3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Back In Kindergarten #47 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/143700-back-kindergarten-47-a.html)

FrouFrou 06-12-2008 11:56 AM

Back In Kindergarten #47

HI & :welcome: to the Back In Kindergarten thread! :wave:

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey! So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke or whatever your drink of choice is, and pull up a chair and join us!
:coffee2: :cofdate: :coffee:

Sassy_Chick 06-12-2008 12:02 PM

Hi girls. Tis me, again.

Just feeling sad again. Can't help it. :cry:

Have a Good Day.

:hug:

FrouFrou 06-12-2008 12:18 PM

SASSY...lots and lots of hug to you missy. I am sorry you are feeling sad again. :hug: :hug: Wish I was there in person to give you those hugs.

FrouFrou 06-12-2008 12:54 PM

Hello ladies...

Well, thinking the car light is nothing, not sure yet. This guy that works on V's truck said it probably came on because some of the fluid levels were low, and they were, oops! So that's taken care of and he said that something would need to be reset...try that and if the light still comes on then take it in...but he's pretty sure that's all it is. :crossed: Of course I don't know what V said about resetting whatever, lol...I'll let him do it, he's the man, lol.

SUE...I've had that happen before...tried 3 different pedometers so this time I am going to spend a little more money and hopefully get a better one. I say hopefully because I have no clue what a "good" one is. I did have one that was pretty accurate...I went by what the park said their miles were to walk it, and what I drove around...but it broke and can't find it to see what kind it was...but yeah, if anyone knows a good one I want to know too! Good job on the walking and biking miles! :carrot: And THANK YOU for the public service announcement, lol...I keep forgetting my sunscreen and it's bad especially in the car. I even have a bottle I keep in there, now that's bad!

SASSY...I agree with what both Francie & Sue said...you need to eat missy no matter what. And you are right in that some people never grow up. It's sad but true...you would think that once out of school all the drama and crap would be left behind but nooooo...it continues with people of all ages and sex. It kills me too that people feel the need to be mean. I know it's easier said than done, but try not to be sad :hug: :hug:

FRANCIE...if you don't have a taker on the movie I'll be happy to take it off your hands, of course I have to give you something in return, lol. How about a trade, a book for the movie? Ha, I am having Subway again, for lunch today, or may save it for dinner. I bought 2 ft longs for the four of us and thought since me and DD shared the one that DH would take the other to work today and he didn't so...subway it is for today. About your cousin...I am with Sue on this. I can't tell you how many times I've had rifts with the fam, and while they hold grudges I don't. To me my family is all I have and the only one I have no matter what and I miss the realtionship so they can hold onto the past if they want I've moved on. Of course as Sue said too if totally depends on what happened, for us I don't think it was worth not ever talking to my family again but that's me. And maybe this is your cousin's way of saying sorry. I know some people really have a hard time with apologies because they don't think they've done anything wrong and it's hard for them to admit that they were wrong. Maybe give it a go and see what happens but be cautious. What the heck do I know, lol. Hugs to you :hug:

SUSAN...thinking of you today as you go to court. You are a sweetie for doing that for your ex...and I agree, I think a parent has a right to see their kids. :hug: You are NOT a computer tard...you are better at it than me for sure...I couldn't figure out how to put your cute pic back up in the new thread, lol. Working on the link thing but already to the right click and save, lol. I need to go back and take some more computer classes for sure...learn all the new stuff. WTG on the 2 miles! :carrot:

MINDEE...sorry for laughing, oh my goodness. :lol: You think the boys were trying to tell you they wanted some pancakes mom? :lol: Too cute! Don't cha just love being a momma? I wouldn't trade moments like that for nuthin'!

HIYA KATY, JULES, TAMMY & CLARA...hoping you ladies are having a great day!

I'm a little goofy today! :dizzy: I always, well usually, do my grocery shopping on Thursday but did it yesterday and so I am mixed up today. Kept thinking yesterday was Thurs and today is Friday, lol.

Did my exercise, or the walking part of it anyway...4 miles, being lazy, sort of. Have to do the strength part now...about 50 minutes. Then have some laundry to get done and hopefully a game to go to later. Supposed to get storms later...we'll see.

Have a terrific Thursday everyone!

