Old 01-14-2008, 09:28 PM   #211  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I think I might need to re-start one of my challenges. My stay within calories challenge Today is fine and is going to stay fine, but tomorrow my boyfriend wants to leave work early and drive to Victoria and go for dinner at Red Robbin with a bunch of friends. I tell myself that I will eat only a salad but I doubt it will happen and even then there is no way for me to get the calorie information. GAaaaah! I would use a pause day but then on Wednesday it is my boss' (most favourtie boss, really really sad about this) last day, we are going for lunch at this beautiful place and I decided I was going to have a nice lunch with her for her last day... so two pause days in a row would only leave me ONE left and I dunno if I could finish the challenge. SO, do I risk two pauses two days in a row? OR do I just restart the Challenge on Thursday? Thursday would be Day 10.

Last edited by sotypical; 01-15-2008 at 12:44 AM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:44 AM   #212  
Starting Fresh

within calorie range: day 7, 3 pauses left
3L (or more) of water: day 7, 1 pause left
Old 01-15-2008, 07:45 AM   #213  
Lionel's Beautiful

Height: 5'3

Typical- I say at least try to see if you can finish your challenge without restarting. you might prove yourself wrong and make it through the rest of the challenge no sweat. Remmeber you jsut gotta make great choices throughout the rest of the day and maybe you can still stay under your calories. Were all here to support you.
bbybear712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:06 PM   #214  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

sotypical
First don't go somewhere to eat that you can't get the nutritional information. Your boyfriend and your friends should understand how important getting healthy is for you and support you in this decision. A place should be picked to eat at that you can get the information you need to make the best choices possible. If they won't, you need to think about why they aren't being supportive. Second, there are always reasons not to eat like we should. Grandma is only in town for the day, Little Susie made this or that in home etc, we are having a busy day shopping or a busy day at work and we will just grab something willie nillie. Part of the journey we are taking is making our selfs pick what is good for us, not always what is easy. You should stick with your challenges.

Day 15
All challenges complete

Last edited by Shy Moment; 01-20-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:32 PM   #215  
It's Gonna Happen!

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Height: 5'9"

Ok, I haven't checked in since Saturday - ugh. this has been one of the busiest 8 days of my life - work is blowing up, school was heavy, and then a wedding... and on sunday there were family "issues". Oy vey.

anyway, I totally bombed all challenges this weekend so I need to start over (other than no diet pop - still going strong on that one!) I made all of these on Monday - so here goes!

Sticking to points - 3 pauses - day 1
Writing everything down - 0 pauses - day 5
No diet pop - 0 pauses - day 5
No eating after 8pm - 3 pauses - day 1
rdye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:47 PM   #216  
Starting Fresh

Thanks guys. I think I can make it through today just fine. I exercise extra and am eating lower through-out the day. So I should be able to order a burger and salad and have calories left to spare.

As far as going somewhere to eat without nutritional information, my boyfriend's friends were already going and just invited us to come, so it is my decision if I go or not, not their fault

I found some stuff on other sites, but only some menu items. None of the salads or anything, grrr
Old 01-15-2008, 06:03 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Today, I was out running errands a lot so the temptation to snack wasn't there nearly as much as when I'm just around the house. (but i'm also so worn out from all the errands. Traffic makes me sleepy).

Day 2 complete:
~chewed gum instead of going for snacks, 3 pauses left
~drank water, 3 pauses left
~exercised for at least 30 minutes, 3 pauses left
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #218  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Day 12 - reading my notes - pause, 1 pause left
Day 13 - water - good, 3 pauses left
Day 8 - count calories - good, 3 pauses left

Thought I'd better come in and catch up. Nice to see so many posts again! Hi to all of you and have a great night.
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #219  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Hi people. I'm calling Day 5 a go. I can see how hard it is to eat well when I go into work. The problems hit me from the start and don't let up till the end of the day. Then I take them home with me. I don't feel like eating well, don't feel like much of anything, just going out for a drink. Still, I forced myself to at least get some vegetables in and put two kinds of sea vegetables in some instant miso (that's a soybean thing) soup. It felt very healthy, but I don't know. The skin is no better. Itching and so dry and flaky I think I'm not going to have any left! But, again, it's only 5 days. I've got to carry on. What else is there but to dose up on steroids, which just aren't addressing the root of the problem. Anyhow, gotta run. Glad to see you all hanging in there, getting through the tough parts, gliding through the easier days. It's all about keeping at it, not giving up, getting back on the horse when you fall. Best of luck to you all!
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:26 AM   #220  
It's Gonna Happen!

