Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 11:59 PM   #61  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, our day of many appointments is over with!

the kids had a recertification appointment at 2pm. the kids all did well, which was great! Brandon is 38 inches tall, and 35 1/2 pounds. Logan is 34 1/4 inches tall, and 28 1/2 pounds. Marissa is our little petite girl at 28 inches tall, and 21 1/2 pounds!

Logan refused to stand up to get weighed, so we tried him in the little chair that they have and he refused that as well. we finally got him to stand up by showing him a Ramone sticker that he could have as long as he cooperated. He then fought me to get his height, but we ended up just laying him down to measure him and it was fine. then he needed his iron tested, which didn't even phase the boy!

Next it was Marissa turn, and she was great! she also needed her iron tested and she didn't even cry! Lastly it was Brandon's turn. He walked into the room, took his shoes off, stepped on the scale and then stood to get his height measured. he didn't need his iron tested, so that was a good thing. they all got stickers and off we went!

Then we had Brandon and Marissa's check ups. Those went great too, until it came time for the shots!

Logan was a little bit of something let me tell you! That boy was bouncing off the falls, trying to jump off of the doctor's stool like he wouldn't get hurt! (mind you he did this twice!)

Marissa went first, and she was enjoying it. She even sat on the doctor's lap and smiled while he listened to her chest/heart. She was fine the whole time.....until he started to rub the alcohol prep pad on her thigh, and then she wasn't really happy! Boy was she so mad! He gave her the first two shots in the left leg, and she got so mad that her face started to turn purple! I got her to breath by blowing in her face, just in time to get the third shot in her right thigh. From then on, she was daddy's girl!

Then it was Brandon's turn for his part of the check up. They pretty much already did his full check up two weeks ago when we were in there. The pediatrician checked his ears and mouth. He is writing the referral for Brandon to see an ENT! His receptionist/nurse is going to call me with the appointment date and time by Friday. (it is open enrollment with the kids insurance, so the receptionist/nurse is going to check and see if they plop them into an insurance company or if I am going to have to call and place them in one)

He also gave us the all clear to take Marissa off formula completely, and to start her on more solid foods. He said that she can now have chicken, meat, eggs, peanut butter, and pretty much anything that we are eating, she is allowed to have. I mentioned to him that we have been trying to get her fully on milk bottles, but if she takes more then 4 ounces at one time she just ends up getting diahrea (sp?). He told us just to give her the four ounce bottles and eventually see if she will work up to more. But for now, since she is growing proportionately then he isn't worried about it!

well, here I was worried about the kids getting sick and it looks like I am the one getting sick instead! my throat is sore and I fell asleep on the couch with Brandon. when I woke up, I was all stuffed up.....so I am popping in to check on every one, finishing up my email and then I am taking my butt to bed! Tommy offered to tuck me into bed, and put a pillow over my eyes (because I was getting a headache). But I wanted to make sure that Marissa got up and got a bottle before I did that. And now since she has her sleepy eyes on, while she is drinking her bottle, I am thinking of laying her back down once her bottle is done.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:59 AM   #62  

Height: 5'1"

A great big hello to you all. Sorry for not popping in more often, just been keeping busy and feeling tuckered once the day is over.

I'm still keeping up w/my exercises and eating better than I have in the past.

I'm heading off to bed, have a good night.

Last edited by Marti; 05-01-2008 at 01:59 AM.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:08 AM   #63  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Hi Its Me! lol

Hi its me!

Here I am. Sorry I have been MIA. I have been still feeling like craploa. My stomach keeps feeling really bad, DH seems to think it could be from my pain meds I take for my back, so I have to go to see my dr to give him his blood he's been after me for and I am gonna talk to him about switching my meds and see if that helps.

Well TGIT! Only 4 hrs and 53 minutes left...... Not that I am counting or anything........lol

A lot of people at work are fed up and either leaving the co entirely or moving to a different dept because of all the schedule changes......DH is looking. I am waiting to see what happens with him.

I need to seriously clean this weekend. I didn't do shinola last weekend due to me being sick. I wish I could take home the cleaning crew that cleans our office building, they'd get it done in no time! Think my co. would notice if I "borrowed" them for an hour or so?

I have just been SO lazy........so I figure I need to get my arse moving and get motivated already! I just feel like I've been in a slump lately. May be my meds too, so I need to get to the dr and quit talking about it. lol.

Francie -- I hope you had a Great B-day!

Hi Everybody out there!

Take care all.