P.S. Was still on but came back to see if anyone had posted before I sgin off. Also, forgot to add my miles for the day and to mention how frustrated I was yesterday. I was trying to find something to wear and clothes I haven't worn since last summer are too big for me! How about that? It's frustrating because everything looks horrible, too baggy and I really don't want to go spend money on clothes when I have another 20 to lose. That's if I decide that's where I want to be. I may decide to lose 10 more after that-not sure...will know once I ge there. But then I felt GREAT because I put a bracelet on and was in awe at how lose it was. This losing weight is really amazing to me because I think in my head I kept telling myself I wasn't as big as I was. So now putting on these clothes and the bracelet are just cracking me up...just never thought that that little bit of weight could make such a big difference. And by the way...the bracelet I put on was a beaded bracelet that had something to do with staying focused...thought if I wore it all the time it would remind me of what the specific beads meant. I specifically bought it for it's meaning and to help me stay focused on being healthy and losing weight. I'll have to post a pic later and find the paper that says what it means. Just thought I would share.

Sassy_Chick 06-12-2008 01:50 PM

SASSY's BACK YA'ALL!!! HA HA!

Hi All

Well I feel much better. I heard some news from someone and made me feel much better. :D :D :D :D Basically they (girls and I infasize GIRLS at work -- :lol3:) aren't gonna break me. I have too many people who love and care about me, I don't need people like that to get me down. I have much better things to do with my time than bother worrying about any of those losers. People who hate others usually are intimated by them -- see my quote, I LOVE IT! HA HA! :cool: So SASSY CHICA is BACK YA'ALL!!!! :devil:

Oh and I found this and I thought it was so cute:

http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...hqy6la4njm.gif

Thought we all could use Calgon to "Take us away" right girls? ;) And the kitty cat looks like mine, only mine is a whole lot FATTER!!! lol. But I still wuvs him, he's my baby. :bb: lol.

Have a Great Day, You all are WONDERFUL!!! :grouphug:

clarac50 06-12-2008 02:43 PM

Hey guys, been so busy haven't had a chance to chat. I went to the dr today. He said I could start walking again. I don't have much time right now. I need to get ready for class. (weight training- 2:30-4:30) then yoga 5;30-7:30.) I'll try to get back to you later tonight. Bye Hang in there Sassy.

Shopaholic1204 06-12-2008 03:43 PM

Hey all..I'm having a crappy day. AF kicked into high gear and has totally drained me of all energy. BUT its such a pretty day today that I went out and walked around the circle. It was just a mile, but it felt like forever. LoL!! It felt nice to feel the sun again. Now I'm gonna lay on the heating pad for the rest of the day and watch movies until my show comes on tonight.

Sue & Cristina~I wrote her back and said it would be cool to talk again. Fonzo says that I dont have to see them if I dont want to. Which isnt a bad idea since airline prices are getting higher by the day..and we'll be living way out in MD. I'm just gonna see how this all goes. Maybe over time..and lower airline prices, lol..we'll all hang out again.

Cristina~You are killing me with the Subway!!! I want one sooooooooo bad!!!!!!!! I dunno why, but I really want a meatball sub, lol.

Sassy~Glad you are feeling better..and love the Calgon pic. It makes me wanna put on that body spray, LoL!!! I love your siggy too!!! I hope you dont mind..but I'm gonna totally snag your "I Am Who I Am" tag.

Clara~You sound like one busy girl!!!! LoL!!!

Oh ya..I read that United airlines will charge people now on just checking in one bag. Wtf!! How much longer till they all start do that?? I'm never flying again.

Shopaholic1204 06-12-2008 03:54 PM

Oh ya..Cristina..if you want the dvd its yours.

tommysgirl18 06-12-2008 04:04 PM

well, today was Brandon's last day of school for this school year. he got off the bus today with a shovel and pail in his hand and his bus driver told me that he had some other stuff in his backpack that goes with it.

I was cleaning up a mess that Logan had just made so I didn't know what all was in his backpack. To go along with his shovel and pail, he got a fish sand toy and a spiderman beach ball. all that was from his teacher, his speech therapist, the two classroom helpers, and the bus driver.

oh yeah, he also got lemon scented bubbles. a couple weeks ago he got pineapple scented bubbles.

he also got his progress report that the school started doing this year for his class.....as well as his progress report to go along with his IEP. he got a class completion certificate from the school. and a book that has pictures that were taken of him during school, and the teacher wrote some comments under some of the pictures.

now the madness begins with all three of them home during the day! but I am going to keep up with my schedule and get up early so I can get my work out in, and then get them up accordingly as they wake up. I was going to get my work out in this morning, but Logan some how got the bedroom door open and met me at the front door.

I will come back later on when I have more time.....right now all three of them are up and they are watching Thomas & Friends......but I have to run to the office here once Tommy gets home.

