Old 10-16-2008, 04:20 PM   #61  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

ASIA...ummm, we already are a bunch of good looking ladies! I believe at this posting by now you have had some food, yay! Sounds like you guys are having the same weather we are. I get tired of the heat but once the cold hits, I am never ready for it. Hoping you get to go to the gym, that would be awesome! And for only $15...can't beat that price!

SUSAN...forgot you were headed to Portland today...was going to ask where you were. Be safe and enjoy your trip.

SUE...you guys be safe tomorrow and enjoy yoru trip as well! I am thinking your son is missing his mom and dad too! Funny how they won't admit it. I talked with Josh a week and 1/2 ago and invited them over for dinner this Sunday and couldn't believe how fast he said YES! I could hear in his voice he wanted to come over and he misses his momma, lol. Me and DD were talking and said he was either really missing home or he wanted some of his momma's good cooking, lol. I'm not that great believe me but Char doesn't like to cook and isn't so great. She would rather go out for sure. How long are you guys going to be gone and more important...will you have access to a computer? We will miss you if you don't post...but enjoy your trip and espeically your time with your son.

JULES...I hear ya on the shoes. I hate going to the store shopping and usually buy online so you can't imagine the returns, lol. Lately though I have been pretty lucky with the Nikes. The ones I got the other day are GREAT! I think I am favoring the Nikes over the New Balance now. Hope you find the right shoes for ya. Aaaawwww, can't believe that Dominic's first BD is coming up quick! He is such a cute little guy.

MINDEE...aaahhh, 3 already! Where has the time gone? I remember when you had the kids. My niece plans on breast feeding...not sure if my nephews wife will...the one who just had their baby on the First. Don't remember if I mentioned that they had several ultra sounds and was told it was a girl. They had a girls name pickes-Addison Paige which I thought was so cute. Had the baby's room set up for a girl...lilac on the walls...pink blankets etc...they had a boy! There was another couple in the hospital at the same time and the same...they had a boy when told everytime it was a girl. My niece is going to the same place, lol...maybe she will have a girl. Anyway...they definitely grow too fast.

FRANCIE...waht the heck?! Why can the apartment people turn the air off? That doesn't seem right. You should have control over your own place. Of course we or rather I am sitting over here freezing. Okay, you don't have to rub the chinese food in my face, lol. I know it was good! And ice cream, ugh...I want some! I will get some Sunday...making a cake for dessert Sunday and I bought this yogurt blend...tastes just like slow churned ice cream...yummy. Glad your friend is home and I hope she is feeling lots better!

SASSY...are you going to be able to make it to the doc? Hoping you do and you feel better soon.

KATY...I think both pics of you are great-don't think you could take a bad picture. Oh yeah, I remember the days of watching music videos on MTV...never could get enough of that station. I can't remember the last time I watched because all they show are reality shows, ugh!

Not a lot going on with me today. Went to bed with a mild headache last night and when I got up this morning at 7 it was on the verge of a migraine. I got up and did a couple of things and just went back to bed. Took some tylenol, grabbed the ice pack and just went back to bed. For the longest time I could not get warm...had chills and felt like I was going to throw up. Never did...at about 9 I went and drank some 7UP and ate a couple of crackers...went back to bed and didn't get up until 1...yikes! When I get them or feel one coming I basically have to sleep it off. Kind of like a hangover...have to shut up the bedroom-make it dark, no noise and ice and just sleep. Needless to say this has been a wasted day...absolutely nothing done at all. Rmembered I had a BD card to mail so ran to the PO and that was it. Had some soup at 2 and feeling a little better but my stomache and head are a little ugh.

Didn't get any exercise done today, and won't. Thought about mowing the backyard but it can wait. Just don't feel up to doing anything. Glad I don't have to cook or do laundry, lol. Anyway...

Have a great day...what's left of it ladies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:20 PM   #62  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon ladies...Just a pop in to say "hi" and "goodbye." I am all ready to head West. Won't be checking in as we are not taking the laptop. I will have withdrawal for sure.
Ya'll be good, play nice and don't say anything bad about me while I am gone.
See you next month.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:25 PM   #63  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Cristina- Thank you...We will be back Halloween.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 04:32 PM   #64  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Sue~Have a safe trip!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 07:18 PM   #65  
kitty Momo

omg - that Sue chick finally left on vacation!! Lets trash talk her behind her back!! lol

jk, sue.....you have fun and be safe! We will miss you!

