Old 10-23-2008, 07:44 AM   #46  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

OOOO yay!!! Count me in!!!!!!! I love Christmas!!
wildthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:17 AM   #47  
RosieKate

Francie - that was a great article..it reminded me of one of my fave weight loss books. It's called Thin for Life. If you liked that article, you would really like the book. It's a research study that studied the habits of people who had lost 40 lbs or more and kept them off for over a year. I do some of them. I weigh every day, exercise regularly, allow myself treats. I need to work on : stopping when full and solving problems with food.

Sassy - at 5 miles a day, your hubby will be in great shape in no time! I need a job like that...but seriously, it sounds like a great job and he seems to be enjoying it, which is the important thing. I'm going to take a pass on the gift exchange, but will send out my e-card to everyone as the time approaches.

Asia - wow - what a great result from the detox..hope you are feeling better

Hi to everyone else! Well another night of crap sleep...this is getting really tiresome ( haha) I've been painting trim in the living room this week, so today I'll work on that and get some laundry sone. Maybe I can sneak in a nap. Have a good one, ladies!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:37 AM   #48  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Katy~OoO..I should check that out. Who is the author?
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #49  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

Today we start an hour later so I have but I split second to tool on the computer.

Asia- Sorry you aren't feeling well . The 5 pounds is awesome though and makes you wonder about the toxins in our bodies

Sassy - Is Sue going going to be back in time to let us know if she wants to be a part of the exchange? I forget when she was going to be back from Vegas. That is my only question on the exchange. Enjoy your time off.

Mindee- Isn't that something about the kids learning Spanish?? Gaby came home one day last year counting up to 10, if I had the money I would have loved to do one of those immursion pre schools. btw - I love Curious Geogre, he is pretty cute.

Katy - Sorry you aren't sleeping well

Francie- I will have t read the article when I have more time! Hope you are having a good day.

Hi to Cristina, Jules, Sue and Tammy!!

Bummed because I haven't heard anything from the school and the 3 hour slinging food job. Surely I can do THAT??? I am a mom after all.....lol. Sheesh. I called yesterday and they said they were deciding on Friday, I havent' even scored for an interview......ugh. I just need a second job and while the motel one pays pretty good I wanted off the weekends. So, I guess I will just have to keep looking. *sigh.

k- enough of my dribble. You ladies have a good Thursday.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:32 PM   #50  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, I am using Logan's money that he got from my grandma in Texas to wash their clothes! nothing too exciting about that at all! although, I have to admit that it is nice to be able to get out and feel like I am doing something!

I read about the ten week plan last night, so I am going to look more into it today and hopefully knock out my plan of attack!

speaking of laundry I need to go check to see if it is done yet.....so I can switch it into the dryers!

I think in the spring time, we are going to look hardcore into getting a mobile home. I want to be able to not hear my neighbors cough, and to be able to do my own laundry on my own time again! Tommy will be happy to hear that, since he has been pushing for us to move like ASAP. But I refuse to move until Brandon gets out of school. I don't want to have to get him switched in the middle of the school year.

I gotta run, Logan is being a menace in the bedroom, so I will take him with me over to the laundry room to help me out. I will be back later on sometime!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:50 PM   #51  
I was born this way hey!

Whats the 10 week plan?
Old 10-23-2008, 02:00 PM   #52  
RosieKate

thin for Life author is Anne M. Fletcher

Last edited by RosieKate; 10-23-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:24 PM   #53  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Just stopping in to tell ya'll that I'm still alive and kicking. Just soooo busy with my son's wedding stuff. Only three weeks from this coming Saturday!! Have I lost the weight that I wanted....no. But hey, I didn't gain! I'm working a night shift tonight so I may be able to get back on here and chat a little.
sz2atheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 03:27 PM   #54  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Just a quickie right now...have a few things to do but will be back a little later this evening to post more.

Josh is back at the hospital...he went last month and I know it is gallstones from the pain he described and because me, and DD & DS#1 has had them so...he is the last to get them. So they are running some tests and trying to find out what is up...poor kid. Charlotte said he started hurting last night at about 11 but wouldn't go to the emergency room then. She came home to check on him at 11 today and he was still hurting bad. Waiting to hear back about him.

