3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Back In Kindergarten #47 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/143700-back-kindergarten-47-a.html)

Mom2Gaby 06-18-2008 01:48 PM

Back in a second, I wanted to go check out some progress pictures from another thread. I still have some pictures to get on myspace. Rachel's boyfriend was going to do for me but with his hanging in phone booths so much that might not happen for a few more days. haha......
Omg- I did find the Rose Parade photo of me like 3 years ago?? It is as horrid as I thought so I will snail mail to you Cristina.....and anyone else who needs a laugh.

k- bbl

Mom2Gaby 06-18-2008 02:32 PM

It is another wonderful day in the 3fc neighborhood!!

Jules - Yay, always good to see you post! What will the charcoal do?? I couldn't resist the coffee this morning so maybe I will go buy me some charcoal and pepto bismol. How is Ry doing?? Does he like the Pacific NW so far?

Sassy - Almost your Friday?? I think it is tomorrow, always a day ahead of the rest of us , right?? :hug: hope your neck is feeling better!

Mindee- Good for you on limiting your soda intake, and for your ah-ha moment. I still have a hard time standing up for myself, I use humor a lot to deflate how dumb I feel most of the time. But it is getting better, staying away from certain people helps and trying to treat myself with respect instead of looking for others to do that for me. Ya, taking responsibility for our own journey in life!! :)

Francie - Rachel's boyfriend needs to get a job. The problem with everyone having cell phones is no one has land lines anymore. So, when the family is gone for the dayworking he is without a phone in the house. I can't believe they ran up the bill again though after I lectured her no more collect calls. Qwest goofed to in not blocking, thank goodness.....I couldn't afford $188 in calls.
I don't mind the one street over with Sean. I don't know why he has to call home 3 times a day. I think what got me was when *mom* opened the door and was teary eyed and he asked what was wrong and she said "I miss you"....omg. It isn't like he was in Iraq....he was off trying to find a wife....I guess that made her cry?? I would have liked to see a home date date w/ Sean and DeAnna.

:wave: to Miss Cristina, Sue (where are you?? ), Carla, Tammy, Katy,and Mango! And a welcome to all the passing by chicks, you are welcome to join us!

I have to get some groceries in the house and Gabsters father will be here in the afternoon to take her for an hour or 2. Thinking of going to the coast Friday. Cross fingers!!

I like looking at before and after pictures, don't you? I think that motivates me the most. It is fun to see what a 10, or 50 pounds loss on someone else looks like...because it is hard for me to see a change in myself,,,,course a smaller clothes size helps but still.....I think my self image is warped after so many years of being overweight.

Spent 3 1/2 hours cleaning out my boxes of papers and pictures....omg, what a bunch of crap I was storing year after year. I filled 3 black garbage bags full of paper....and I sat there as a human shredder, which was soooooooo boring. lol

jules1216 06-18-2008 04:05 PM

SuzyQ--I just talked to Ry. He's loving Washington after having a couple of bad days. He made friends with an old hippie guy who is going to teach him to play the guitar (he knows some from lessons years ago) the scary part according to Ry is this guy is his future--they are so much alike Ry says he knows what he will be like when he's 60!! He doesn't mind the misty rain and the cool temps at all. The downpours are what gets to him. He is beginning to find his little group..a bunch from work went a sang karaoke on Sunday night...he said he rocked the 40 something crowd with The Cars (You're Just what I needed) complete with gyrations...he's too funny. He has been called into work the past three days..he was suppossed to go watch movies with a girl he met over the internet but it hasn't worked out.

Teri broke up with Dave, she loves him but is not in love with him. He did way to much while she was pregnant--he has cheated and lied and is just way too controlling and doesn't ever compromise. She wants to stay on good terms for Dominic's sake. She has met somebody else that became a really great friend and she seems to be falling for him. I think she would have broke up with Dave a long time ago, but she got pregnant so fast. She is happier with Patrick than she ever was with Dave. In fact I don't remember her being happy with him, but she sure did cry alot. She feels really bad, but I told her she can't stay with someone cause she feels bad for them, she has to be happy too.

Dominic has four teeth know. The bottom two have grown in nicely and now two on the top came in, but not the front two, one on either side of where the front top two will be. he looks like he has fangs...he has mastered the walker. Teri's apartment has wood floors and she says now he has joined the cat and the dog running from one end of the place to the other.

TTYL!!