I am at the ex's, Gaby and I finally got away around 12:30. I think I will take the girls over to my moms for a visit. Have a doctors appt for Gaby in the morning for a skin rash that won't go away....the zoo afterwards and *maybe* a fast trip to the pumpkin patch, after that I need to be home by 7pm Friday.

I worked 7 hours Wednesday so it was a busy day, they had me deep cleaning a room. When I got home I had 2 messages....one was the rehab place (!!!) , I start next Wednesday w/ the training. Seond call was for an interview at an intreatment place, I passed on that...I really like the idea of working w/ the disabled and I liked the man that interviewed me.
I still need a seond job so I applied this morning at the local grade school for a food server position....just a little something to go along w/ the rehab job and this way there won't be any weekend work.Plus PERS and benefits.....it says...I don't know how with only 3 hours a day (???).
So, cross fingers on that......either way I will still have the motel job as my second job.

I forgot my book Cristina......I am reading "where are you now?"

hi to everyone..:waves: ..Jules, Sassy, Katy, Mindee, Sassy, Asia, Francie, and Tammy. I will try and catch up later.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 09:29 PM   #66  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hello All.

Still feeling like crappola. All I have done is sleep all day and I'm still tired! I am gonna just lay down and watch tv............I feel sooooo lazy, but I have absolutely no energy!

Well I am going to the dr tomorrow, DH was gonna use FIL's car, but when they went to get his car, MIL's van broke down. So DH has to ride his motorcycle to work tomorrow so I can see the dr. Its supposed to be really cold in the morning too.........I feel bad for him, but he says he will be ok.

Ya know I am wondering if I may have pneumonia because I feel short of breath and I've had pneumonia before and it feels the same. So we shall see I suppose. I just know I feel really crappy. I hope I'm better by Sunday, but if I'm not, I'm not ya know?

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:23 PM   #67  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

Hey ladies!!! I ate food today. Like regularly and I swear the sale said that I had lost a half a pound today. That was right after I ate too!!! I really hope my matabolism is faster. However getting rid of your toxins can get rid of your fat. Toxins live in fat so the fat is harder to get rid of because the toxins need to live in something. So anyways I am a pound and a half to goal. I also decided that I am just gonna focus on my 15 pounds. I dont know what I want my goal weight to be. So I am just gonna focus on short goals and what ever I end up at I end up yet. I am not gonna lie. I would like it to be around 140 but its whatever. Anyhoo I hade cheerios for breakfast nad a clam chowder soup that is all natural. It was really good. I also had a turkey medaloins smart ones. Fantastic. It was so good. I had that for supper. I just ate an apple for snak and I had a small sliver of cake earlier. It was very small. Just for the taste. It was a very good day. Moving to indys...

Mindee- You have kids? Dp you have a baby? I had no idea! Where have I been? I wasnt breast fed. My mom just couldnt do it. She had a really hard labor. Thats actually why I am the only one. I dont have any siblings because a German doctor caused her to scar so badly.

Sassy- I really hope you can get to the doctor. Its so nice that you hubby is willing to ride his bike!! If you lived here I could give you a ride because I get off at 3. Oh well. I bet it will work out.

Francie- I cant stand being hot. They say that if heat effects you dramatically that you should look into a detox. I havnt dealt with heat yet. Normaly heat makes me feel all gross and I get like light headed and stuf. We will see. What was you friend in the hospital for?

Cristina- well I knew that we were all good looking! I am just saying that we will be even hotter!!! I did have food. It was wonderful!!! My bathroom breaks are much better. Not so forced I guess. I have been doing high fiber. I hope you get to feeling better!!! Migranes are no good!!!

Susan- I am having to work at United again for my second job. I put in my request to come back from my leave of absence and also to transfer to my old store. Both were granted and I am alreayd on the schedual for next week. I ready do be rolling in the dough!!! Lol not really. Just spending money and college.

Well I will not be able to write until Saturday night at the earliest. I am going to Post to help in a clay pigeon shooting compitition for the Boyscouts. I cant complain. The are grown up boyscouts. What girl would complain about being around hot boyscouts? Andrew will of course be there since I am going with him. However.....he is gonna cramp my game with those goodlooking guys!!! I am so jk. Anyways I will be gone until Saturday night. I have to eat what is there but Andrew was really sweet about it. He says if we eat like burgers then we can run to the supermarket there and get whole wheat buns. So we can modify for me. That really means alot and it is really encouraging when you have a supportive boyfriend. Anyways I will talk to yall Saturday or Sunday for sure!!
wildthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:47 AM   #68  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, it only took six, count them SIX, times around the complex to get Marissa to fall asleep! But it was actually a nice feeling to get it all done. I pushed myself to get all six laps in! My stupid pedometer didn't count two of the laps so I had to add those in after I got the count from my pedometer!

Francie~ I am hoping that you are able to cool down soon! It is hot in Maryland? We have been cooler these past few days.

Cristina~ Yup, he is going to be three! I can't believe that at the end of April of next year, I will have a 5 year old, a 3.5 year old and a 2 year old! Sometimes it still boggles my mind that they are all mine! That happened to my SIL. She was told that she was having a boy, had every thing ready, even the name..Zachary Ronald. And she ended up having a Samantha Marie instead! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Sue~ Be safe and enjoy your trip!!!

SuzieQ~ That is great about the new job!!!!!! And I will be keeping my fingers crossed about the food prep job!

Sassy~ How is our resident alien love child doing? I hope you are able to get some medicine for whatever is ailing you!

Asia~ I love clam chowder! My hubby hates it, even the smell of it! Yup, I have kids! I have three kids. As of right now, they are 4.5 years old, 3 years old (on the 28th of this month), and 1.5 years old. Technically, my daughter isn't a baby any more, but she is our youngest so she is my baby! I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Were you born in Germany or were you born here in the states?

well, ladies, I am off to look for some recipes and then I will go to bed.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:35 AM   #69  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Red face Morning.

Buenos Dias Amigas!

Well it was just too darn cold for DH to ride this morning, so he took the car. I will just call and have to reschedule my Dr appointment for Monday morning........Could have had FIL come and take me, but Palin and them are in his area today and I don't want to make him deal with all of that traffic & madness .......

My mom called me lastnight. I think it was mainly because she had an issue with her cell phone (we pay her cell phone bill), its fixed and working now. But its been about a month since I've heard from her and the first words to me are about her stupid @$$ cell phone! I dunno just makes me wonder sometimes......I know that she raised me and now she deserves to do the things she wants to do, but does that mean that she has to quit being my mom? I dunno. I just miss my mom and she never used to be this way. She mentioned something about taking off for Christmas, well DH and I are working on Christmas this year, well at least I am, he isn't sure yet about him, but he is the "new guy" at work, so most likely he will be. So I just completely changed the subject, I just didn't feel like even discussing it. Because every time she says she is taking off for Christmas and says she is coming up here, something always happens and she doesn't.

I dunno, do you think I'm being a rotten daughter???

Take Care All,

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:03 AM   #70  
RosieKate

Good morning!

Sassy - Hope you can get to the doc soon and feel better; hope it's not pneumonia. I don't think you are being a bad daughter at all..I have a mom who's not very engaged with being a mom or a grandma and it's frustrating sometimes, particularly around holidays and birthdays. I just keep extending invitations and hope for the best. It bugs me but I have to move on, so I do. Sounds like you do the same thing...doesn't make you a bad kid.

Mindee
- now that sounds like a good workout. I've had a busy week and haven't made it to the gym. Your kids are growing so fast...I think you had just had Brandon when I first met you on JL.

Asia- glad to hear that the aftereffects of the cleanse are positive. Have fun with the Boy Scouts!

Susan- the jobs all sound great, and they work with Gaby's schedule, which will take off some stress. So glad it's all working out. Enjoy your time in Portland

Cristina - I hope you are feeling better today; ugh migraines are no fun. I ended up in bed yesterday, too. I had a bad couple of nights and it all caught up with me yesterday, so I took a nap. It helped, but there's no doubt I need to get a handle on this insomnia

Francie - were you able to talk to your apartment managers...you sounded so miserable, poor thing! Hope you were able to get a good night's sleep at least.

I am lousy at weight loss goals, but I did set one in my group last week. My group is going to end in April and I said I would like to lose 10ish pounds by the end of the study. As you all know already, I lose very slowly, but it tends to stay off when I do it that way. So if I were to make a goal for Christmas....hmmm. how about 5 lbs? It doesn't sound very dramatic, but I'll be very pleased if I can pull it off.

Not much else going on around here. I got a haircut and ran a bunch of errands yesterday, then I had to sleep because I felt like I couldn't move. Today so far is better. I'll be volunteering at DD's school for most of the day,then all heck breaks loose, lol! My DH has to work late and I have to get my son to Lego Robotics, then take my DD to the school carnival, but just for a little bit, then I have to go back and pick up the son..whew! i will be tired after all that I 'm sure.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:02 AM   #71  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Cristina~I know..we should be able to control the a/c..but we dont. Its stupid. They have the fans going, which imo just blows out hot hair. Then I heard that later this month they will turn on the heat. Oh ya..I dont have any ice cream, lol. But I made ghetto pops, lol. I just froze some Kool Aid and stuck toothpicks in them, lol.

Asia~Ya, I sometimes get sick in the heat. Dunno how I made it through living in Az all those years, LoL!! I never used to get sick then. Dh used to be a Boy Scout when he was younger, lol. (I used to be a girl scout). But ya..I feel that way when I go onto base, lol. All those hot sailors around. LoL!! Lately Fonzo's been coming home wearing his utilities..*sigh* Have a fun time!!

Mindee~It's not hot outside..but hot inside. Same effin thing that would happen in WA. It's windy outside right now..but feels so warm in here.

Sassy~Hope you get to see the doc soon!!! Sorry about how things are with your mom. I dont think you're a bad daughter at all!!

Katy~Nope..why bother? I'm sure one person complaining about it isnt gonna help make it better.

Well..not much to say. Fonzo has a watch tonight, so he'll be home later tonight. He is coming home for lunch though, yay!! LoL!! Nothing else is going on. Blah.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #72  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, all seems to be quiet on this end! I am about to redo my nails. I did a french tip manicure on them last night, but while I was writing something out, I got ink on a couple of them. and then when I was cleaning this morning, I somehow got this black crap on them. so, I took it all off and now I am about to do it again! I need to empty and load the dishwasher first.

ok, I have a question for you all: is it weird that I am now bored with watching tv and would rather be outside going for a walk? I used to wait until my shows were over before taking Marissa for a walk. But last night, I took her for a walk while Grey's was on, and I didn't feel bad about missing it! I even channeled surfed while watching Ugly Betty! That is so not like me, but I guess that means I am turning a new leaf!

Sassy~ How are you doing today? Nope, you are not being a rotten daughter at all!

Katy~ I try to get a walk in every night, but the night before last it was raining and there was no way that I was walking out in it. Brandon was born in April of 2004, is that when you joined JL?

Francie~ That sounds like how it has been here a couple of times! I hope you are able to cool down soon!

Last edited by tommysgirl18; 10-17-2008 at 06:27 PM.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:52 PM   #73  
ugggg.....

Hi all, went ot WW this morning and stayed the same as last week, I actually was suprised that I lost a pound last week with all the cookking (and eating) being done with Ry home. I will have to get my butt back on track this week. Hubby is using the week of vacation time he has left next week so that actually helps me at work since I can do a WW or Lean cuisine dinner for lunch. If I show a loss next week I am going to tell him if he wants to eat out for lunch he has to do it alone. Trying to drink more water is my goal for this week. I know if I can get back in the habot I can do better.

Teri is going away for the weekend to see her guy friend, so Dominc will be here all weekend, which he is usually anyway.

He's so fun. He's refusing to eat the baby food any more...well her still it the cereal in the morning and likes the Hawaiin Delight and bannana yogurt but nothing else. I bought some little entrees and he ate almost a whole mac and cheese one after we got back form the grocery store. It's suppossed to be cooler this weekend and there's evebn a chance of frost (good news for Francie!!)

Ry is adjusting to life back in Hagerstown. He's missing Washington and his friends back there--they are threatening to come and kidnap him and they said they would all pitch in to buy him a one way ticket back...I am wondering if he is going to make it unitl his bday in April.

The fall colors are beautiful right now. I have to get batteries for my camera so I can take some pics and post them.

Well, off to play and do some laundry...
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 02:09 PM   #74  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

I am freezing, my family thinks it is beause my iron level is low. We are a bunch of doctors, .... you know. ha

We are headed for the zoo in a second.

Katy- I like your picture, you tell DH that. I am more attracted to pinks and probably am too chicken for the red shades.....you look nice though. 5 pound goal sounds good to me!

Jules - yay for maintaining! Goodness knows I am not. lol

Mindee- Ya, I think you had were just about to deliever Brandon. I think I joined 2/04. Diapers are so expensive, pull ups too....Gaby wasn't out of the pull ups til she was 5. lol Anyway, WIC helped a lot w/ the formula. I couldn't nurse gaby, too stressed w/ life and her father was being a butt. Rach has fake french nails...they look kind of nice. I would do mine but w/ all the cleaning at work no sense

Asia - Even w/ 2 jobs I won't be up to what I was earning with the housing authority but that is ok. I will be earning enough for rent, food and such. Actually I will be earning close to what unemployment benefits were...lol.

Sassy - take it easy! hope you feel better , sorry you couldn't make the doctors today.

I better get, Rach is finally ready! I have been eating way too much this trip. I had 5 hershey mini bars last night , plus some wine.....lol. I noticed when I drink I don't are too much about calorie intake. haha ......so, I am going to focus on my 10 pound goal (it might be more now,,,I will weigh Sunday) for Christmas, and I need to be drinking more water. I haven't been doing that this last month....too busy to stop and use the restroom , I guess. My skin has dried out though, so I am going to get back in the habit.......

k- to everyone else!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:24 PM   #75  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya Ladies...

Busy with all the posting since I was here last. This is the second time that I have come on and have already been logged on. It's weird because I signed off both times...I know I did and then come on and am signed in. You don't think someone could have gotten my password and signing in do you? Think I will go change it as soon as I post here.

Not a lot going on today. Feeling much better. I don't have migraines often but when I do and I worthless for 2 days. Went and bought groceries and then came home and had a little talk with myself, lol. I had planned on my walk and then though, nah...I am just going to take a break from it. So decided to go give Ernie dog his haircut I had been meaning to give for about a week now. Then bathed him and for some reason I was motivated to go walking. Did the whole walk and now getting ready to do a dvd and call it good. People really should pay attention when they are out and about. The one street I went down I saw the lady getting her mail on the corner and head to in the cul de sac. Well, I actually caught up with her and came up behind her so close I could have kidnapped the woman...she literally did not hear or see me until I was close enough to tap her on the shoulder and then she saw me and it scared her to death! I told her sorry...didn't mean to scare ya. She lived in a house at the end of the cul de sac..well, street. It's a dead end street but in the next year or so it will connect to the street on the other side of that empty lot where they are building houses. When I walk by myself I do use the iPod but I don't have it up loud and I do pay attention to my surrounding-always. Anyway...

FRANCIE...well, that really is stupid. Maybe you can get a lot of people to complain, just not right at all. If you want the air on in your home you should be able to have it on. Hey, the ghetto pops are better than nothing. I remember we used to do that. I love koolaid...was brought up on the stuff. Koolaid, milk & tea.

MINDEE...you are not weird. I tune in to the exercise station (FitTv) sometimes. Of course they changed the schedule again and the people I watched in the evening aren't on now. But yeah...I think with me I just get bored with the same old stuff. And I would rather exercise or read than do anything else, lol.

SUSAN... on the new job! So happy for ya! I will be looking, seriously looking for a job next week, don't know what I will find if anything. Enjoy your day at the zoo! And be careful driving home!

JULES... for maintaining! It is just as hard to maintain as it is to lose so keep up the good work! DD & DS are driving back on the east coast especially to see the trees...I love the colors of fall too! So pretty. Hope Teri has a great weekend with her friend and you enjoy that grandbaby.

KATY...feeling better today, thanks. I seem to have a bt of the insomnia now as well. Could just be that I slept most of the day yesterday. Woke up at 4 this morning and tried to force myself back to sleep but it just wasn't happening. So I end up finally dozing off at 7 when the alarm went off. Hope you get a handle on yours. And a 5 pound goal is great! I too am a slow loser at times I get frustrated but at least we know how to maintain, right? Try not to get too pooped with running the kids around. I hate to say it, but I actually miss those days.

SASSY...I don't think you are a bad kid either. My mother has favs and I guess since I've kind of been independent she takes it as I don't care...I guess-I don't know. We get a long but she definitely has her favs and makes sure everyone knows. Never has really been a mom or grandma to the kids. They actually feel funny calling her that. But she's still my mother and even though I would like her to be more caring. I know you can't change her so I accept it and move on...that's all we can do. Hope you are feeling better today.

ASIA...have fun with the boyscouts!

Okay, going to go and do my dvd after a visit to the general thread and changing my password.

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote