3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Back In Kindergarten #47 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/143700-back-kindergarten-47-a.html)

Sassy_Chick 06-13-2008 04:52 AM

Morning!

Basic Abbreviations I shared this in another forum, figured it might be helpful to anybody who is new or just not too familiar with the forum abbreviations. ;)

Morning All. :coffee:

Well I didn't end up going to bed until like 3 pm yesterday! :yikes: (To those who are new: I work nights and on my nights off I stick to my schedule, otherwise it messes me all up. :dizzy:) Anywho, I didn't wake up until almost midnight!!! :yikes: :faint: DH let me sleep cuz he knew I went to bed late. lol. (he gets off work at 9:30 PM) Aw well I am off so no biggie, right? ;)

I watched a wonderful Oprah Show, all about that you get what you put out there. Ex: if you put out negative, miserable vibes, then that is what you get back. If you are positive and happy, then that is what you get in return. So that makes complete sense to me. So I am going to try to make a better effort. They also said to have a "Vision Board" Where you put pictures of what you want out of your life. So I want to try it. I already have a start, I found a houseplan of a house that DH and myself want to buy and have my mom move in with us. So I printed out the plan and framed it. I thought I was being silly for doing it, but it is something my step dad always believed in. I guess he was exactly right. Because he found a picture of a truck he wanted at the time and guess what? He got one eventually! ;) I am not saying its all for material objects. Like the house plan I have, yes it would be nice, but we would be happy to just be all together. (my mom and us) That is what is important to us. We don't want my mom to be alone anymore. (To the newbies: My stepdad passed way from cancer in 03') So that is where that comes from. My step dad wanted that truck so he could do the things in life he was passionate about. He always helped everybody and with that truck, he did so. So please don't misunderstand what I am trying to say here. You can go to Oprah.com if you want more info, the ladies on the show have books out and I want to buy at least one of them.

Just makes sense to me. Same thing as they say if you are always negative and miserable, that is the kind of people you attract. If your the opposite, then that is what you attract.

Also FYI: Oprah is having Bob Greene (her Personal Trainer) on the show today, and they are going to talk about weight loss, etc.

Anywho. That is that. Today my goal is to get the clothes put away.......:rolleyes: They are all clean and everything, just need to be put away.........I am gonna work on our closet so it is easier to get clothes in there..........(has to wait until DH gets up and goes to work though, he gets up around 7:30 am and leaves a little after 8 am) ;)

Francie -- No I don't mind at all, snag away! lol.

Anyways, have a good one!

Shopaholic1204 06-13-2008 05:35 AM

Sassy~I turned the tv on while that episode was on today, lol. But hen I turned it off, cuz I wasnt in a Oprah mood. But was it about that book The Secret? I've seen that book around for awhile now. I think they even did a story on it on 20/20 once. I should check it out. I need postive energy in my life. Especially at this moment.

Sassy_Chick 06-13-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 (Post 2224298)
Sassy~I turned the tv on while that episode was on today, lol. But hen I turned it off, cuz I wasnt in a Oprah mood. But was it about that book The Secret? I've seen that book around for awhile now. I think they even did a story on it on 20/20 once. I should check it out. I need postive energy in my life. Especially at this moment.

:hug:

FrouFrou 06-13-2008 01:43 PM

A quick Hi from me right now...will be back later to catch up, probably tonight sometime. Charlotte & the kids are coming over to go to the pool and then we'll have some pizza for dinner.

Got in my 6 miles for the day...did my three miles around the subdivision and am happy to say I may finally start jogging. Will say more about that later. Sorry for the quickie...spent too much time on myspace and exercising...plus woke up late...had quite the night last night with sever storms and tornadoes, ugh! Chat later...

Have a GREAT FRIDAY ladies!

Sassy_Chick 06-13-2008 02:19 PM

Afternoon All........

Afternoon all.

I am in lots of pain for some reason, not the "normal" back pain, its strange......its in my neck and my ear??? and sometimes I get a twinge of pain that goes up my spine? UGH I hope its nothing and that it will go away once I go and lie down for a bit. I took some pain medicine........If not guess I'll have to go to the dr or whatever........

Lets just hope its stress or the weather or something..........

I need that vision board so I can put "Pain-Free" on it! lol.

Cristina -- You go girl!!! Wow 6 miles!!! :cp: Can I pay you to come up here and whip my butt into shape? lol.........

Have a good one all!

:hug:

Mom2Gaby 06-13-2008 02:42 PM

It is 11:40am here so Good Morning!

Cristina - 6 miles is insane lady!! haha, just jealous, amazing. Your legs and butt must be toned and buff by now?? That was one thing I liked about walking back in 2000. I was faithful w/ my 3 miles and after 3 or 4 months everything was toned and I looked so much better in shorts and such. anyway - you are very inspiring and keep me motivated, so thanks!!