FrouFrou 06-18-2008 04:33 PM

Hiya ladies...

Funny about the avatar...I was thinking the same thing, lol.

SUSAN...sorry to hear about the taxes and the phone bill! Glad though that QWEST was it?? took the charges off. Glad your pain has subsided. Love the dieting graphic...too funny...decorate it :lol: They're all cute ones!

JULES...glad Ry is finding his way on the west coast. And I wish him and Teri the best...I hope this one is the one for Teri...she deserves to be happy finally. Dominic is already getting so big!

:welcome: MANGO! Hope you drop back in so we can get to know ya! :wave:

FRANCIE...you don't have to make a special trip for me missy, just do it when you get to it. Bet you are counting the days until Fonzo gets home for that massage. ;) Yeah, I am still doing the challenge on GoodREads...just need to get caught up on some reading...been a busy month and haven't gotten much done.

HIYA SASSY, SUE, MINDEE, KATY, CLARA, & SUE :wave:

Sorry this is sort of a quickie...a busy day today and not much time for posting. Will try to come back later and say Hi again...kind of tired so not sure, but I WILL try.

Have a GREAT day everyone!

tommysgirl18 06-18-2008 05:14 PM

hello ladies......how is every one doing?

popping in while I have a chance......early bedtime for every one tonight. the boys didn't take a nap, and I think Marissa is teething again. so, it has been a fun day here in my neck of the woods!

well, I haven't had any pop today. I have been drinking ice tea! although with the way the boys have been behaving, I might be reaching for a drink!

Jules~ I am happy to hear that Teri has found happiness. Marissa seems to be teething again. She has the bottom two front ones and the top two front ones. so, who knows which ones she will be getting in next!

Cristina~ I like your avatar!

SuzieQ~ What ever are you going to do with your time while Gabster is with her dad?

Mom2Gaby 06-18-2008 06:54 PM

Mindee - In my free time I come on line and post! Hopeless, huh?? lol An early bed night sounds great! Gab woke up last night and stayed up for an hour while I went through boxes, so she is dragging. Her father took her to the park for her Wednesday play date w/ her schoolmates, so I have 45 minutes til I pick her back up. Sorry about Marissa teething:hug:

Cristina - Oh, come back and chat more! I think I will go by Kinko's and get a copy of that pic for you and get it in the mail before I lose it again. I have been trying to find Gaby's birth cert but no luck. My mom reminded me though I am also suppose to have her baby book somewhere so am thinking there is a lost box at the ex's because I stored some things there last year. Hope so.....
I like your new avatar!! Now I can relax and not get all hyped up. haha. No pain today, so maybe it wasn't the coffee:?: Ya, I think that one pic if you can't lose it decorate it is cute :D

Jules - I am glad Ry likes it so far! Now he will have the summer to dry out from the storms.... and get more settled, would love for you to come out! Sorry about Teri :hug:, I am glad she has you though and Baby Dominic sounds so sweet. I want a baby :o.....I told my mom that was the only way I could get state medical ((by being pregnant))and she always takes me so serious "now Susan, do you really want to do that?? Shouldn't you be getting a job???"...lol

Francie - You having a good day??

k- Aloha to all the fine BIK ladies!! Come and chat!! :) Better scoot and get some things done, days go by so fast.

Sassy_Chick 06-18-2008 08:54 PM

Hey all. Nope I am off tonight. :carrot: This was my short week. I know its confusing. :dizzy: I work every other Wed. So next week is my Loooonnnngggg Week.......

Have a Great One, I'm off to go and pick up my DH from work!!!

:hug:

Mom2Gaby 06-19-2008 12:17 AM

Sassy - I love your avatar, how pretty!

Heading to get a 6 year old to bed. She played at the park for an hour and after we both got our second wind we went to the pool for an hour. Course I don't go in the water, I sit on the side and read. I reall need to get the nerve up and get a suit on and take the plunge, so to speak.

Had some beef stew for dinner, tried to load up on the carrots and other veggies, it was good. Also had some french bread so I was happy. I also bought some red grapes at the store even though they were $2.49 a pound, sounded good after talking about it here the other day.

Didn't walk today but eating and water were good. I will get in some walking tomorrow. Rach is trying to talk me into kickboxing, she needs a partner. It probably would do us good to do something together. So, that is a thought!

