3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Old 11-22-2007, 07:02 PM   #136

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
I made it - flew through the night to Brisbane and got met by the son and then came home. Plenty of work to do here too, but it is physical and not mental or stressfull in any way. I can do this. It's cooler over here and thankfully not too many flies so I can relax somewhat.

Yeah Patty - whats this about a new bloke??? We need to know. Don't let us know about new blokes unless you are prepared to describe and inform. Poor Nae gets the third degree every time she comes in to post.
Glad to hear that you are continuing with the exercise. I'm just starting back on it. Got time now. I'm not working 16 hour days anymore.

Happy - we are getting an American version of the Biggest Loser at the moment. I don't know how current it is. There are three teams, Blue, Red and Black - Jillian Michaels is coaching the Blacks and dear old Bob the Blues. Don't know who the chick with the Reds is but it has consistently lost the weigh ins for the past two weeks. I shall have to watch tonight to see what happens next. Boy there are some big people in there!!! One bloke lost 30lbs in one week and you can't even see where it went!

Well I think I should go and give Sunday that scratch. We are following the leader here. I've got an appointment at the Doc's at 11.00 - well that is when they think it will be! He won't be happy with me. I know the BP is up, I know that I am not as trim as I was although the weight hasn't changed that much. Just redistributed. Aaah well.

So I'll be back later to see whats going on!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:57 AM   #137
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Sure is cold here this morning - just a few degrees off of freezing. Glad I was not one of those crazies up at 3:30am waiting in line in front of the stores. I'm sure many of them get in line to buy the stuff and then sell it on e-bay for a tidy profit. No way would I be outside waiting in front of a store at 4am - even WITH my gun I think it's getting a little ridiculous with the day after Thanksgiving shopping day - I'm sure the store employees don't appreciate it much either.

Had a nice turkey day. Didn't stuff my plate - a bit of this and a bit of that. We ate at 3pm too - I didn't have breakfast and we were still full at supper time so only ate once yesterday and I never did get around to making dessert so those calories weren't wasted. I figure I spent at least 6 hours in the kitchen yesterday between prepping, cooking, eating and for some reason I had a huge load of dishes and pans - took me over an hour to clean up and DH helped! And there were just 2 of us !!! I spoke with my sister on the phone - her family is all sick so they did not attend the family dinner. She said this year she was making some of HER favorites. I had to laugh because I was too. Made my mom's dressing that I love, a green bean casserole that I hardly ever get to have as well as this delicious pineapple dish I had last week at our luncheon at work. The casserole has crushed pineapple, a sugar and flour mixture, cheddar cheese, crushed Ritz crackers (butter bisquits Shad) and some melted butter poured on top then baked in the oven for 30 minutes. It's soooo good DH said this is good but the kind of stuff that goes right to your waist. I said yes, it's not diet friendly BUT it's an accompaniment - you don't eat a whopping cup full - just a spoonful to compliment the turkey every few bites or so. Ohhhh he says.

Then last night at 9pm he said - let's go for a walk. It's dark, it's cold. My first instinct was NOW? NOW? But then it was like what dah heck, I can do this. We started walking down the street and there was this lady who has a small moose of a dog who was walking down the street. She walks the dog when it's dark and lets the dog sniff and do his business all over the yards. We have found Godzilla sized turds on our lawn that we suspect are from this dog as DH has seen the dog squat and do his business on lawns across the street from us. We walked behind her for a while and when she would stop, we would stop. We were trying to find out where she lived because we can send a letter to the town and they will send her a warning letter reminding her that we have leash laws (although the dog is on a leash) AND you are REQUIRED to pick up any solid waste your pup makes (which she isn't doing). I certainly don't mind anyone walking around the area but I am tired of these lazy people who walk their dogs at night and let them go on other people's property because they are too lazy to pick up after their own animal or clean their own yard. We did by the way find out where the culprit lives - clear across the subdivision. When we got home I was thinking we should make this walk a habit - tho maybe not so late at night.

