3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Back In Kindergarten #47 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/143700-back-kindergarten-47-a.html)

FrouFrou 06-19-2008 03:55 PM

Okay...just posting this before I actually start a post to let you know it is thundering and I know I shouldn't be on the computer during a storm but oh well, lol. So, if I don't finish my post and you don't hear from me later you'll know why...:wave:

Okay ladies...I better get off this thing...it is getting UGLY out! I don't like the looks of it at all and sure don't want to lose the computer. I PROMISE I WILL be back later to catch up!

Hoping everyone is having a good day!

RosieKate 06-19-2008 04:23 PM

Well...I'm back!

I'm a little bummed but I'll get over it. We made it to our campground on Monday and we had been there for about 2 hours when my son fell out of a tree. I took him to the ER, who said he might have fractured his wrist. They put him in a splint and sent him off. I got him into an orthopedist here in PDX this morning, so we decided to come back early. The good news is that he does not have a fracture, but does have to wear a brace for a few weeks and call the doc if his pain increases. The beach was glorious and I do wish we could have stayed longer, but oh well. I did get several long walks in while there which helped me cope with the stress. I may try to get the kids away for some tent camping later in the summer. We are so glad the DS does not have to wear a cast all summer - that would have really sucked.

Good news for me..I got my pedometer! It is definitely better than the other one I had and I am not resetting it all the time. It is also supposed to tell me how many calories I am burning - yay - bonus :p Bad news..my weight is up. I am going to wait out TOM and give it a week and if it doesn't go back down, I will change the ticker. I am on some serious detox right now. I've been drinking too much coffee and I even ate a bacon cheese burger and had pie ala mode yesterday. The day before I drank some chocolate beer :yikes: (actually it was really good..if you like stouts)I had been eating really well and I just messed up. We were at the beach, I was stressing out about my son's wrist, so I just said F- it. Now I am home and it's time to get back on track. I have a high school reunion coming up! Now is not the time to mess up!

Our neighborhood farmer's market is today, so I'm going to walk the kids over there later on and buy some veggies. Since tomorrow is free, I'm pushing for a family trip to the Zoo to see the new dinosaur exhibit...heard it was impressive. Or we might help tie-dye some tshirts at church. That sounded like fun, too.

I hope to catch up on indys over the next few days...Cristina - stay safe, ok?

tommysgirl18 06-19-2008 05:45 PM

Cristina~ I hope the storm lets up soon! stay safe!

Katy~ I am so sorry to hear about your son's injury. I hope he heals soon! we have talked about taking the kids camping, but we need to buy a tent that will fit us all first.

Mom2Gaby 06-19-2008 06:28 PM

Yay, our Katy is back :dance:! Which beach did you guys go vacation at?? We have been doing Neskowin because of the free lodging but now that it is summer he is charging so I am going to go to Seaside and the northern coast because of the girls , that is where they want to go and see where we use to live.
Anyway - sorry about son falling out of the tree!! Ouch, I would have freaked....glad he won't have to wear a cast for the whole summer. And you ARE doing great on the weight loss, don't get down on a little indulging, everyone does that. I do it every week. :D I love the coast for Mo's...yum, clam chowder. I hope you are enjoying this wonderful weather!?

Cristina - Hope you are ok, been seeing horrible weather back east on the news. :hug::hug: Hope you are having a good day too.

Mindee- It would be nice to have that set up - especially w/ little ones, makes taking pictures of the milestone so much easier. You are doing awesome on your walking!!:carrot:

Sassy - :hug::hug::hug: I skimmed earlier, I hope you are feeling better! When I eat bacon I just say I am on Atkins. lol

Francie - What are you reading?? I picked up "If I can eat anything I want" by Elizabeth Berg, I think that is the title. I only read 2 chapters so far and it is pretty good. Hope you are having a good day.

Sue - We MISS you!! Hope all is well.

Hi to Tammy, Carla, and Jules!!

I took Rach and Gab to the park. I have to run to the store now. I weeded and pruned some bushes and the property looks sooooo much better. I need to borrow a rake from the ex tonight and rake. Ate a good lunch - chicken, veggies and lowfat cottage cheese, my favorite. I use to never drink water but I am addicted now to ice water and I like to munch on ice. So, aside from the coffee in the morning , water is all I drink. Ok, I lied,,,,I have wine. I drank a glass of wine last night and I had some wheat honey twisted pretzels dipped in mustard. Soooo, good. lol

k- back to the grind!!

FrouFrou 06-19-2008 07:28 PM

Hello ladies, I'm baaaack! :)

Storm went thru fast thank goodness. And yes, Susan...we have had out share of crappy weather, lots and lots of tornadoes. But not as bad as the poor people in Iowa, so I guess it could be worse. Just tired of this rain/storms. Talked to Charlotte and her and the kids were at the pool and had to leave because of hail...it was a little bigger than a golfball. We didn't get that or the winds that blew trees over among other things, just the rain, thunder and lightning.

SUSAN...can't wait for the pic! I've been dying to see it. Oh, I forgot yesterday and have been thinking about it all day for some reason. Kathie Lee is on the second part of The Today Show at 11 a.m. not sure why they did that but it's after Regis & Kelly for some odd reason. And I like your avatar too! Going to have to steal that one from ya. Bet your yard is looking good!

KATY...sorry to hear about DS and that you guys had to cut the trip short. Glad he doesn't have to wear a cast all summer, that would definitely be a bummer. And listen to Ms SuzyQ...it's okay to indulge sometimes, hey...you were on vacation! Of course I'm not and I've been indulging too! And you have done so well with your weight loss and exercise so you deserve it! WTG on the pedometer!

MINDEE...thank you-had to get rid of the hypnotizing avatar that Susan & Jules loved so much :lol: I was looking at it for a few minutes and it did get to ya. I don't need to be more dizzy than I already am :lol: The printer/camera sounds great! Hope you guys enjoy that.

FRANCIE...totally relate to the dream. I've had a dream like that and wondered if it happened or if it was indeed a dream. I am always a little scared to go check things out but at the same time I HAVE to know. If I hear a noise I have to know where it came from. Don't usually get paranoid but when there were a couple of breakins it was a little unsettling to me. Anyway...I know you are counting the days until Fonzo gets home and it will be here before you know it!

SASSY...hugs to you, sorry you are feeling down. :hug:

JULES... hoping all went well with the doctors visit.

HIYA CLARA, SUE, & TAMMY...hoping all is well with you ladies.

Nothing new going on with me. We were supposed to go watch Chase's last game but I canceled. The weather is iffy and I have so much to get ready for the yard sale tomorrow. Haven't done a thing other than get a stupid permit. The city has to have a part of everything you do I guess. V borrowed some tables from a friend so it's just a matter of bringing everything from the basement and getting it organized on the tables. I don't think we really have much to sale, not sure now. Just looks like a lot sitting in the boxes in the basement. Going to try and get my walk in early and then get back and open up shop, lol. V will be home to help so...probably only do it until about 1-2'ish. Not even sure I will do it Saturday...gonna wait and see how tomorrow goes. That's about all I have...at least I will get some reading done tomorrow, lol.

Take care ladies, and have a great evening! I'll see ya tomorrow sometime. :hug:

Mom2Gaby 06-19-2008 08:53 PM

Wow, you are doing great on your walking too Cristina!! I just noticed :bravo:

Just came back for a second, otherwise I would feel a need to be working. :D

It really is just bark dust Cristina, I wish it was grass. It was a jungle and I refused to do anything because the landlord can afford to hire a crew but after Gaby got lost in *the outback* I figured I better do something. lol
And really I LOVE yard work, I always have so it has been fun. I think one more day and I will be done. Not tomorrow though because it will be close to 80 and I don't want to be out in the heat.
Now we need some color out front of the place! I was thinking of some hanging plants, something easy.
And my poor Momo (the kitty) came in from being outside and he was filthy, he must have been rolling around in the dirt.

anyway, glad to see you back on line and safe from the storms in your area!

you all have a good night!

Shopaholic1204 06-19-2008 11:16 PM

Hey all..I'm sorry but I'm not very chatty today. I'm not really feeling too well right now. I dunno whats going on. I think its cuz its so warm in here. I'll probably have a panic attack tonight. Although, I'm gonna try really hard to keep the negative thoughts out. Anyways..thats about it. Hope you all have a good day. TTYL!!

suetalks 06-19-2008 11:34 PM

Evening ladies....Just to let you know I am alive and relatively well. Just lots going on right now.

I will try to get back here tomorrow.

tommysgirl18 06-20-2008 12:09 AM

popping back in to see how every one is doing....

we had some rain earlier but that was it. now that the weekend is coming the weather is suppose to get a little warmer. tommy has to work on Saturday, and money is tight, so who knows what we will be doing!

tommy's cousin's son, who was diagnosed with cancer last August, is the honorary hero for a Harley Davidson bike run this coming Saturday......so we might end up at the ending place to see all the bikes.

Sassy_Chick 06-20-2008 06:01 AM

Good Friday Morning All!

Good Friday Morning All!!!

I got some sleep and feel better. I think it was lack of sleep making me feel that way............

So I haven't gotten much accomplished. Aw well. There is always today and tomorrow!!! :carrot: Not much to say.............lol. Can ya believe that one? lol. :fr:

Hi Jules........:wave: Bye Jules.........lol.

Suzy Q -- Ya that Thursday Girl is WAY too darn happy! lol. Don't ya just love my kitty cat for Friday? lol. So if I get huffy will you buy me subway? :lol: Sorry........had too. Your too nice cuz my mom would be like, "get over it and get in the kitchen." lol!!! :hug: Ok see your other post now. ha ha......Adkins eh? hmmmmm.........lol. I dunno but something about bacon that I just cannot resist. lol. I know its WAY bad for me but I still want it! lol. Kinda like that bad boy in leather that rides that motorcycle.........oh wait......thats my hubby! lmao!!! :rofl: OMG!! Its MC Hammer! "Can't Touch This...." :dance: lol. Okay.......sorry.......guess too MUCH sleep!!! lmao!!! I love cottage cheese. Only the way I like it is fattening so I may as well not even eat it! I like it with some ranch dressing and bacon bits. I know there is the bacon again! lol. I think I need to go to bacon anonymous or something! lmao! UGH a 3rd post?! What r ya turning into me now? lmao! Just kiddin'!

Mindee -- hope you had a good time with the in-laws.........That is nice about them honoring Tommy's cousin.........;)

Cristina -- We didn't get anymore storms, yet anyways. They called for them on Wed. but we never got anything. Its been nice here lately. The highest its been is in the low 70's and at night it is in the 60's and sometimes in the high 50's! :yikes: I so wish it'd stay this way! I love having the windows open! Even though DH insists on having the air on when he sleeps! :rolleyes: I just close the vents out in the living room and open the windows up. lol. Hope the yard sale goes well!

Hi Sue! Glad your alive! :lol: Big :hug:

Have a Great Day all, remember its Friday! :carrot:

Man re-reading this post sounds like I have a very bad case of ADHD!!! :hyper: lol. (No offense to anybody who has it though, honest!!!)

Okay I went to this website and took a quiz, just seeing if I could possibly have Adult ADHD and here are my results:

Results of your
Attention Deficit Disorder Quiz

You scored a total of 91

It is highly likely that you are presently suffering from adult attention deficit disorder, according to your responses on this self-report questionnaire. You should not take this as a diagnosis of any sort, or a recommendation for treatment. However, it would be advisable and likely beneficial for you to seek further diagnosis from a trained mental health professional immediately. < --- I always knew that part. lol.

S C O R I N G K E Y
If you scored...
You may have...
70 & up
50 - 69
35 - 49
25 - 34
0 - 24 Adult ADHD

My DH always has said he thinks I have something like this.........hmmmmmmm......:chin: Okay just wanted to say that I am only making fun of myself here and nobody else. ;)

RosieKate 06-20-2008 10:58 AM

Good morning!

Sassy-
I've been entertaining myself on that Psychcentral site you shared..very interesting stuff. I scored 21 on the adhd one...then I took the Dr. Phil Personality Quiz and this is what it said:

The Lively Center of Attention

Others see you as fresh, lively, charming, amusing, practical, and always interesting; someone who's constantly in the center of attention, but sufficiently well-balanced not to let it go to their head. They also see you as kind, considerate, and understanding; someone who'll always cheer them up and help them out.

Isn't that sweet? I skipped by the "Do you need therapy" quiz, lol! i also bypassed the "Lust, Love, or Loser" quiz...I just don't wanna know! Let me live in ignorance!

Sue - Hope everything is okay...sounded like you were having some health issues, know that you are being thought of and hang in there!

Mindee -hope you get to see the bikes. We are doing lots on the cheap this summer, so I hear you about the money being tight. Today we go to the zoo, 'cause we renewed the membership there. We may be going there quite a bit! 'Course there's nothing wrong with a day at the park either and that will be happening alot for us this summer as well.

Well, my DD is whining about wanting breakfast or something like that...so I'll have to continue the indies later. I made it to step aerobics this morning and it showed up as 1.20 miles on my pedometer which was about 4500 steps. I'm still getting the hang of the new gizmo. Today's mile should be pretty good as we are going to the zoo.
Ciao!

Shopaholic1204 06-20-2008 02:09 PM

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This week went by fast..yay!! Still in the double digits though. (Whenever I say the word digits..it always makes me think of Clueless "Aw Cher he's getting her digits")

I'm having a major allergy attack and theres no meds so I'm suffering horribly bad right now. I'm gonna have to search the suitcases right now. I always keep meds in my suitcase (for when I travel, lol).

Last night I dreamed about werewolves and vampires, lol. I think I'm spending too much time reading those books, LOL!!!

Okay ya..Hope you all have a good friday!!!

suetalks 06-20-2008 02:57 PM

Katy-If 4500 steps equal 1.2 miles I have been seriously mis-counting my steps. I thought 2000= 1 mile, therefore 4000= 2 miles, etc. Now I am confused. Thanks for the well wishes. I am still awaiting a call about my biopsy and I will keep you posted.

Be back later...

Mom2Gaby 06-20-2008 03:28 PM

Over 100 post!! Stop and Post at Thread Back In Kindergarten #48 :carrot:

ellis 06-20-2008 06:06 PM

Kindergarten #48 is here! :
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144403
(I hope... :lol: )