K- chickies.....chat later.

tommysgirl18 06-19-2008 12:53 AM

I am envious of those that are able to go swimming right now! we are in the 60's here!

suzieQ~ nope, that is not hopeless at all! if I had time to myself, that is what I would do!

well, my in-law's are coming over on Thursday. they wanted some updated pictures of the kids, and so I just quickly printed them off for them......now we are out of printer paper.

Sassy_Chick 06-19-2008 02:03 AM

Hola!!!

Hola! Well here I am, chillin' out, alone. lol. Picked up dh from work, stopped by wally world for a few things, ate dinner, watched some tv, he went to bed (he works days) and I figured I'd chill out on the 'puter for a bit since I've been neglecting it. lol.

I haven't been eating my "lunch" at work. Just have not been hungry. :shrug: So I've been eating these new Pringles Stix. They are all under 100 Calories a Pack! :carrot: I love the Pizza, I swear to you it tastes exactly like a slice of pizza! So okay its not a carrot stick or celery stick :p (hate celery) lol but better than some things. ;)

I also picked up some of the Pringles Select Cheddar Crisps. They have about 130 Calories for 22 crisps. They are just a tad higher in calories than the baked lays. So oh well. I guess I need to just stick to the produce but now a days that isn't even safe! lol. (tomatoes) So I dunno do I wanna be fat or get extremely ill and possibly die? I guess there is risk in that for both...........:p

Anywho................well DH did end up receiving a call with some good news......Can't say too much here......If ya want more details, just email me. ;) If you don't have my email, I guess um PM me and I can give it to ya. lol.

Sorry don't mean to be "secretive" but you all I think understand since what happened last week and all...............I just don't feel right talking about certain things in a public forum.

Oh and I talked to my mom last week too and she passed her CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) Test that she had to take for her work. They aren't gonna make her do that kind of work (she was a CNA for 23 yrs and does not want to do that anymore) but they all have to be certified in order for the place to be able to accept Medicade from the residents there. (My works in an Assisted Living place as a Resident Assistant, she assists them with their meds, brings them their meals, cleans their apts (they have apts and even houses there).

Well I hope you all are well! Hope you are having a great sleep!!!!

:hug:

Just had to add this that I found:

http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...x7mw0xp2gp.gif

Shopaholic1204 06-19-2008 02:46 AM

Jules~I cant wait to be your museum buddy!!! I love museums!!

Susan~I think my self image is a bit warped. I cannot see a change in myself at all. Even in pictures!!!! I dunno..I guess it comes from years and years of bad self esteem. I called my mom a lot. It was a really hard habit to break too. Even Fonzo would call up my mom to talk, LOL!! But whatever..my mom was hella cool!! LoL!! I tried to get her to move up here. I told her that there was some teaching jobs available. But she wouldnt have none of it. She had to be close to her mommy and she hated the cold weather, lol. So apparently I wasnt the only mama's girl, it ran in the fam, lol.

Cristina~I didnt go to today :( Sorry. I slept in until Fonzo called me, and it was sooooo cold outside. I still really need to go to the store though. Fonzo is back on the ship though..so I'm free to roam about the place without worrying about when he'll call me.

Mindee~You should try drinking juice too!! Fonzo hates drinking water (he thinks its boring, lol)..and I hate him drinking soda..so we compromise about the juice. Just as long as its the healthy kind and not the overly sweet kind. Although..I do love to buy this overly sweet blueberry juice and put tequila in it, LOL!! It tastes sooooooooooooooo good!!! Oh ya..I cant go swimming either. Too cold. I could go to the indoor pool at the gym..but I dont feel like it, lol.

Sassy~That cat sorta looks like my April, lol. Except April is black & white. But she has beautiful green eyes. Did your mom like being a CNA?? My friend does that and she loves it so much.

Anyways..nothing new to report. I slept most of the day. Fonzo kept waking me up though, lol. But thats okay, I like being woken up by him. I did have a nightmare though. I dreamt that someone broke into the apartment and stole our big tv and took some other stuff in here. I was so scared in my dream that it woke me up, but I ended up falling back asleep. When I woke up for good, I was so scared to go out into the living room. I told Fonzo about it, and he just doesnt get why I've been so paranoid lately. It's really strange.

Ugh..only XX more days until he's home. (Sorry for the X's..cant really discuss ship movement. But I will say when he's coming home the day before!!) Double digets are better than triple..but single is always the best!! ;) I swear, being this anxious is making the days go by so slow!! :dizzy: LoL!! I WANT HIM HOME!!!!!!!!! Okay..whiny moment over, lol.

