Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 08:58 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi Ladies.

Just a quick fly by tonight. Heard from my Daddy tonight and he was happy. He was at the hospital with Mom and her son and told them what he had done. My step-brother understood and Mom cried and told Daddy she didn't want him to leave her. They worked everything out and they are going to stay together. Daddy assured her and her son that he loves her and promised her that he would be there for her. We are all so happy. I don't know what her daughter that causes trouble will think but I don't think her brother will put up with her. Now that Mom is feeling better and not being drugged because of the pain and knows what is going on, I don't think she will either. Now I just pray she will get well and be able to go home with Daddy to their new home after rehab.

Everything else has been quiet around here. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Trish
Old 04-26-2008, 11:09 PM   #17  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Pat - here's the right thread. Jump on in and tell us more about yourself. What part of Indiana are you from? I'm south of Vincennes.

Trish - oh, I'm so glad your dad is getting back w/stepmom. Hopefully, the DD will mind her own business and let them live their own lives. I am so proud of your weight loss! You're an inspiration to us. Yep, our trip is 2 weeks from tomorrow. Whoo hoo!

Marti - yay for you, getting the walking in. Did your department get moved? I hope you're getting some rest this weekend.

Mindee - wow you were a busy lady yesterday! I bet the kids will be so excited at the party. They're growing up too fast!

Kate - crawfish, huh? My older DDs DH eats those - he's from Mississippi. I hope you had a really good time.

Francie - that's some exercise schedule you have set for yourself. You'll be toned in no time!

Hello to Sue, Tammy, and anyone else reading this.

Jackson is better. He's released from the hospital, sent home with a breathing machine. I'll be watching him Monday after his doctor's appt. because he needs better care than the daycare can give him. Thank you all so much for asking about him.

Mary told me today that she and Dale have separated and she will be filing for a divorce. He's still working in Mississippi. I'm sad to see the family fall apart, but I know it's for the best. When he is home, they fight all the time, and that's worse for the kids than anything. Still, it's sad.

My eating has been bad. Well, "not-so-good" would be a more accurate description. I didn't get any exercise today, and feel sluggish because of it. Yikes, I need a good dose of willpower!

TTFN,
Old 04-27-2008, 03:23 AM   #18  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

I am popping in here before I head off to bed.

I am uploading the pictures that were taken today, well now it is yesterday, at the party! every body all had a blast! the kids got plenty of clothes and they each got a couple of toys. they also got some books, which they are loving! Tommy got them each a balloon. He got Marissa a 1st birthday balloon and he got Brandon a 4th birthday balloon. He then also got twelve smaller balloons, which we then had to pull one out for Logan because he got mad.

I will go and change my avatar here in a second to the kids' cake. it turned out really cute and it was really good!

In all the walking around, cleaning and what not, I managed to walk yet another 6.3 or so miles for Saturday! I need to keep up with all that walking.....although I did kind of eat a little too much pizza.......
Old 04-27-2008, 09:55 AM   #19  
Shyla

S/C/G: 248/195/150

Height: 5'6'

Default New and excited

Hi Jaded Ladies,

I am new to your group.

I have been reading a good book about carbs..."Good Carbs Bad Carbs". I am taking the road down the low GI carb value diet. I do very well on the week days but fall short of my diet goals on the weekends.

This week I am going to try and get in at least 30 min of exercise a day and
drink more water.

Does the water bit really help? I have always fallen short of my water drinking
and I wonder if it is really that important to obtaining my goal.

One thing I do that I believe really helps is, every night I put two tablespoons
of psyillium in a glass of water and drink it. It seems to make me regulaar and
which I believe is very beneficial.

I enjoy reading about the group and am wishing all great success.