SusieQ~ I hope things go well at court today! I meant to tell you yesterday that we do get Super WHY here, and Brandon was watching it yesterday morning. I have it set to record the episodes if they aren't up yet to watch them.

tommysgirl18 06-12-2008 04:06 PM

I tried to search photobucket for some name things like SusieQ and Cristina did......and I got nothing! I tried Mindy and it shot me some answers......but I guess I am the odd man out.....

Mom2Gaby 06-12-2008 06:43 PM

A quickie!:o

Mindee- I will go search for you if you want on your name. I love that site. I am glad you found SuperWhy, Gaby's loves that show and I know she has learned a lot from it! Yay, Brandon, you must be proud of him!

Cristina - Yay, on the bracelet fitting loose. My suggestion would be to go to a second hand store and find some smaller shorts, capri's and t-shirt's for summer time for while you are still losing - that is what I am going to do.

Clara - Yay (a lot of yay's today:D) for getting cleared for walking!

Sassy - :hug: I am glad you are feeling better!

Franice -:hug: Hope you are resting and feeling better. What movie did you decide to watch???

Sue - Don't be discouraged about the walking. I can't walk as far as some of the ladies but I figure 1 or 2 miles is a start - considering I wasn't doing anything before. lol :hug:

:wave: to Jules, Tammy, and Katy!!

I am on the run....sorry. Court was long, the judge took the other case first and that lasted 1.5 hours. He kept the order in place but basically will drop it in 3 months. He said the Ex wife or (or Gab's father can do too) needs to go and file a mod order to visitation if that is what wants to do but she can't keep using restraining orders for that. The only reason it has lasted this long was because Gab's dad has focused on Gaby and let it go last year when it came up for renewal. The ex said she was scared of him and *gasp* he sent a card signed by Gaby on the other daughters birthday and she knew it came from him. She also had a friend say he drives by the house all the time but when Gab's dad asked her what color car he drove she said white and he drives a blue car. anyway, Gab's father knows he needs to ask for a modification to visitation, including counseling and probably no overnights. I mean, 2 years have gone by now. Course the ex wife has always wanted the daughter to be adopted by her now husband. Blah - blah..........anyway, that was my morning. As the world churns.....

Rach took some pictures of me and Gab so if I can get them on computer I will put on myspace. I made 154 this morning!!! So, happy with that.

Chat later!

clarac50 06-12-2008 10:26 PM

Hey girls, just got home from yoga. I'm watching the basketball game. Kind of boring. I like them a little more competitive. Maybe the second half will be better.
I am so tired. Yoga is a real workout. But it is a good kind of tired. Tomorrow I only have water aerobics. Yoga and weight training are M-Th.

Sassy - That's it. Feel great about yourself and don't worry about people who have nothing better to do than be mean. Guess they don't have a life.

Francie - Sorry you don't feel well. Enjoy the beautiful days ahead. I need to learn what all your abbreviations mean.

Mindee - As I recall summer vacation is fun. My boys are long grown up and have kids of their own and my daughter will be 21 in August and still lives at home. What is photobucket?

Well, I just love all the graphics you guys use in your posts. I would love to learn how to use them. Maybe my daughter will teach me. I am exhausted. I am going to relax a while and then go to bed. Talk to you all tomorrow.

tommysgirl18 06-13-2008 12:03 AM

just popping back in here before heading to bed......

SusieQ~ If you can find anything.....more power to you! I did a quick search, or I was just not looking in the right area. Brandon has been trying to say more words....he was even trying to say some Spanish words while watching Dora and Diego.

Clara~ Photobucket is a place to upload your pictures in order to share them with other people.

tommysgirl18 06-13-2008 12:11 AM

I am going to get my butt to bed, so I can really work on getting back on schedule so I can get my workouts back in....but I do have to add that I wore a size LARGE shirt today! and for me, that is amazing....since this time last year I was wearing 3x shirts!

Shopaholic1204 06-13-2008 02:18 AM

Susan~I was feeling better until tonight. I feel like total crap again. I ended up watching Ocean's 11, lol. I needed to see a Brad/George/Matt movie, lol.

Clara~It was a pretty day..but it was a little chilly outside. Like Mindee mentioned..you should try Photobucket. Its pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Mindee~WTG on the Large shirt!!! I was just coming in here to share the same news, lol. I grabbed a shirt out of the closet w/o even looking and it was a large one..and I didnt even realize it until I remembered that it was always a little too tight on me. Now it fits just nicely. LoL!!

