Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 09:56 AM   #121  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hey y'all!

Jill: It's amazing where you can find HFCS these days. BUT, I don't worry if I have something that has it in it. It can't ALWAYS be avoided. And it helps me when you post your menu for the week!

I didn't get out to do a big shop trip yet. My BF and I picked up a few things while we were out Friday night,b ut not enough for a week. I DID find these cute mini-bages in the shape of squares from Thomas' English Muffins. They have them whole wheat or "the works", and they are 150 cals for BOTH pieces! We had them at breakfast both days this weekend with scrambled eggs, and I had one this morning with peanut butter. YUM!

Yesterday I worked out with a DVD called "Movement and Meditation". It combines a lot of the elements of yoga, tai chi and chi-gong. At the end, it has a very long meditation segment. I felt extremely relaxed at the end of it! I've been focusing more on the mind-body connection, and I've learned some great things! I have no idea how this translates to the scale so far, but at the same time, I don't care! As long as I feel good, that's all that matters!!

I bought the recent People issue with all the "Half Their Size" folks in it--very inspiring!

Geez, this is long--what a chatterbox I am today!

Edited to add: Hope you feel better soon, Rocker!

Last edited by Jen415; 01-07-2008 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 175/155/125

Height: 5'1

Hey everyone,

Well the holidays are FINALLY over. We had our last big meal yesterday for Ukranian Christmas and I did not to bad. I made sure to add in a little extra exercise too. I enjoy Christmas, but I'm glad its all over and not so busy.

Mcmoo: Congrats on your weight loss!!!

rocker: Hope you feel better soon!!

So far I have started out the year on the right foot. I have a new goal for 2008. I want to get up an hour early 3 days a week and spend that time on my treadmill. I also go to curves 4-5 nights a week so I hope that I can reach my goal this year. We are planning to take the kids on a holiday next Christmas to Florida so I would love to be a little smaller. Today was day 1 and I got up and did a jog and walk combo on the treadmill for a 1/2 hour. I feel great now, I feel like I have more energy today.

Hope you all have a great day!!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:32 PM   #123  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Morning, Gals

Its been a long day, so just popping in to say hello - otherwise know as a fly-by !!

Hope you all had a great day. Rocker, hope you are feeling better soon.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:22 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Thanks for all the well wishes... I can barely sit two minutes without coughing... any suggestions?
Old 01-07-2008, 11:25 PM   #125  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

I just wanted to pop on here to let everyone know I'm still doing well with my WL journey! I have made it to the gym twice this week as well as made it outside for two 3-mile power walks since the air was so crisp and fresh after the rains we have gotten recently. Rain in the desert is a beautiful thing!

I received a pair of turquoise 5-lb dumb bells for Christmas and have been using them in my workouts every other day...I'm ashamed to say that they are heavy for me! I have also been doing lunges and squats but I really need to make up a real weights program for myself. I plan to do that this week using the internet and some books that I have. Even though I worked out with a PT last summer, I still don't have a very good grasp on strength training and stretching exercises....at 5:30 in the morning I just did what she told me to do! My whole body felt like it had been run over by a Mack truck the first week of my training. And it made me sooo hungry. No wonder I gained 10 lbs! LOL. If I had stuck with it for a little longer (there's that pesky perseverance!) I'm sure I would have actually lost weight...I guess I wasn't really ready. BTW, hiring the PT was one of my sisters' ideas...she peer-pressured me into it. Ha! This time around, I'm getting healthy and losing weight just for me. I think the source of motivation does matter!

It sounds like everyone is doing really well so far! I hope everybody has a great week! I will most likely not be posting every day or even every other day but when I do come on I read EVERYbody's posts! They're very motivating! I have an exercise goal of 1000 minutes this month and I have to make sure to get to the gym for an hour for the next couple of days to get myself on track to reach it by 1/31! For just starting out, I think I'm doing well tho! My 2nd weigh in is this Wednesday! I certainly feel lighter. We'll see.

Ciao ladies!
Old 01-07-2008, 11:31 PM   #126  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Default A suggestion

Jilly, as an aside, have you thought about possibly making this into a weekly thread like they do in the maintainers and 20-somethings forum? I think it would make it easier to follow and keep current. All of these pages can get kind of
Old 01-08-2008, 09:33 AM   #127  
Shairing her ESH...

Hey everyone....hop you all are doing well!

Rocker: The only thing that helps me is to stay on cough meds and cough drops. Makes my stomach queasy, but I hate coughing hard even more! I have no plans to get a cold this year! My immune system is better and better all the time!

Bella: Good for you darlin! 1000 minutes is a challenging goal!!

Slim: Great plan! I am NOT a morning person, so getting up on the treadmill would NOT be my cup of tea. I would rather do some stretching or some tai chi moves....

BTW, scale is down 2 lbs this week....
Old 01-08-2008, 01:51 PM   #128  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

I guess we could make this a weekly thread--hadn't really thought about it, since it seems to have slowed down a bit already. Would that be more helpful to everyone else?