Clara- My 15 is doing yoga w/ her friend, she likes it a lot. Hope you were able to get some good rest! I love photobucket, if you click on the picture you like it will give you several codes and you click the forum one if you want to cut and paste onto the BIK site. Does that make sense?? :?::dizzy: ..:)

Sassy - I love the clip art you have been posting, very cute! Sorry about the pain, hope it has eased and you are feeling better! :) :hug:

Francie - I have never seen Ocean 11, how was it? See, I can wear my underwear from way back when but I have had to downsize my bra size w/ the weight loss. I think I was wearing like a 42C...lol, now I don't know for sure what I am wearing but it is a lot smaller! Anyway, hope you are having a good day, is it sunny up north?

Mindee- Dang, I couldn't find any Mindee graphics. I was surprised, maybe I will go search some more, I am kind of addicted to the site now. lol :bravo: on the size large shirt!! Proud of you :)

:hug: to Jules, Katy, Sue....and Tammy! Hope you ladies are having a good day.

k- off I go again. Rach took Gab to the zoo to free me up to get grocery shopping , hair trim and house cleaning done. Busy, busy....oh, laundry too!! Yikes.....chat later!

Sassy_Chick 06-13-2008 03:14 PM

Hi Ya

Hi Suzy Q! :wave:

I found one that was so cute, had to post it...........:)

http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...rtfknv81zs.jpg

And for Ms Mindee:

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/2...d007866sn6.gif

And Ms. Suzy Q:

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/6...851e247jj5.gif

And Cristina:

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/9...759b317mg6.gif

If you don't like those, you can go and make one yourself: BlinkeeBee.com

Shopaholic1204 06-13-2008 03:26 PM

Cristina~Damn woman..6 miles!!! WTG!!!!

Sassy~Hope you start to feel better soon.

Susan~Ocean's 11 is pretty good!! Kinda slow, with some funny parts. It gets really interesting towards the end when it all comes together. I love it!!! We own all 3. I still wanna see the original one though. The one with Sinatra. Umm..wearing my old underwear would be out of the question. It would be wearing kid underwear, lol. Plus, I tossed them all out when I started wearing thongs. So that is basically all I own now. I found my smaller bra in the back of the closet..so I feel comfy now. I stuff it w/the silicone inserts though. LoL!! I miss my bigger boobs. It feels weird to be a little smaller, lol. I wonder what Fonzo will think, lol.

Anyways..I had a pretty bad night. I had a panic attack..but I talked it through with my friend. Then I went to sleep until 8am. And ugh..I'm still tired, but I'm waiting for my groceries to arrive, lol. I fell asleep on the couch watching Law & Order, and now my back is killing me!!! When I talked to Fonzo yesterday, he said he'd give me a back rub when he got home. And I'm like..yyyyeeessssss!!!!!!!!! LoL!!

Okay..gonna go back to sleeping on the couch, lol.

tommysgirl18 06-13-2008 04:22 PM

just popping in here while I have a quick second to do so.......

all three kids are awake, and Tommy is on his way home from work with dinner. we usually take the kids to see the bike night but since it is sprinkling a little bit who knows what we will be doing. I will ask Tommy when he gets home.

I have a slight cramp in my leg.....which I have been working on getting rid of all day, but I guess I will just have to keep working on it!

Cristina~ thanks for that cute name thingy!

Shopaholic1204 06-13-2008 09:47 PM

Thankfully my groceries came a couple mins after I wrote that. Then I watched tv in the bedroom until I fell asleep. I woke up not too long ago. I'm excited though...I got another book in the mail. This one is "Married to the Military: A survival Guide for Military Wives, Girlfriends, and Women in Uniform" They even sent me a free bookmark, lol. I'm gonna skip everything and just read about the relocating part first, lol.

Anyways..thats pretty much all I have to say for today. Hope everyone else had a good day!!

tommysgirl18 06-14-2008 01:00 AM

just stopping back in before heading to bed.....

we are suppose to go to a college graduation party tomorrow, but we are not sure. with the price of gas the way it is, we would be better off just staying close to home.

the local flea market place is having their Pow Wow again, and then they are having Truck Warz. honestly, I would prefer to take them to those because I know that we can keep the kids in line....where as if we go all the way out to the other side of the state, they are out of their comfort zone, so there fore they would be little hellions.