With that being said..I'm all for losing weight and having smaller clothes. But omg..my boobs hurt so much cuz I cant fill out these bras anymore. Its like boob, then space, then bra!! I'm thinking I might be a B cup now, but I cant find my B sized bras. OH..and I'm so very sad. My fave jeans ever are starting to fall off. I had to pull them all the way up to my belly button..which wasnt comfortable, since they're low rise jeans, lol. I wonder if I can wear one of Fonzo's belts. I doubt it though, his waist is smaller than mine, lol.

Anyways..I shall go now. Nighty nite!!

Sassy_Chick 06-13-2008 04:52 AM

Morning!

Basic Abbreviations I shared this in another forum, figured it might be helpful to anybody who is new or just not too familiar with the forum abbreviations. ;)

Morning All. :coffee:

Well I didn't end up going to bed until like 3 pm yesterday! :yikes: (To those who are new: I work nights and on my nights off I stick to my schedule, otherwise it messes me all up. :dizzy:) Anywho, I didn't wake up until almost midnight!!! :yikes: :faint: DH let me sleep cuz he knew I went to bed late. lol. (he gets off work at 9:30 PM) Aw well I am off so no biggie, right? ;)

I watched a wonderful Oprah Show, all about that you get what you put out there. Ex: if you put out negative, miserable vibes, then that is what you get back. If you are positive and happy, then that is what you get in return. So that makes complete sense to me. So I am going to try to make a better effort. They also said to have a "Vision Board" Where you put pictures of what you want out of your life. So I want to try it. I already have a start, I found a houseplan of a house that DH and myself want to buy and have my mom move in with us. So I printed out the plan and framed it. I thought I was being silly for doing it, but it is something my step dad always believed in. I guess he was exactly right. Because he found a picture of a truck he wanted at the time and guess what? He got one eventually! ;) I am not saying its all for material objects. Like the house plan I have, yes it would be nice, but we would be happy to just be all together. (my mom and us) That is what is important to us. We don't want my mom to be alone anymore. (To the newbies: My stepdad passed way from cancer in 03') So that is where that comes from. My step dad wanted that truck so he could do the things in life he was passionate about. He always helped everybody and with that truck, he did so. So please don't misunderstand what I am trying to say here. You can go to Oprah.com if you want more info, the ladies on the show have books out and I want to buy at least one of them.

Just makes sense to me. Same thing as they say if you are always negative and miserable, that is the kind of people you attract. If your the opposite, then that is what you attract.

Also FYI: Oprah is having Bob Greene (her Personal Trainer) on the show today, and they are going to talk about weight loss, etc.

Anywho. That is that. Today my goal is to get the clothes put away.......:rolleyes: They are all clean and everything, just need to be put away.........I am gonna work on our closet so it is easier to get clothes in there..........(has to wait until DH gets up and goes to work though, he gets up around 7:30 am and leaves a little after 8 am) ;)

Francie -- No I don't mind at all, snag away! lol.

Anyways, have a good one!

Shopaholic1204 06-13-2008 05:35 AM

Sassy~I turned the tv on while that episode was on today, lol. But hen I turned it off, cuz I wasnt in a Oprah mood. But was it about that book The Secret? I've seen that book around for awhile now. I think they even did a story on it on 20/20 once. I should check it out. I need postive energy in my life. Especially at this moment.

Sassy_Chick 06-13-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 (Post 2224298)
Sassy~I turned the tv on while that episode was on today, lol. But hen I turned it off, cuz I wasnt in a Oprah mood. But was it about that book The Secret? I've seen that book around for awhile now. I think they even did a story on it on 20/20 once. I should check it out. I need postive energy in my life. Especially at this moment.

FrouFrou 06-13-2008 01:43 PM

A quick Hi from me right now...will be back later to catch up, probably tonight sometime. Charlotte & the kids are coming over to go to the pool and then we'll have some pizza for dinner.

Got in my 6 miles for the day...did my three miles around the subdivision and am happy to say I may finally start jogging. Will say more about that later. Sorry for the quickie...spent too much time on myspace and exercising...plus woke up late...had quite the night last night with sever storms and tornadoes, ugh! Chat later...

Have a GREAT FRIDAY ladies!

Sassy_Chick 06-13-2008 02:19 PM

Afternoon All........

Afternoon all.

I am in lots of pain for some reason, not the "normal" back pain, its strange......its in my neck and my ear??? and sometimes I get a twinge of pain that goes up my spine? UGH I hope its nothing and that it will go away once I go and lie down for a bit. I took some pain medicine........If not guess I'll have to go to the dr or whatever........

Lets just hope its stress or the weather or something..........

I need that vision board so I can put "Pain-Free" on it! lol.

Cristina -- You go girl!!! Wow 6 miles!!! :cp: Can I pay you to come up here and whip my butt into shape? lol.........

