Old 10-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #46  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

Ok so I noticed that some of us had goals to have by Christmas. I think we should start a Christmas Challenge. That is just what I need to get seriously back on. My Christmas Challenge is 15 pounds. That would put me at 155. I figured since a few of us already have a Christmas goal we could turn it into a challenge and be each others encouragment. I really want to start running again and that would be a good way to get into shape. I also do yoga. Anyways we could check in with each other. There is strength in numbers. You all are the only reason why I made it through this detox. Well you and God. Anyways why not use each other for a Christmas goal? Even if it were something like walk 100 miles or loose 5 pounds or anything. What do yall think?
wildthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:52 PM   #47  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I will encourage everyone!!!!! I wanna start a new goal for the New Year. So I'm gonna wait a little while, lol.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 10-15-2008 at 01:52 PM.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:49 PM   #48  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, it was quiet here for a little bit.......but now logan is protesting on taking a nap! he had to put on a pair of Thomas underwear, so maybe I can get him on the potty train, and then Brandon will jump on and join in! I am so ready for just having one in diapers! (granted, Brandon is in pull ups, but we spend $30 a week on a pack of diapers and a pack of pull ups!)

I am in for that Christmas Challenge....although I extended mine to basically end at New Year's Eve. I want to be closer to the 200 mark when I ring in the New Year, so this will give me all the encouragement that I am needing! Plus, I am planning on ONLY weighing in on Wednesdays and not both Wednesdays and Sundays.

Gotta run, Logan is banging his cup on the window~!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 02:50 PM   #49  

really quickly...........to answer Cristina's question, I am rooting for Amy C from the purple team! I went to school with her and we were in choir together, so it is nice to see a hometown girl on there! I was so sad to see Shellay go home last night!
Old 10-15-2008, 03:00 PM   #50  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Back again, lol.

So freaking bored and no one to talk with. Guess I will just go and exercise, lol. Should lose some weight with them being gone.

FRANCIE...lots ot hugs to your friend. Hope she gets better soon. And chinese food that's not fair. I just finished a turkey roll-up and while it wasn't the greatest, it wasn't the worst either. But chinese would have been awesome!

MINDEE...we'll see what the next few weeks bring with TBL. At least she went home and lost more...I thought she looked good! So good for her. I couldn;t imagine buying diapers these days. Went to buy some for my niece who is expecting in Nov and yikes! Now formula is a whole nuther story...double yikes! She is breast feeding though so she doesn't have to worry about that.

ASIA...I am up for a challenge, of course it depends on what it is, lol. I don't have a problem with the exercise but the food, ugh...too hard some days. I agree...these ladies are what keeps me on track and motivated, the whole site actually. Pretty much though, I am aiming for the 10 pounds by Christmas.

Hi to everyone else

Guess I am going to go for another walk and then find something to do. The clothes should be dry by then so I can fold them. Then on to reading I guess.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:18 PM   #51  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Alrighty then...I am trying to add the challenge thingy..ticker. Can't figure it out. Grrr...
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:25 PM   #52  
RosieKate

Francie - I am such an old broad..I was around when MTV was just getting started. My friends and I would get together and do nothing but watch music videos because they were so new and cutting edge. Sending get well wishes to your friend, I hope she recovers quickly.

Asia- NP = naturopath. WTG on the cleanse. Between you and Jules, it has me intrigued enough to try it sometime.

Well, it's another quickie from me, I'll have to come back later for more individuals; Was hoping to do them now, but took a look at the clock. Thanks for the compliments on my new avatar. I just wrote a blog post about it here. my DH didn't like the picture so much. phhpppt! Is that how you spell giving someone a big raspberry?

Last edited by RosieKate; 10-15-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:44 PM   #53  
I was born this way hey!

Cristina~The food was super yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know whats funny?? Earlier today I was thinking of eating a turkey roll, lol. But the rolls had mold on them..so they went right into the trash can, lol.

Katy~LoL..Must've been nice back when MTV just played music videos. Now its just filled with shows!! I have to watch Mtv Hits just for some videos, lol.

OKay..I'm off to the mall to buy my friend a bday present!!!
Old 10-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #54  
ugggg.....

Francie--thanks for adding me on your myspace--we are keeping the grandson cause his mom had to go help at the store in Towson--you have probably seen that name on an interstate sign.I used to get night terrors--scared hubby at first. My brother walks and talks in his sleep. I love chinese but hubby doesn't.

Katy--I remember when MTV started too..I used to stay up to watch the Headbangers Ball. I love the hot pink and orange combo scarf

Cristina--I am going to a couple of the shoe stores at the outlets where Teri works. I am going to try a bunch on--Ry wants to go to get a new pair of Vans so he's going too. Teri swears by Nike but I can't find a comfortable pair of them though.

Suzy--I have to fall into the can't fold fitted sheets group. Any news on the rehab? How's Rocky?

Mindee--Diapers are definitely a big expense. Formula too--I am glad Teri gets most of it from her WIC coupons.

Asia--I will do a 10 lb goal by Xmas--that's one a week.

Sassy--hope you get to feeling better--it's too early in the season to start getting sick girly!! Probably all your stress.

Sue--hey there to you!!

Tammy--you must be really busy with the wedding stuff.

Well it's Dominic's bath and bed time--gotta go...
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:41 PM   #55  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Jules- Sounds like you are having fun with Dominic today. Don't you love bath time and that clean baby smell? (as opposed to some "dirty" baby smells...haha.) Glad Ry is settled in with Teri and the baby. I am sure it gives Teri a better sense of security.