I'll post more on the weekend when I am outta this place! lol.

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 05-01-2008 at 02:10 AM.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:56 AM   #64  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Just a quick Hello to everyone I'll be back later in the day to do individuals. Fonzo is getting his stuff packed up to go. He leaves in about 2 hours So ya..I gotta go right now. I'll be back laters.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:40 AM   #65  
GmaTo8

Sassy - good to see you back here. You were missed.

I've got a busy day planned, and need to get moving. Have a good one, ladies.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #66  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning ladies

Sassy--Hi! We've missed you. Do we work for the same company?! We're having the same kind of thing happening, but it's trying to schedule time off. There is a three month gray area that no one is allowed to take off due to the hospital move, they need all hands they can acquire.....but seriously, no time off during summer months? I hope you start feeling better soon.

Mindee--You're trip to the Doctors with the kids really exhausted me just reading! I hate shots and your poor babies...... Glad to hear they're all well and thriving. Hope you don't get too sick....it's been going around like crazy around here.

Trish-- You sound like me. I'm needing something in my diet that I'm not getting.....I'm getting tired of feeling tired!

Jane--You're like me, constantly busy and on the go........

Pat--Thank goodness that you only have poison oak. A gal at work, her mother has Mersa and is having a time w/it due to having diabetes, it's not healing properly. What kind of flowers did you buy?

Sue--Our Hosta's are growing in nicely and the lillies and poppies are blooming (ready to go already though) and other beautiful things. Wish I new the names to some of the things that are out there. This year there are green onion popping up all over (we didn't plant any last year, so must have been from previous owners) and it's driving me crazy! We also have this crazy garlic growing in one of the flower beds. It's really bizarre to see what's coming up!

Ruth--You've got yourself a great workout routine! I need to up my activity if I want to make a difference. Hard to get motivated sometimes. But I'm trying.

Francie--Is your leg feeling better? I hit mine against the bathroom door one night trying to hurry.....the door is waaaayyyy to close to the toilet!! At least it's just the extra bathroom that no else uses....otherwise company may complain!

Hello to anyone I have missed! A great big &

I need to get the day started. You all have a good one!!
Old 05-01-2008, 04:24 PM   #67  

just stopping by to see how every body is doing.....

Brandon is now coughing, so I am trying to stay on top of him with medicine. BUT it is hard to do when he fights me tooth and nail about taking it! Marissa has some congestion, so I am staying on top of that too with medicine! I have been popping cough drops since I got up this morning, and so far so good!

I will have to come back later to check in again.....Brandon and Logan are enjoying some ice cream....and Marissa is enjoying a bottle!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:59 PM   #68  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Jane~Ya, my leg is better. The bruise is going away. My thighs however are another story, lol.

I lost 6 pounds!! Woohoo!!!

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 05-01-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:04 PM   #69  

Francie~ Great job on the 6 pounds!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 11:22 PM   #70  

Good afternoon ladies,

Mindee...your day sounds like one that my stepdaughter might have. She has a 5 year old, 3 year old and one 8 months old...all girls. But boy does her 3 year old have "middle child symdrome"! LOL Yesterday I went over to drop off some pictures of the kids that I'd had taken at Olan Mills...I had the older two girls get off the computer for a sec so I could show their mom something, the middle one is screaming at me "Mamaw I want to watch Catlou"...so after a little while I raise my voice and say "what if I yell at you" thinking that it would shock her into silence!! NOPE, she just kept on yelling!!
Hope your babies get over their congestions and coughs!

Francie...great job on the 6 lbs. I know you are thrilled!

Marti, yeah...my goal is not to get bored while I'm on this mission. But this week I haven't exercised like I should. Tuesday morning I was nauseated...it just came on out of nowhere. When I got to work, my supervisor told me I was pale...so, the hypochrondiac in me started thinking...left shoulder and arm..nauseated, what if its my heart. I called the dr's office and since I have had a problem with my blood pressure the nurse suggested that I go to the ER. Well, everything looked good, not my heart afterall (heart problems run in my family). Doc says I look good on paper...all the test were good. Good news is I did get a prescription for an anti imflamatory and muscle relaxer. Only, the shoulder still hurts. If it doesn't get better soon, I'll be off to see an orthopedic doctor.

Anyway, it's bedtime...talk to you girls later.

Oh, btw Jane, you have done a great job of keeping this group going! Hope your day slowed down some.

Last edited by short & sassy; 05-01-2008 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:33 AM   #71  

well, I was hoping to have been in bed by now.......but NOPE my stupid fricken neighbors had to start arguing again! At midnight I pounded on the wall (those apartment dwellers will understand that, but for those that don't it is the universal sign for shut up). well, the idiot guy that is drunk AGAIN, decided to pound back on the wall. He is lucky that none of the kids woke up!

BUT the office manager WILL NOT be happy when she finds out that they were arguing again! It is going to be adios time for them! they were given three changes, and this will be their third time! Not to mention, about 15 minutes ago there was a HUGE crashing noise. I was going to call the cops, but every time I call the cops on them, the cops don't do a darn thing!

Ruth~ Logan is my very typical 2 year old right now! every thing is no. he was telling me no at the recertification appointment, and the nurse that was taking his weight and all that, looked at him and said "did you just tell your mommy no?" I didn't hear it any more after that!
Old 05-02-2008, 06:51 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Hi Ladies!

Life has been very busy but I'm stopping by anyway. My nephew is having his bar mitzvah this weekend (a major event in the life of a Jewish family) and the whole weekend is scheduled. My goal is to make it through the weekend without overindulging. (Indulging is ok...)

Last week was incredibly frustrating for weight...much fluctuation. I had a colonoscopy (routine due to age) and after being completely "cleaned out" went up six and a half pounds. I know it is artificial weight...it still felt lousy!

I've been working on sticking with the program though (which for me is a variety of foods, three meals a day, and stopping eating when I am full) and today I got my reward, actually down two pounds. Amazing how reinforcing that small change can be!

Hope all the various health issues are resolved.

Pandora
Old 05-02-2008, 08:28 AM   #73  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Pandora - YAY for the 2 pounds down! Have a good time this weekend, especially at your nephew's bar mitzvah. Sounds like lots of fun!

Sassy - don't stay away so long again, ok?

Mindee - I lived in an apartment at one time, and know how loud and rude some people can be. Hopefully, they will move and you'll get someone quieter in there.

Francie - Marti's the one that asked about your leg, but I'm glad to know it's better anyway.

Marti - yep, it seems springtime is the busiest time of all.

Pat - haha, I always buy more flowers than I intended, too, when I visit the nursery. I'll be going soon for impatiens, and who knows what all I'll bring home.

Trish - thinking of you, and hope you're getting some rest.

Sue - I hope you're getting more sunshine than I am today. Goodness, when is it going to get nice and stay that way??

Ruth - thank you for the kind words. I couldn't have done it without my super co-mod Marti, and the dedicated members. You may want to join us in the Pointer Sistas thread. There's a new one starting each Monday, thanks to Marti.

Today is Jackson's 1st birthday. He's been sick, though, so his party has been canceled until who-knows-when. I'm going to have him here Tuesday, and I'm giving him his present then. It's a John Deere riding toy that makes noise and comes with some farm animals. Think he'll like it?

I'm going to do some scrapbooking today. Caylin is here with me, and I'm sure she'll help, lol.

Last edited by Jane; 05-02-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-02-2008, 09:08 AM   #74  

Hey Jane,

You're quite welcome. Who is Caylin? Love the name, I have granddaughter named Caylin. Well, work is calling, I'll write more tonight.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:06 AM   #75  

hello ladies..how are you all doing?

nothing really new on this end......just spending some time with Logan and Rissa while Brandon is in school. His bus driver told me that as long as it wasn't raining when they got to school, that they were going to be doing an emergency evacuation practice, so if he came home and was talking about getting off the back of the bus that is what he was talking about.

well, like usual, if it isn't one thing it is another!

the pediatrician's office called me today and told me that she looked in their system to make Brandon an ENT appointment, and according to their system, he is inactive on the insurance list. So, I had to make some calls, and now I have a call into our worker, because not only does Brandon NOT have insurance, so do Logan and Marissa!

So, I am hoping that she calls me back before the end of today so I can get them into an insurance group! Otherwise I will be calling on Monday and she won't like me at that point, so for her sake and my sanity, I hope she calls me back today!

Jane~ When the office got called on them arguing the first time, the guy promised that it wouldn't happen again. The office manager told them that if they get any more complaints in the office about them fighting (for a total of three times) then they would get evicted. Mind you, the two that are arguing, are NOT even on the lease! So, they will be gone in about a week or so.......the lady whose name the rent is in, defaulted court for nonpayment of rent.

Pandora~ YAY on the 2 pounds!!!! Good luck with not over indulging this weekend!
Closed Thread