Still have 3 days ahead of me to get things done. Doing laundry now. Going to have a second coffee and peek at the sale flyers in the papers tho I don't think I want to really go out to the stores. Guess I'll make a list, close my eyes and point at something and that's what I'll do

Shad - the Biggest Loser show you have on is the begginning of the current season's show we have on right now. For once you guys are in sync with us. Lot of drama in that season. Too much for me. I think they have gotten away from the inspirational part of the show and gotten too cheesy. The shows have been 2 hours lately - they tend to go to commercial and then come back and replay the same scenes they showed just before the commercial break as well as blatant product endorsement (isn't that what the commercials were for???). I may skip the next few episodes and just watch the finale to see what people look like. They certainly don't seem to be having as dramatic a weight loss as in prior seasons. Well the boys do, the girls don't. Except for one Korean girl who lost 88 pounds and is tiny now. But she was the most inspirational, driven, focused girl they have EVER had on the show. It was just wrong that she got booted off as a threat but then again, that's why it's not worth watching reality shows. Except for the Amazing Race where the nature of the show is such that you can't manipulate how things go very much. It's skill and luck in that show.

Anyway I have rambled too much and my coffee cup is empty. I'd better go look at that newspaper I made DH go out specifically for and buy before I hear about it

Have a good weekend ladies...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 02:58 PM   #138
Choose your hard

I agree Rennie - best thing about all those long hours in the kitchen is that for the next few days, at least all we have to do to cook is warm it up!

I hate Christmas shopping. Don't know what to get anyone. I'd rather clean the house and so I will...
Old 11-23-2007, 05:45 PM   #139

Clean house - Christmas shopping! Clean house - Christmas shopping? Don't worry about me, just trying to make up my mind here. Think I will stick to packing the house up and leave both of the others for later. Glad to hear that you had a good Thanksgiving and that you didn't overdue it.

Happy that pineapple recipe sounded like pineapple crumble until you got to the cheese! I'm not a pineapple fan (crikey don't let them up the road a bit hear me say that. I live in pineapple growing territory). So I'll pass on the pineapple and go for the cranberry - which I love with any kind of poultry. Why were the crazies up and shopping at 3.00am? Aaah I guess it is like the January sales here! One thing on the real bargain list and all the others you could have bought elsewhere for around the same price.

Rennie - did you get the family around and did you solve the dilemma with the sleeping arrangements? At least you have the food for the week sorted - that has to be a bonus. Hows the knee.

Went to the doctor yesterday - how are you he said. All puffy I said, need some more fluid tablets. Well that's all you ever come to see me for he said so I knew why you were here. Lets have a look at the puffy.
I explained aeroplanes and the like and that I had had a couple of colds recently and he told me that anyone flying around the world like I did deserved a couple of colds and puffy ankles. Apparently we are only meant to fly when the good lord gives us our wings!!! Actually he isn't that bad and normally he is only trying to get me to do something I don't want to do when he says things like that - and all that aside, he doesn't like to leave the State of Queensland. He is not what one calls a traveller.
I told him that I was willing to bet the BP was up, the weight was up and the ankles were up. Only one of the above was true. The BP is perfect, the weight is static and the ankles are definitely puffy. However, isn't there always a but or however???? I do need to do blood tests for sugar, cholesterol etc. Which I will do when I come back in January but he expects them to be as perfect as usual as well. Jeez when did I ever get so damn good?? He must have had some bad news guys in before me.

I watched part of the biggest loser last night - actually I slept through most of it and then watched the weigh in and elimination - they voted the older guy off the blue team which I thought was fairly silly - but hey, not my decision - he was a bit of a pain in *** type. Anyway he has gone on to lose 88lbs and looks good on it! Just goes to show. They are not losing much at the moment - 2 to 3lb a time. Which is probably quite sensible, just not usual BL style.