Shyla
Old 04-27-2008, 01:44 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi everyone. Can some one tell me how to make a ticker to track my weight loss. Also can some one tell me how to make a pretty thingie at the side of my posts. To help me with accountability. I am going to jump in with both feet; brave the scales in the morning, and learn to love myself where I am right now. I need these things to motivate me. So far today has been good. I am enjoying getting to know everyone here. Have a wonderful day and thank you all.
Pat
Old 04-27-2008, 02:51 PM   #21  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Just stopping by really quickly.

I played some Wii games for 2 hours yesterday and my arms are freakin killing me, lol. But its like a good pain, I dunno.

The downstairs monsters were mowing there lawn not too long ago..and we had our window open. So now my nose is runny and my head is stuffed and I cant stop sneezing. Ughhh I feel like crap.

Jane~Glad Jackson is doing better.

Mindee~That cake looks sooooooooo good, lol. Woohoo on walking 6.3 miles!!

Shyla~Hi I think that water is pretty important.

Pat: Hi too

Well..I'm gonna go see where the allergy meds are. Have a nice sunday!!! BBL!!
Old 04-27-2008, 03:15 PM   #22  

nothing really new since I last posted....

I am about to go and take some cake over to the office manager here in a second after I get dressed. Lazy Sunday.....and after all the hulla baloo of yesterday I think we can all make today a lazy Sunday!

welcome to the new members!!!

Shyla~ I have found that when I drink more water during the day, I am not so sluggish and I feel a heck of a lot better then as if I hadn't! So, I think that it does help out a lot!

Dixiemae~ As far as making the ticker, there is a link at the top of the screen under the "quick links" section. then you scroll down to where it says user control panel and there it is. (it says signature weight loss ticker) as far as the avatar (the pretty thing next to the posts) you do those also in your control panel. have fun!

Francie~ I am the same way around fresh cut grass. So, if I see that they are cutting it, and it is warm/hot outside, I will put the air on. other wise I sneeze and struggle through it as best that I can
Old 04-27-2008, 03:45 PM   #23  

Hello Ladies,

to the group Shyla and Pat. Glad to have you here and look forward to getting to know you.

Shyla - I notice you are from Austin, TX. I was born and raised in Waco. I lived in TX up until 2003 when I met my hubby and moved to FL where he lived at the time. We now live in SC just south of Charlotte. Still have family back there in TX. The water is very important in my opinion. I lose weight better when I drink the water and it also is great at crbing my appetite. I have found that when drink all that water, I don't have room for a lot of food.

Pat - I think one of the others can help you with avatar etc better than me. I struggle with it everytime I use it myself.

Jane - So glad Jackson is home and doing better.

Minee - The cake is darling. Did Anna show up?

Francie - Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Y'all have a great Sunday.

Trish
Old 04-27-2008, 04:07 PM   #24  

Trish~ Thanks for the nice comments on the cake. And yes Anna did show up. She was actually the second person to show up and she stayed for the whole party and left around 7pm.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:22 PM   #25  

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys that I have finally lost my first 10 lbs. Yay The new avatar is for me... to help me keep going.

Mindee - I am so glad she came and stayed for the whole party. I know that was good for the children and you and Tommy.

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 04-27-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:45 PM   #26  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hello Jl's. Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday afternoon.
It is a lazy one here and the weather is quite nippy. I wanted to work outside, but quickly changed my mind. We did walk around the yard to see what all has popped up. I am happy to report that my black thumb is leaning slightly more toward green. Just about everything I planted last year is up. I lost one small rose bush and so far no signs of my clematis. The hostas and ferns are thriving. Both flowering almonds did indeed flower and are so pretty. I planted them after blooming season, so had my fingers crossed that they would bloom this year. All in all if we could just get the grass to grow in the front I would love my yard. DH will be working on that next week. (as he did in the Fall to no avail) The pergola is almost finished, so he will need another project.

Have a ham cooking and will fix veggies and a salad. Plan to clean the kitchen after dinner. I wanted to dust the tops of things again...but not while cooking. haha...dust soup. I often wonder just how we get so much dust. New house, very well insulated and tight. Where does that dust come from??

Congrats Trish and to all the LOSERS this week....and all the MOVERS and SHAKERS. Keep it up ladies.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:58 PM   #27  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Mindee - I'm so glad Anna showed up at all. That she came early and stayed late was more icing on the cake. Speaking of cake, aww, the one you bought is so cute!

Shyla - a big welcome to you. I think water gives me more energy, helps fill me up, helps keep me regular, and helps me lose better. (Although I seem to be in a holding pattern right now, it isn't because of the water.) Btw, you're welcome to fill out a bio if/when you want so we can know more about you.

Francie - ah choo! I've got the same thing going on with my allergies. What a pain!

Pat - I need a whole bottle of inspiration and motivation, lol. Glad you're liking it here. For a ready-made avatar, click on the UserCP in the upper lefthand corner of this page. From there, click on avatar, and quite a few of them will be shown for your choice. You can customize your avatar, but although I can do it, I'm not the right one to explain it.

Sue - do you really want to know what your dust is? A huge percent of it is your dead skin cells that fall off. How gross is THAT?? Glad you didn't get any in the food, haha.

Trish - whoo hoo for making your 10 pounds. I'm so proud of you!

Marti - I hope you're feeling better and had a good weekend.

Tammy - where are you? There's another new episode of Brothers and Sisters tonight.

Thank you for your kind comments about Jackson. Gotta go - it's almost 8pm here, and I've got some things to get ready for tomorrow.

TTFN,
Old 04-27-2008, 08:55 PM   #28  

Sigh. today has been a lazy day. I didn't exercise. I will do some crunches later though, I'm just slacking.
I haven't eaten the best. But I haven't eaten that much. Need to decide what's for dinner.
We had to get our car fixed today, the tire blew out, and we need to order shocks for it so that the new tire won't ruin.
Hope everyone had a great day!
Old 04-27-2008, 11:58 PM   #29  

I meant to post this earlier, but here is the link to the album of ALL the pictures that were taken at the party, and some that were taken after the party.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...0party%204-26/

you will more then likely be prompted for a password, so type in brandon and enjoy!

Trish~ That is great that you lost your first ten pounds! I just happened to realize that this time four years ago, I was pushing 300 pounds! I am now 50 pounds lighter then I was then, and I am looking forward to making it a lot lighter in the months to come.

Jane~ I agree with you! It really was the icing on the cake when she stayed for the whole event and didn't run off! I tried to get a lot of pictures with her and the kids in them so that I could show them and they won't forget her like Brandon was starting to do. now, if we can go back to making a weekly night out for dinner or a get together. I just had an idea, I am going to send the kids godparents an email with that suggestion, and I will put it into the works!
Old 04-28-2008, 12:31 AM   #30  

Hi ladies,

Wow, it looks like I'm gonna have to show up more often to keep track of everybody here!! LOL I'm having trouble keeping up with who everyone is. Please be patient with me if I get confused.

MINDEE-the cake was adorable. It looks like the kids had a blast. Your little girl sure did dive into that cake!! LOL Aren't 1st birthdays the best. We should be having one in September for my youngest granddaughter. I can't wait!

Thrish-Congrats on the first 10 lbs gone!! Keep doing what your doing and they will keep coming off!

Shyla-Welcome, I'm kinda new myself. I was here when the thread started and was MIA for many years. Now I'm back and ready to commit for the long term.

Francie - are you shopaholic? If so, I was reading about your Wii games and wanted to ask you how you like it? I just bought the system yesterday. My friend has one, I tried hers and decided I'd get one in hopes that I can use it as another means of exercise! What games do you have. Right now, I just have the one that comes with it? I spent about 1 1/2 hours playing tonight and my shoulder is a little sore!

Hey Jane, question, did you once sign on as Jana? For some reason that sticks in my head. Oh, is Jackson one of your grandbabies?

Well, it's late and I better get in bed. Another day of work tomorrow!
Closed Thread