Old 10-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #91  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, that is good to hear that I didn't scare anybody away with my mumblings!

I have to check to see what I need to make a Cinnabun bread for Logan for his birthday! My sister is making his cake for his party on Saturday, and I figured that I would make a bread so he has something special for his birthday! I can't believe that he is 3 years old already!

SuzieQ~ Is Gabster being Sharpay from HSM? The blond girl from the movie, right?

Cristina~ I wish I was at your house for chili for dinner! I am not even remotely close to coming up with something for dinner! It is cold here so it just might be a soup and sandwich night.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #92  
RosieKate

Nope - not scared off - yet I was cheering you on, Mindee, all the way over here in Orygun. So glad you got the WIC stuff straightened out,sometime raising a little **** is just waht the doctor ordered

Cristina - glad Josh's surgery went well. Should be a pretty quick recovery, right? Nowadays, gall bladder surgery doesn't seems to be as big a deal..my SIL had hers taken out via laparoscopy - I think they took it out thru her belly button. Two weeks later she flew to Oregon for her wedding.

Susan- Fingers crossed for good pee, lol! Yeah right - you probably have some of the cleanest pee around Sounds like the hospital job is the best bet, with the medical and all. Will you be able to quit the other p/t jobs?

HI to everyone else! I made it to pilates, then to Kaiser for a fasting blood draw. I weighed before I went..hence the 2 lb loss. I think it's due to being on day 3 of TOM and fasting for 12 hours..but I'll take it! and try to keep it. Now I'm off to frantically finish knitting Leigh's toy elephant. Her birthday is Friday and I am almost done!

Ciao for now!
Old 10-28-2008, 04:48 PM   #93  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Back again!

MINDEE...glad you got the WIC straightened out. Oh man...I came home and walked in the door and that chili is smelling so good! Sorry, but it is, lol. Cinnabon bread sounds delicious! 3 already eh? The kids are growing like weeds!

SUSAN...have a good day at work and hoping for the good pee too, lol! I have no clue who the heck you and Mindee are talking about, lol. It was fun at the zoo though seeing all the little guys, and big guys in costume. I think my favorite was this man dressed as Fred Flintstone!

KATY...yay to the 2 pounds! Hey, we will take them anyway we can get them I always forget that Leigh is a Halloween baby...such fun. Bet she is going to love the elephant! Yeah...I had the laproscopic too and I swear after I slept off the anesthesia I was fine. But my mother kept on me..."You better be careful, so sit down and relax, etc." lol...same thing I am doing to Josh. He was in a little more pain afterward than I remember being in. But he will heal soon enough.

HIYA FRANCIE, JULES, TAMMY, SUE, ASIA & SASSY! Hoping all is well with you ladies.

Well, I went and did the eye exam and ordered some new glasses. Loving the new styles...got me some pink ones, too cute! I was afraid the lens would be too small for bifocals but she said they can add a couple of ml to them and I wouldn't even know it. That way I can have the style and my bifocals...sure is he)( getting old, lol.

Did a dvd and a little over 2 miles walked so feeling good about that. Getting ready to do some weights and at least another mile on the treadmill. I wanted to walk outdoors but too busy and it was too cold this a.m. Need to just bundle up and do it. Tomorrow I have to go to the dentist, it's actually the peridontist for a consultation. I rescheduled last time...it was raining and I didn't feel like going and now I have to.

Anywho...the hubby will be home in a few and it's almost time for Jeopardy so...I will bid you farwell.

Have a great day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:18 PM   #94  

I forgot to post something about every thing at WIC yesterday. The receptionist told me that she could offer me a months supply & then we come back in a month, or she could ask every body if they could squeeze me in. I said, "let me go ask my husband what he wants to do" and as I walked away, I loud enough for the people that work there said "this is complete bullsh*t" and walked out to talk to Tommy. I was out in the waiting room telling him what was going on, and this one lady said "that happened to me last week! they told me that my appointment was on the 23rd, so then when I got here, they said "oh no no no, your appointment isn't until the 27th." So, then after I was sitting there with the paperwork that they were suppose to send me in the mail......the lady sitting next to me said that they did the same thing to her as well!

When I went back to the desk after I talked to Tommy (who said "I am not leaving here, since it is their screw up"), the receptionist then says to me "the only thing I can offer you is a months supply and then you come back in a month." I said "oh no no no, you are going to go and ask every one if they don't mind squeezing us in, because it was your mistake and NOT mine." Just as I said that, the WIC Coordinator, aka head honcho, came out of her office and the receptionist immediately called her over and said "we have a situation here."

Needless to say, my mom would be VERY proud that I stuck to my guns and didn't just roll over like they wanted me to do. I made sure three times before I even hung up the phone, and all three times, the guy told me the 27th of October at 2:45pm. But apparently he forgot to put us down on the schedule and in return scheduled 20 million other people!

I made Logan a Cinnabun bread loaf for his birthday, complete with the icing on top. It is all too rich for me, so I am going to see if the neighbors want to come over and eat some later.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:38 PM   #95  
RosieKate

Cristina - i just ordered my new glasses, too. I got some cute tortoiseshell Calvin Kleins. We'll have to post pics when we get them..yours sound very cute. I, too, was surprised at what they could fit a bifocal on...used to be they wouldn't do it, but my CKs are not that big.

Ok- off to the bus stop!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:18 AM   #96  

I can't wait to see your new glasses, ladies! it seems like they keep getting smaller and smaller these days.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #97  
kitty Momo

I want some new glasses too. The R's were able to get some cute ones, I don't think they are even wearing them.

Mindee- Yes, Sharpay from HSM, just the dress though. lol It was the only thing in her size and she wanted to be a princess so I was just going to work around the dress. Good for you on sticking up for yourself at the WIC office! Cinnabun sounds gooey and yummy.

ugh, I have to get to work! I worked 12 hours yesterday and 12 today is planned too. Thursday is just a 6 hour training and 2 hour halloween party at the rehab and Friday is a 3 hour CPR class, I get Saturday off!! I guess I will catch up at that time.

Katy - Cute about the toy elephant for L. on the weight loss and yes to being able to quit the 2 jobs I have now if I get the hospital one. Since I have to work weekends w/ that one they pay $2 dollars more an hour for weekend shifts, I forgot to say that, so that is nice.

Cristina - HSM......haven't you watched it?? lol Rach was ga ga over the one guy that was also in Hairspray, course that was HSM 1 when she was younger. Anyway, you aren't missing anything. lmbo Can't wait to see you (and katy!!) in your new glasses!!

.....ugh, have to go!!!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 10-29-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:44 PM   #98  

Stop! Please don't post here anymore...see you in BIK #61