Today is day one for my water challenge. I have half of it down and getting ready to go get the bottle to start on the other 32 oz. I have a bottle I keep filling up. Plus I have some exercise to get done. So...I'll be back later!

Hope everyone is having a good day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:45 PM   #55  

well, since my last post I managed to get the laundry finished, and got a call from Brandon's teacher.

He was running in the classroom, and didn't stop in time. What broke his fall you ask? A piece of furniture did....she told me on the phone that it put a dent in his forehead and by looking at it, she knew that it was going to bruise really bad. When I was talking to her, the aide in the classroom was sitting and rocking with Brandon with a boo boo bunny (an ice pack) on it. She asked me what I wanted her to do, and I told her that Tommy gets out of work at 3:30 and that I could try and get in touch with him to pick him up. She said that by then it would be too late, and that if she should put him on the bus. She then said that she was going to keep an eye on him, and if it got worse then she wasn't going to put him on the bus and she would call and let me know that she didn't put him on there.

But we got him off the bus, and he has a nice goose egg on his forehead. He already didn't want to go to school today....he wanted to stay home and take a nap instead! He already isn't feeling good....so I am hoping that this will all be better for him in the morning. right now, him and Logan are sitting in the living room watching Thomas.

Francie~ The 10 week plan, that is a plan that I got off of another board that I am on. It is actually 10 steps to help you get over your mental, psychological, and emotional issues as far as what is basically holding you back from achieving your weight loss successes.

Tammy~ It is so good to hear from you!

Katy~ How are you doing?

Cristina~ I hope Josh is okay! Keep us informed!
Old 10-23-2008, 04:55 PM   #56  
I was born this way hey!

Katy~Cool..thanks!! I'll have to go to the bookstore this weekend.

Tammy~

Cristina~Gallstones suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mindee~Omg..that sounds like something I need..can you fill me in on some more of it??
Old 10-23-2008, 06:59 PM   #57  
kitty Momo

Mindee- Sorry about the goose egg of Brandon's! Hope he is ok today.

Cristina - to Josh, hope he gets some relief from the gallstone pain! You know, I haven't drank any water today...lol, thanks for the reminder come back and chat when you can.

Tammy - Great to see you back and good for you on maintaining!

I need to dash and get Gaby from school and stop at the store for more milk and low fat Italian dressing.

I have some good news, have to share! The local hospital called finally after 2 months of waiting for a reply on my application for housekeeping. I go in tomorrow for an interview. I know they pay good and have excellent benefits so I was excited about that,plus they are a good employer to retire from...... please PRAY that it is a full time position that way I only would have to work 1 job. Please, please, please. After 2 months though I hope the call to at least come in and interview is a good sign.

Otherwise I do some morning training til noon, interview at 1pm and start my evening shift tomorrow night at the group home at 6pm for 4 hours.

k- off to get the milk

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 10-23-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:57 PM   #58  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies, back again.

So...Josh does have gallstones and they are keeping him tonight and he will have surgery tomorrow at 11:00. Charlotte is going to get Chase off to school and I think she was bringing Cambrie and then we are going to ride to the hospital together and probably spend the whole day there. At least he is getting it taken care of.

SUSAN...lots of luck on the hospital job! : About Sue...if I remember correctly, I think she said she would be back the day before Halloween or Halloween day Somewhere around that time.

FRANCIE...thanks for the link. I think I do 5 or 6 out of the 10...don't weigh everyday but try to at least 2 or 3 times a week. I do eat what I want, just try to watch the portion size..key word try, lol. I do exercise regulary and I do know I can maintain, lol...just need to get where I want to be and then maintain!

MINDEE...aww, hoping Brandon is feeling better. Dora is one of my favorite cartoons to watch when Cambrie is here, that and Diego. She will stop whatever it is she is doing and watch it.

KATY...I had that book and read it but can't remember a thing about it, lol. Don't know if I still have it but will look. Probably something I should read as well. Sorry about your insomnia...it is the pits. I hear ya about the glasses...don't want to think about it. V goes to the eye doc Monday evening and then will get some new ones, ugh. I need to but will probably be after Christmas sometime. Hope you get some sleep tonight!

ASIA... to the 7 pounds! That is awesome!