Okay, so the plan for the day is to clear, clean and pack some more boxes for the DS2 to take to the shed. Get shot of a lot of junk we don't need. Find the missing tax files I sent to the Accountant and re fax them. The accountant can't find them although the receptionist told me last May they were there, get some more kittycat biscuits for Sundays who is complaining loud and long that I am starving her! and generally do a whirlwind tour of the relatives and friends. So with the coffee finished and the toast eaten, there isn't much more of an excuse not to start is there?

Catch you all later.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:50 PM   #140
Choose your hard

Shad - yes, I remember you are not a pineapple fan. First time you visited, DH was all set to show off his mega amazing, isn't it the best thing you EVER tasted, pineapple rings on the grill - and you said politely, no thanks - I don't like pineapple The only time I would eat pineapple was with cottage cheese and that's because that's how my mom introduced me to it. Like turkey, green peppers, spinach and other assorted foods, I have learned to start eating the things that are healthy options. And since they came out with the sweeter, gold pineapple - I don't mind a bit of it here and there. I always have cranberry sauce so I'm glad you told me. I do prefer the cranberry orange relish they have this time of year. I was horrified to see on the Biggest Loser show that 1 large scoop of the canned stuff (tho I only eat a slice of it) has as much sugar as 8 doughnuts. Just when you think you're doing something good, they pull the rug out from under you. And at our age, you have to expect that they will be running tests on this, that and the next thing. Maybe it's because they can't beleive the first round of your tests came out so good that they will do it again just to make sure it's not a fluke

I got a short email from Mel. She is being a good girl and sitting quietly while the body gets back in rhythm again. She hopes to be back here soon and says hello

Well Rennie - you should know that those of us who gnash our teeth and ring our hands at the idea of holiday shopping just HATE to hear you cheerful lot that gleefully announce that you're finished all your Christmas shopping by the end of September There's several reasons I don't shop early - 1) I don't know what to get people, 2) if I do see something before November I forget that I can get this for them for Christmas, 3) If I find something I'm really excited about giving someone - I want to give it to them IMMEDIATELY and not wait 2 to 3 months, 4) If I shop too early I forget where I stashed the stuff/forget I bought it in the first place - and I've done this before. 5) Last but not least I usually can get things at some sort of sale or discount taking advantage of the holiday sales. This year the retailers expect their slowest season in 5 years running so that means we should see some decent sales.

Shad asked - why were the crazies up at 3am? The day after our Thanksgiving holiday is traditionally the start of the Christmas season. And for as long as I can remember, that Friday - now known as Black Friday - is the busiest shopping day of the year. It's known as Black Friday because the shoppers come out in droves and it's the one day each year the retailers can plan on making enough sales that day so they are actually "in the black" for revenues. Many of the retailers here make more than half of their annual revenues during the 4 week period from Thanksgiving through Christmas. Over the years it's become sort of traditional that the stores have huge sales the day after Thanksgiving. In an effort to bring in the customers, some started opening an hour or two earlier. As the years rolled by 8am start became 7am opening the following year, last year it was 6am and this year the stores were opening at 4am. Some places like the electronics stores will offer 10 laptops computers for $399 dollars -first come, first gets. So people will actually line up and literally camp out at the doorstop for more than 24 hours to be the first in line to get these items. In some cases it might be a hot item that a store only has a few of, some people say they can only afford to get their kids this item at the deeply discounted price and I'm sure there are more than a few entreprenural spirits who camp out, get the item at 1/3 of the retail price and immediately sell it on E-bay for a handsome profit. If spending the night in freezing cold on the cement wasn't bad enough, it's when they open the doors with the shoving, pushing crowds of maniacs. One lady got trampled when she got knocked down and people just ran over her in California. Not for me. No one needs anything from me that bad that I'm going to do that. We have January after Christmas sales too Shad but this day after Thanksgiving is sort of special.

I did some cleaning yesterday - not as much as I should have but I did get all the laundry done. Got distracted as usual. It's supposed to be a cold rain tomorrow so I want to plan out my meals today and hit the grocery store while it's still dry. I have lots of vegetables - just need a few meats. I'm thinking I'll work in the garage tomorrow. DH filled 10 bags with leaves and this morning it doesn't look like he even touched anything at all - well actually the front yard is looking ok - it's the back yard that's ankle deep.

Better get a move on here. Rennie - hope you know I'm teasin' you.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:12 PM   #141

We're a very quiet lot here at the moment aren't we? Just Happy, Rennie and me. Poor Mel, she really is having a hard time at the moment. Wonder what the next Chinese lunar year is - the rooster doesn't seem to have done much good for our little group.

Hapy - thanks for the explanation on the shopping phenonomen (sp????????) Just like our January sales where people get trampled underfoot, shops make revenue as you said and women fight over underwear etc. I feel no inclination to go at all. If the retail stores were prepared to forgo 5 or 10% of their profit over a longer period of time putting out good things instead of some of the cr*p that they sell during their SALES, then they might tempt me into going. Isn't it lucky that neither the medical profession nor the retail outlets rely on me for their profits?

Sunday the cat has been yelling at me to get up for a long time now. Now that I have she is sound asleep on the pillow and hasn't realised I'm not there yet. I went and got her biscuits yesterday and gave her a handful - she gave me a very reproachful look, but apparently I am forgiven as she snuggled up to me last night. Pity I won't be here tonight for her isn't it!!!

I have now packed up all the small stuff from the kitchen, lounge, dining room and spare bedroom. Today we will take it down to the shed. There are still a pile of books to pack from the other bedrooms and the linen cupboard. After that it will be furniture from the DS2's house to go in there. Then we can get started on ripping out the old cupboards, cleaning, painting, lighting etc. etc. etc. Does it ever end.

Shortly we are off to breakfast with the family and then it will be another busy day and I have to mow the lawn at some stage since the rainy season has officially kicked in. You can sit and watch the grass grow. We are not getting a lot of rain. Not enough to break the water restrictions but enough to keep the grass green and the weeds 10 foot tall. Gotta love the tropics.

Pineapple seems to have a strange effect on my family. DS1 is allergic to fresh stuff and I have this funny tingling effect from the canned. I tried the new so called less acidic, sweeter best ever pineapple in the world (remember it comes from up the road) and I started to swell up - so I guess the allergy to whatever enzyme is still there. Juice seems to be okay.

With that I had better shower and get out of here for brekky. Wake up the DS2 who last night complained becuase breakfast was going to be at 9.00am and not earlier. I'll be back as time permits. Have a great Saturday or Sunday - wherever you are.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:37 PM   #142
Choose your hard

Morning ladies,

It certainly is quite empty around here. But I suppose everyone is off being busy. It's a cold and rainy day here. I should probably have gotten myself outside yesterday like I was thinking of doing but the day just drifted off. Now I'll have to go out in the rain to get the groceries.

Nothing much to say. DH made bacon and eggs for breakfast which was a nice surprise. I have a few things to get done today. Thought about decorating for Christmas but I'm just not in the mood. I did put out the Christmas placemats at the table and may put out the runner in the dining room Little by little

Have a good one...
Old 11-25-2007, 03:03 PM   #143

Good Afternoon Ladies,

I think I have finally recouped from Thanksgiving Dinner and all my company. I had 18 over for dinner and then another 4 dropped by that evening. I also had 5 guest for 4 nights, 2 adults and 3 children. It wore me out. It was alot of fun and yes I would do it over again. It's nice to be with family. I actually weighted this morning and didn't gain a pound. Of course I was so tired from prepareing everything (we'll not everything) I really didn't eat that much.

Going to catch up on things around the house today, get laundry done, maybe go to the grocery store. I didn't make any of the sales, but with three kids in tow, NO Thanks...

As for the new bloak... i think that's right. I actually haven't met him. I met him on personals and we've been talking on line and now on the phone. With me having company for several days, & he went to visit his family, it was just better to wait until they leave. We're planning on meeting this tuesday... Monday is my b-day and I already had plans to celebrate with my girlsfriends...

I'm somewhat dreading tomorrow's workout... it's been several days since i have worked out... but got to get back on track.

Monthly Weigh-in
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:06 PM   #144
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Sorry I've been missing in action so to speak. Tuesday afternoon my sister and her hubby arrived. We had a nice visit. They left early Thanksgiving morning to drive to his mother's in Searcy, AR, near Little Rock, AR. I drove to Paragould for the family get together. I returned home this afternoon. It was raining and foggy too. UGH.

Happy
Christmas shopping is a total chore for me. For one thing the crowds make me chlostraphobic(sp)Then finding that special something is getting harder each year. Gift cards are the best choice in my opinion. I give my both siblings money to buy their Christmas dinner. This way I can include their children and grand children. I may do this for my uncle's family also.

How nice of your dh to make breakfast!

My aunt decorated their house Saturday afternoon and evening while my uncle and I hung the outside lights. My decorations consists of poinsetta's and candles.

Shad
Give the cat another snuggle.

Patty
You did have a house full of people. Hope you had some help in the kitchen.

Reenie
Congratulations on having your Christmas shopping done.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:04 PM   #145

Hey you lot are not pornographic anymore. Hey, Hey!!!
Not that I have much time to chat because all **** has broken loose here in the office. Officially I am not going to Karachi any more. Not sure that I didn't blot my copy book but I really don't care anyway.

So I'll toddle off and do some more panicking in another corner and come back later to comment. Stay safe, stay well.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:32 PM   #146
gettin' with the plan

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Reenie
Congratulations on two more pounds lost. That's great. You are an inspiration.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:40 AM   #147
Choose your hard

Quick check in here.

Sounds like you stirred up quite the flies nest Shad. Probably just as well since it didn't sound like Karachi was a very pleasant place anyway. If only they would just work with you, right? Hope things get better and you get out soon.

Congrats on the steady weight loss Rennie.

Glad to hear you had a good trip with your families Ceejay and Patty.

And seeing as how it's Monday

Happy Birthday Patty!

The thing about a having a few days off is that you want more of 'em. - just like chocolate but it don't pay the bills so off to work I go... first thing to do is stare at the computer screen and wonder what the heck it was that I was doing when I logged off last Wednesday Forgot to leave myself a note on what to pick up working on today. Oh well, guess it will come to me

to those missing and lurking.

Last edited by happy2bme; 11-26-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:58 AM   #148

Morning All, It was a great holiday 4 day weekend.....so fun to family that you don't usually have to be around. We had dinner at my cousin Lynny in the Montana woods with deer and birds and wildlife right outside to watch. Great food and drinks and lots of laughs.
I then travelled to my new guys place on friday and had a lazy weekend with him. Things are good but he is probably not the best long term mate for this girl. So we shall see how it all goes from here. I went to a new quilt shop and found a product for my new craft and possilby my business to start. I will keep you posted if it takes off.
There was snow up North so I did a few rounds with my crosscountry skiis. No snow here at all and warmer here.....I really want snow outside my door soon. I spent an early Thanksgiving with Jesse and his girlfriend on the previous weekend and got to see him play hockey again. My oldest went out to the coast and spent it with his grandma so that was great.
Hope all of you are well and looking forward to the upcoming holidays...just keep it simple and enjoy.... not worth the stress for the pursuit of stuff and more stuff.
Blessings all,
Peace,
Nae
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:23 AM   #149
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATTY!!!
AND ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY!! MAKE A WISH AND BLOW OUT THE CANCLES!!

GOOD THING I DECIDED TO CHECK BACK INTO THE 3FC WORLDLY SANATORIUM TODAY!! I ALMOST MISSED PATTY'S BIRTHDAY!! I SEE RENNIE AND NAE ON THIS PAGE AND SENDING OUT HUGS AND WAVES TO YOU ALL.
I WON'T DRAG EVERYONE DOWN WITH THE DETAILS BUT LET'S JUST SAY IT WAS THE WORST TIME WITH THE EYES THAT I HAVE HAD SO FAR. HOPEFULLY I HAVE LEARNED A LESSON FROM ALL THIS AND IT WILL BE THE LAST TIME.
I FELT LIKE I WAS FALLING APART PIECE BY PIECE FOR A FEW DAYS THERE BUT THE GENE POOL WON OUT IN THE END. THANK GOD I AM A STUBBORN PERSON!
FEELING PRETTY GOOD TODAY AND ALL IS WELL IN MY SMALL CORNER OF THE WORLD. JEN HAS BEEN AWAY ON AND OFF SO I HAVE NOT KEPT UP WITH THE THREAD AT ALL. HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL AND HAPPY

RENNIE~ GOOD THING I SAW YOUR HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO PATTY OR I SHOULD HAVE MISSED IT!

NAE~ GOOD LUCK WITH THE NEW BUSINESS IDEA. KEEP YS POSTED AND I WILL SEND GOOD VIBES YOUR WAY. WHETHER OR NOT THE NEW GUY WORKS OUT, AT LEAST YOU ARE OUT THERE MAKING CONTACT WITH THE HUMAN WORLD!!

OK GALS OF THE WORLD, I AM OFF TO BEGIN A NEW WEEK. MAYBE EVEN GO FOOD SHOPPING TOMORROW! THAT WILL BE THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER FOR ME
TTFN AND HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
Old 11-26-2007, 12:11 PM   #150
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I HAVE BEEN CLEANING AND READING IN BETWEEN. FINALLY FINISHED. SENT A NOTE TO MOOZ. I AM GLAD IT ALL WORKED OUT WELL WITH THE MAMMO IN THE END.
THIS NEW YEAR SHOULD BE THE YEAR OF THE RAT I THINK JEN TOLD ME. THE ROOSTER USUALLY MEANS THINGS LIKE WARS AND GOD KNOWS WE HAD ENOUGH OF THAT!!

HAPPY CAUGHT THE NON-POOPY SCOOPER. MADCAT IS IN LURKER MODE.
RENNIE IS DETERMINED TO SCREW UP THAT KNEE OF HERS FOR XMAS!!
CEEJAY IS GOING FOR ANOTHER DIPLOMA!
RUTHIE TURNED THAT CUTE DOGGIE DOWN. CAN'T SAY AS I BLAME HER!
HOLLY IS FINALLY GERM FREE....AT LEAST FOR THE MOMENT.
CARLA NEEDS A GOOD BOOT IN THE PANTS!! WHAT KIND OF FOOD CHOICES ARE THESE??? SHE TORTURES ME TO GET RID OF THE CAFFEINE AND THEN GOES OUT AND CELEBRATES!
PATTY WAS RUNNING A HOTEL FOR THE HOLIDAY. LET'S ALL GO AND VISIT HER...SOUNDS LIKE SHE HAS LOTS OF PATIENCE!! A NEW BEAU PERHAPS??? GOOD LUCK!
NAE IS THINKING OF BECOMING OUR NEXT ENTREPRENEUR! COMPETITION FOR THE DONALD!!

I THINK WE MISSED OUT ON SHAD BEING HOME. FOR SOME REASON JEN AND I WROTE IT FOR NEXT WEEKEND!! I THINK BECAUSE I HAD DECEMBER 3RD WRITTEN THERE ALREADY! MAYBE IT'S A GOOD THING THEY WON'T LET SHAD PLAY IN THAT DAMN
FLY-INFESTED FLY-POOPY SANDBOX!!!! WITH YOUR COMPUTER SKILLS SHADDIE YOU CAN CHANGE THE COPY!!!
I AM GLAD WE'RE BACK TOGETHER AGAIN...SNIFF, SNIFF. SEE YOU GALS LATER
BTW.....WHERE ARE WE SPENDING THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS? DENMARK? DALLAS? THE DAKOTAS?