Have a good one all!

Mom2Gaby 06-13-2008 02:42 PM

It is 11:40am here so Good Morning!

Cristina - 6 miles is insane lady!! haha, just jealous, amazing. Your legs and butt must be toned and buff by now?? That was one thing I liked about walking back in 2000. I was faithful w/ my 3 miles and after 3 or 4 months everything was toned and I looked so much better in shorts and such. anyway - you are very inspiring and keep me motivated, so thanks!!

Clara- My 15 is doing yoga w/ her friend, she likes it a lot. Hope you were able to get some good rest! I love photobucket, if you click on the picture you like it will give you several codes and you click the forum one if you want to cut and paste onto the BIK site. Does that make sense?? :?::dizzy: ..:)

Sassy - I love the clip art you have been posting, very cute! Sorry about the pain, hope it has eased and you are feeling better! :) :hug:

Francie - I have never seen Ocean 11, how was it? See, I can wear my underwear from way back when but I have had to downsize my bra size w/ the weight loss. I think I was wearing like a 42C...lol, now I don't know for sure what I am wearing but it is a lot smaller! Anyway, hope you are having a good day, is it sunny up north?

Mindee- Dang, I couldn't find any Mindee graphics. I was surprised, maybe I will go search some more, I am kind of addicted to the site now. lol :bravo: on the size large shirt!! Proud of you :)

:hug: to Jules, Katy, Sue....and Tammy! Hope you ladies are having a good day.

k- off I go again. Rach took Gab to the zoo to free me up to get grocery shopping , hair trim and house cleaning done. Busy, busy....oh, laundry too!! Yikes.....chat later!

Sassy_Chick 06-13-2008 03:14 PM

Hi Ya

Hi Suzy Q! :wave:

I found one that was so cute, had to post it...........:)

http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...rtfknv81zs.jpg

And for Ms Mindee:

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/2...d007866sn6.gif

And Ms. Suzy Q:

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/6...851e247jj5.gif

And Cristina:

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/9...759b317mg6.gif

If you don't like those, you can go and make one yourself: BlinkeeBee.com

Shopaholic1204 06-13-2008 03:26 PM

Cristina~Damn woman..6 miles!!! WTG!!!!

Sassy~Hope you start to feel better soon.

Susan~Ocean's 11 is pretty good!! Kinda slow, with some funny parts. It gets really interesting towards the end when it all comes together. I love it!!! We own all 3. I still wanna see the original one though. The one with Sinatra. Umm..wearing my old underwear would be out of the question. It would be wearing kid underwear, lol. Plus, I tossed them all out when I started wearing thongs. So that is basically all I own now. I found my smaller bra in the back of the closet..so I feel comfy now. I stuff it w/the silicone inserts though. LoL!! I miss my bigger boobs. It feels weird to be a little smaller, lol. I wonder what Fonzo will think, lol.

Anyways..I had a pretty bad night. I had a panic attack..but I talked it through with my friend. Then I went to sleep until 8am. And ugh..I'm still tired, but I'm waiting for my groceries to arrive, lol. I fell asleep on the couch watching Law & Order, and now my back is killing me!!! When I talked to Fonzo yesterday, he said he'd give me a back rub when he got home. And I'm like..yyyyeeessssss!!!!!!!!! LoL!!

Okay..gonna go back to sleeping on the couch, lol.

tommysgirl18 06-13-2008 04:22 PM

just popping in here while I have a quick second to do so.......

all three kids are awake, and Tommy is on his way home from work with dinner. we usually take the kids to see the bike night but since it is sprinkling a little bit who knows what we will be doing. I will ask Tommy when he gets home.

I have a slight cramp in my leg.....which I have been working on getting rid of all day, but I guess I will just have to keep working on it!

Cristina~ thanks for that cute name thingy!

Shopaholic1204 06-13-2008 09:47 PM

Thankfully my groceries came a couple mins after I wrote that. Then I watched tv in the bedroom until I fell asleep. I woke up not too long ago. I'm excited though...I got another book in the mail. This one is "Married to the Military: A survival Guide for Military Wives, Girlfriends, and Women in Uniform" They even sent me a free bookmark, lol. I'm gonna skip everything and just read about the relocating part first, lol.

Anyways..thats pretty much all I have to say for today. Hope everyone else had a good day!!

tommysgirl18 06-14-2008 01:00 AM

just stopping back in before heading to bed.....

we are suppose to go to a college graduation party tomorrow, but we are not sure. with the price of gas the way it is, we would be better off just staying close to home.

the local flea market place is having their Pow Wow again, and then they are having Truck Warz. honestly, I would prefer to take them to those because I know that we can keep the kids in line....where as if we go all the way out to the other side of the state, they are out of their comfort zone, so there fore they would be little hellions.

I have the camera ready to take tons of pictures where ever we go!

suetalks 06-14-2008 09:58 AM

Just a quick ticker change for me this morning. We have had a death in the family, a family dinner yesterday, rain and heat. All my reasons for only doing 4.5 miles walking and 2 miles on the bike the last few days. Hopefully in the midst of today's activities I can get another mile or two walked. Haven't gotten to 10,000 on the steps any day....barely 8000 and I thought I was walking a lot. Unless my ped. lies I am not doing well. haha.
Sad times here and some worry about a biopsy on my end, but I will get through and be back ASAP.

jules1216 06-14-2008 01:10 PM

I have checked in but don't get to stay long enough to get a post typed out between hubby & the baby--both of which are napping right now (I took the morning nap with the boy!!--so I am not tired enough to nap again)Teri spent the night at the apartment with some friends, they had a pizza and video night. She would have kept the baby but I said we would so she could actually stay up late and sleep in this morning (which she did)

Sue--hugs to you--lots going on there. we are here if you need us!!

Mindee--we were suppossed to go to a big craft fait they hold twice a year but I put tires on the car on Thursday, the tread was starting to look bad according to hubby. Now that I don't have the extra $, I really don't want to go.

Francie--in one of my breeze through reads, I saw you were thinking about talking to the cousin again. WHat did you end up doing?? Fonzo will be home before you know it!!

Suzyq--is Rach the fifteen year old taking yoga?? If so she needs it to mellow her out for you. It was sweet that she took Gab to the zoo. Is she working? Whats Beck been up to, is she still in "love"!!

Sassy--I am wondering if you need to go to the chiro, to get some of those stress muscles relaxed. I get so tight sometimes I just want to sit and cry. Woohoo for you and the positive attitude, keep it up!!

Cristina--woohoo on the 6 miles, I don't think anyone is taking the exercise queen crown from you!! Hope you had fun with the kids!!

Katy & Clare-hi to you both!! Hope all is well!!

Well, I have a few more sites to hit while I have the chance!!

FrouFrou 06-14-2008 02:11 PM

Hello ladies....

Well, I lied, sorry...it wasn't intentional. I meant to get on the puter and catch up but I was pooped! Those kids wear me out...between that and getting up early. I was ready for bed about 8'ish, lol. Didn't go but by 10:30 I was sawing some logs. I don't think I have ever seen two kids that NEED so much attention! You have to stay on top of them because they will get into anything and everything. But we did have a nice visit and they LOVED the pool!

JULES...remember to take some me time missy. Of course if I had a cute little grandbaby like little Nick I would have him all the time! I am definitely no exercise queen...far from it. Just doing what I gotta do for me right now.

SUE...hugs to you and yours. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. And 8000 steps is awesome! Keep up the good work! :carrot:

MINDEE...:yay: to getting in a large! That is quite a feeling isn't it?

FRANCIE...I wouldn't mind having smaller boobies...mine aren't real big but too big for me. I think they make me look sloppy in a lot of clothes. There's not a lot of tight fitting clothes I care to wear otherwise I don't think it would look so bad. What's cracking me up is the baggy underwear...my booty is gone! It's a good thing tho...now to work on the stomach! Hope you have a great day today.

CLARA...did I read that right? You were going to go workout for 4 hours? Yikes, now talk about an exercise queen! Keep up the good work and glad the doc gave you the okay to start walking again!

SASSY...thanks for the cute little name! I like your ideas lady...I've heard that before and it has worked for some...kind of a goal to work towards and keep ya focused!

SUSAN...that was sweet of DD to take Gaby to the Zoo. Chase was supposed to stay with us this past week but Char forgot about some tutoring he had to go to. So he's coming this week and wants to go to this lazertag place...don't know anything about it and most likely won't go. Like DD said, she thought you had to have teams, meaning more that 2 people...not my cup of tea anyway. Anyway, not sure what we will do since we have a yardsale slated for Friday and Saturday...a neighborhood yardsale. But anyway...did you get all your chores done?

KATY...a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you tomorrow, and a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY too! Hope your day is a special one whatever you do!
:hat: :cheers: :bday2you: :balloons: :bday2you: :celebrate: :cheers: :hat:

I've not gotten much of anything done today, well, except a load of laundry. I did go thru my closet and pull some things out that don't fit. Going to work on it some more. I hold onto things and not sure why. Haven't done any exercise yet but do plan too. Will record those totals Monday. Most likely won't be on the computer tomorrow. Charlotte & the kids are coming over for an early BBQ at noon. V has to go do a job for a friend...she kind of invited herself, lol. I said I guess I can cook, lol. Just going to bbq some burgers and dogs. I'll make a cake later this evening and some potato salad, nothing special. I've got some laundry to get done and exercise and will try to check back a little later, if not...

Have a great weekend ladies!

Mom2Gaby 06-14-2008 02:46 PM

Happy Birthday to Katy!!

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/n...rlknitting.gif

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
You are a wonderful knitter, compost pile remover and mother!!!!
Happy Birthday to you!!!

:celebrate::celebrate::celebrate::celebrate:

Mom2Gaby 06-14-2008 03:07 PM

It is Saturday!! :dance:

Wish you all a great weekend, it is beautiful here with sunny skies! I have a family function later this afternoon, so I only have a second.
My nephew would have been 17 today if he was alive, he passed away last Sept, the day before school was to start up again. So, it is a kind of sad weekend, plus fathers day tomorrow and my step dad is busy getting his affairs in order because his heart is failing and he refuses surgery from past surgeries...... he is scared to do that.

Cheerful , huh?? Anyway, lets just pray for a miracle!! My step dad is the sweetest and a buffer to my mother. He is a saint. :)

Gaby left at 11am with her father. She was busy painting cards for all the men in her life. She did (4) 1/2 size poster boards. She was rather pleased and I love homemade gifts from the kids and her father made a big deal of it so that made her happy.

Cristina - I want to come to your BBQ!!! Sounds like fun. I have clothes from years ago, I never throw away. I had sizes from 6 to 14 in my closet. I think I will take the blunge and throw out the bigger size clothes. I won't need them again, right?? :?: I did get the hair trimmed, apt. cleaned and laundry. No groceries yet in the house.......maybe today, and I really want to finish the weeding.

Jules - That is sweet you give Teri and much needed break, I am sure she needs to have the opportunity to hang out w/ friends. It is Becky (15) who is doing yoga w/ her girlfriend. Rach (16.5) is into kickboxing.....lol, makes sense , huh? Rach came home all emotional last night because of her boyfriend and her girlfriend sneaking behind her back and talking/texting. Now Rach is an emotional wreak and I was up until 2am listening to the drama. Ugh.

Sue - :hug::hug: Thinking of you :)

Mindee- Whatever you and the family end up doing I am sure it will be fun. I have only gone to a few pow wow's. I hear you about the kids being hellions, you don't want to be too far from home in case you need to retreat. lol When we lived in Astoria we never got across the 2 mile bridge without the 2 R's fighting, we would just turn around and go home. I don't think we went anywhere far for years. lol

Francie - How is your back?? I have never shopped groceries on line, how does that work?:?: How is your housing search coming along??

Sassy - Cute avatars!! How is the pain you were having?? Hope better :hug:

Katy - Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversay!! I am sure you have something fun planned.

Hi to Clara and Tammy!! :wave:

I better get, the time goes by soooooooo fast. You all have a great Saturday!

RosieKate 06-14-2008 04:00 PM

Thank you for the birthday wishes, everyone! Tomorrow is the official day and we really don't have anything special planned. My son wants to buy me Zuma for my Nano....what a sweetie. We are having my FIL over for Father's day...so, that's it.

Cristina- got the card - thank you! It's lovely...

Susan- hope your family event goes well. I'm sure it will be a lovely celebration of your nephew's life and I'm glad your family is helping each other every day....

Sorry to keep this so short, but in addition to all the birthday/anniversary hoopla, we are also getting ready to go camping so the house looks like it exploded.... Hope everyone is having a great weekend and I'll see you on the flip side, as it were.

ETA - didn't want you to think we were total losers in the anniversary department. We went out to see Ironman and eat some Thai food on Thursday. Since we'll be busy on Monday, we decided to celebrate a little early. Ironman was fun! RD Jr is pretty cute and there are fantastic special effects. As far as a comic book adaptation goes, it's pretty standard, but it look like the sequels will be the really good movies. If you so see it, make sure you stay through the credits...

Shopaholic1204 06-14-2008 05:12 PM

Happy Birthday Katy!!!!!

I cant chat long, so I'll come back later. I just wanted to stop by and say hello. I'm cleaning out my comp right now..and its making things run kinda slow, lol. Which is the reason why I'm cleaning out my comp, lol. So ya..I'll be back laters.

I'm gonna go back to reading my new addiction. Which would be Twilight. Seriously..I get lost in that book, I'm so obsessed.

tommysgirl18 06-14-2008 10:55 PM

just popping in for a second while I have the chance......I am in the middle of watching Yours, Mine and Ours on tv.

we ended up just staying close to home today. we went to the pow wow and the truck warz at the local flew market place. it was a lot of fun and we met up with my in-law's there.

I have some pictures from the day that I will be uploading onto my myspace page later......or even tomorrow....when I get the chance.

Shopaholic1204 06-14-2008 11:19 PM

Just popping back in again. I went on a long @$$ walk to the park today. Technically..its kinda like across the street from my place..but walking towards it takes awhile, lol. I ended up walking 2 miles back and forth. I did get in some reading time at the park though. It was pretty nice..I even fed the ducks. :)

Omg..and the scariest thing happened today. I was on the couch reading and I looked up just in time to see a blue jay fly into the balcony. Anyways..so I'm like staring at this beautiful blue jay..when a CROW flies into the balcony!!!!!!!!!!!! It scared the crap out of me!!!!!!!! It was HUGE!!! The cats went wild!!! They were attacking the window!! LoL!! The poor little blue jay flew away as soon as the crow came flying in. But omg..I've never seen a crow that close up before. My heart was beating so hard..and the only thing that flew through my mind was Hyde on that 70's Show saying.."thats somebody's soul man" LOL!!!

Anyways..so ya..that was my weird day, lol. I'm still reading Twilight..but right now I'm gonna watch the actor who plays Edward (in the movie version of Twilight) in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, he plays Cedric in it. I told my friend Elyse to read Twilight and she loved it..so now we're like obessed with Edward Cullen and the book, lol. (Hence my new avator, lol) We're all like.."I cant believe a vampire can be so sexy!!!" LoL!! Ya, we're a little nuts, but whatever.

Okay..off to watch the movie.

suetalks 06-15-2008 09:02 AM

Found ya. Now I have to fix my ticker before I come back. Busy today so I will see you when I can.

Can't hide from me girls....

Sassy_Chick 06-15-2008 09:07 AM

Hey Ya'all. :wave: I found you too, took me a while, but I found ya! lol.

So far anyways (knocking on wood) my back and neck are better, lets hope they stay that way! lol. But my tummy is another issue! But I am pretty positive that in about 24 1/2 hrs from now it will feel better! lol. (back to work tonight)

Katy I hope you had a Very Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! I hope they both were wonderful!

I am off to bed, ttyl!

Mom2Gaby 06-15-2008 03:27 PM

Happy Birthday again Katy, have fun camping!!

I am on the run but wanted to check in. Ate way too much yesterday, I had a reduced fat turket sandwish from Starbucks and my usual chicken steamed veggies for lunch and Rach and I went to Shari's for dinner. I got the Cuban sandwish...plus some munching during the day, so I felt like I overate , got off track and blah blah.
I crawled in bed at 10 and went right to sleep.
Sad for my nephew, especially feel for my sister. She said a prayer and started to cry. Ugh, breaks my heart but there was 40 teens that came to his gravesite so that was sweet, we released balloons and it was so pretty as they flew away, colorful and all. Course I am not sure how earth friendly that is......:?:

anyway - Franice :bravo: on the walking!! :)

Sassy - Glad you are feeling better!! :)

Sue - I know , took awhile to find us!! Hope you are having a good day! :)

Mindee- Happy Fathers Day to Tommy!! I love Yours Mine and Ours...and Cheaper by the Dozen is good.

Hi to Cristina, Tammy and Clara!!

Chat more tomorrow!

Mom2Gaby 06-15-2008 04:36 PM

Back for a sec.....

I had some chicken tenderloin for lunch along w/ some mustard. That was all.....trying to drink lots of water too.
Walked 2 miles this morning and my goal this week is 153. I went to a second hand store and bought a mini demin skirt, I think Gap, size 8. Also some Gloria Vanderbilt jean capri's -size 8, kind of loose but I think that is just the brand. Eddie Brauer runs big too.
Just have some weeding to do and I am caught up on my *to do* list.
My kicker check is suppose to come this week so think I will head to the coast for a day or 2 while the weather is still nice out.

Chat more tomorrow.......have to go get Gabster!! :)

Shopaholic1204 06-15-2008 08:37 PM

I am so freakin bored right now. There is nothing to watch on tv, and I dont feel like putting on a dvd, because I've seen them all a million times. Army Wives doesnt come on until 10. :mad: I'm starving, but I dont know what to eat. I thought about buying a movie On Demand, but eh..nothing seems interesting enough. I hate moments like this where there is nothing to do.