I had a busy day and only rode a mile before it rained. I will take it, at least it was something.
I got most of my packing done and was able to get everything in plus 3 extra outfits and 2 pair of shoes. Now I am glad the luggage has wheels cause it is pretty heavy. I am getting excited about the trip and talked to DS earlier to figure out the airport pick up and plan our week-end. He seemed pretty happy that we were coming. (I think he misses Mom and Dad, but doesn't want to admit it.)

Okay...I have to say I hate folding fitted sheets also...I watched Martha Stewart show how and came to the conclusion that her several hundred dollar sheets fold better than my Wal- Mart specials. LOL...
Also like TBL and am cheering for Colleen. I was for the girl on the pink team, but now am tired of what they showed of her and her whining. I would have thought she would have talked to her dad and mom ahead of going on air about the issues they raised. Just tiring to me. I also like Amy of the purple team and hated to see her mom go home.

Sorry I got gabbing there and didn't do more indies.. Gotta scoot.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 11:09 PM   #56  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

Ok so today is the last day. I am so exhausted. It does say that you shouldt do anything crazy and that you should remain pretty calm. No stress and bassically take it easy. Well I had been the past 2 days. I wash dogs now as petsmart and Monday wanst that bad. Yesterday I was off. Today was crazy. I went straight from class to work and then to talk to Andrew about some stuff and then I finally made it home. I am so so so tired. I do however feel pretty good. Its a different kind of tired. Also my dad just made sit down and have a talk about joining a gym. He said that if him and my mom joined that I could be added on for 15 dollars!! I really hope so. Ireally want a gym membership. Anywho moving on....

Francie- Not really. Its alot easier if you dont let your self get hungry. Like every morning I woke up and had a big glass of apple juice then I would drink juice here and there in between. Then at lunch I would have a big class of v8 and another big glass of apple juice. If you never let your self get hungry then you dot even notice. If you let your self get hungry its a little harder to get past it. But not impossible. You just drink alot really fast.

Sassy- I really do hope that you get to feeling better. The yuckys are never fun.

Susan- I am so excited that you are joining the "challenge"!! I decided that I am going to look at my goals and not my over all weight. I am just going to focus on my 15.

Cristina- I am almost done!!! Just 8 more hours until I can eat!!!! Yay!!!! Its sounds like you are here in Texas with me. If has been so chilly here. I wore thermal pjs and socks and 3 covers. One was a huge comforter. I was still cold. 10 lbs is a great goal!!!! I thought that I might do 15 lbs and maybe how much I walk/run. Def the 15 pounds. I dont know about the run/walk.

katy- You really should!!! Next time I do it I just have to remember to take it easy. Today was just so tough.

Jules- I am so excited about your goal too!!! We are gonna be a bunch of good looking ladies!!!!!

Mindee- I am really excited about your goal!!! New years is just as good as Christmas.

I cant wait for Christmas now!!!!!
wildthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:18 AM   #57  

hello ladies!

popping in again just to check on every one!

I am so bugged out about how much diapers cost these days! and for the amount that you get in the package, they are so not worth the amount that you pay! and formula, don't even get me started! when Brandon was born, we bought ALL the formula for him, unless my parents gave us some extra stuff that they had. so, we know both sides actually! when I had Logan my mom urged me, well more or less scheduled an appointment the same day as Brandon got all of his shots, so we got on WIC then. And because Marissa and Brandon were given the failure to thrive label, they will be on WIC until they are 5 years old.

I tried to breast feed with all three of my kids. I was not able to do it with Brandon because I was never shown the proper way to do it. Logan, I tried while in the hospital, but then he stopped taking to it, so we had to do the bottle thing. And then with Marissa, she lost some weight, which put her in the hospital, only to find out that I was not able to produce enough for her. I kept up with her, but not as much as I should have been able to.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:26 AM   #58  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Mornin' All.

Well I still feel like crappola. I'm going to call the dr this morning to see when he can get me in, my DH said he will get off at 3:30 pm today and tomorrow, so should be enough time to get to the dr, if they can get me in.......

I hope you all are doing well!

Update: I called the Drs office, all they have open is tomorrow at 3:30 pm. So I went ahead and told them to mark me down and I could always call and reschedule if I had too. Figure maybe we can figure something out. Maybe my DH could borrow his mom and dads van or maybe my fil could come and take me if he isn't working. I wish I had a bicycle, I could ride a bike there easy. UGH I hate having one car. I mean I know my husband has his motorcycle and the worse case, I guess he can ride to work but still............we have to get ourselves another car! lol. Its just beginning to get way too cold for him to ride that far. If it were closer, that would be different, he could deal with it for 10-15 min, but he goes all the way downtown, so that is quite a hall from our place. (one reason we want to move)

Well thats all from my end! TTYL!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 10-16-2008 at 08:31 AM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:54 PM   #59  

nothing new on this end, I was just looking through some pictures of the kids. I was being nostalgic because it has pictures from when Logan was a baby, and when Brandon was a little one, and when Marissa was a baby. It is hard to believe that my turd, I mean my twin, will be 3 in less then two weeks!

Sassy~ I hope you can make it into that appointment tomorrow!
Old 10-16-2008, 02:56 PM   #60  
I was born this way hey!

I feel totally awful right now. The apartment people turned off the a/c cuz people kept complaining about it being too cold. Well excuse me..but I'm covered in sweat with 3 fans on me right now. I hate being soooooooo freakin hot!!! When will it cool off some more here?!?!!?!? I did most of the dishes, but Fonzo is gonna have to finish up the rest. I was just sweating too much. I want some stinkin ice cream right now.

Anyways..my friend is out of the hospital. I just got a email from her saying that she's back home. So thats good, I hope she's doing better. She hasnt written me back yet. OH..but yesterday I went out and bought her birthday present!!! AND I bought some vampire fangs for myself!!!! I cannot wait for Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OKay..gonna go melt some more. "I'm melting..melting..Oh what a world" LoL!!