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Height: 5'9"

Made it today!

Sticking to points - 3 pauses - day 2
Writing everything down - 0 pauses - day 6
No diet pop - 0 pauses - day 6
No eating after 8pm - 3 pauses - day 2

Quiet - love your challenge of gum instead of snacking - I saw that on Biggest Loser too.
rdye23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:06 AM   #221  
Starting Fresh

woo I didn't have to use a pause day even though we went for dinner! I did it! yah! Tomorrow I will though!

within calorie range: day 8, 3 pauses left
3L (or more) of water: day 8, 1 pause left
Old 01-16-2008, 07:56 AM   #222  
Lionel's Beautiful

Height: 5'3

I made it through my challenges today but i totally bombed on my calorie intake for the day by over 400 calories. I worked late last night so I just got fast food for dinner and I totally blew it . After I worked out the calories I felt so disgusted with how much I ate. I think I need to find out how many calories are in things before I eat them, because now I feel like I have to make up for yesterday.
Typical-Good job not having to use a pause day. Now your getting closer to finishing that challenge.
bbybear712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:35 PM   #223  
Starting Fresh

bbybear712 -
You can't worry about yesterday. I know the feeling of eating something and then finding out how horrible it was, but don't worry about it - it was one day, don't starve yourself today to make up for it. It will just cause you to be more hungry today and could cause you to end up over-eating again (saying this from experience). If I know I am going to eat somewhere I try and find out the information before I go and then pick something out. But sometimes things happen and we don't have time to plan! Today is a new day, forgot yesterday
Old 01-16-2008, 05:42 PM   #224  

Height: 5' 8.5"

Day 13 - reading my notes - pause, 1 pause left
Day 14 - water - good, 3 pauses left
Day 9 - count calories - good, 3 pauses left

Well, I seem to be playing catch up a lot lately. Spent the whole morning doing paperwork for our business, which is one of those chores that I can't stand! I hate dealing with government paperwork and am always nervous that I'll make some stupid little mistake and get us in trouble. Oh well, it's done now and I only did a little nervous munching. Luckily we'll have an accountant do the big, year end stuff.

bbybear - I agree with sotypical. You just can't beat yourself up for yesterday. Forgive yourself and move on! This is one of those lessons that you learn as you go. You now will be more aware of it for next time.

sotypical - Great job saving that pause but I hope you enjoy the planned pause you are taking!

rdye - You're on a roll. Keep up the good work!

Red - Wow, your life sounds so hectic! Have you tried any relaxation techniques at all? If you can find something that works for you, it can help. (at least a little bit!) When I quit smoking, I used a lot of deep breathing and hot tea. Don't know why, but it helped me and still does to this day when I'm really stressed. Since changing your whole career is pretty drastic, maybe something little will help make it a little less stressful.

Hope all of you are doing well!
djstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 07:52 PM   #225  
Starting Fresh

So I surprised myself today, well I am still taking a pause day the choices I made were not anyway near as bad I thought they might end up being. In the past when taking a treat day I have been known to really blow it, eat something horrible like a huge plate of fries and a burger, or a huge plate of pasta, something like that! The day is no over but I think the worst of it is. I had a scone for breakfast and a calmari salad for lunch! Dinner is going to be home made Mac N Cheese and salad! Anyway, I figured lunch would be much worse so I am feeling good about that.

within calorie range: day 9-pause, 2 pauses left
3L (or more) of water: day 9, 1 pause left

AND I am going to add a new challenge, not totally sure what to do about this one as it not something I usually do everyday but just every week day. Anyway this Challenge is to exercise, so during the week I need to do at least 20 minutes and on the weekends just a few minutes, even if it is just some sit ups - so overall the challenge is to exercise everyday. I am going to make this level 3.

daily exercise: day 1, 3 pauses left