I shall go now and read. I didnt make it very far in my book last night. I ended up going to bed sooner than I expected. Hopefully with all my naps today, I'll be able to stay up longer to read more.

Sassy_Chick 06-19-2008 07:19 AM

Morning!

Morning :coffee:

Fixing hubby breakfast. I am making french toast.......I had to use the electric knife....power uh uh uh (from Home Improvement if you didn't pick up on it) He bought some Italian bread, so we shall see how that does.........I know not the most healthiest, but its something we haven't had in a long time.

Also making bacon. I know, bad me.......:( but we haven't had it in a long time either. lol. I know stupid excuses but its what we wanted............We need to head to the farm up the road from the in-laws and get some fruit and what not to eat..........

Anyways.....enough about bad bad me........lol. I know I'm not really supposed to say that, I know some people on the forum have a pet peeve against that sort of thing, saying your "bad" for eating something you really shouldn't........I guess its a bad habit for me.......

Francie -- My Puddy was a Tuxedo kitty, he was so handsome.........I sure do miss him. :( My mom I guess she was ok with being a CNA, I mean its very hard work and she did it for 23 yrs, I think what she liked best was the people. The senior citizens and the people she worked with.

I also worked at the same nursing home she did, only I was everything BUT a CNA. lol. I started in housekeeping, laundry, then went to Dietary (the kitchen)....Where you think I would have learned how to eat better because it was all about who was on what diet. One poor lady only got a 1/2 a grapefruit and a 1/2 a slice of toast every single morning and its not cuz its what she liked. Her husband was a rather um "dictator". lol. I enjoyed working there for the people and the experience as I said its very hard work, no matter what you do and it really helped me "grow-up" as it was my first "real" job. (you know not baby-sitting, cleaning houses for people, etc) Anyways. enough about my nursing homes days. lol.

Anyways here I go blabbering on and on.....:blah:

Gotta go!

TTYL!!!

Adding on: Breakfast sucked. :p The Italian Bread was no good for French Toast, at least the way I cooked it, maybe it was just me.......but I usually do kick-you know what french toast. ;) Aw well probably for the best anyways.....

Something happened this morning and now I am down in the dumps. :( I won't go on with the details, but lets just say I am rather disappointed. :cry:

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day! I have the kitchen to clean up and laundry to do. Yippee for me! lol.

jules1216 06-19-2008 01:08 PM

Quick HI!!! I really have to get back to work, left for a doctor's appt and to get birthday balloons for a coworker--then left for lunch---I need to get some stuff done!!

Mom2Gaby 06-19-2008 01:37 PM

Kind of an obnoxious little girl isn't she.....has no right to be THAT happy.....lol
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f4...ELLO/04thu.gif

Quickie because Rach is huffy when I refused her sushi or something from subway,she really needs to make friends with a pan and a can opener. I can't afford her and she always has friends tagging along and I feel *itchy if I don't buy them something too.
So, she is huffy now and watching Gaby....and I really have tons to do! I looked over my state tax form and I see where they get their figure from but they are wrong.
The instructions say to get the figure from 1040A line 35 and they get it from line 34...clearly wrong *snicker*,so now I have to write a request for a review AND they are charging me .3 (cents) interest per day!! Ding bats,,,,

Sassy & Francie - I need a Sassy/Francie decoder to read your post. haha. I like the clip art Sassy!

Mindee- So, you get a digital (ya, I am STILL talking about this) camera and it comes with a copier that prints pictures out on photo paper??? How much was that? Kind of like Kinko?? :dizzy:

Jules - I have to get some stuff done too!!! :) Hey chickie.....:hug: have a wonderful day!

k- need to go make sure gab is alive still....hi to everyone!

tommysgirl18 06-19-2008 03:53 PM

just popping in while I have a second.....

Francie~ I drink juice as well......but usually there isn't any cold in the fridge.

SuzieQ~ We bought the bundle pack. It came with the camera and the photo printer, and then we had to buy the paper and ink cartridge that goes with it. You put the camera on the printer, and it goes through your pictures and you get to pick which ones you want to print out.

my in-law's came over with one of our nieces. they were here for a little bit, and then they left to go get something to eat. my MIL said that she was going to take us with them but she didn't have the room in her truck.....which was fine since the kids needed to take a name anyways.