"

We have a "storm that's going around us" already making the roads intersting with more intersting things happening later during evening rush hour.....

So, I am off....

PS, DH has bronchitis and is miserable..........
Old 02-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #84  
Empress/Queen

Huzzah to all and this is another fly-by as now that I can get back on 3FC with no computer problems, it seems time is filling up so much with work. Anyhow, have been working three days straight and am tired and now it is nap time, methinks!

Best to all and Wood Nymph, hope SIL gets her birthday wish and yea, life does turn on a dime. We have to believe in life, luck, fata morgana, something ... good vibes to SIL!

Wow, I am pooped. See thee all. I have a new Fitness Rx by the couch and am going to read it.

I am streakity streak on my a.m. exercise and yoga challenges!
Old 02-04-2009, 08:43 PM   #85  

G'd evening, Royals. I am finally, almost, I think, over whatever the nasty was. Have been pulling life back together. Unfortunately the appetite has returned as well.

Just a flyby really as I'm feeling my eyes closing and want to try to get a good night's sleep. But sending good springlike vibes to all.

QOD - yes, I do find it hard to ask for help and to take it even when offered. I much prefer being the HELP-ER.

Going through a spell of bad news too Arabella though none of it as close as yours. But somewhat discouraging/depressing to hear of so much in such a close time period. Several deaths, several soon to follow if news is as reported.

Hope to be back in a more joyous frame of mind soon. I'm actually doing pretty well at the moment - just sleepy.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:40 AM   #86  

Wood Nymph, You have so much happening all around you ! And you seem to be in the eye in the storm for your friends and family. I am sending good thoughts to you and yours!

Last evening, I recvd that dreaded call, my father died yesterday, probably, midday.

My mother had gone to lunch and found him when she came home about 2 pm. The coroner suspects a heart attack as my Dad was in pretty good health over all.

He was 83 and I am grateful he didnt suffer. I am still in shock myself, doing the things you think you should do first......

My mother will finalize the arrangements today but she is thinking the Funeral will be the 16th so that everyone can make arrangements to get there.

I am thinking I might go early to be with her but we'll see what she thinks about that.

I realize I am very lucky to have had both my parents for so long, especailly lucky to have a good relationship with them.

I know you're thoughts are with me and I am grateful.

My best to everyone!
Old 02-05-2009, 08:48 AM   #87  

Kaylets, so sorry to hear about your dad's passing! Be assured, my thoughts are with you and your family. Wishing you peace and comfort, Sweetie!
Old 02-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #88  
wsw

kaylets, i am so very sorry to hear about your dad! i am sending you lots of good thoughts, and hugs. please take good care of yourself!
Old 02-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #89  

Hello all!

Thanks for your kind words !

The Funeral will be Monday, Feb 16 to allow time for people to make travel arrangements. I have just spoken to my mother and told her I am going to find a flight that will get me there Tues or Wed. I know she will need help getting the final details and her house ready for company. ( Even though most of us are planning on staying in the nearby motel.... )

And already, the family stuff has begun but I am moving forward, doing what I think is best.

Thanks for listening.

I'm going to look at flights now.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:13 AM   #90  

My deepest sympathy, Kaylets! It is a great blessing that your Dad went quickly though the shock is undeniable. And yes, as much support as you can give your Mom - the extra time will be good for you too.

And strengthening vibes too to Wood Nymph. I know I have many times needed the Palatial Support and it is so appreciated.

Hang in, Lovely Queens. Your strength is so needed.
Closed Thread