SASSY...you can sign me up for the exchange as well. Sounds like the hubby is getting a good workout for sure!

TAMMY...good to see you! I figured you were very busy with the wedding plans and work...tough enough with just work couldn't imagine all the wedding planning. Check back when you can.

HIYA JULES & SUE

Okay, so I just finished up with my 64 ounces of water today. Plan on drinking a little more in a few minutes...feeling a little full from it though, maybe after dinner. So Day 1 down, yay! Got all my exercise done. Going to have to get up really early in the morning to get some kind of exercise done before heading out.

I hate leftovers but have discovered leftover chili is not so bad. I hate wasting food and money even more so that is what we are having for dinner tonight and I hope it's not burning....better go check it and stir.

Probably talk with you ladies either tomorrow night or Saturday. Not sure. Don't know when Josh will come home but I have a feeling Miss Cambrie will be coming home with Nana. Not sure about saturday evening now...supposed to go to the trick or treat thing at the zoo and V got the tickets already so we'll see.

Last but not least...finished the Debbie Macomber book and it brought tears to my eyes. But they were tears of joy. I love a book that warms the heart and soul and this did it for me. Makes me want to make a list of 21 Wishes.

Nighty, night ladies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:27 AM   #59  

nothing really new since my last post! thanks goodness!!

Francie~ I haven't really read too much more about it since the little bit just to give myself an overview of it. I actually found it on another weight loss board that I am on, if you want the name of the site, I can send you it in a PM or something.

SuzieQ~ He is sleeping now, and from time to time he has been coughing, but that goes along with the cold that he is getting. I am going to definitely keep an eye on him over night. good luck at the interview!!!!

Cristina~ I hope every thing goes well with Josh during the surgery. I will check in after I get Brandon on the bus to see if you have given us an update.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:15 AM   #60  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Wink Morning All!

Morning All.

Katy -- Yeah my DH will probably lose lots of weight and I will still look like the Michelin Man. Thats ok, I understand on passing on the gift exchange.

Suzy Q -- I dunno if Sue will back or not? Did she say when she was going to be back??? I will surely keep my for the hospital job. I know my husband is loving his new job at the hospital.

Cristina -- Ouch. Gallstones. I remember how much pain my DH was in. I am sure he will definitely feel much better after that is all done.

Tammy --

Mindee -- Big for Brandon, OUCHIE!

Gift Exchange Information: So far I have Cristina, Asia, Francie and myself, is there anybody else that I am missing? I figure we can begin the gift exchange maybe November 1st or the week after that? What do you all think? Just want to make sure everybody has enough time.

I haven't been doing too much, trying to get things cleaned up little by little. The maintenance man came by yesterday and fixed our window. DH told me to check out the Children's Hospital jobs and tell him what I applied too and he probably can talk to the hiring managers. So I need to do that. I guess they are getting ready to hire a bunch of people, so I need to jump in if I want in.

Kinda sooner than I wanted to do it, but I gotta do what I gotta do and I really feel like I have to take this opportunity. Esp after finding out that the new hires at my current job make only 8 cents less than me. Why am I breaking my back working all these crazy hours and all for 8 more cents an hour? Pfffft........I know that money is not everything and I am very thankful to even have a job, as I know many esp with our economy do not. But I am taking advantage of this opportunity because I think its what is best for me.

I plan on (hopefully) taking one of my coworkers with me, I was telling her about the jobs and the pay and she said she'd be interested as she has worked in the medical field before. My other coworker who I work with all night, does not want to go. So that is her perogative and if my coworker and I go, I know she will miss us and us her, but we can hang out outside of work. We don't have to work together to be friends.

I am beginning to wonder about my coworker who I work all night with. She is just asking me things that most people don't ask people who they just met two months ago. I know we hit it off and all, but I still have my boundaries. So I think I am going to have to just tell her politely to "back off" on those questions. I don't want to hurt her feelings, but there are some things that I keep to myself or it takes very very long to get out of me. (ask my DH. lol) I think I have already told her WAY too much and I am starting to regret that. Maybe that is why she is asking me these questions because she thinks that I am pretty open. Mostly I am, there are just a few things that I am not as open about.

Does any of this make any sense? Well I have done exceeded my rambling record for this week!!!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 10-24-2008 at 07:16 AM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote