Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 11:54 AM   #91  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

I haven't gotten up the courage to get on the scale just yet. I'll be there on Monday, though, to get back on track with weekly weigh in. I can tell I put on a little weight at least over the holidays.

I did pretty good yesterday, but I'm slacking when it comes to exercise. Maybe if it would warm up to above freezing at least, it would be more comfortable to be outside!! But, no excuses! I have a coat, gloves, ear muffs, boots... I can do it.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:58 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

Welcome Rocker!
Old 01-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #93  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Welcome to the gang, Rocker !!

Hope everyone is having a good week. The weekend will be here before we know it and then I will have to go back to work on monday

On Saturday I am scheduled to have a fitness assessment at the gym. Not sure what it will entail but I hope that I get through it okay. I'm glad that it is happening now, rather than in October when I first started exercising... that would not have been a pretty assessment !!

I didn't get to Costco yesterday, instead DH and I are going to head out there tonight. Looking forward to picking up some healthy snacks - feels like it has been a month of carbs and suger <<bleech>>

Well I am off to make myself some lunch - have a great day and TTYS
Old 01-03-2008, 04:24 PM   #94  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Hi y'all...checking in!

I had a big revelation last night:

I have never been thin. Ever. So I have NO CLUE how a thin person eats! The thing is, I don't have anyone close to me that is thin so I can observe their habits! So I'm on a mission! LOL!

Welcome, rocker!

Slash: I admire you wanting to get out there in the freezing cold. I live in Florida, and today has been the coldest day of winter so far! I'm such a weenie now!

Jill: I haven't been to the grocery yet either. So I am "making do" with stuff at home until I get there....can be kinda frustrating! Come this weekend, I will do a BIG shop!

I ended up getting stuck at work and couldnt get out for lunch, so I had to eat out of the vending machine. Definitely not my first choice! But tonight will be Wendy's chili!!

Talk to you all later!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 298/298/150

Have you tried Boca chili? It's made with no meat and it tastes really good... I tried it last year when I gave up meat for 3 months. ONLY 150 cal for 269 grams where as there are 220 in a small chili from wendy's that's only 227 grams!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'3"

Okay ladies, so my cold has some what gone away... My throat feels better, still not sounding too sexy, but at least I can BREATH again!! So I'm starting my workout program today!! No excuses! 7 days a week, at least 30 minutes to 1 hour a day!! I was on a mission to lose some lbs a couple years ago, would kick it into high gear on the treadmill for 20-30 minutes per day, and became more food conscious and after about 2 months i dropped 15 lbs.... So, I am committing to watching my portions, and I WILL do this this time, and it will be a permanent life change!!! I'm also going to start keeping tabs on calories and start reading labels. I've decided to USE my food journal!!!

PS. I read on the comp (don't ask me where, I think it may have been either msn.com or a local site here.) that people who REGULARLY weigh themselves have a higher success rate than those who don't. I can understand this b/c when i lost weight before I weighed myself daily and found that it kept me motivated and made me challenge myself. Anyway, just wanted to share that with those of u who have banished the scale!! Talk soon!!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:05 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 311/305/150

Height: 5'9"

Hey Ladies,

So Day three... Success for me!

I haven't weighed myself, but I feel so much better! I doubt I have really lost anything, but I have been so much more active, I actually ran ( I use ran very loosely) up a flight of stairs! I've got spring in my step and it feels great. I don't know if it's related at all, but cutting sugar out of my diet has made my knees feel dramatically better right off the bat.

I made myself breakfast again, and like you, missingmyerica, while I was cooking my eggies, I put the kettle on to boil and made my big travel mug of tea to carry around with me. It was empty by the time I got to work, and I kept filling it all day. I drink water too, I've never really had a problem with water, I guzzle it like it's my job.
I found a tea, I think it's from the republic of tea, and it's called 'get clean.' It's a detox tea, and I like to think that it's helping me not want sugar.

Lastnight, as I was drinking some Tension Tamer Tea, I was reciting to myself... I like this better than the IceCream DH has in the freezer... but I was doing it jokingly. Usually I would have been fighting myself to stay away from the freezer!

Lunch today, I went out with the girls from work. I got a beautiful Cobb Salad with shrimp instead of chicken and it was Delicious! My co-worker got a pizza and an appetizer of fried calamari. I joked that she was trying to sabotage me. I had a few little bits, but am very happy with myself, as I would have normally scarfed half of the plate. The two other girls cheezy gooey pizzas were very tempting, but as I was squeezed into the small booth, I kept thinking of one day not having to move the table so I can get into it.

I just had dinner of two eggs, and a thin slice of ham. I took tiny tiny bites, and it worked. Usually I would have finished it in two bites. That's the good thing about cutting out sugars for me.. The hunger goes away.. Now I want to eat for the taste of it, not the swallowing of it.

On a slight down note, the detox headache is creeping in. I'm drinking so much water to help it pass quickly. I guess it reminds me that it's working though, right?

Going to watch some Kitchen Nightmares on the BBC America Channel, watching Gordon Ramsey dig through the fridges and find all the rotten food makes me not want to eat too.. and he's kinda nice to look at

Good luck tomorrow... Fridays are big sweets and donuts days in the office.. I will Win!!!
Old 01-03-2008, 09:17 PM   #98  
Gotta make it happen...

S/C/G: 289/273/246

Height: 5'8

Helloooooooooooooooo everyone!!

Today was the big day... I went to my first WW meeting tonight. I was going to go to the meeting closest to my house but I changed my mind at the last minute and opted for the location that had the most meeting times. I'm glad I made that decision. I loved the environment when I walked in. It was alot of people there, but it was also right after work, so I knew that there would be a crowd.

The leader was quirky in a perky sorta way and she seemed really nice. I joined officially tonight and had my first weigh in. I'm actually 3lbs lighter than I thought! Man was I thrilled to find that out. OMG... imagine losing 3lbs over the holidays?!! That was really a great way to start this journey because now I'm motivated to keep losing. Hey... if I can lose 3lbs not doing a thing, what might happen with some effort, right?

My weigh-ins will be on Saturday, starting next week. How are all of you doing?
Old 01-03-2008, 10:35 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 227/219.5/150

Height: 5'5

Welcome Rocker! Question: Why "Rockerinsideafatgirl" Why not just a Rocker? I understand the idea of fat obscuring who we really are but why does that mean we are someone else in the meantime?

If you want to be a rocker, well be a rocker at the weight you are! I'll salute you (and if you actually get that reference I am waay less lame than I thought I was)!

I've never liked that "skinny person trapped in a fat body" mentality. Just makes being overweight feel more victimizing and we can all use all the empowerment we can get. Its a vicious circle. If you veiw the fat as a punishment of sorts then you stay fat because you feel like you deserve to be punished because you are fat (and the million other toxic ideas that people who have been overweight have about themselves).

Jen415: I know the feeling! I have found it really helpful to look at the fitdays of the successful women here like Meg and Mandalin318 (sp?) though its still all pretty baffling to me. Sometimes it seems like Tons of food even though in my head 1500 cals isn't much at all.

Personally, I had a less than stellar day. My scale broke (the battery died) and I had a day full of fast food but I at least kept the soda to a minimum (MAJOR weakness of mine) and I started a blog that I am excited about (still debating if I want to link to it or not).I'm sick and have the joy of TOM which makes a real work out rough but I have been pacing all day which I guess is better than lying in bed. And quothe Scarlett "Tomorrow is another day!"
Old 01-03-2008, 10:59 PM   #100  
HealthyGoals08

S/C/G: 186/186/155

Height: 5'3

Im new and wondering how you get the cute little trackers?

Thank you!
Old 01-04-2008, 10:43 AM   #101  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Hi y'all!

Healthygoals: Go to the UserCP button at the top left corner of your screen, then click on edit signature and it will give you directions.

Rocker:I haven't tried the Boca Chili, but I have some of the other products. Not bad!!

Thazard:I like your enthusiasm! And if weighing daily motivates you, then go for it!

McMoo:That's the idea--to FEEL better!! And I'm with you--I loves me some Gordon!!

TEach:So glad you found a good encouraging environment! I've been on WW a couple of times, and for me both experiences were not good because of those in my meetings. I just knew I needed more support than they could give. BTW, have you checked out the WW forums here on 3FC? Lots of good folks there!

Mirth:I love your outlook! I whole heartedly agree--be a rocker NOW!! Why wait? Why wait to do ANYTHING until you lose weight? As that John Mellencamp song says..."Your Life is NOW!"....Hope today is better for you!

I am having a great day so far!! I've had a good breakfast and still feel full. I'm having lunch out with a friend today--not sure where yet. But wherever it is, I will eat mindfully!

See y'all later!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:25 AM   #102  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Hey Mirth: I got it your reference! I'm so proud of myself. I guess it is just a good thing that it was a reference to classic rock (is there any other kind?) and not the music of my kids, or I would have been lost. There I go again, showing my age!

Luvz2Teach: Losing weight while not being on plan? Just think what you'll do with a solid plan. You'll be unstoppable.

McMoo: I always liked ****'s Kitchen just so I could watch Ramsay in action. Hot!

Rocker: Boca chili... is it frozen? I'm assuming not canned??

thazard: Glad you're feeling better!

Well, for me, I didn't exercise yesterday. It is amazing how easily I can justify being too busy and having too many other things to do. I am turning myself back around and getting back to how I was before the holidays. I am having a little trouble amping up my water intake. One step at a time!!
Old 01-04-2008, 11:35 AM   #103  
Project Down-Sizing !!

Hello Ladies

Just dropping in to say hello
Old 01-04-2008, 11:42 AM   #104  

Boca chili is frozen not canned and it is really good.

House: I don't mean it to victimize myself. I'm in a band, I am the only girl, the lead singer, lead guitarist and I DO rock. BUT it is hard for me to physically rock out and sing at the same time. The rocker I want to be is a thinner, healthier rocker than I am now, one that can actually rock and keep a pitch!
I have to say... I really love how you are concerned though. It means a lot that people here care when people say negative things about themselves. Again, my sn is not to victimize myself, but to motivate.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:45 AM   #105  

P.S. I got your reference. 10pts for a good rock allusion. AC/DC is awesome!
Closed Thread