Well, big news around my office today is that the receptionist at the front desk is pregnant! It is unexpected, as she and her boyfriend are not married and currently live with his parents, but I'm being as supportive and enthusiastic as I can since I really feel that things tend to work out for the best if you keep an open mind and stay as positive as possible. She is 23, and her boyfriend is 29, so it's not like they're too young to handle it. Anyway, to the point...

So now, of the 3 people I talk to most in my office, 2 are pregnant (read: trying to eat healthy for the babies) and the other is also trying to lose weight, so I really have no excuse to be eating junk at work since I can no longer say, "Well, [fill in name] wanted to go to Wendy's..." since we're all trying to eat healthier. I feel like that's a very selfish reason for me to be happy that they are pregnant, but it works! I love that they're pregnant anyway because I LOVE talking about baby stuff and buying cute little baby things and being there for others during major emotional breakdowns and just helping as much I can in general. I'm also helping the receptionist search for an apartment since she didn't know where to even start, and I've been through that search many times myself.

I wish there was a job where I could just help clients with things like finding new housing, finding jobs, things like that. I just love helping people on this personal level, and I love searching for things online, in papers, etc. But, I'm sure a job like that wouldn't pay the mortgage as well as my current job.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:59 PM   #129  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hi

Well we made it to Tuesday .. whoohoo. My first day back to work yesterday was busy.. doesn't take long to feel like you haven't had a holiday

Jen - congrats on the 2 lbs !
Bella - sounds like you are doing well and getting lots of exercise in..good for you!
Rocker - sorry to hear that you aren't feeling better. Hope the coughing stops soon !
Jill - it's great when there are others at the office that you can lean on for support and encouragement, I am sure that they all appreciate you

Take care and talk soon.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:51 AM   #130  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Hey guys...
I'm really gonna have to crack down this week/weekend.
I go home today to rehearse with my band and then this weekend is BATTLE OF THE BANDS!
Which of course means: eating on the road.
We'll be gone 3 days and 2 nights and I have 4 hungry guys in my band...
It's gonna be really tough, but I know I can do it. I guess I should look up some healthy options. I don't think I can convince them to go to mcalister's for every meal
Wish me luck!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:42 AM   #131  
Shairing her ESH...

Rocker: I SO envy you! I wish I had a band to front! What kind of music?

As far as the road....take as many healthy snacks with you as possible, and just make the best choices you can while you're out. YOU CAN DO IT!!

Louie: Welcome back! I know what you mean about not feeling like you've had any time off....that's the way it works sometimes....

Jill: You're right--most helping profession jobs like you describe don't pay too great, which is too bad. I guess you just gotta accept the personal rewards! LOL.

I've got to get a night time plan together. I always seem to eat more once I get home. And it's not hunger at all, it's habit. Maybe I should use whiteining strips at night.....
Old 01-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #132  
No description available.

Hey Rocker! Welcome! Just stick with your plan as much as possible. I know you can do it!

Louie, I know exactly what you mean. I am NOT ready to get back into the swing of things.

I would vote for a weekly thread, cause it might be a little easier to participate. I know I haven't been able to read all the posts I have missed.

Jilly,
That's really great you can help the receptionist out. I know what you mean about pregnancy meltdowns---I get to witness about a dozen a week.

Esperanza, Sounds like you are ON it with the exercise. I know you will have some good results.

Jen, I munch at night too. Part of it is that I am so busy during the day and eating has definitely been the way I cope with work stress in the evenings to unwind. I have got to get a handle on it. I am considering making lunch my biggest meal of the day, cause I am way too generous at dinner and if I limited it to a sandwich, veggies, and fruit, that might give me more control.

I seem to have dropped the damage from my vacation this week. I'm back down to what I was right before Christmas, so that is good. I need to get back into regular exercising. I've been doing it irregularly, and that helps me maintain but it is not enough to lose. I'm coming down with a cold which doesn't help. I am the world's biggest baby when I am sick.

Have a lovely day, losers!

Last edited by midwife; 01-09-2008 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:16 PM   #133  
Shairing her ESH...

For me I don't think I could have dinner be light all the time. I am afraid that would get me to overeat on other stuff instead....I just saw a segment on Discovery Health about that woman who won on the reverse diet, where she ate dinner at breakfast and vice versa...
Old 01-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #134  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hi

Rocker - sounds like you have an exciting time ahead of you ! Enjoy your trip, good luck with the battle !!

Jen - yes night time can definately ruin what was a good OP day. I am trying not to eat after 7:00.. so far I have failed, but haven't eaten after 7:30, so I am close

Midwife - congrats on the loss !! Sorry to hear that you are getting a cold, not fun being sick.

The scale hasn't moved for me this week, but it is just a matter of time. I am going to the gym everyday and making changes to what I am eating..so it will come. Patience grasshopper
Old 01-10-2008, 09:40 AM   #135  
Shairing her ESH...

Hey Louie: How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.....just like what we have to do with getting healthy--take it one bite at a time. Your patience will be rewarded soon!

I seem to go back and forth feeling good about myself and NOT....I do know feeling good feels better, so I will concentrate on that!
Closed Thread