I have the camera ready to take tons of pictures where ever we go!

suetalks 06-14-2008 09:58 AM

Just a quick ticker change for me this morning. We have had a death in the family, a family dinner yesterday, rain and heat. All my reasons for only doing 4.5 miles walking and 2 miles on the bike the last few days. Hopefully in the midst of today's activities I can get another mile or two walked. Haven't gotten to 10,000 on the steps any day....barely 8000 and I thought I was walking a lot. Unless my ped. lies I am not doing well. haha.
Sad times here and some worry about a biopsy on my end, but I will get through and be back ASAP.

jules1216 06-14-2008 01:10 PM

I have checked in but don't get to stay long enough to get a post typed out between hubby & the baby--both of which are napping right now (I took the morning nap with the boy!!--so I am not tired enough to nap again)Teri spent the night at the apartment with some friends, they had a pizza and video night. She would have kept the baby but I said we would so she could actually stay up late and sleep in this morning (which she did)

Sue--hugs to you--lots going on there. we are here if you need us!!

Mindee--we were suppossed to go to a big craft fait they hold twice a year but I put tires on the car on Thursday, the tread was starting to look bad according to hubby. Now that I don't have the extra $, I really don't want to go.

Francie--in one of my breeze through reads, I saw you were thinking about talking to the cousin again. WHat did you end up doing?? Fonzo will be home before you know it!!

Suzyq--is Rach the fifteen year old taking yoga?? If so she needs it to mellow her out for you. It was sweet that she took Gab to the zoo. Is she working? Whats Beck been up to, is she still in "love"!!

Sassy--I am wondering if you need to go to the chiro, to get some of those stress muscles relaxed. I get so tight sometimes I just want to sit and cry. Woohoo for you and the positive attitude, keep it up!!

Cristina--woohoo on the 6 miles, I don't think anyone is taking the exercise queen crown from you!! Hope you had fun with the kids!!

Katy & Clare-hi to you both!! Hope all is well!!

Well, I have a few more sites to hit while I have the chance!!

FrouFrou 06-14-2008 02:11 PM

Hello ladies....

Well, I lied, sorry...it wasn't intentional. I meant to get on the puter and catch up but I was pooped! Those kids wear me out...between that and getting up early. I was ready for bed about 8'ish, lol. Didn't go but by 10:30 I was sawing some logs. I don't think I have ever seen two kids that NEED so much attention! You have to stay on top of them because they will get into anything and everything. But we did have a nice visit and they LOVED the pool!

JULES...remember to take some me time missy. Of course if I had a cute little grandbaby like little Nick I would have him all the time! I am definitely no exercise queen...far from it. Just doing what I gotta do for me right now.

SUE...hugs to you and yours. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. And 8000 steps is awesome! Keep up the good work! :carrot:

MINDEE...:yay: to getting in a large! That is quite a feeling isn't it?

FRANCIE...I wouldn't mind having smaller boobies...mine aren't real big but too big for me. I think they make me look sloppy in a lot of clothes. There's not a lot of tight fitting clothes I care to wear otherwise I don't think it would look so bad. What's cracking me up is the baggy underwear...my booty is gone! It's a good thing tho...now to work on the stomach! Hope you have a great day today.

CLARA...did I read that right? You were going to go workout for 4 hours? Yikes, now talk about an exercise queen! Keep up the good work and glad the doc gave you the okay to start walking again!

SASSY...thanks for the cute little name! I like your ideas lady...I've heard that before and it has worked for some...kind of a goal to work towards and keep ya focused!

SUSAN...that was sweet of DD to take Gaby to the Zoo. Chase was supposed to stay with us this past week but Char forgot about some tutoring he had to go to. So he's coming this week and wants to go to this lazertag place...don't know anything about it and most likely won't go. Like DD said, she thought you had to have teams, meaning more that 2 people...not my cup of tea anyway. Anyway, not sure what we will do since we have a yardsale slated for Friday and Saturday...a neighborhood yardsale. But anyway...did you get all your chores done?

KATY...a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you tomorrow, and a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY too! Hope your day is a special one whatever you do!
:hat: :cheers: :bday2you: :balloons: :bday2you: :celebrate: :cheers: :hat:

I've not gotten much of anything done today, well, except a load of laundry. I did go thru my closet and pull some things out that don't fit. Going to work on it some more. I hold onto things and not sure why. Haven't done any exercise yet but do plan too. Will record those totals Monday. Most likely won't be on the computer tomorrow. Charlotte & the kids are coming over for an early BBQ at noon. V has to go do a job for a friend...she kind of invited herself, lol. I said I guess I can cook, lol. Just going to bbq some burgers and dogs. I'll make a cake later this evening and some potato salad, nothing special. I've got some laundry to get done and exercise and will try to check back a little later, if not...

Have a great weekend ladies!

Mom2Gaby 06-14-2008 02:46 PM

Happy Birthday to Katy!!

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...rlknitting.gif

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
You are a wonderful knitter, compost pile remover and mother!!!!
Happy Birthday to you!!!

:celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate: